And thats not even mentioning the scoreline

We have hit rock bottom

fakeyank
28-08-2011, 04:55 PM
:haha:

Btw, who was the douche bag mod who banned me from the match thread? :lol:

Boss
28-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Wenger staying on will prove just how much of a joke this club has become.

Özim
28-08-2011, 04:56 PM
6 f*cking years this pr*ck has been building, now we've just lost by the biggest margin I've ever experienced......we're a complete joke.....please leave out club you deluded idiot!

Edinburgh Gooner
I will happily join the Wenger OUT brigade me thinks. That was disgraceful!!!

selassie
Wenger is totally finished at this level, to go there with a team like that and attack them is nothing short of suicide. It's so sad it's got to this, totally and utterly pathetic.

WengerISaLizard
http://www.abload.de/img/di-t1mh-1yqaz.gif

Joker
28-08-2011, 04:57 PM
:lol: at the banner about "In Arsene we Trust". I'm sorry, but sheep like fans like that need to wake up and smell the coffee. We're in this position not because of referees, not because of City's money, not because of Nasri's greed, it's because Wenger is a cunt who's destroying this club, ably supported by the wankers on the board.

WENGER OUT! BOARD OUT! WE ARE ARSENAL FC AND WE ARE BIGGER THAN ANY ONE INDIVIDUAL.

Özim
28-08-2011, 05:00 PM
There's no hiding place for Wenger now, even those supporters that were left must be embarrassed by what he's turned us into.....1 point from 9 some joke of a Korean on the way, humiliation at the hands of a team who were once upon a time a rival.......

AKBapologist
28-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Basi.... Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@goonersweb.co.uk and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.19 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.19 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.goonersweb.co.uk Port 80

dazthegooner
28-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Wenger out NOW!!!

Daniele
28-08-2011, 05:07 PM
I am a 31 year-old Arsenal supporter. I have been supporting them since a was a kid. I was the strange one here in Italy rooting for an English club. I've come to London just to watch them play at Highbury wheeling and dealing with an unknown chap in the back garden of the Gunners Pub in Elwood Road in 2005. Today in the closing stages a tear was rolling down my face.

fakeyank
28-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Looks like DW stadium, Craven cottage and the likes will be our main rivals.

gunnerrrrr
28-08-2011, 05:08 PM
unbelievable, shocking, embarrassing, pathetic, arrogant, lost, confused...and that is just me

Cripps_orig
28-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Think i might watch MOTD today just to see what Dixon has to say.

Asthmatic Kitty
please never let djourou put on an arsenal shirt ever again

McNamara That Ghost...
I erm, what?

Marc Overmars
28-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Sorry but, what a fucking joke this team is. I said to myself that I wouldn't give a fuck if we lost as it was expected, I'd have to be a robot though to not react to this. Ok we had many players missing, but the least you'd ask for is to go out there and perform like something that resembles a football team. Instead it looked like they were a bunch of kids who had been rounded up from the park. I gurantee Swansea, QPR and Norwich will put up a fight there, but us? Nope, died on our arses just like the bunch of cowards we are.

This club is at rock bottom and the tragic thing is that absolutley no one is surprised at the rate this team is dropping.

Boy you better have some players lined up this week Arsene, because you are not the same fucking bloke who lead us to glory all those years ago. Fucking imposter.

Fuck off Arsenal.

Niall_Quinn
True about the server. The fans have got FUCK ALL left apart from GW. So PLEASE sort the fucking server out so we aren't denied that too. Pretty please.

PS. Might not be the specs. Might be the number of apache threads need to be increased AND max connections for MySQL. Plus is the DB optimised, cache, query optimiser, etc?

fakeyank

Btw, who was the douche bag mod who banned me from the match thread? :lol:

So who was the douche?

Cripps_orig
28-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Sorry but, what a fucking joke this team is. I said to myself that I wouldn't give a fuck if we lost as it was expected, I'd have to be a robot though to not react to this. Ok we had many players missing, but the least you'd ask for is to go out there and perform like something that resembles a football team. Instead it looked like they were a bunch of kids who had been rounded up from the park. I gurantee Swansea, QPR and Norwich will put up a fight there, but us? Nope, died on our arses just like the bunch of cowards we are.

This club is at rock bottom and the tragic thing is that absolutley no one is surprised at the rate this team is dropping.

Boy you better have some players lined up this week Arsene, because you are not the same fucking bloke who lead us to glory all those years ago. Fucking imposter.

Fuck off Arsenal.

Buts whos going to want to come now to a team that just lost 8-2?

Munchies
28-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Ferguson knew Man Utd were going to demolish Arsenal today hence why he chose to start speaking to the BBC again this weekend!

Sirjackofwilshere
28-08-2011, 05:25 PM
You want to direct you're ire at Wenger? Fine. But don't forget the board and Owners complicity...sure, hes not totally innocent but they're hanging him out to dry.

Edinburgh Gooner
28-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Has the ARSE spoken to the media or has he holed himself up in the team coach baggage hold?

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2011, 05:26 PM
True about the server. The fans have got FUCK ALL left apart from GW. So PLEASE sort the fucking server out so we aren't denied that too. Pretty please.

PS. Might not be the specs. Might be the number of apache threads need to be increased AND max connections for MySQL. Plus is the DB optimised, cache, query optimiser, etc?

I think it is simply not able to cope with the amount of guests. :lol:

fakeyank
Has the ARSE spoken to the media or has he holed himself up in the team coach baggage hold?

He mentioned that we did not recover from Wednesday night :lol:

:doh:

Marc Overmars
We were tired from mid week apparently.

Lol.

AKBapologist
'signings are always the solution in England, but we have 8 players out'...

Cripps_orig
28-08-2011, 05:27 PM

He just spoke on Sky

"Udinese game took too much out of us. Priority is to get players fit" blah blah blah

Edinburgh Gooner
You want to direct you're ire at Wenger? Fine. But don't forget the board and Owners complicity...sure, hes not totally innocent but they're hanging him out to dry.

This is the first time I have came out against Wenger. I have had total faith until now. This match just proved that something is very very wrong at the club. 8 players out is no excuse. Smaller teams with lesser players than we had out today would never have been hammered in the way we were.

The Realist
If you took out the top 6 players, from any of the teams in the top 10, they would not get beaten like that.

Wenger out. Anyone arguing needs their heads tested.

After the ticket price increases, it is clear to see we as fans have been blatantly looted by the board.

Wenger isn't the only one to blame, the board are equally as responsible.

Mr. Lahey
he said the loss was because of weakness in certain areas and not being physically fit due to the game midweek.

Edinburgh Gooner
28-08-2011, 05:28 PM
He just spoke on Sky

"Udinese game took too much out of us. Priority is to get players fit" blah blah blah

Same old same old then. Oh well, we have a fortnight to mull things over and hopefully take it out on Swansea in the next game. We were never going to win today, but from the showing today a few players have to stand up and take the blame.

cheesy bites
28-08-2011, 05:29 PM
This is by far the worst day I've ever seen as an Arsenal fan. And the frightening thing is, I don't expect this to be the last time I say this, this season. I swear to God, if we don't bring in another centre back and centre midfielder, we will finish outside the top 6.

gunnerrrrr
28-08-2011, 05:29 PM
huge respect for the way Sir Alex came out and said the things he said, he was very humble and almost embarrassed to beat us so badly.

jelgoon
28-08-2011, 05:30 PM
I just dont understand how all the pundits think that we should still keep Wenger. Merse has just slagged the team off big time but then said that we should never get rid of Wenger. Lawro said the same on Five Live. Its nonsense. I have no confidence at all that, even if we buy two players, anything will change. We have totally lost it. And Merse is right about something else - the players we have are nothing special. Song is not special nor is Arshavin, Ramsey, Koscielny or Traore. We are an ordinary team with possibly three good players - RVP, Walcott (ocassionally) and Vermalen (when he's fit which isnt very often). Wilshire will be good but is much too young to be expected to lead the midfield and he's already fucked,

Letters
If he doesn't sign anyone then I sodding give up.
We were always going to lose today but I didn't expect a pasting like that.
He surely can't be oblivious to the fact our squad just isn't good enough.

AKBapologist
How about having a team missing 8 senior players (including all the ones who couldn't play today) from the allotted 25...

Özim
The pr*ck talked about us being tired (at the beginning of the season...really? Maybe you should have signed some players then you c*ck), then he's started talking about 8 missing players! :doh:

Man U had players out and as Merson pointed out none of the players we have out would get a game for Man U, he reckons we need 4 signings at least...hard to disagree (doesn't reckon we can get them though). He also said he thinks since Dein left it's been going downhill, got to agree again...the quality of players and negotiations have been awful since he left on the whole. Reckons Cesc saga should have been done and suted in May...again hard to disagree.

Arsene as usual in total denial, Man U had 5-6 missing players too, difference is they have a quality squad and top notch players.

jelgoon
28-08-2011, 05:31 PM
huge respect for the way Sir Alex came out and said the things he said, he was very humble and almost embarrassed to beat us so badly.
That's how sad we are. Of course Sir Alex loves Wenger - he knows that as long as he is in charge we will never challenge him again. Must be desperate for Wenger to stay.

selassie
28-08-2011, 05:31 PM

Wenger coaches the team not the board, Wenger's tactics suck, I mean what coach of any so called Top Team would go to Man United with a patched up team running around like headless chickens? Zero tactics from Wenger.

Joker
28-08-2011, 05:33 PM
We'll only get our Arsenal back when Wenger and the board fuck off. The board are only worried about their shares and couldn't give a shit about our club, while Wenger has lost the plot completely, doesn't understand tactics and cares more about his "youth project" than he does for Arsenal FC.

AKBapologist
28-08-2011, 05:34 PM
As everyone keeps on saying. The board are responsible - if they won't sack the manager, do you expect AW to go on his own accord.

selassie
28-08-2011, 05:35 PM
How about having a team missing 8 senior players (including all the ones who couldn't play today) from the allotted 25...

Well Sagna, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Wilshire, Song & Gervinho are arguably the only first choice players missing from our team, you could argue that United had Rafael, Rio, Vidic, Carrick, Valencia & Fletcher missing from their team.

Our squad sucks, it sucked before we sold 3 important first team players and sucks even more now. I honestly have no idea what is going on at the club at the moment, it's truly sad though.

Elreactor
28-08-2011, 05:35 PM
This is incredible. I thought the ref would eventually help mutd, but that wasn´t necessary. I never thought I´d see such a game from an Arsenal side. Where´s the long term project? Six years of "patience" to get to this stage where there is not even a competitive football team? Even in the ideal case where the current best possible squad is back together and try to bring some dignity, it will only take a single suspension or injury to badly fuck everything up again.

One of the "youth" is still here though, Djourou, but I think the only significant thing he´s done since being at Arsenal is dying his hair with that ridiculous orange. What a sad idiot.

Globalgunner
28-08-2011, 05:36 PM
I can see again that some are trying to turn this into another blame game as with the poll thread. The board have LITTLE to do with this. We simply do not know how to defend. The board do not do player selection or training or tactics. This has been an ongoing problem since the invincibles. Our coaching is suspect and has been for years. Gary Cahill, Samba, et al will not improve things. Wenger needs to go or the coaching team needs booting out, preferably both. Our players do not know how to react in given situations and our midfield allow runners to pass them by like statues. We need Bould to take over the defensive coaching ASAP

AKBapologist
28-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Wenger: “We are close to signing a striker at the moment but we are still looking for a midfielder and a defender”
Wenger: “The players who were out today was too many. We didn’t expect to have all these players out. It is too many”
Wenger: “I am very open to signing players if we find players who can strengthen the team. We have a lot of people working on that”
Wenger: “We have to sort out our problems and, at the moment, not speak too much”

Park seems to be our striker and he's only after another 2 signings... Fuck me.

Bergkampwonderland10
28-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Didn't wolves or someone purposely make 10 changes to their first 11 against United and only narrowly got beat 2-1? And Wenger still manages to find excuses for that performance, tiredness, players missing etc. Why he took off Cocquelin I have no idea - we were never going to win that game - but at least we looked semi-decent with him holding in midfield.

Young Guns 11
28-08-2011, 05:38 PM
I would 8 2 be an Arsenal fan right now...

:rimshot:

Ollie the Optimist
just speechless. dont know what to say really,

i dont care about wenger anymore but if arshavin plays one more game for this club i will kill someone

Marc Overmars
Worth remembering that is was Djoruou, one of the more senior players who fucked up at the start to begin the rout.

When you have guys like that to rely on, our kids don't fucking stand a chance.

AKBapologist
28-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Well Sagna, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Wilshire, Song & Gervinho are arguably the only first choice players missing from our team, you could argue that United had Rafael, Rio, Vidic, Carrick, Valencia & Fletcher missing from their team.

Our squad sucks, it sucked before we sold 3 important first team players and sucks even more now. I honestly have no idea what is going on at the club at the moment, it's truly sad though.

NO. IF WE HAD EVERYONE FIT, AND AVAILABLE, WE COULD STILL SIGN 8 PLAYERS BEFORE RUNNING UP OUR FA SQUAD LIMIT!! (assuming Alumina and Bendtner are off)

cheesy bites
Sczezny--------Fabianski

Sagna----------Jenkinson
Vermaelen------Djourou
Koscielny-------Squillaci
Gibbs-----------Traore

Ramsey---------Rosicky
Song-----------Frimpong
Wilshere--------Diaby

Walcott--------Arshavin
RVP------------Chamakh
Gervinho-------Oxlade-Chamberlain

That second eleven would get relegated.

fakeyank
Wenger: “We are close to signing a striker at the moment but we are still looking for a midfielder and a defender”
Wenger: “The players who were out today was too many. We didn’t expect to have all these players out. It is too many”
Wenger: “I am very open to signing players if we find players who can strengthen the team. We have a lot of people working on that”
Wenger: “We have to sort out our problems and, at the moment, not speak too much”

Park seems to be our striker and he's only after another 2 signings... Fuck me.

Park :haha:

Arsenal :rose:

Arsenal fans :pal:

:(

The Wengerbabies
28-08-2011, 05:40 PM
What an absolute joke we are.

Nothing else to say tbh,

A complete disgrace lower league teams won't be so comprehensively beat at OT. Wenger has to go there can be no defence.

Elreactor
What´s wrong with this site? My post appeared twice, and it´s very hard to enter. Some manc hackers that didn´t have enough fun with their team thrashing us maybe?

Marc Overmars
Didn't wolves or someone purposely make 10 changes to their first 11 against United and only narrowly got beat 2-1? And Wenger still manages to find excuses for that performance, tiredness, players missing etc. Why he took off Cocquelin I have no idea - we were never going to win that game - but at least we looked semi-decent with him holding in midfield.

Pretty much. There are no excuses. Shite teams who go there will not concede 8 and will probably make them work for a win at the very least.

What chance do the players have when the manager is just as lost as they are.

Joker
True, it was the two central defenders who were probably the worst players on the pitch today. United ran rings around both of them, and there was one moment when Cleverly played a give and go with Rooney and Djourou was completely clueless about his position that summed it up tbh.

And yet ******* thinks our defence is fine and just one addition is sufficient.

The Wengerbabies
28-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Sczezny--------Fabianski

Sagna----------Jenkinson
Vermaelen------Djourou
Gibbs-----------Traore

Ramsey---------Rosicky
Song-----------Frimpong
Wilshere--------Diaby

Walcott--------Arshavin
RVP------------Chamakh

The first XI isn't much cop either.

Özim
The defence was a total shambles, Jenkinson did look out of his depth but then the more experienced players around him didn't help at all, he shouldn't have had to play in a game like this at this stage...the fact he had to just shows how incompetent the manager is.

He signed players from lower leagues and expects them to be able to play in games against the Champions even though they've not use to that level.

The offside trap was laughable, it was just so easy to bypass the whole defence, a pub team could have done it to be honest.

cheesy bites
Djourou?

Come back Senderos, we forgive you.

AKBapologist
28-08-2011, 05:42 PM
What´s wrong with this site? My post appeared twice, and it´s very hard to enter. Some manc hackers that didn´t have enough fun with their team thrashing us maybe?
GW and Arsenal having a shocker seem to go hand in hand...

Letters
28-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Merson made a good point that Wenger can't just send any old players out there and expect them the play 'the Arsenal way', with 2 of our back 4 out we had to keep it tighter today. It was embarrassing how easily they got through us today.

Wednesday showed we're not that bad at full strength but we just have to strengthen that squad. Wenger said something about "when you lose signing are always the answer but we had 8 players out today". Well yes, Arsene. But that's WHY signings make a difference 'cos then you can replace players who are out with decent replacements not kids making their debuts.

HAVE to spend big in the next few days, thank God for the international break, that will hopefully give us time to clear our heads and resume more positively against Swansea.

cheesy bites
28-08-2011, 05:43 PM
The first XI isn't much cop either.

Our first eleven is top 6 for sure if they stay fit the entire season. But there is no way in Nasricunting hell that would ever happen, so that back up eleven has incredible importance. They really are awful.

Ollie the Optimist
28-08-2011, 05:44 PM
i am not going to blame jenkison much, inexpereince made those mistakes, but he is young and talented and will come back stronger.

kos i thought was ok, and chesney really couldnt do much with the goals they were just that good.

dj was crap and so was traoae. ramsey was alright in the middle, was v impressed with colquein given circumstnaces, rosicky was annnoymous and theo was best player. rvp did ok, should have scored pen and a couple of second half chances but not too pissed off at him.

arshavin can fuck off and die the lazy cunt

AKBapologist
Merson made a good point that Wenger can't just send any old players out there and expect them the play 'the Arsenal way', with 2 of our back 4 out we had to keep it tighter today. It was embarrassing how easily they got through us today.

Wednesday showed we're not that bad at full strength but we just have to strengthen that squad. Wenger said something about "when you lose signing are always the answer but we had 8 players out today". Well yes, Arsene. But that's WHY signings make a difference 'cos then you can replace players who are out with decent replacements not kids making their debuts.

HAVE to spend big in the next few days, thank God for the international break, that will hopefully give us time to clear our heads and resume more positively against Swansea.
Quoting forum shocker..

Niall_Quinn
After the ticket price increases, it is clear to see we as fans have been blatantly looted by the board.

Wenger isn't the only one to blame, the board are equally as responsible.

This.

The club has been robbed guys. The shareholders are richer than ever, the whole shooting match has been flogged to a disinterested yank who obviously couldn't give a fuck about what goes on on the pitch. Arsenal is now about property deals, merchandising, ticket prices, entertainment (corporate, not football obviously). The football? Well you watched that for yourself today.

Is this just bad luck? A blip? I don't think anyone can kid themselves any more. This club is going down. Those fucking horrible old misers who have scraped every last penny out of the club, fuck those swine. If they gave a shit about the club they could have reinvested some of that looted money forked out by Stan. But instead they've got together and flogged off even more players. And by the way, the last minute signing of a Cahill or a Jagielka will make virtually no difference. We're always just a couple of injuries away from a hiding like the one we got today. We need 5 or 6 top, top quality players. We have three days to get them. No hope. Not that the money vampires would part with the cash anyway.

People tell me to behave when I say we'll be in the relegation battle this year. Are you so sure we won't? The relegation battle can involve as many as ten team right to the wire. When you see what we saw today, can you name the ten teams we are superior to in this league? Are you relaying on zero injuries and zero suspensions when you make that assessment? Looks like Wenger is, almost as if our recent history simply doesn't exist.

Sacking Wenger won't make and difference either. It will just buy this fucking horrible board more time to carry on their thieving. These cunts need to be exposed and burned out. PHW and his mob? Shit on them. Fucking shit and piss on them.

milla
28-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Worth remembering that is was Djoruou, one of the more senior players who fucked up at the start to begin the rout.

OMG I totally lost my faith on him. You assume he'll get better with nore games under his belt, but he got worse. Lars Ulrich version of football. :coffee:

Japan Shaking All Over
28-08-2011, 05:45 PM
thank god our next game is Swansea, may only lose by 1 ;-/

Özim
28-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Wenger's comment about "in England after a defeat people think signings are the answer" is worrying as well........for some reason he doesn't seem to place any importance on signing quality players and having good backups.

What is the guy on, if he wants to build a team of kids maybe he should go manage the schoolboys!

Incidentally Man U team had the same average age as ours today, so it's not age that's the problem...it's quality!

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 05:47 PM
The defence was a total shambles, Jenkinson did look out of his depth but then the more experienced players around him didn't help at all, he shouldn't have had to play in a game like this at this stage...the fact he had to just shows how incompetent the manager is.

He signed players from lower leagues and expects them to be able to play in games against the Champions even though they've not use to that level.

The offside trap was laughable, it was just so easy to bypass the whole defence, a pub team could have done it to be honest.

Djourou is a laughing stock. A fucking horrible player. Clueless, slow, braindead. A shadow of the guy who started last season so well. Maybe it's a confidence thing with him but we cannot afford to play him again this season. I'd rather have Squillaci. At least Squid is funny. Djourou isn't funny at all, not one fucking bit.

Boss
1822: What about Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger? "We were very weak in some departments and Man Utd had a lot of class. You always feel humiliated when you concede eight goals," said the Frenchman - but, more pertinently, he is asked if he is going to quit: "No." Has he considered it? "No." Does he have the confidence of his employers still? "Yes, I think so." He went on... "The solution in England is always to buy players, but it doesn't always happen like that."

Letters

A million squillion people are trying to moan about Arsenal, the server is struggling a bit. I've not found it too bad.
Tbh the traffic right now is pretty unusual, we could look a bumping up the server capacity but I'd suggest that this sort of thing won't happen too often...or maybe it will this season :(

Özim
28-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Djourou is a laughing stock. A fucking horrible player. Clueless, slow, braindead. A shadow of the guy who started last season so well. Maybe it's a confidence thing with him but we cannot afford to play him again this season. I'd rather have Squillaci. At least Squid is funny. Djourou isn't funny at all, not one fucking bit.
Agreed but we've known our defence is shocking for ages, the options we have aren't up to it....Djourou, Squillaci, Koscielny (he was part of the 8-2 demolition too after all) are all rubbish and have no place at the club.

Vermaelen is the only CB worth keeping, yet for some reason Wenger seems to think we have 4 good CB's...he really needs to wake up.

fakeyank
28-08-2011, 05:50 PM
A million squillion people are trying to moan about Arsenal, the server is struggling a bit. I've not found it too bad.
Tbh the traffic right now is pretty unusual, we could look a bumping up the server capacity but I'd suggest that this sort of thing won't happen too often...or maybe it will this season :(

It will happen more often

Marc Overmars
28-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Park Chu Young will lead us to salvation.

Elreactor
28-08-2011, 05:51 PM

It seems he´ll spend big in some unknown korean who will be relied upon to score goals, right? I was hoping that to be just press BS, but it´s true apparently. And the worst part is that Wenger had to get "stealthy" for a signing of this laughable calibre. There´s still time to fuck things even more with this guy, the board, or whatever combination that made all this possible. Well, maybe they think the worst has passed, being murdered 2-8 by former arch-rivals, and there´s still hope of beating the lower profile teams in the PL.

Özim
28-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Park Chu Young will lead us to salvation.
Oh yes, 3 million well spent....last of the big spenders and all that :lol:

Joker
28-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Oh yes, 3 million well spent....last of the big spenders and all that :lol:

Don't forget we have Squillaci coming back from injury and he will be like a new signing.

Özim
28-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Don't forget we have Squillaci coming back from injury and he will be like a new signing.
Of course, we don't need new players as we have 8 players out and when they return they will be like new signings.

RomfordPele
28-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Hmm, at least Paddy Power won't be refunding any losing bets. Anyone stupid enough to back Arsenal or a draw deserves to have their money taken off them tbh.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Sczezny--------Fabianski

Sagna----------Jenkinson
Vermaelen------Djourou
Gibbs-----------Traore

Ramsey---------Rosicky
Song-----------Frimpong
Wilshere--------Diaby

Walcott--------Arshavin
RVP------------Chamakh

Players we'll never get a full season out of crossed out. Mix and match to get a truer picture of what we'll be putting on the pitch this season, plus the Korean guy of course - he;s bound to make all the difference. It's hard to lay into the players too much (most of them anyway). Many of them simply aren't good enough to play at this level but it's not their fault they are here. It's the penny pinching greed of the board and the unparalleled blindness of Wenger to blame. Plus the "support" staff all over the club that fucks it up from coaching to fitness to keeping the players on the pitch to making the signings, signing the sponsorship deals. What an absolute fuck up across the board. Bad management = piss poor performance.

Marc Overmars
28-08-2011, 05:57 PM
No one is going to sell their top players this late into the transfer window, unless it's for silly money, silly money that we're not prepared to pay. Our worst fears are coming true, a huge wad of cash burning a hole in the pocket but nothing to spend it on.

We fucked up by not getting business done in June/July, instead we spent the summer fighting for Nasri and Cesc who were lost causes from the get go.

But of course that was the waiting period.

We have snookered ourselves this season and 4th place looks as far away as it's ever been.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 06:02 PM
No one is going to sell their top players this late into the transfer window, unless it's for silly money, silly money that we're not prepared to pay. Our worst fears are coming true, a huge wad of cash burning a hole in the pocket but nothing to spend it on.

We fucked up by not getting business done in June/July, instead we spent the summer fighting for Nasri and Cesc who were lost causes from the get go.

We have snookered ourselves this season and 4th place looks as far away as it's ever been.

A cynic might say we've "fucked up" on purpose. The old forgot my wallet routine, strung over months with a new rumour or excuse keeping people distracted. They have 3 days to do right by this club. Putting the fucking ticket prices up and then keeping all the fucking money. Cunts.

Dentonboy
28-08-2011, 06:03 PM
JackWilshere:

"I heard all the Arsenal fans singing! You my friends are a fucking (excuse the language) inspiration to Arsenal Football club and i love you"

Tweeted a minute ago.

Only Wilshere, Vermaelen, Sagna, Walcott, Frimpong, van Persie and WS worthy of support at the moment. Thought 6-1 in 2001 would be as low as an Arsenal team could get. This is far worse, injuries regardless.

Joker
28-08-2011, 06:04 PM
If we don't get at the very least 3 more players then we're going to stuck in mid table for the season. I know some have talked about relegation, but I don't think that's likely. What's most likely going to happen is that we'll hover around 8th-10th position throughout the season, perhaps making a late bid for a Europa League place.

Özim
28-08-2011, 06:06 PM

Pretty much, when some were complaining in July as usual they were told wait till August, wait till the end of the transfer window etc....trouble is it was an all too predictable scenario as we've seen it many times before.

Maybe some of Wenger has rubbed of on the fans as some never seem to learn, yeah we f*cked up big time....Nasri and Cesc's departures were as predictable as can be, as was the fact they'd leave late on and we'd have noone lined-up and would leave ourselves next to no time to replace them.

So yeah it's come true, well done Wenger you w*nker.

Daniele
28-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Sczezny--------Fabianski

Sagna----------Jenkinson
Vermaelen------Djourou
Gibbs-----------Traore

Ramsey---------Rosicky
Song-----------Frimpong
Wilshere--------Diaby

Walcott--------Arshavin
RVP------------Chamakh

They would. and by far tbh.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 06:07 PM
If we don't get at the very least 3 more players then we're going to stuck in mid table for the season. I know some have talked about relegation, but I don't think that's likely. What's most likely going to happen is that we'll hover around 8th-10th position throughout the season, perhaps making a late bid for a Europa League place.

No, I don't think we're bottom 3, but bottom 10 is a possibility if the injuries and suspensions fall the wrong way (which they always do). Bottom 10 is not inconceivable. Think of all the other "inconceivable" things we've managed to pull off in the last couple of seasons.

Btw, it's "inconceivable" we won;t strengthen before the window close.

Daniele
28-08-2011, 06:08 PM
JackWilshere:

"I heard all the Arsenal fans singing! You my friends are a fucking (excuse the language) inspiration to Arsenal Football club and i love you"

Tweeted a minute ago.

Only Wilshere, Vermaelen, Sagna, Walcott, Frimpong, van Persie and WS worthy of support at the moment. Thought 6-1 in 2001 would be as low as an Arsenal team could get. This is far worse, injuries regardless.

I don't like RVP and Walcott. their attitude sucks.

Kano
28-08-2011, 06:08 PM
JackWilshere:

Tweeted a minute ago.

they all deserve support, remember its the manager/board that have put them in this situation

RomfordPele
28-08-2011, 06:10 PM
I don't like RVP and Walcott. their attitude sucks.

I agree, particularly Theo. Lazy against Liverpool and his main contribution today was to publicly bollock a rookie left back for bombing forward. Sorry Theo - he's been asked to do that, just as YOUR job is to track back and put a tackle in.

RVP? His heart didn't look in it today, which is deeply deeply worrying.

Özim
28-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Also Young was sensational today, always rated this guy as he was awesome for Villa....this is the guy we should have signed, either this summer or instead of Walcott.

Pace, skill and can finish too....he's already added a new dimension to Man U and is going to make them a much more potent force going forward.

For Villa whenever they were on form he was the man that posed most threat, a brilliant player worth every penny he was bought for.

Daniele
28-08-2011, 06:13 PM
I agree, particularly Theo. Lazy against Liverpool and his main contribution today was to publicly bollock a rookie left back for bombing forward. Sorry Theo - he's been asked to do that, just as YOUR job is to track back and put a tackle in.

they are the players who should take the team to the next level. and I don't mean the Championship.

Özim
28-08-2011, 06:14 PM

Not impressed with the guy, did almost nothing today.....yes he won a penalty (but it wasn't a penalty more like a dive) and he scored (but it was a tame shot the keeper completely messed up)...but he was largely anonymous...which considering his pace and experience is disappointing.

RVP wasn't great but he's basically playing up front on his own and thus relies on others to feed him, but yeah he needs to step it up as well but we saw last season that he can.

Sirjackofwilshere
28-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Never liked Theo tbh. Struts around the pitch too much and acts as if rolling up his sleeves and putting in a shift is beneath him.

AKBapologist
28-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Not sure why people are blaming theo for telling Jenkinson to watch the flanks. His only contribution? I guess some prejudgeses will never change.

Sirjackofwilshere
28-08-2011, 06:18 PM
One thing I can't get my head around is letting eboue and cliché fuck off and putting jenkinson and Gibbs in their Place...WTF

Edinburgh Gooner
28-08-2011, 06:19 PM
2 weeks til our next match. we have 3 suspensions, frimpong should be back (not that it'll make much difference IMO). An international break inbetween - who will we lose? RVP? Theo? TV5? not looking too good really. I owuld like to say our season starts now but it didn't. It started with 3 tough games and we have to get on with it, hopefully with at least 3 new faces. These deals need to be tied up before wednesday as the type of player we should be looking to sign should be full internationals. With games on Friday evening, most players will be joining up with their nations as of tomorrow or tuesday. Hopefully Wenger has been on the phone to the negotiators and tellin them to up th eoffers by at least 5mil for any player we are wanting to sign as everyone has seen we are desperately short.

Özim
28-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Never liked Theo tbh. Struts around the pitch too much and acts as if rolling up his sleeves and putting in a shift is beneath him.
Yeah he had a cheek telling a kid what he should be doing when he barely does any work himself....maybe he should focus on his own game, he might actually be useful then.

Syn
28-08-2011, 06:20 PM

Ah, that was some funny shit.

Marc Overmars
28-08-2011, 06:20 PM
One thing I can't get my head around is letting eboue and cliché fuck off and putting jenkinson and Gibbs in their Place...WTF

They were shit.

But normal clubs would replace them with something in an attempt to improve. Well that's the logical thing to do anyway.

But then we're not a normal club.

Marc Overmars
28-08-2011, 06:22 PM

Ah, that was some funny shit.

I started the lols at 6.

It's seriously not an understatement to say it could have been 10+.

Cripps_orig
28-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Theo was our best player today.

Won a penalty and scored. Should have taken the penalty as well.

Özim
28-08-2011, 06:23 PM
They were shit.

But normal clubs would replace them with something in an attempt to improve. Well that's the logical thing to do anyway.

But then we're not a normal club.
The fact some thought it was acceptable to replace them with some kid who had barely played league football is shocking in itself, but such is the drop in expectations at the club that this has now become OK.

Today through no fault of his own he got found out, he played a couple games did OK and people were already hailing him as something amazing (a bit like Eboue a few years ago), he'll get better but he needs to learn for a while.....should be nowhere near the 1st team at a top club though, the fact he is is a sad indictment of the transfer policy at the club.

Daniele
28-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Yeah he had a cheek telling a kid what he should be doing when he barely does any work himself....maybe he should focus on his own game, he might actually be useful then.

I found that amazing. But Jenko told him to eff off.

Dentonboy
28-08-2011, 06:25 PM
25, 26, 27. The numbers of the #AFC players sent off so far in league games this season. Rudderless.

Cripps_orig
That was Jenkinsons fault though.

He left so much space for Evra to run in to.

Good on Theo for giving him a bollocking

RomfordPele
Not sure why people are blaming theo for telling Jenkinson to watch the flanks. His only contribution? I guess some prejudgeses will never change.

Basically, it needed a team performance today to keep United at bay. None of the front three put a proper shift. Yes, they scored two (flukey) goals so the statistics suggest they did their job, but they also let a weak, three man midfield get completely rogered by United for the full 90.

The fact that both United full-backs spent most of the game playing as wingers tells you everything you need to know about Arshavin and Walcott's work-rate and attitude. It's just not good enough from supposedly 'world class' players who should be our talismans when things get tough.

Özim
28-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Theo was our best player today.

Won a penalty and scored. Should have taken the penalty as well.
Sorry but......Lolz

Kano
28-08-2011, 06:27 PM
I found that amazing. But Jenko told him to eff off.
given the stage of the game, i thought that was an interesting insight into the team behind closed doors. that kid has played less than 15 first team games in his career and wasn't having it from one of the 'senior' members of the squad.

Cripps_orig
28-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Sorry but......Lolz

Did i say something wrong?

He did win a penalty which was blatant and he scored :unsure:

Also gave Jenkinson a well deserved bollocking. Only bright light of a humiliating day.

We'll need the likes of Theo to help us get out of this rut

Daniele
28-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Basically, it needed a team performance today to keep United at bay. None of the front three put a proper shift. Yes, they scored two (flukey) goals so the statistics suggest they did their job, but they also let a weak, three man midfield get completely rogered by United for the full 90.

The fact that both United full-backs spent most of the game playing as wingers tells you everything you need to know about Arshavin and Walcott's work-rate and attitude. It's just not good enough from supposedly 'world class' players who should be our talismans when things get tough.

look at Rooney. Then look at ours. you'll see the difference.

Daniele
28-08-2011, 06:30 PM
given the stage of the game, i thought that was an interesting insight into the team behind closed doors. that kid has played less than 15 first team games in his career and wasn't having it from one of the 'senior' members of the squad.

I played no bloody game but if someone like Walcott comes to me I'd tell him to learn chesting the ball down first, then to start using his loaf if he has any and then to eff off.

Özim
28-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Did i say something wrong?

He did win a penalty which was blatant and he scored :unsure:

Also gave Jenkinson a well deserved bollocking. Only bright light of a humiliating day.

We'll need the likes of Theo to help us get out of this rut
Come on, the penalty was pretty much a dive, he might have won it but in reality it shouldn't have really been one.

The goal he scored was a tame shot that the keeper made a right mess of, on a good day any keeper should save that.

Jenkinson is a kid with barely any experience, who was getting no support from his fellow defenders....sure he was at fault but maybe a quiet word might have been more apt, I mean when Walcott gave the penalty away did anyone shout at him for doing so?

Walcott was poor again today.

Kano
28-08-2011, 06:33 PM
I played no bloody game but if someone like Walcott comes to me I'd tell him to learn chesting the ball down first, then to start using his loaf if he has any and then to eff off.
i'm not really interested in who was right or wrong there, what i found interesting is a novices' reaction to an established first teamer. it doesn't bode well for team unity and i'm not sure you'd see that in another team

Daniele
28-08-2011, 06:34 PM
i'm not really interested in who was right or wrong there, what i found interesting is a novices' reaction to an established first teamer. it doesn't bode well for team unity and i'm not sure you'd see that in another team

they don't look up to the 'seniors' because they know they are losers.

Kano
28-08-2011, 06:37 PM
even at a smaller club you wouldnt see that. i dont think it's because they think they are losers, more that they are under a lot of unexpected pressure so early in their careers and the dressing room before today was really tense.

GP
28-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Tipping point.

Joker
Walcott is the sort of player who'll disappear for large periods of the game, but he's always likely to either get an assist or a goal. Some of his off the ball runs are very good, but I still don't think he's technically all that great, and he does struggle to link up with players. However, his pace is an asset and I think we need to ask whether we're willing to accept the flaws in his game, given that he can always get in behind the full back and set up/score a goal.

Munchies
I hope people remember this is the same reason why Wenger was sacked at Monaco. Selling your best players and not replacing them.

I doubt the current board will however sack Wenger, they dont care.

AKBapologist
28-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Jenkinson got caught out a number of times tbh, gave away two freekicks and got sent off. Walcott scores and provides a pentality... GW blames theo walcott for our defeat.

You can't expect our wide strikers to cover when we're chasing a game, that's fucking retarded blinkered bollocks. If you need a hate figure, blame Djourou, was at fault for almost everything today.

Kano
28-08-2011, 06:40 PM
I doubt the current board will however sack Wenger, they dont care.
they'd have to, even if for selfish reasons, as the current situation is not improving the brand image.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Fuck.

Munchies
28-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Jenkinson got caught out a number of times tbh, gave away two freekicks and got sent off. Walcott scores and provides a pentality... GW blames theo walcott for our defeat.

Jenkinson is not at fault, its Wenger. Why the fuck would you bring a League 1 player right into the thick of it, he's not ready yet ffs.

Marc Overmars
28-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Fuck.

x8?

Marc Overmars
28-08-2011, 06:46 PM
They certainly targetted Jenkinson as a weak link and exposed him several times.

It's not fair on him and other kids. How the hell can you expect to compete having to rely on players like this. At least give them a fighting chance with some experience around them. ie Welbeck and Cleverley.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 06:49 PM

You can't expect our wide strikers to cover when we're chasing a game, that's fucking retarded blinkered bollocks. If you need a hate figure, blame Djourou, was at fault for almost everything today.

Jenkinson was exposed and isolated because Djourou is a shit defender and Walcott can't be bothered to defend at all. Djourou I have no idea what's up with him, maybe Wenger bollocked him for being so effective in the early part of last season and he's learned his lesson. Walcott? Unfortunately Waddle (spit) is right about him. Theo is braindead. Which is why he's so effective when he has no time to think. When he tries to think it uses so much energy his body starts shutting down. His training regime should be chasing a hare around a greyhound track, nothing more, nothing less. Then hoof the fucking ball over the top and tell him he'll get a biscuit it he can knock it in the net.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2011, 06:49 PM
x8?

I'm not that virile.

RomfordPele
28-08-2011, 06:51 PM

But the reason Jenkinson got caught out time and time again was because he was exposed by the guy who was supposed to be covering him - the so-called senior player Walcott, who should have had the nous to see that when Jenkinson bombs forward, he needs to track back.

I don't think anyone is blaming Walcott for the defeat, but we are pointing out his obvious flaws in a game where work rate and defensive discipline were always going to be at a premium.

RomfordPele
28-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Jenkinson was exposed and isolated because Djourou is a shit defender and Walcott can't be bothered to defend at all. Djourou I have no idea what's up with him, maybe Wenger bollocked him for being so effective in the early part of last season and he's learned his lesson. Walcott? Unfortunately Waddle (spit) is right about him. Theo is braindead. Which is why he's so effective when he has no time to think. When he tries to think it uses so much energy his body starts shutting down. His training regime should be chasing a hare around a greyhound track, nothing more, nothing less. Then hoof the fucking ball over the top and tell him he'll get a biscuit it he can knock it in the net.

This is 100% spot on.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 06:53 PM
they'd have to, even if for selfish reasons, as the current situation is not improving the brand image.

I guess Sacking Wenger has always been on their list. Nobody can tell me they didn't know what was going to be the result of the lack of investment on the pitch. These aren't clever men, but they are cunning and devious like rats. They've been letting Wenger take all the flak for a long time but even that's wearing thin now and people are starting to prod their rock with a view to lifting it. Sacking Wenger should buy them more time. It might not be as much time as they hope though. They'll have to find an absolute yes man first. Cheeky bid for Avram Grant?

Edinburgh Gooner
28-08-2011, 06:55 PM
on whether he has had a worst game as manager of Arsenal…
You don’t think like that after a game like this. It is terribly painful but you do not compare your pain. You have pain and that is it. I feel it was under very special circumstances. We have played three games in the Premier League and two Champions League games. It is not a time to make a balance of the whole season.

Of course it hurts, it’s humiliating, but you could see that we had not recovered physically in the second half from Wednesday night. We were short in some areas, that is for sure. They have class and they punished us. It was 3-1 at half-time and I think that was harsh against us. We missed a penalty, we had a chance to get back to 3-2. We tried desperately to get back but we opened ourselves up and were punished. Their finishing was great today.

on planning for reinforcements…
I am very open if we can find the right players. We have the money to sign players. If we find players who can strengthen our team then we will do it. But I am not the only one to work on the case, we have 20 people who are working on that. If we do not do it, it is because we don’t find them. We have plenty of players out today, too many players missing. We do not have the squad to compete when we have this many players out. At the moment, we have not found the solutions to our problems outside. When you look at today, you cannot predict how many players we have out. We did not expect to have Wilshere out, Diaby out, Gervinho out, Vermaelen out and Gibbs out.

on the wage structure at the Club…
It is difficult to find excuses after a game like that. Wages-wise, of course we are behind the other teams.

on whether he is close to bringing anyone in…
We are close to signing a striker at the moment but we are still looking for a midfielder and a defender.

on whether there is truth in links with a move with Mikel Arteta…
No.

on whether experience is needed…
Yes but it is difficult when you lose 8-2. It is better when you don’t talk as much but it hurts and it looks like you are looking for excuses. We have to sort out our problems that we have in the squad.

on criticism directed at him…
I am in a public job and I have to accept that. I try to make the right decisions for the Club and I will continue to do that. The players we have sold are players I brought to the Club. If you look at the 15 years I have been at the Club, I have brought in some good players. We have played three games in the Premier League, give me more time before saying that I have got it completely wrong. There were patches in the game where we had quality. I feel we collapsed physically more than anything else today

Syn
28-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Can someone tell me if it's a fact that wenger earns a share of the profits he earns for the club? I know that there have been quotes of him saying "I am paid handsomely because I make
Arsenal a lot of money", but is it clear that he earns a share of profits?

Genuine question.

AKBapologist
28-08-2011, 06:56 PM
But the reason Jenkinson got caught out time and time again was because he was exposed by the guy who was supposed to be covering him - the so-called senior player Walcott, who should have had the nous to see that when Jenkinson bombs forward, he needs to track back.

I don't think anyone is blaming Walcott for the defeat, but we are pointing out his obvious flaws in a game where work rate and defensive discipline were always going to be at a premium.
Vs Liverpool, he did exactly what you said he should have been doing all match and got panned for lack of potency in front of goal. Today he pushes higher (probably due to instruction) to provide more of a threat, scores and gets panned for not babysitting jenkinson who should really have been covered in these situations by Ramsey or Coq. But whatever, certain players will be vilified no matter what here.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2011, 06:58 PM
on whether he has had a worst game as manager of Arsenal…
You don’t think like that after a game like this. It is terribly painful but you do not compare your pain. You have pain and that is it. I feel it was under very special circumstances. We have played three games in the Premier League and two Champions League games. It is not a time to make a balance of the whole season.

Of course it hurts, it’s humiliating, but you could see that we had not recovered physically in the second half from Wednesday night. We were short in some areas, that is for sure. They have class and they punished us. It was 3-1 at half-time and I think that was harsh against us. We missed a penalty, we had a chance to get back to 3-2. We tried desperately to get back but we opened ourselves up and were punished. Their finishing was great today.

on planning for reinforcements…
I am very open if we can find the right players. We have the money to sign players. If we find players who can strengthen our team then we will do it. But I am not the only one to work on the case, we have 20 people who are working on that. If we do not do it, it is because we don’t find them. We have plenty of players out today, too many players missing. We do not have the squad to compete when we have this many players out. At the moment, we have not found the solutions to our problems outside. When you look at today, you cannot predict how many players we have out. We did not expect to have Wilshere out, Diaby out, Gervinho out, Vermaelen out and Gibbs out.

on the wage structure at the Club…
It is difficult to find excuses after a game like that. Wages-wise, of course we are behind the other teams.

on whether he is close to bringing anyone in…
We are close to signing a striker at the moment but we are still looking for a midfielder and a defender.

on whether there is truth in links with a move with Mikel Arteta…
No.

on whether experience is needed…
Yes but it is difficult when you lose 8-2. It is better when you don’t talk as much but it hurts and it looks like you are looking for excuses. We have to sort out our problems that we have in the squad.

on criticism directed at him…
I am in a public job and I have to accept that. I try to make the right decisions for the Club and I will continue to do that. The players we have sold are players I brought to the Club. If you look at the 15 years I have been at the Club, I have brought in some good players. We have played three games in the Premier League, give me more time before saying that I have got it completely wrong. There were patches in the game where we had quality. I feel we collapsed physically more than anything else today

How can 20 people be working on it and not find anyone? One of them knows how to use Football Manager surely?

Joker
28-08-2011, 07:01 PM
That quote ""I am paid handsomely because I make Arsenal a lot of money" sums things up at the minute. If we're paying Wenger to make the club a lot of profit, what sort of incentive is that to win trophies? Especially given that these days clubs can make a lot of money by simply qualifying for the UCL, which is such a cash cow. All Wenger has to do is the bare minimum to get us into the top 4, maintain a reasonable standard of football so the gate receipts keeps flowing, and he'll get a slap on the back and be told he's doing a good job. Ferguson said that he wouldn't be in a job if he'd gone 6 years without a trophy, and therein lies the difference between the two clubs. Man Utd are a business, but the football side of things still has importance, while at Arsenal football is barely a consideration for the owners it seems.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Can someone tell me if it's a fact that wenger earns a share of the profits he earns for the club? I know that there have been quotes of him saying "I am paid handsomely because I make
Arsenal a lot of money", but is it clear that he earns a share of profits?

Genuine question.

Dunno, nobody tells the fans anything. But it would be a bit murky if he was on profit share, don't think it would help his cause if that came to light and it would implicate the board in so many unpleasant ways.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2011, 07:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FUdbRO4ZCo&feature=player_embedded

Cascarino. :doh:

Marc Overmars
28-08-2011, 07:03 PM
20 people working on finding new signings.

Lol.

Sack them all.

Özim
28-08-2011, 07:04 PM
20 people working on finding new signings.

Lol.

Sack them all.
Their still in a waiting period these invisible people

Syn
28-08-2011, 07:05 PM
That quote ""I am paid handsomely because I make Arsenal a lot of money", but is it clear that he earns a share of profits" sums things up at the minute. If we're paying Wenger to make the club a lot of profit, what sort of incentive is that to win trophies? Especially given that these days clubs can make a lot of money by simply qualifying for the UCL, which is such a cash cow. All Wenger has to do is the bare minimum to get us into the top 4, maintain a reasonable standard of football so the gate receipts keeps flowing, and he'll get a slap on the back and be told he's doing a good job. Ferguson said that he wouldn't be in a job if he'd gone 6 years without a trophy, and therein lies the difference between the two clubs. Man Utd are a business, but the football side of things still has importance, while at Arsenal football is barely a consideration for the owners it seems.

If it is clear that Wenger takes home a share of the profits then the OFT or some regulatory body should be looking into it. It is a clear conflict of interests and it's very possible that the fans are being shafted (as we suspect).

Actually, even if it is not clear it should be looked into. We should have the right to know what is happening to the money.

Sirjackofwilshere
28-08-2011, 07:06 PM
Jenkinson was exposed and isolated because Djourou is a shit defender and Walcott can't be bothered to defend at all. Djourou I have no idea what's up with him, maybe Wenger bollocked him for being so effective in the early part of last season and he's learned his lesson. Walcott? Unfortunately Waddle (spit) is right about him. Theo is braindead. Which is why he's so effective when he has no time to think. When he tries to think it uses so much energy his body starts shutting down. His training regime should be chasing a hare around a greyhound track, nothing more, nothing less. Then hoof the fucking ball over the top and tell him he'll get a biscuit it he can knock it in the net. Rofl thanks for that. 1st smile I've cracked today.

Özim
Vs Liverpool, he did exactly what you said he should have been doing all match and got panned for lack of potency in front of goal. Today he pushes higher (probably due to instruction) to provide more of a threat, scores and gets panned for not babysitting jenkinson who should really have been covered in these situations by Ramsey or Coq. But whatever, certain players will be vilified no matter what here.
If they're sh*t they will be yes...and he was....almost totally anonymous, except for a dive and two very tame shots one that went wide and the other that trickled through the keepers legs. He also gave a penalty away and didn't bother too much with working for the team.

That doesn't make a good performance, it makes for a poor performance with some luck :coffee:

RomfordPele

Nah, he got panned against Liverpool because he stunk the place out. It was nothing to do with tracking back (actually I didn't think he did much of that then either), he just gave the ball away whenever he got hold of it and messed up some promising situations.

If we're stupid enough to play 4-3-3 against United (another issue altogether) then you really have to expect your right winger to do a bit of defending and to put it about a bit in midfield. Neither Arshavin or Walcott are capable or willing to do that. This isn't about villifying players, it's just stating the obvious: there's not much value in scoring two goals if your team concedes eight, is there?

gunsofashburtongrove
28-08-2011, 07:09 PM
I guess Sacking Wenger has always been on their list. Nobody can tell me they didn't know what was going to be the result of the lack of investment on the pitch. These aren't clever men, but they are cunning and devious like rats. They've been letting Wenger take all the flak for a long time but even that's wearing thin now and people are starting to prod their rock with a view to lifting it. Sacking Wenger should buy them more time. It might not be as much time as they hope though. They'll have to find an absolute yes man first. Cheeky bid for Avram Grant?
The trouble with what you just said is the first part sounds very true and the second plausible. Well may not be Avram Grant though but.. The safe path for us is to have a go at the board and have them resposnible
About the game I will talk about the positives 1. Francis Coquelin 2. Arshavin had a little bit fight in him not seen for god knows how long.3. The team kept going for a while despite being down which is up form the past few seasons
The negatives
1. Too many induvidual mistakes from the back 4. Difficult to put a finger on Koscielny though
2. Wonder why Chesney didnt have anyone else covering one side of the post for the set pieces
3. The team was too direct and open

Joker
28-08-2011, 07:14 PM
If they're sh*t they will be yes...and he was....almost totally anonymous, except for a dive and two very tame shots one that went wide and the other that trickled through the keepers legs. He also gave a penalty away and didn't bother too much with working for the team.

That doesn't make a good performance, it makes for a poor performance with some luck :coffee:

Yeah the problem is Walcott is extremely limited as a footballer. He's a one trick pony but the thing is that "one trick" can be extremely effective. I'd like see a bit more of Chamberlain, because I'm told he's a more all round footballer than Theo.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 07:14 PM

Good grief. The politically correct mobsters never miss a trick.

Letters
28-08-2011, 07:16 PM

He's...having a Holocaust?! :doh:
That well known phrase or saying.
What a dick.

Cripps_orig
28-08-2011, 07:19 PM
To all those kids going back to school and meeting their Manc supporting friends :pal:

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 07:20 PM
The trouble with what you just said is the first part sounds very true and the second plausible. Well may not be Avram Grant though but.. The safe path for us is to have a go at the board and have them resposnible
About the game I will talk about the positives 1. Francis Coquelin 2. Arshavin had a little bit fight in him not seen for god knows how long.3. The team kept going for a while despite being down which is up form the past few seasons
The negatives
1. Too many induvidual mistakes from the back 4. Difficult to put a finger on Koscielny though
2. Wonder why Chesney didnt have anyone else covering one side of the post for the set pieces

This is maybe about mindlessly getting 100% behind the team, even if they end up getting stuffed every week, and religiously showing nothing but total contempt for the senior club officials.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 07:22 PM
WWTL@WHL);37192]He's...having[/email] a Holocaust?! :doh:
That well known phrase or saying.
What a dick.

Yeah, it's Cascarino, the well known anti-Semite. The bimbo can't figure out that by making such a fuss SHE's the one causing the potential offence. Cascarino may be dumb but not half as dumb or mind controlled as the bimbo.

IBK
28-08-2011, 07:26 PM
This is maybe about mindlessly getting 100% behind the team, even if they end up getting stuffed every week, and religiously showing nothing but total contempt for the senior club officials.

Well the only thing that we could be proud of today was the away fans who defied the theory that we aren't passionate.

gunsofashburtongrove
28-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Not entirely. Its just letting the officials know that we are not happy and forcing them to make a responsible decision. I'am not saying we should oppose everything that the board does or say. just put the pressure on them.

gunsofashburtongrove
28-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Well the only thing that we could be proud of today was the away fans who defied the theory that we aren't passionate.
The fans were brilliant tonight

Fist of Lehmann
28-08-2011, 07:35 PM
If it is clear that Wenger takes home a share of the profits then the OFT or some regulatory body should be looking into it. It is a clear conflict of interests and it's very possible that the fans are being shafted (as we suspect).

Actually, even if it is not clear it should be looked into. We should have the right to know what is happening to the money.

The 60-year-old said: "No, I do not own any shares because I felt always that I [must] try to do the job with a good work ethic and not to be accused of any decision being of my personal interest.

"I thought always it`s healthier not to be involved in it at all. So I cannot be accused that whatever decision I make looks after my own interest."

He says he owns no shares and, for the reasons stated (conflict of interests) it's reasonable to assume no profit related pay either.
Nor would you expect him to be.

Can't remember whether he's on performance related pay.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Not entirely. Its just letting the officials know that we are not happy and forcing them to make a responsible decision. I'am not saying we should oppose everything that the board does or say. just put the pressure on them.

Doubt they'll give a shit about mild or orderly objections. Would you if you'd just been handed Ł100mill and could walk and sit on a beach? Their gravy train arrived already. But maybe they are so vain, if the hostility reaches a certainly intensity (very high I predict) they will bend a little to placate the plebs and save unnecessary embarrassment at dinner parties.

Syn
28-08-2011, 07:39 PM
He says he owns no shares and, for the reasons stated (conflict of interests) it's reasonable to assume no profit related pay either.
Nor would you expect him to be.

Can't remember whether he's on performance related pay.

Interesting, thanks.

Tipsychubbs
28-08-2011, 07:43 PM
I can see again that some are trying to turn this into another blame game as with the poll thread. The board have LITTLE to do with this. We simply do not know how to defend. The board do not do player selection or training or tactics. This has been an ongoing problem since the invincibles. Our coaching is suspect and has been for years. Gary Cahill, Samba, et al will not improve things. Wenger needs to go or the coaching team needs booting out, preferably both. Our players do not know how to react in given situations and our midfield allow runners to pass them by like statues. We need Bould to take over the defensive coaching ASAP

One of the cruxes of the matter. Simply signing a defender and midfielder or two won't sort this, it is a team mentality that needs to change on the training pitch. Wenger's attact attack attack mentality has been exposed for years, he hasn't got the basics and the balance right. And I'm not sure he can.

This is one of the biggest reasons why we need a new manager. He inherited a superb Graham defence. He supplemented it with strong, physical, athletic players well suited for the premiership e.g. Viera, Petit, Toure, Lauren, Sol Campbell etc.

And then he totally changed and tried to be like Barcelona, building a team around a playmaker instead of a box to box midfielder who was as good in defence as attack, going for a pass pass pass philosophy and abandoning defensive organisation all over the pitch.

He can't correct this, its too big for him. I'm not sure he fully understands the problem, or even if he does he is either unable or too stubborn to change it. He needs to go. And so do the joke of a board who will still be smoking their Cuban cigars and counting the cash regardless of this embarrassing result.

gunsofashburtongrove
28-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Doubt they'll give a shit about mild or orderly objections. Would you if you'd just been handed Ł100mill and could walk and sit on a beach? Their gravy train arrived already. But maybe they are so vain, if the hostility reaches a certainly intensity (very high I predict) they will bend a little to placate the plebs and save unnecessary embarrassment at dinner parties.
I'am not talking about the nice mild agitation sorts. I agree that it has to be high intensity, how ever the rants and jeers have to be directed at the board and not anyone else. If they think its because Wenger is not doing a Job its for them to make a decision. If the fans shout for a change in manager its easy for them.

fakeyank
28-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Good grief. The politically correct mobsters never miss a trick.

:gp:

A nothing comment. Anyone taking an offense to a 'word' as if its the end of time should be killed

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 07:52 PM
I'am not talking about the nice mild agitation sorts. I agree that it has to be high intensity, how ever the rants and jeers have to be directed at the board and not anyone else. If they think its because Wenger is not doing a Job its for them to make a decision. If the fans shout for a change in manager its easy for them.

Agree with that. It allows the fans to continue to support the team whilst directing fire at those who are ultimately responsible for the mess. Plus I'm betting it would surprise the board no end if we skipped the whole Wenger Out theatre and just went straight for their throats.

RomfordPele
28-08-2011, 07:55 PM
So is the general view that we'd rather have Usmanov than Kroenke? Because who else would replace the current board, realistically?

fakeyank
28-08-2011, 07:56 PM
One of the cruxes of the matter. Simply signing a defender and midfielder or two won't sort this, it is a team mentality that needs to change on the training pitch. Wenger's attact attack attack mentality has been exposed for years, he hasn't got the basics and the balance right. And I'm not sure he can.

This is one of the biggest reasons why we need a new manager. He inherited a superb Graham defence. He supplemented it with strong, physical, athletic players well suited for the premiership e.g. Viera, Petit, Toure, Lauren, Sol Campbell etc.

And then he totally changed and tried to be like Barcelona, building a team around a playmaker instead of a box to box midfielder who was as good in defence as attack, going for a pass pass pass philosophy and abandoning defensive organisation all over the pitch.

He can't correct this, its too big for him. I'm not sure he fully understands the problem, or even if he does he is either unable or too stubborn to change it. He needs to go. And so do the joke of a board who will still be smoking their Cuban cigars and counting the cash regardless of this embarrassing result.

Top fucking post mate! :gp:

I think there is so much more wrong than just the spending:

- Why dont we play 4-4-2 anymore when that will best use our strikers?

- Why are players played out of positions? Walcott, Bendtner, Eboue, Eduardo

- Why isnt there a defensive coach for the team? (Most important point which everyone overlooks)

These are just non-spending related stuff. As for spending, there is nothing that anyone else or I have not covered in the past!

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 08:01 PM
So is the general view that we'd rather have Usmanov than Kroenke? Because who else would replace the current board, realistically?

Realistically? Nobody. This board is going nowhere. We have to find a way to force them into paying at least some minor attention to the team. Remind them there's a football side to this football club. That's the best we can hope for. You don't force people like this off a gravy train unless you make them and offer they can't refuse, either in terms of money or violence.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 08:23 PM
It's half nine and the 8-2 is starting to sink in. 8 fucking 2! A new low in a catalogue of lows. Would have happily settled for spunking away a 4 goal lead for a 4-4, the good old days when things weren't so bad!

Tipsychubbs
28-08-2011, 08:24 PM

Or in other words = tactically naive

Something we have seen over and over and over again for a long time, but AW seems to think that we can outscore any opposition without worrying about defense.

Thierrymon
28-08-2011, 08:28 PM
:crying: Didnt bother staying up for this one as i knew it wasn't going to be pretty but bloody hell.

That score line is shocking and embarrassing, how have we reach this level?

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Or in other words = tactically naive

Something we have seen over and over and over again for a long time, but AW seems to think that we can outscore any opposition without worrying about defense.

Tactically suicidal and he just watched the carnage without doing a damn thing about it.

-Xs-
28-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Knew we were in for a hiding. The fact it's a worse scoreline than when we had stephanovs says it all. We could seriously get relegated this year, make no mistake. This isn't just a 3 game thing, this serious decline has been going on since last season and shows no sign of abating

We're in trouble lads

Olivier's xmas twist
28-08-2011, 08:43 PM
It's half nine and the 8-2 is starting to sink in. 8 fucking 2! A new low in a catalogue of lows. Would have happily settled for spunking away a 4 goal lead for a 4-4, the good old days when things weren't so bad!

Starting to sink in after the game for me tbh, not really pissed as i knew it would happen.

no excuse for Wenger and the board now. This needed to happen we needed to be taught a lesson and we were hopfully we take notice now.

wenger needs to spend

Olivier's xmas twist
28-08-2011, 09:02 PM

This, don't often agree with zim but he is spot on here.

For AW to say that was not humilating he needs to STFU tbh.

McNamara That Ghost...
28-08-2011, 09:04 PM
He did say it is always humilating when you concede eight goals, in fairness.

Ironing
28-08-2011, 09:06 PM
This, don't often agree with zim but he is spot on here.

For AW to say that was not humilating he needs to STFU tbh.

He actually literally said it was humiliating. Maybe you need to stfu or actually listen to what he says, tbpf

Olivier's xmas twist
28-08-2011, 09:08 PM
He actually literally said it was humiliating. Maybe you need to stfu or actually listen to what he says, tbpf

thought he said it was not humilating, was at a party lots of screaming kids cild not really here him speak, so i apologise then

Power n Glory
28-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Come on, the penalty was pretty much a dive, he might have won it but in reality it shouldn't have really been one.

The goal he scored was a tame shot that the keeper made a right mess of, on a good day any keeper should save that.

Jenkinson is a kid with barely any experience, who was getting no support from his fellow defenders....sure he was at fault but maybe a quiet word might have been more apt, I mean when Walcott gave the penalty away did anyone shout at him for doing so?

Fucking hell, you are priceless. This isn't the day to jump on Theo. Give it a rest.

Ollie the Optimist
28-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Knew we were in for a hiding. The fact it's a worse scoreline than when we had stephanovs says it all. We could seriously get relegated this year, make no mistake. This isn't just a 3 game thing, this serious decline has been going on since last season and shows no sign of abating

We're in trouble lads

oh fuck off, we are not in threat of relegation. i know we lost 8-2 but have some sense please

Cripps_orig
28-08-2011, 09:18 PM
The penalty a dive?

Wtf?

:lol:

Zimm, you may have been right about Wenger and Arsenal as a whole but when it comes to individual players, the shockers are still there

Cripps_orig
28-08-2011, 09:19 PM
oh fuck off, we are not in threat of relegation. i know we lost 8-2 but have some sense please

2 wins in 14 games would suggest to me its not a blip which teams have time to time.

That is relegation form

Olivier's xmas twist
28-08-2011, 09:23 PM

Mate this ain't the day people are pissed off as it is with out all this.

Ollie the Optimist
28-08-2011, 09:25 PM
2 wins in 14 games would suggest to me its not a blip which teams have time to time.

That is relegation form

interesting then, why have the media not put pressure of twitchy cunt, his record is the same. and a top four club does not go from 14 years being top 4 to relegation in one season

Power n Glory
28-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Jeez, some of you guys need to get a grip. I don't wanna hear any shit about the board being at fault or talking about Theo Walcott when he won us a penalty, bollocked a player for making reckless runs and not marking and he scored one of the goals.

When you lose 8-2 to your nearest rival, the blame goes straight on the manager. It goes way beyond individual performances. After a spanking like that, we had problems all over the pitch and Wenger has to do some soul searching. No top coach should have such a beating on his CV. He should be embarrassed. Fucking disgraceful.

How are the players supposed to carry on knowing they can get a beating like that. That's confidence sapping form and summaries our past few campaigns. When it rains it pours. The worst case scenario played out right before our eyes and the team took a beating and if the game had carried on for 5 more minutes, they could have hit 10 past us.

It's time for Wenger to go and bloody well hope the board are on the phone to a top class coach that can lift the spirits of this team. That was a soul destroying performance. We won't recover from it.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-08-2011, 09:35 PM

That is relegation form

with the worst goal dffrence in the league and also the worst discplince record in the prem this season.

Power n Glory
28-08-2011, 09:38 PM
We're just above the relegation zone. It's a terrible;e start to the season.

-Xs-
28-08-2011, 09:41 PM
interesting then, why have the media not put pressure of twitchy cunt, his record is the same. and a top four club does not go from 14 years being top 4 to relegation in one season

It's not just a blip though fella, this is a continuation from last season. We all knew we had to strengthen to stop the rot, but remarkably, we are now weaker than we were then!

Liverpool found themselves in a similar position last season; they sacked their manager and turned it around. That may be the only solution for us as well

Olivier's xmas twist
28-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Jeez, some of you guys need to get a grip. I don't wanna hear any shit about the board being at fault or talking about Theo Walcott when he won us a penalty, bollocked a player for making reckless runs and not marking and he scored one of the goals.

When you lose 8-2 to your nearest rival, the blame goes straight on the manager. It goes way beyond individual performances. After a spanking like that, we had problems all over the pitch and Wenger has to do some soul searching. No top coach should have such a beating on his CV. He should be embarrassed. Fucking disgraceful.
How are the players supposed to carry on knowing they can get a beating like that. That's confidence sapping form and summaries our past few campaigns. When it rains it pours. The worst case scenario played out right before our eyes and the team took a beating and if the game had carried on for 5 more minutes, they could have hit 10 past us. It's time for Wenger to go and bloody well hope the board are on the phone to a top class coach that can lift the spirits of this team. That was a soul destroying performance. We won't recover from it.

Most of them won't be starters will they and the others will have to man up, end of the day, we are in a transional period, wether people like it or not, its time to regroup.

One thing is for sure Project youth is dead, time for the club to have a clensing from top to bottom. A lot of freshness needs to be bought in tbh. it showed in the 1st udinese game when the number 2 did not have a clue what to do like today.

I agree we do need a new manager, but not till the end of the season. or at xmas, when a new manager can have a few weeksto know his targets etc.

Ollie the Optimist
28-08-2011, 09:43 PM
It's not just a blip though fella, this is a continuation from last season. We all knew we had to strengthen to stop the rot, but remarkably, we are now weaker than we were then!

Liverpool found themselves in a similar position last season; they sacked their manager and turned it around. That may be the only solution for us as well

true, but we have had a start like this before, 06 i think and still been ok. we wont be relegated

Cripps_orig
28-08-2011, 09:45 PM
No we wont be relegated but we arent finishing top 4 and id say we arent finishing top 6 either

Olivier's xmas twist
28-08-2011, 09:46 PM

So now were the same as Spurs, never though i'd see the day Arsenal were in the same boat as spurs. I think because were were "bigger" then spurs so we get more critsims.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-08-2011, 09:48 PM
No we wont be relegated but we arent finishing top 4 and id say we arent finishing top 6 either

Nah we will were not that bad, once the window is out the way season starts, we will have a few big wins this season, the pressure will be off us anyway. no one expects us to win the league or get 4th.

Would not being in europe next season be a good thing.

cheesy bites
28-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Did anyone watch MOTD2 just now?

They showed a Rooney goal from a free kick, and Rosicky on the edge of the wall doesn't even look back after it's taken. He just casually strolls off like he doesn't even care. Horrible.

AKBapologist
28-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Just watching MOTD, Theo was 120% right to give Jenkinson a earfull, what he was doing so high up the pitch from a united goal kick i'll never know.

gunnerrrrr
28-08-2011, 09:54 PM

They showed a Rooney goal from a free kick, and Rosicky on the edge of the wall doesn't even look back after it's taken. He just casually strolls off like he doesn't even care. Horrible.

looks dodgy as fuck......almost like he has been paid off

gunnerrrrr
28-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Just watching MOTD, Theo was 120% right to give Jenkinson a mouthfull, what he was doing so high up the pitch from a united goal kick i'll never know.
Theo at what 22? had to be a leader as the older fucks didnt do fcuk all

Olivier's xmas twist
28-08-2011, 09:57 PM
We're just above the relegation zone. It's a terrible;e start to the season.

The biggest piss take was that UTD were not even at their best

Olivier's xmas twist
28-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Just watching MOTD, Theo was 120% right to give Jenkinson a earfull, what he was doing so high up the pitch from a united goal kick i'll never know.

The younger players don't have respect for the older ones being going on for ages a the club and Sweet fa has been done about it.

Cripps_orig
28-08-2011, 09:58 PM
The biggest piss take was that UTD were not even at their best

Neville said the same thing.

He said Mancs will play better than that and win matches 1-0 this season and i agree

cheesy bites
28-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Forget hoping for United/Chelsea/City to drop points, we're not in their "league" this year. Our bigger rivals are Liverpool, Spurs and the others like Stoke and Bolton.

Keith
28-08-2011, 10:03 PM
I was sat watching thinking what happened to our team, again, I remember beating barca and utd last year when they chased possession and hurried them. Yes the team today was full of squad players but if they aren't good enough they should not be in the squad.

8 points off the top already it's a disgrace and if Wenger isn't fired then this is acceptable to the board and shows their ambition.

Ralpheroo72
28-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Resign now you French cunt, and take the board with you. Kroenke can fuck off back to America, clueless cunt!

Arsenal FC R.I.P

Power n Glory
28-08-2011, 10:19 PM

Of course he was. Jenkinson was well out of position and should have got a slap for telling Theo to fuck off. He had no business marking that high up the field. Besides that outburst and a few outbursts from Chesney, there was no passion on that pitch. No leadership and RVP shouldn't be captain of this club. He wasn't up for that game and hasn't been right all season. Quiet as a mouse.

Coney
28-08-2011, 10:20 PM

The younger players don't have respect for the older ones being going on for ages a the club and Sweet fa has been done about it.

Jenkinson argued back even though he was in the wrong. Needs to listen.

Syn
28-08-2011, 10:23 PM
The funny thing is this season will probably be the real 'transition' season. There is absolutely no hope for us this year. But Wenger won't be sacked. It won't take 3 bad matches at the start of the season, it won't take 10 games, it won't take half a season - it may not even take the whole season. I expect Wenger, himself, to walk when we've fallen well short of finishing 4th in May 2012.

Coney
28-08-2011, 10:24 PM

Rosicky is not the player we bought. Nowhere near it.

Having also watched MOTD, while we were poor and the defense was shit, some of the manu goals would perhaps have happened anyway. For instance, the free kicks from Rooney were well taken, and Ashley Young's first goal was reminiscent of a very similar Henry goal against manu.

If Wenger does not bust a gut getting 2 experienced CBs in before the end of Wednesday, then I'm afraid I can't defend him any more.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-08-2011, 10:29 PM
The funny thing is this season will probably be the real 'transition' season. There is absolutely no hope for us this year. But Wenger won't be sacked. It won't take 3 bad matches at the start of the season, it won't take 10 games, it won't take half a season - it may not even take the whole season. I expect Wenger, himself, to walk when we've fallen well short of finishing 4th in May 2012.

This agree 100%, thats why im going to enjoy this season for what i can, yes today was bad, but i don't feel upset, felt more angry at loosing the CC.

Coney
28-08-2011, 10:32 PM
This agree 100%, thats why im going to enjoy this season for what i can, yes today was bad, but i don't feel upset, felt more angry at loosing the CC.

Well sure, but mainly because the CC was a must win game whereas today was one game of 38 and this match alone does not mean we are dead. If we get some decent buys before the window closes, we can still get somewhere, but it is getting kind of late.

Olivier's xmas twist
28-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Well sure, but mainly because the CC was a must win game whereas today was one game of 38 and this match alone does not mean we are dead. If we get some decent buys before the window closes, we can still get somewhere, but it is getting kind of late.

Agreed, but most people are mad on here tonight even more than then.

I knew we'd get tonked, even said to to my manc/chav and spud mates today at the party i was at, and they all thought i was being all doom and gloom. Thought 6-1 though

Coney
28-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Agreed, but most people are mad on here tonight even more than then.

I knew we'd get tonked, even said to to my manc/chav and spud mates today at the party i was at, and they all thought i was being all doom and gloom. Thought 6-1 though

Yeah - looking at the injuries/suspensions we had and who we had left, the odds were always that manu would get the 3 points. Once you get past conceding 5 goals, the total is almost meaningless. Basically, we turned up without a PL team and manu did what you'd expect in that situation. Almost as if we need a few more experienced players in the squad, eh. ;)

Kaiser
28-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Knew Traore and Jenkinson would have it tough but they had no cover. Ramsey is ponderous, he's becoming a second Rosicky. Arshavin and Walcott were pathetic defensively. Coquelin was our best midfield performer defensively. Djourou is fucking shocking. RVP bottled the pen - I could tell, it would happen.

Worse than the result were shockingly poor jokes by cunting Man Utd fans who thought themselves brilliantly original in their comedy.

gunnerrrrr
28-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Yeah - looking at the injuries/suspensions we had and who we had left, the odds were always that manu would get the 3 points. Once you get past conceding 5 goals, the total is almost meaningless. Basically, we turned up without a PL team and manu did what you'd expect in that situation. Almost as if we need a few more experienced players in the squad, eh. ;)

Completely disagree.

Many a championship team has turned up to Old Trafford and gone away with their head held high, teams have played with 9 men and come out fairing better.

The issues are beyond this game, issues such as selling your two best players once the season has started, even when it was as clear as day in June that we could not keep either.

Failing year after year to sort out weak issues with sub grade players, i.e. defense, Silvestre, Squilachi, Kos whilst selling Gallas, Toure, Clichy who were never world class themselves.

Then there are the tactics...as a manager if you have 8 players out, why go to Old Trafford of all places and play such an open game, it was lambs for the slaughter.

Finally the so called team "spirt", embodied by our very own English youngsters screaming at each other (Theo/Jenkinson)

8-2 is a fucking disaster, a humiliation, a raping, we got fucked plain and simple and no excuses will fly this time, no way, no chance.

Wenger needs to step the fuck up as do the cunts who sit on our board and take action as this great club and its fans are being humiliated...we can all take losing, we can all take not winning trophies even after 6 years, but getting fucked in the ass like today is simply not on, even our opposing manager and mangers from other countries (Pep) have spoke in sympathy for Arsene and tried to find excuses for him, that to me is a disgrace.

You can see i started a thread a few weeks back saying we need to support our team and Arsene, but after today i feel as change is needed, whether that is the boss, the board, the transfer philosophy, the players who fucking knows...not Arsene anyway.

Power n Glory
28-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Knew Traore and Jenkinson would have it tough but they had no cover. Ramsey is ponderous, he's becoming a second Rosicky. Arshavin and Walcott were pathetic defensively. Coquelin was our best midfield performer defensively. Djourou is fucking shocking. RVP bottled the pen - I could tell, it would happen.

Worse than the result were shockingly poor jokes by cunting Man Utd fans who thought themselves brilliantly original in their comedy.
I just don't get it. In a 4-3-3, the two wide players of the attack shouldn't have to drop back so deep to cover their wing backs, with the extra man in the middle of the park, Ramsey, Coquelin or Rosicky, should be able to shift over to cover that side, while the remaining two midfielder players cover the middle and make sure we're not over run. Considering they played a 4-4-2 and only had two central players, this should have been impossible.

The middle three just don't work as a unit, I'm not saying the front three shouldn't defend, but the middle is useless and get torn through every time. That shouldn't be happening when you have an extra man in the middle.

Kaiser
28-08-2011, 11:31 PM
Rooney dropping deep was fantastic and didn't help our cause, but agreed, the players we have don't fit into the system. Do we still do tactical work on the opposition or are we as ignorant as ever?

Fucking appalling. Some of these kids will stagnate, they don't have any decent experienced players to learn from, only themselves. Why would they respect players like Rosicky and Arshavin, average and totally inconsistent. Felt shit for the OC when the United fans were oleing as he chased around as the ball was passed around him in a triangle. Humiliating.

Wenger's shocking planning has severely fucked the club over. Barely any squad depth, signings likely to be budget after doing fuck all for the 'waiting period'.

Sirjackofwilshere
28-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Ppl need to remember Ramseys recovering from a leg break. It's not his fault he's been thrust in too early. Ditto for Jenkinson, Coquelin, et al. Wenger, the board and the yank should be crucified for a disgrace of a summer. Rosixky and Arshavin should have their wages docked for such a pitiful display and lack of professionalism.

Alias
28-08-2011, 11:50 PM
Ive just seen the score. Absoultely DISGUSTED. These players are just pathetic excuses and Wenger needs to boo'd endlessly untill he is sacked.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 11:53 PM
Ppl need to remember Ramseys recovering from a leg break. It's not his fault he's been thrust in too early. Ditto for Jenkinson, Coquelin, et al. Wenger, the board and the yank should be crucified for a disgrace of a summer. Rosixky and Arshavin should have their wages docked for such a pitiful display and lack of professionalism.

It's pathetic a prospect we bought a couple of years ago is now being asked to run our midfield. Not the player's fault at all. Just shit management from the very top down. Also a rather sobering day for Ramsey I bet. He had that choice to make, Arsenal or Utd. I wonder what bullshit Wenger pushed to get his signature?

Cripps_orig
28-08-2011, 11:54 PM
Ramsey has been back for ages now so the leg break can't be used as an excuse

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Ramsey has been back for ages now so the leg break can't be used as an excuse

He's a kid playing in a team where the experience is vanishing from around him. It's like hiring a fresh faced wanabee pilot, sticking him at the controls on the early flight from Heathrow and telling him he's due in New York by noon. He's going to crash the fucking plane but who's fault is it really?

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
29-08-2011, 12:17 AM
got back from old trafford a few hours ago.

whatever you say about the players, whatever you say about the club, the one outstanding thing about the club is our fans. 3000 strong army went there and sang our hearts out. Even when we were 6-1 down, we sang 'we love you arsenal, we do' for 20 minutes straight. that is one thing you can never take away from the club. hopefully you could hear that on sky sports during the game.

now for on the pitch.

we have serious issues that cannot be addressed by simply buying players. we have underlying flaws and mentalities that cannot be changed through slight tweaks, instead we need an overhaul and a revolution, something like the type we saw when wenger took over. we wont get this, but its what we need.

jenkinson, for all his hard work, is not good enough. but who can blame him? hes trying his hardest but when you're physically not good enough and your body cant push as hard as needs be to perform, it isnt your fault. you dont see j.p morgan picking up a business analyst from marks and spencers and throwing them into the deep end without any formal training. im not knocking the lad cause he knows himself hes not good enough. he gasses out after 60 minutes and has no clue about positioning. anyone who saw dixons summary on motd2 saw that he needs a sol campbell, a tony adams or a keown by his side guiding him and nurturing him. we dont have any experienced players to do that.

ramseys playing like denilson when he can play like nasri.

coquellin's good technically but way too lightweight.

RVP's gone cold and seems to be low on confidence.

theo walcott looks like he's had enough of arsenal, his mannerism is turning somewhat into nasri's/fabregas'. hes getting frustrated with absolutely everything and you can see that on the pitch. he's frustrated and heart seems elsewhere. id put money on him leaving on a free next summer when his contract ends.

there's no point having the best young keeper in the world in wojciech when he has a pile of crap in front.

no width, no passion, no heart. man utd blend experience with youth and thats something we used to do under the invincibles, but now we hang our players out to dry. while united send out their youth to teams like sunderland and wigan so they can get experience and slot into their first team ready for the first team, we dont. instead we try to give them experience in our first team and this costs us games as they make mistakes. this was a big problem covered by dixon once again on motd2.

there are massive problems at the club, and if we dont sign anyone or sort them out, we will finish outside the top 6 this season. we were due an absolute battering and it happened. if wenger doesnt sort this out, the fans will have him out next summer. some of the away fans have already turned on him and it'll only get worse as the season progresses.

p.s. traore was the worst player on the pitch. lost the ball and jogged back casually ala denilson. get him OUT.

fakeyank
29-08-2011, 12:41 AM

whatever you say about the players, whatever you say about the club, the one outstanding thing about the club is our fans. 3000 strong army went there and sang our hearts out. Even when we were 6-1 down, we sang 'we love you arsenal, we do' for 20 minutes straight. that is one thing you can never take away from the club. hopefully you could hear that on sky sports during the game.

now for on the pitch.

we have serious issues that cannot be addressed by simply buying players. we have underlying flaws and mentalities that cannot be changed through slight tweaks, instead we need an overhaul and a revolution, something like the type we saw when wenger took over. we wont get this, but its what we need.

jenkinson, for all his hard work, is not good enough. but who can blame him? hes trying his hardest but when you're physically not good enough and your body cant push as hard as needs be to perform, it isnt your fault. you dont see j.p morgan picking up a business analyst from marks and spencers and throwing them into the deep end without any formal training. im not knocking the lad cause he knows himself hes not good enough. he gasses out after 60 minutes and has no clue about positioning. anyone who saw dixons summary on motd2 saw that he needs a sol campbell, a tony adams or a keown by his side guiding him and nurturing him. we dont have any experienced players to do that.

theo walcott looks like he's had enough of arsenal, his mannerism is turning somewhat into nasri's/fabregas'. hes getting frustrated with absolutely everything and you can see that on the pitch. he's frustrated and heart seems elsewhere. id put money on him leaving on a free next summer when his contract ends.

there's no point having the best young keeper in the world in wojciech when he has a pile of crap in front.

no width, no passion, no heart. man utd blend experience with youth and thats something we used to do under the invincibles, but now we hang our players out to dry. while united send out their youth to teams like sunderland and wigan so they can get experience and slot into their first team ready for the first team, we dont. instead we try to give them experience in our first team and this costs us games as they make mistakes. this was a big problem covered by dixon once again on motd2.

there are massive problems at the club, and if we dont sign anyone or sort them out, we will finish outside the top 6 this season. we were due an absolute battering and it happened. if wenger doesnt sort this out, the fans will have him out next summer. some of the away fans have already turned on him and it'll only get worse as the season progresses.

p.s. traore was the worst player on the pitch. lost the ball and jogged back casually ala denilson. get him OUT.

Why have only 'some' of the away fans turned on him?!

And yes, we did hear you lot and you guys were fuckin great! As much as everyone related to Arsenal appreciates what you guys did, I hope sooner than later, it will turn to boos for our manager and board. I know booing does not help anyone but like you said "we need a revolution in this club" and thats not going to happen till pretty much everyone related to this club turns on the manager and board. Once again, you guys are awesome! :tiphat:

Niall_Quinn
29-08-2011, 02:49 AM
Looks like Tony Cascarino might be the first casualty of this game.

Angry fans immediately responded to his comment on Twitter. One wrote: "Tony Cascarino should be sacked on the spot. He said an Arsenal defender was having a 'holocaust'. Appallingly ignorant."

Another social networker added: "I can't believe he said that! ". Another observed: "Looks like Tony Cascarino could be the next ex-pro on the persona non-gratis [sic] list after that on air comment."

A clip of the incident, broadcast during the Old Trafford match, quickly appeared on YouTube.

Another micro-blogger branded the comment "horrendous", adding: "I hope Tony Cascarino is dealt with appropriately."

Sky Sports News said the presenter Natalie Sawyer had apologised straightaway for Cascarino's remarks.

It said in a statement: "Tony Cascarino made his comments in the heat of the moment. An immediate apology on behalf of Tony and Sky Sports was made on air as soon as possible for any offence caused."

"Dealt with appropriately", LOL - what a cunt. What's appropriate, I wonder, for uttering a single word from the English dictionary that very obviously wasn't intended to convey any of the meaning the braindead "outraged" mob seem fixated by? What do these obnoxious fuckwits do? Live in a box and spring out when somebody commits a word crime shouting, "I'm outraged! Outraged! Gas the word criminal! Burn the word criminal in an oven! Kill the word criminal!" Fucking hypocrites, trying to destroy a person just so they can enforce their fucked up auto-obedience. Unthinking, subservient, sub-human slime. The very thought of liberty and freedom of speech and thought enrages them, chills their rented souls. Of all the evil in the world these useless tossers could be legitimately outraged by they spend their time watching, waiting, anticipating a slip-up from Tony fucking Cascarino. Then they pounce. "Horrendous, I can't believe it! Sacked on the spot!" For killing somebody? For selling slaves in Trafalgar Square? For lying the nation into war? No, even worse, for using that morally copyrighted word in an unauthorised manner. Yeah we lost 8-2 but there are much bigger problems in our fucked up world.

Japan Shaking All Over
29-08-2011, 06:46 AM

now for on the pitch.

First you guys are awesome.......could hear you singing all the way in Tokyo.

I agree with you that Wenger is on his last legs and fuck knows why he let it get to this stage.
We knew Cesc was off and Nasri, well I think at first it was thought he would come around but when it was obvious he wouldnt we did nothing.

We needed to have the signing lined up, the replacements......we will go into the next couple of days hoping beyond hope that someone will sign for us but something just aint right.......

I cant help thinking that someone does not want to hand over the money to Wenger, that he has been given a an option to walk or kill himself on his own sword.......if this is the case we may not see any new signings before January and that he may not be around then either.....lets put it this way I wouldnt be surprised.......a caretaker manager awaits - Stewart Houston all is forgiven

Power n Glory
29-08-2011, 07:05 AM
This has nothing to do with someone allowing Wenger to fall on his own sword. We've been humiliated by United on several occasions but this one takes the biscuit. We took that FA Cup beating where Giggs scored that wonder goal, the Carling Cup Spurs game, Man U smashed us in that same season as well, I think they scored 4....his team has the capacity to take that sort of a beating.

We've never done that to Man U and it would never be allowed to happen. This is Wenger's own doing. There is no excuse for a supposed top class manager getting smashed like this.

-Xs-
29-08-2011, 07:12 AM
Well, it's not quite 8-2, but Mourinho's Madrid was spanked 5-0 by Barca not long ago, so top managers do take a beating from time to time. Think ours has taken a few too many for my liking though...

Power n Glory
29-08-2011, 07:27 AM
Well, it's not quite 8-2, but Mourinho's Madrid was spanked 5-0 by Barca not long ago, so top managers do take a beating from time to time. Think ours has taken a few too many for my liking though...

With that result, it's a reflection of how good Barca are and Mourinho has made sure he hasn't been blown away by them again. With us, you're right, we've been smashed far too many times. That Man U side isn't even that good and it's not the toughest side we've ever faced. But Man U can say this is the poorest Arsenal side they have faced.

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 07:30 AM
The day we lost 6-1...

Man Utd: Barthez, Gary Neville, Silvestre, Brown, Stam, Beckham, Butt, Keane, Scholes, Yorke, Solskjaer. Subs: Rachubka, Chadwick, Irwin, Phil Neville, Sheringham.

Arsenal: Seaman, Luzhny, Cole, Grimandi, Stepanovs, Pires, Vieira, Parlour, Silvinho, Wiltord, Henry. Subs: Ljungberg, Bergkamp, Manninger, Vivas, Kanu.

Maybe theres some silver lining in this...

cheesy bites
29-08-2011, 07:44 AM
After giving it a night, I thought I'd try and collect some of my thoughts.

From simply a player by player analysis, which no way covers all the issues with this team:

- One positive is our keeper. Szczesny is a quality goalkeeper, but most imporantly is developing some personality and confidence back there. He is becoming a leader for us despite his young age.
- Jenkinson is a trier, and you can tell he really cares. Unfortunately for him and the team, he is not ready for first team football. Positionally he is very weak and allied to his inexperience, red cards for chasing challenges are going to be common if he's continually put in the firing line.
- Djourou is a liability. With all the time he's been given to develop, his decision making is non-existant. The first goal for United is yet another piece of evidence that he has no decisiveness.
- Ramsey is not ready to take over from El Capitan. He clearly is a talented player, but he desperately needs a commanding experienced player alongside him. One thing I've noticed is when he loses the ball, he doesn't bust his gut to get back and either cover, or chase the ballcarrier. That is unforgiveable, especially with a defense like ours.
- I don't know what to make of Arshavin. One day, he takes on fullbacks like a man posessed, creating goals and causing havoc with his powerful shooting. The next week, he'll stroll about, lose the ball with regularity, drag shots and show a lack of effort. I do think he's good enough to be in the squad, but a bench player is the best he can hope for. A signing like Hazard would be preferable to Arshavin, but that's highly unlikely so he will have to remain.
- Walcott isn't really cutting it as a winger, as any Arsenal fan can tell you. He's not at his best with the ball at his feet taking on defenders; his quality shows when running in behind defenders and finishing for goals. With no Fabregas, the through balls that he feasts on are drying up, and he cuts a frustrated figure.

In terms of the team:

- The high line our defense plays is killing us. A lack of positional sense and poor acceleration from our defenders combined with a high line, means we will get put under huge pressure. We need to play a deeper line, especially due to our poor backup fullbacks. In addition to cutting down on balls over the top and through, a deeper line would allow us to play more counter attacking football with the opposition team drawn forward into our half more.
- We all remember that win against Chelsea last season, where we pressed all 90 minutes and reaped the rewards. The idea that we only play that way for the big games was well and truly shattered yesterday. But that's how we should play. Even without top quality defenders, a team can overall defend well if they all as a unit chase and put pressure on the other team.
- In addition to our defensive line, and as mentioned earlier with Ramsey, the gap between the midfield and defense is disgustingly large. The midfields are too lazy to chase back; our defenders are too scared to step up which gives an age for opponents to pick a pass or a shot. Ashley Young scored two carbon copies yesterday from long range, and even the Rooney free kicks due to tackles from chasing Arsenal players could have been avoided if our players were goalside of the ball.

A "quick" spewing of some thoughts really.

Power n Glory
29-08-2011, 07:49 AM
The issue about the high line, lack of pressing and defending as a unit has been repeated on here time and time again. What us wrong with Wenger? How comes everyone else can see the problem but he can't?

-Xs-
29-08-2011, 07:50 AM
The day we lost 6-1...

Man Utd: Barthez, Gary Neville, Silvestre, Brown, Stam, Beckham, Butt, Keane, Scholes, Yorke, Solskjaer. Subs: Rachubka, Chadwick, Irwin, Phil Neville, Sheringham.

Arsenal: Seaman, Luzhny, Cole, Grimandi, Stepanovs, Pires, Vieira, Parlour, Silvinho, Wiltord, Henry. Subs: Ljungberg, Bergkamp, Manninger, Vivas, Kanu.

Maybe theres some silver lining in this...

Yep, there is...thank god stepanovs wasn't playing yesterday!

Ernesto
29-08-2011, 08:44 AM
F***IN STUPID FORUM!!!!

I had a reply made an everything, then it just decides to log me out! F****in thing!

GP
29-08-2011, 08:52 AM
F***IN STUPID FORUM!!!!

I had a reply made an everything, then it just decides to log me out! F****in thing!

Fucking thing sucks!

Fist of Lehmann
29-08-2011, 08:56 AM
I just don't get it. In a 4-3-3, the two wide players of the attack shouldn't have to drop back so deep to cover their wing backs, with the extra man in the middle of the park, Ramsey, Coquelin or Rosicky, should be able to shift over to cover that side, while the remaining two midfielder players cover the middle and make sure we're not over run. Considering they played a 4-4-2 and only had two central players, this should have been impossible.

The middle three just don't work as a unit, I'm not saying the front three shouldn't defend, but the middle is useless and get torn through every time. That shouldn't be happening when you have an extra man in the middle.

It's best not to think of the way Utd play as a 4-4-2, because it's less conventional than that.
Both forwards drop deep, playing between the lines or running the channels. One plays as a false 9, the other a kind of false 10.
Or a 10.5 or something like an old fashioned inside forward.

Anyway the point is their fluidity. And it's hard to handle.

But it was too easy to exploit the space inside Jenkins and next to Djourou yesterday and the kid got caught out of position again and again.
With no defensive leader and a back four that is about as makeshift as it gets we couldn't stay in a line. Playing a high disorganised line with only intermittant pressing (and never as a whole team)?

Suicide.

Grebbo
29-08-2011, 09:00 AM
I decided to go for a bike ride instead of watching the game.

:handbags:

I can't remember the last time I didn't watch a game of this importance but I guess we all knew what was going to happen.

I recorded it but then was watching the news and 8-2 was the headline.

Un.
Fucking.
Believable.

If there's a manager and a club in the league who deserves such a raping it is Wenger and Arsenal. They treat us all with contempt.

Spend some of OUR money or fuck off the lot of ya.

selassie
29-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Lambs to the slaughter, too many of them aren't ready and lack the tactical knowledge.

I really fear for us this season.

Olivier's xmas twist
I decided to go for a bike ride instead of watching the game.

:handbags:

I can't remember the last time I didn't watch a game of this importance but I guess we all knew what was going to happen.

I recorded it but then was watching the news and 8-2 was the headline.

Un.
Fucking.
Believable.

If there's a manager and a club in the league who deserves such a raping it is Wenger and Arsenal. They treat us all with contempt.

Spend some of OUR money or fuck off the lot of ya.

This agree it needed to happen tbh if we were going to loose im glad it was by a big margin, loosing 1-0, 2-0, 3-1 would just have made aw say how everything was ok we missed players etc. Heck he even said it at 8-2 but least he knew he was chatting shit.

Lots of things really need to be addressed. We are going into the wild and the club knows it why they are relunctant to spend money.

Grebbo
Btw what was our starting line up and were there ANY positives? Did Ryo and Ox play?

We should have scored 3 goals at Old Trafford - that's surely something?

Ok maybe not.

Japan Shaking All Over
29-08-2011, 09:06 AM
F***IN STUPID FORUM!!!!

Forum 1 : Frustrated Gooner 0

Ollie the Optimist
29-08-2011, 09:07 AM
Btw what was our starting line up and were there ANY positives? Did Ryo and Ox play?

We should have scored 3 goals at Old Trafford - that's surely something?

Ok maybe not.

do you know what? and this sounds stupid but in the first ten minutes of the second half we should have been 3-3, rvp had two great chances and arshavin should have scored.

Daniele
29-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Tell you what. We had 4 weak defender a weak line but it all started up front and int he middle. Arshavin and Walcott rarely tracked back and in the middle only the teen tackled. So that left us defence exposed and their full backs actually played as wingers. They could do whatever they liked. Nani's goal was humiliating.

Daniele
29-08-2011, 09:22 AM
do you know what? and this sounds stupid but in the first ten minutes of the second half we should have been 3-3, rvp had two great chances and arshavin should have scored.

indeed! and I was quite sure that if we failed to convert them we would get a pasting. Not that I expected 8 actually but 6 defo.

Fist of Lehmann
29-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Fucking thing sucks!
Fuck it! WE'LL DO IT LIVE!!

Ollie the Optimist
29-08-2011, 09:27 AM
indeed! and I was quite sure that if we failed to convert them we would get a pasting. Not that I expected 8 actually but 6 defo.

at half time i was convinced if we got an early goal, we could do it, missing those chances was poor and cost us.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 09:30 AM
at half time i was convinced if we got an early goal, we could do it, missing those chances was poor and cost us.

Getting an early goal would not have made a diffrence in a month of sunday's tbh. We still would have conceeded more with that defense thats the problem.

Özim
29-08-2011, 09:38 AM
You truly are deluded, get as grip, even if we'd scored these we would ave got a whopping...Man U could have scored more too FFS.

Marc Overmars
29-08-2011, 10:11 AM
That score line is shocking and embarrassing, how have we reach this level?

Through consistetly stripping the squad of it's quality and doing the bare minimum and sometimes nothing at all to replace it.

Woke up today thinking it was all a bad dream. Eight!! FFS.

AKBapologist
29-08-2011, 10:13 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2031330/Robin-van-Persie-Arsenal-humiliation-weakened-side.html
Spot on tbh.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-08-2011, 10:16 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2031330/Robin-van-Persie-Arsenal-humiliation-weakened-side.html
Spot on tbh.

RVP respect to him tbh, leading by example. Another captain who already is singing from a diffrent sheet from the manager,

Marc Overmars
29-08-2011, 10:17 AM
I think Merse was spot on yesterday when he said Wenger cannot expect certain players to just slot right into the system and play the style of football he wants. It just doesn't work like that. You need to play to your strengths, work out the best tactics to get the most from what you have. I guess it fits into the idea of Wenger not being anywhere near as tactically astute as other managers in this league.

Power n Glory
29-08-2011, 10:22 AM
RVP respect to him tbh, leading by example. Another captain who already is singing from a diffrent sheet from the manager,

Lead by example on the pitch and not the press room. He's right, but he hasn't said anything unique.

Letters
29-08-2011, 10:27 AM
I think Merse was spot on yesterday when he said Wenger cannot expect certain players to just slot right into the system and play the style of football he wants. It just doesn't work like that. You need to play to your strengths, work out the best tactics to get the most from what you have. I guess it fits into the idea of Wenger not being anywhere near as tactically astute as other managers in this league.

Yeah, Merse was absolutely spot on. As he said, you'll get league one sides go there this year in the Cup and offer more resistence than that. OK, we had players out but so did Utd. If our squad is too weak without key players then we clearly need a stronger squad. Wenger must know that. And given that our team was clearly far too weak we needed to give the defence some help, pack the defence, make it hard for Utd. Just trying to play the 'Arsenal way' was suicide and as Merse said completely unfair on the players.

We're not going to be playing sides that good every week and Wednesday showed we're not a bad side but the squad is far too weak and if we don't get several good players, which as the time ticks down is looking increasingly unlikely, then it's going to be a long, hard season :(

Letters
29-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Lead by example on the pitch and not the press room. He's right, but he hasn't said anything unique.

He's scored 2 in 2 and in a miserable end to last season was the only player consistently scoring and playing well.