PDA

View Full Version : Days left of the transfer window, who COULD we really sign?

cheesy bites
28-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Central defence and midfield are obviously the key positions, but who could we realistically expect to sign at this late time?

There's not exactly pages and pages of them.

Özim
28-08-2011, 06:00 PM
IMO it's too late in the transfer window now, who in their right minds is going to let their best players go now? Wenger fed us BS (which some bought) about waiting periods and guess what...nothing materialised except selling two of our best players late one and maybe signing some Korean nobody.

Realistically we'd have to put some big bids in to get top players (probably pay over the odds because we wouldn't give the team we're buying from time to sign anyone they'd necessarily want), we know we won't do that though...Wenger is a cheap f*cker...he's already starting to roll out the excuses even after an 8-2 defeat.

Who would I like, a decent CB or two (Cahill, Jagielka, Samba), a tough tackling midfielder (Toualan), a finisher (Benzema) maybe) and maybe a more experienced creative player (Hazard, Ribery etc).

Who will we end up with, probably some cheap nobody noone wants.

RomfordPele
28-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Hmm, realistic?

Parker, Bellamy, Samba, Cahill and Arteta.

None of them necessarily ideal choices, but all available and all would improve our squad.

Sorry, there's absolutely no fucking excuse for Wenger not getting some new faces.

I also think we need to sign Keown and Campbell as coaches: some heads should roll after today.

Joker
28-08-2011, 06:08 PM
We'll sign Young, try to get Cahill at a bargain basement price in the 11th hour and will most likely fail. And that is most likely the extent of our ambitions in the transfer market.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Hmm, realistic?

Parker, Bellamy, Samba, Cahill and Arteta.

None of them necessarily ideal choices, but all available and all would improve our squad.

Sorry, there's absolutely no fucking excuse for Wenger not getting some new faces.

I also think we need to sign Keown and Campbell as coaches: some heads should roll after today.

There's more chance of the suits awarding themselves a bonus. True merchant bankers, all of them.

Daniele
28-08-2011, 06:10 PM
I'd get God but Wenger thinks Djourou can be as good as him so we stand no chances.

selassie
28-08-2011, 08:25 PM
I personally think we've left it too late, I'm not even that confident of getting Cahill & M'Vila. Basically we'd need to overpay to get anybody half decent and we all know that Arsenal won't overpay for anybody.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 08:28 PM
8-2 though. That result will be flying around the football wire now. Will anybody want to come here? A few shop dummies maybe, who need to butter up before a City contract. But even they might be put off by a result like that. What a fucking club, CL footie secured (money) PL already over, blown out in a humiliating crash. I think we'll really struggle to sign anyone at all. Cahill could be watching and wondering who will finish higher, us or Bolton. Hard to say.

hobson's choice
28-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Other than Egg Foo Young, who knows. Just gotta whether the storm till January.

God i'm hoping these fukkers are ready for the January window

Olivier's xmas twist
28-08-2011, 08:52 PM
IMO it's too late in the transfer window now, who in their right minds is going to let their best players go now? Wenger fed us BS (which some bought) about waiting periods and guess what...nothing materialised except selling two of our best players late one and maybe signing some Korean nobody.

Realistically we'd have to put some big bids in to get top players (probably pay over the odds because we wouldn't give the team we're buying from time to sign anyone they'd necessarily want), we know we won't do that though...Wenger is a cheap f*cker...he's already starting to roll out the excuses even after an 8-2 defeat.

Who would I like, a decent CB or two (Cahill, Jagielka, Samba), a tough tackling midfielder (Toualan), a finisher (Benzema) maybe) and maybe a more experienced creative player (Hazard, Ribery etc).

Who will we end up with, probably some cheap nobody noone wants.

Makes no diffrence if we do, we ain't winning the league or cl or any trophie so who cares who we sign.