PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal v Swansea Saturday 10th September 15:00

Pages : [1] 2

Cripps_orig
28-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Il be going to this :(

Swansea havent scored a goal yet. No doubt that will end in this match.

Will any new signings take part?

What will the crowd reaction be if after the Manc result and no new signings happen?

Does anyone know any Swansea players?

Joker
28-08-2011, 07:35 PM
What would be good:

===========Chesney====================

Sagna====Cahill=======Vermaelen======Baines==

==============M'Vila==================

=======Ramsey========Hazard============

Walcott==========================Oxlade=

=============van Persie==================

What we're likely to see:

=============Chesney=====================

Sagna=======Djourou=====Vermaelen=======Traore=

===============Frimpong===================

==========Ramsey=========Rosicky============

Walcott=============================Arshavin=

=============van Persie=====================

IBK
28-08-2011, 07:37 PM
We'll win this one.

Niall_Quinn
28-08-2011, 08:52 PM
In previous years I'd hope we'd bounce back and take our frustrations out on the league's whipping boys. Now I don't know. I doubt Swansea are fretting too much.

milla
28-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Il be going to this :(

Swansea havent scored a goal yet. No doubt that will end in this match.

Will any new signings take part?

What will the crowd reaction be if after the Manc result and no new signings happen?

Does anyone know any Swansea players?

2-2 draw, half of the first team players will be out injured. I am starting to wonder who should get the sack first, Wenger or medical team? :coffee:

-Xs-
29-08-2011, 05:51 AM
0-3

Master Splinter
29-08-2011, 06:20 AM
1-3.

Sinclair hat-trick tbh.

Marvin Martin to get sent off for re-killing Dobbie.

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 01:31 PM
This is an absolute might win!

Marc Overmars
30-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Chez

Sagna Mertesacker Verm Santos

Hazard Ramsey Rosicky

Theo RVP Park

It's on!

Joker
30-08-2011, 02:17 PM
1-1 draw

A frustrating game looks to be ending in a 0-0 draw when in the 81st minute, Walcott bursts down the right wing, crosses to Park who takes a touch before being hauled down by a Swansea defender for a penalty. RVP steps up and scores despite the keeper getting a touch on it and the tension around the Emirates is relieved.

But then, Swansea get a corner in the 91st minute of the game, and after a goalmouth scramble, the ball ends up in the net after Mertersacker slices his clearance into his own net. At full time the crowd boo in anger, while Wenger reminds us in his post match interview that "patience is a sign of intelligence you know"

Letters
30-08-2011, 03:16 PM
No spoilers :angry:

Niall_Quinn
30-08-2011, 03:18 PM

You buying yet another chav motor?

Joker
30-08-2011, 03:22 PM

:lol:

Dog Toffee
30-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Imagine the reaction if we lose this.

Cripps_orig
31-08-2011, 11:50 PM
SirchesneySagna Mertemaelen SantosBenayoun Frimpong ArtetaWalcott RVP ArshavinPark on the bench

4-3-3
01-09-2011, 08:40 AM
SirchesneySagna Mertemaelen SantosBenayoun Frimpong ArtetaWalcott RVP ArshavinPark on the bench

zczczcny

sagna sacker vermaelen santos

frimpong

Arteta benAyo/ram

walcott miyaichi

parsie

bench:fabi, gibbs,kos, Arshavin,ramsey, park

no more arshavin, park to come on when we are 3up. comon gooners
--------------------------
still jerknson,song,diaby,rosicky.gervinho, young park, young jack. oxlade,chamakh and wilshire to cound for.

Joker
01-09-2011, 08:43 AM
=================Chesney====================

Sagna====Mertersacker======Vermaelen=======Santos=

============Benayoun==Arteta===Wilshere==========

Walcott=============van Persie==============Young=

Cripps_orig
01-09-2011, 08:47 AM
zczczcnysagna sacker vermaelen santos frimpong Arteta benAyo/ramwalcott miyaichi parsiebench:fabi, gibbs,kos, Arshavin,ramsey, parkno more arshavin, park to come on when we are 3up. comon gooners--------------------------still jerknson,song,diaby,rosicky.gervinho, young park, young jack. oxlade,chamakh and wilshire to cound for.Can't see Ryu playing for us other than in Carling Cup games. He was bought for marketing purposes only.

4-3-3
01-09-2011, 08:54 AM
Can't see Ryu playing for us other than in Carling Cup games. He was bought for marketing purposes only.
just wait until he plays his first game. he dont need to kick the ball to be better than arshavin in the first place, i am sure he will play. and its not that difficult to be better than walcott either.

LDG
01-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Hsdjd,ajkl

Sagna Merts Verms Santos

Arteta PingPong Rosicky

Walcott RVP Ryu

Cripps_orig
01-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Theo is our top scorer and played well this season.Ryu will be lucky to get a minute of action this season.I'd say he has to go some way to be better than Theo

4-3-3
01-09-2011, 09:18 AM
ryu is walcott 2.0 as winger, cozz walcott is no a winger.

Japan Shaking All Over
01-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Can't see Ryu playing for us other than in Carling Cup games. He was bought for marketing purposes only.

Ina 'yes' maybe but Miya 'no' this kid is a good prospect

GP
01-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Imagine the reaction if we lose this.

Imagine your face

Master Splinter
01-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Szczesny

Sagna
Koscielny
Vermaelen
Gibbs

Frimpong
Ramsey
Arteta

Walcott
RVP
Ju

Syn
01-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Why would Gibbs play instead of Santos?

Master Splinter
01-09-2011, 05:13 PM
:shrug:

He's supposed to be back from injury and Wenger rarely throws new players into the mix.

If Gibbs stays fit (:haha:), I also expect him to be first choice. Santos was clearly just a squaddie in case Gibbs remains dead and we have to scrape a shambles of a team together like the last few weeks.

If Gibbs remains a non-healing pussy/is worse than Traore when he does play, then I expect a long-term LB will be signed next year.

server too busy!
01-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Brazils national LB brought in as a squad player, bullshit!

Schezney

Sagna
Mert
Verm
Santos

Frimp
Arteta
Rosicky

Walcott
RvP
Park

GP
01-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Going to this one, can't wait to see the new lads

fakeyank
02-09-2011, 02:36 AM
Can see us picking our first win, 2-0

IBK
02-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Yes - we might manage a slender win and our first points of the season.

GP
02-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Swansea are going to get a right good cluttering. (tm)

Master Splinter
02-09-2011, 03:39 PM
can't wait to see the new lads

Fag.

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Either 1-0, 1-1, 2-0, 2-1, 2-2, 3-0, 3-1, 3-2, 3-3 or 4-3 to us. Can't see us losing.

GP
02-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Fag.

Jealous?

GunnerFan4Life
02-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Chez

Sagna Mert Verm Santos

Frimpong Arteta Ramsey

Theo RVP Park/Arshavin

Niall_Quinn
02-09-2011, 09:01 PM
When is Jack back? Don't tell me this another one of those 2 week injuries?

Anyone see the Money Pit with Tom Hanks?

"Two weeks, two weeks, two weeks..."

Cripps_orig
02-09-2011, 09:02 PM
I think they said 3 weeks 6 weeks ago so not due back til Feburary i reckon

Darth Vela
04-09-2011, 12:35 PM

Yes, I did and I still want those 90 minutes back, bastards.

I'm not expecting Wilshere to play much at all this season, it's his turn to take a season off, anything under 6 months will be great.

As for the match, I really can't see anything other than a good old fashioned hammering, we'll have too much for them and be out for blood.

Cripps_orig
04-09-2011, 12:43 PM
If we have a plus goal difference in the league after this match then I'll be happy

KSE Comedy Club
04-09-2011, 03:37 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14636507.stm

Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere says his ankle injury will keep him out of action for up to three months.

The England player sustained the injury in the Gunners' pre-season friendly against New York Red Bulls on 31 July.

It was only expected to rule him out for a few days, but has proved far more troublesome for the 19-year-old.

"I will be out for around 2-3 months! I am working hard in the gym to stay fit and I am gutted but I will be back stronger," Wilshere wrote on Twitter.

Wilshere's absence is a significant blow to Arsenal considering the summer departure of key midfielders Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri.

Like Fabregas and Nasri, Wilshere was a first-team regular for the Gunners last season and Arsenal have already lost two of their three Premier League games this term.

However, the deadline-day arrivals of Chelsea's Yossi Benayoun and Everton's Mikel Arteta should ensure Arsenal are suitably covered in that area until Wilshere's return.

Wilshere is wearing a protective boot to guard the affected right ankle, which Wenger claims was first damaged before the US pre-season trip, when the youngster was on England duty against Switzerland.

Wenger won his running battle with England Under-21 counterpart Stuart Pearce over Wilshere's selection for the summer's European Championships in Denmark, but the rest he was able to enjoy in the close season was not sufficient to cure the problem.

He will now miss crucial matches for club and country, including England's final Euro 2012 qualifying group game in Montenegro next month, and Champions League and Premier League fixtures for Arsenal.

Speaking just prior to Arsenal confirming Wilshere would need an extended break, his club colleague Theo Walcott expressed hope that Wilshere would be back soon.

Walcott said at an England press conference: "Jack's a very important player for us. It's a shame he's had this ankle problem.

"But he's a bright lad - he'll be back as soon as he can.

"We're going to miss him but he's professional enough to get on with it."

FFS.

Niall_Quinn
04-09-2011, 03:39 PM
However, the deadline-day arrivals of Chelsea's Yossi Benayoun and Everton's Mikel Arteta should ensure Arsenal are suitably covered in that area until Wilshere's return.

Drug addiction in the media, it's a terrible fucking thing. How do Arteta and Yossi Fuckin' Benayoun cover for Cesc, Na$ri and Jack - exactly?

Master Splinter
04-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Frimpong to step up and do the job of three men :bow:.

McNamara That Ghost...
04-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Drug addiction in the media, it's a terrible fucking thing. How do Arteta and Yossi Fuckin' Benayoun cover for Cesc, Na$ri and Jack - exactly?

By not being Diaby and Bendtner, presumably.

Niall_Quinn
04-09-2011, 09:35 PM
By not being Diaby and Bendtner, presumably.

Good point.

:bow: Drug rehab in the media

Syn
04-09-2011, 09:59 PM

The Cesc was saw last season was utter garbage. It won't be hard to top that. Nasri was fantastic for 3 months and shite (along with the rest of the team bar RVP) for the rest.

________

I think (hope) Swansea won't provide a decent test for it but - while things don't change overnight, I'm looking particularly looking forward to a change of style and a better defence.

Dog Toffee
05-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Yes - we might manage a slender win and our first points of the season.

So that draw against Newcastle didnt give us a point then?

Cretin.

IBK
05-09-2011, 04:25 PM
So that draw against Newcastle didnt give us a point then?

Cretin.

You know, I realised my mistake early doors, but then thought surely some pedantic cretin isn't going to have to try to be a hero over a point. How wrong I was...

milla
05-09-2011, 05:28 PM
----------------Sze3cney---------------

Bac---Per Giraffe---Verminator--Gibbs

-------------PingPongFrim------------

---------Arteta---------Rozza--------

---Walnut-------RVP10------Fatty---

Sub: Flappy, Kos, Jenkinson, LeCoq, Oxo Cube, Ultraman Ryo, Chakma, Ramsey

The subs are still poor imo. :coffee:

fakeyank
05-09-2011, 06:05 PM

Sub: Flappy, Kos, Jenkinson, LeCoq, Oxo Cube, Ultraman Ryo, Chakma, Ramsey

The subs are still poor imo. :coffee:

I'd play the jew in place of fatty and santos instead of gibbs. Gibbs needs to be shot and killed.

Darth Vela
05-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Little harsh, Gibbs has looked good when fit so deserves to be given a little more time, if there's any doubt over his fitness we should play Santos but we'll be bedding in at least 2 new players on Saturday so someone who knows the Premiership would be an asset.

I would also play Beninoun though, always liked him.

Syn
05-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Is Song suspended?

I'm sure Jenkinson is. You forgot Ju, Benayoun also. That's a shocker of a guess, Millford.

fakeyank
05-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Little harsh, Gibbs has looked good when fit so deserves to be given a little more time, if there's any doubt over his fitness we should play Santos but we'll be bedding in at least 2 new players on Saturday so someone who knows the Premiership would be an asset.

I would also play Beninoun though, always liked him.

IMO, no more time to be wasted on crocks. Its onto the next one. If Santos is not good, then put Vermaelen there with Kos and Mert in the center.

And yes, I forgot about Chu, I'd play Chu on the wings and have the jew in the middle with Arteta and Ping Pong

Cripps_orig
05-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Is Song suspended?

I'm sure Jenkinson is. You forgot Ju, Benayoun also. That's a shocker of a guess, Millford.

Yes.

Him and Gervinhos last match

GunnerFan4Life
05-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Whats the p2p site? heard it got changed or something, use to be first link on google.

milla
05-09-2011, 07:28 PM
I'd play the jew in place of fatty and santos instead of gibbs. Gibbs needs to be shot and killed.

meh.. fatty is miles better than fat jew tbh. Agreed with Gibbs though, although quality wise there is not much different between the two. :coffee:

milla
05-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Is Song suspended?

Oh yes Jenkinson is suspended :doh:

OK add Djourou instead of Jenkinson then..

Sub: Flappy, Kos, Gay Lion, LeCoq, Oxo Cube, Ultraman Ryo, Chakma, Ramsey :coffee:

Cripps_orig
05-09-2011, 07:37 PM
8 subs?

Also Ryu wont be a sub

Master Splinter
05-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Also Ryu wont be a sub

Ryo could be though.

Cripps_orig
05-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Ryo could be though.

Depends on if the Japanese press are out in force for the match

milla
05-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Depends on if the Japanese press are out in force for the match

He could use his ultraman power. When the light bulb on his chest turns red, he will kill everyone on the pitch. :coffee:

milla
05-09-2011, 07:53 PM
8 subs?

Also Ryu wont be a sub

LOL Forget about Djourou, let him rot in reserve. LeCoq can cover at right back. :coffee:

GP
05-09-2011, 07:57 PM
What about Benayoun?

Cripps_orig
05-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Il be at this game so hoping to see all the new signings take a part.

Dont care about Benayoun cos hes shit but i want Santos, Mertesacker and Arteta to start.

In fact, let Oxface have a start as well.

We have Dortmund after this so rest players for that

Cripps_orig
05-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Sirchesney

Sagna MertaMaelen Santos

Rosicky Frimpong Arteta

Walcott RVP Oxface

milla
05-09-2011, 08:06 PM
We got him to do our taxes.

Wenger knows :bow:

IBK
05-09-2011, 08:32 PM
I am honestly expecting to see our team with some of its mojo back on Saturday. They are no way as bad as the Manure result suggests.

Cripps_orig
05-09-2011, 08:33 PM
I am honestly expecting to see our team with some of its mojo back on Saturday. They are no way as bad as the Manure result suggests.

Are we as bad as 2 wins in 14 suggests though?

IBK
05-09-2011, 08:37 PM
Are we as bad as 2 wins in 14 suggests though?

Fair point. Although I think that's mostly down to lack of leadership/character. Surely having new players who are captain material will change that? :pray:

Cripps_orig
05-09-2011, 08:39 PM
One can only hope.

IBK
05-09-2011, 08:50 PM
One can only hope.

Seriously - the new signings have given us a little hope back. Had we not done this then I think players and fans would have been at absolute rock bottom - 3 games into the season.

GunnerFan4Life
05-09-2011, 09:30 PM
GoonerTalk Chris Wheatley
Thomas Vermaelen requires surgery on his left ankle, according to @northbanklower. Could mean another lengthy spell on the sidelines.

Great.

Niall_Quinn
05-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Mertesacker, Arteta, Young, Chamberlain, Gervinho, Jenkinson, Santos, Yossi Fucking Benayoun all out with broken legs.

GunnerFan4Life
05-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Chez

Sagna Kos Mert Santos

Arteta Song Rosicky (could be ramsey)

Theo RVP Arshavin (but hopefully Oxlade chamberlain PLEASE WENGER MAKE IT HAPPEN I BEG YOU FOR ONCE MAKE THIS DECISION LET ARSHY KNOW WHOS BOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Darth Vela
05-09-2011, 11:00 PM
I really want to see Park start up top with RvP withdrawn, let Arteta and Frimpong hold in midfield with the two Theo's out on the wings, that would be electrifying.

Niall_Quinn
05-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Chez

Sagna Kos Mert Santos

Arteta Song Rosicky (could be ramsey)

Theo RVP Arshavin (but hopefully Oxlade chamberlain PLEASE WENGER MAKE IT HAPPEN I BEG YOU FOR ONCE MAKE THIS DECISION LET ARSHY KNOW WHOS BOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

What's that - the injury list?

Daniele
06-09-2011, 08:43 AM
the fact that I've been waiting for this game with anxiety and fear shows how far we have fallen. win sat and we may stay up, lose or draw and we are in for a relegation battle.

Letters
06-09-2011, 09:08 AM
the fact that I've been waiting for this game with anxiety and fear shows how far we have fallen. win sat and we may stay up, lose or draw and we are in for a relegation battle.

It's September. Stop being so ridiculous.

GP
06-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Swansea are getting a right cluttering.

Letters
06-09-2011, 10:14 AM
If we get an early goal we might clutter them a new clutterhole.
Otherwise it could be a frustrating afternoon.

Not for me though, I'll be in Paris :dance:

Syn
06-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Not for me though, I'll be in Paris :dance: Arsenal always win when you're in Paris.

Letters
06-09-2011, 10:19 AM
They didn't win the CL Final :(
But they did beat Chelsea when I was there and watched it in a bar. RvP's hilariously off-side goal :dance:

So, in brief, I have to find a bar to watch it in. I'm sure MrsL will be fine with that. :cool;

:unsure:

milla
06-09-2011, 11:05 AM
They didn't win the CL Final :(
But they did beat Chelsea when I was there and watched it in a bar. RvP's hilariously off-side goal :dance:

So, in brief, I have to find a bar to watch it in. I'm sure MrsL will be fine with that. :cool;

:unsure:

I hope MrsL'll find a nice boutique to spend your money. :coffee:

Letters
06-09-2011, 11:11 AM
I don't have any money :cool:

Oh <_<

Joker
06-09-2011, 03:15 PM
I'd like to see Oxlade start. He's looked really good for the U21s this week, and with Arshavin out of form I'd have no problem if he was dropped and Chamberlain given a chance. He's quick, direct and from the evidence I've seen so far has good technical ability and a cool head, able to deliver accurate crosses after getting into good positions (unlike Theo, who's crossing still leaves a bit to be desired)

Have Oxlade on the left, Theo on the right and we have finally play with a bit of pace, especially on the counter. Moreover, Swansea will be wary of their speed, therefore will play deeper, giving us more time on the ball and ability to dominate the midfield.

fakeyank
06-09-2011, 03:17 PM
I'd like to see Oxlade start. He's looked really good for the U21s this week, and with Arshavin out of form I'd have no problem if he was dropped and Chamberlain given a chance. He's quick, direct and from the evidence I've seen so far has good technical ability and a cool head, able to deliver accurate crosses after getting into good positions (unlike Theo, who's crossing still leaves a bit to be desired)

Have Oxlade on the left, Theo on the right and we have finally play with a bit of pace, especially on the counter. Moreover, Swansea will be wary of their speed, therefore will play deeper, giving us more time on the ball and ability to dominate the midfield.

Oh No! More Tippy tappy then :doh:

Daniele
06-09-2011, 05:35 PM
It's September. Stop being so ridiculous.

I know it may sound ridicolous but I look at the long-term. 2 wins out of 14 games is hardly relegation form. Quality-wise we're a top 6 club, but we are very down in mentality, strength and power. Hopefully I'm wrong but it won't be easy.

Dog Toffee
06-09-2011, 06:14 PM
You know, I realised my mistake early doors, but then thought surely some pedantic cretin isn't going to have to try to be a hero over a point. How wrong I was...

...very wrong, we already have a point.

With Verms and Jack out (barring no other injuries) Id go with...

SCsczcescz

Sagna MertSack Kozza Santos

Ramsey---Song---Arteta

Feo---RvP---Gervinho

Letters
06-09-2011, 09:30 PM
I know it may sound ridicolous but I look at the long-term. 2 wins out of 14 games is hardly relegation form. Quality-wise we're a top 6 club, but we are very down in mentality, strength and power. Hopefully I'm wrong but it won't be easy.

I'm not sure how relevant the run at the end of last season is. We often wilt at the end of the season and top 4 was all but sewn up. The start to this season has been a concern but we've made some decent signings and had 2 difficult games. Top 4 will be a struggle but there's no chance of a relegation battle.

fakeyank
06-09-2011, 10:43 PM
...very wrong, we already have a point.

With Verms and Jack out (barring no other injuries) Id go with...

SCsczcescz

Sagna MertSack Kozza Santos

Ramsey---Song---Arteta

Feo---RvP---Gervinho

Song and Gervinho are out beta.. instead it will be ping pong and ding dong (chu)

Master Splinter
07-09-2011, 02:22 AM
Can't wait for the injury news.

Expecting Theooooooooooooooooooooooooooo to be out for a good five months.

This will be the team v Swansea tbh:

Almunia

Coquelin
Squillaci
Bould
Eastmond

Bunjaku
Rosicky
Randall

Benyanoon
Bischoff
Chamakh.

Niall_Quinn
07-09-2011, 03:12 AM
Bunjaku is injured, out for 3 years.

Master Splinter
07-09-2011, 03:30 AM
Bunjaku is injured, out for 3 years.

Fuck.

:crying:

:ilt:

COYS!

Master Splinter
07-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Theo is apparently fit.

But Sagna is still ill.

Coquelin at RB?

Niall_Quinn
07-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Theo is apparently fit.

But Sagna is still ill.

Coquelin at RB?

What? I thought he played for France?

More bad news on Bunjaku, it's not three years it's two weeks. :rose:

Master Splinter
07-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Guardian say he's ill.

Injury news always seems to be correct in the papers and is in fact usually compounded upon by the time of Arsenal.com's confirmation.

With Arsenal, bad news is always 150% correct.

Sagna is one of our few tough players and even he's a pussy now :rose:.

Sirjackofwilshere
07-09-2011, 10:01 PM
Tbh I've just accepted this season is going to be one big f up.

Niall_Quinn
07-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Tbh I've just accepted this season is going to be one big f up.

Going to be? The fuck up is in full swing.

Cripps_orig
07-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Sagna played the whole game v Romania. Did he have a break from being ill or something for that match?

Niall_Quinn
08-09-2011, 01:35 AM
Sagna played the whole game v Romania. Did he have a break from being ill or something for that match?

He's sick of being in the same team as Kos. Kos was on the bench for the International so Sagna was okay to play.

Coney
08-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Coq up at RB?

It wouldn't be the first time.

Ashburton2006
08-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Who would have thought that a home game against Swansea would be such a pivotal game so early in the season! It is a MUST win game and very important for the confidence of the new boys to get them settled in! Personally, a 1-0 scrappy win would do me just to get our first 3 points and then build from that! Come on Arsenal!!

gunnerrrrr
08-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Scheneeze
Sagna Cahill Metersacks Santos
M'vila
Hazard Cesc Nasri
RVP

We should win comfortably given the superb summer and transfer window we enjoyed.

Master Splinter
08-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Hazard out for the season.

milla
08-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Scheneeze
M'vila
Hazard Cesc Nasri
RVP

We should win comfortably given the superb summer and transfer window we enjoyed.

Alternate timeline FTW. :coffee:

Niall_Quinn
08-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Alternate timeline FTW. :coffee:

Crazy fool left Schweinsteiger and Rossi out :doh:

Marc Overmars
08-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Yes, any type of win would do me fine. We need to get some points on the board and allow the new signings and the rest of the team to settle down. Not even contemplating not winning, it would look pretty bad if we didn't pick up the points and the last thing we want is for an already unsettled team to be scrutinised even further.

Come on you Gunners. Whilst a win over Swansea wouldn't mean much overall, it would be nice to just restore a bit of normality.

Fats
09-09-2011, 07:42 AM
Need a little winning mentality against the sheep shaggers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c3Y2i-1mD0

Joker
09-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Imagine the reaction if we don't win this. The Emirates will be ringing with boos at the final whistle.

Joker
09-09-2011, 10:21 AM
============Chesney============

Sagna===Mertersacker====Koscielny===Gibbs=

==========Frimpong==============

=====Arteta=========Ramsey========

Walcott=====================Arshavin=

============van Persie=============

KSE Comedy Club
09-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Anyone know why Santos wont be playing?

Is he injured?

Joker
09-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Apparently he hasn't played competitive football since the Copa America so he isn't fully match fit.

KSE Comedy Club
09-09-2011, 10:33 AM
Apparently he hasn't played competitive football since the Copa America so he isn't fully match fit.

Ta :good:

Maybe on the bench then, though this would be the perfect game to get him match fit.

Darth Vela
09-09-2011, 10:40 AM
And rightly so imo, this is a must win for so many reasons and the only thing that can stop us is ourselves, anything less than 3 points will only help push the mood darker and deeper.

server too busy!
09-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Scheneeze
M'vila
Hazard Cesc Nasri
RVP

Why only 10 players, bit arrogant!

Letters
09-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Why only 10 players, bit arrogant!

We've got used to playing that way.

Edinburgh Gooner
09-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Whats the p2p site? heard it got changed or something, use to be first link on google.

The new site is called wiziwig. There's a forum with all the links in until they get their site established. I also check out vip sports.

Master Splinter
09-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Why has this thread been moved?

Anyway, it looks like Ju won't be involved because of Visa shit and he won't have trained with the team.

Rosicky doubtful, Santos unfit, Squillaci 'injured' (:lol:).

Ugly Theo please and no Arshavin :pray:.

McNamara That Ghost...
09-09-2011, 04:36 PM
I think somebody tried merging Ashburton's thread and in fact, ballsed it up.

I'll move it back to its home.

milla
09-09-2011, 04:38 PM

I'll move it to the bin.

:faint:

milla
09-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Anyone know why Santos wont be playing?

Is he injured?

Not fit, will return next year. :coffee:

Xhaka Can’t
09-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Why has this thread been moved?

Apologies, I messed up merging the threads. Last time I try doing that on my phone.

milla
09-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Apologies, I messed up merging the threads. Last time I try doing that on my phone.

Of course it wont work from landline phone :sulk:

Xhaka Can’t
09-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Of course it wont work from landline phone :sulk:

Stop bamboozling me with your technobabble.

milla
09-09-2011, 07:29 PM
technobabble.

The art of using a bunch of nonsensical ramblings to solve of explain a problem. Usually used by SCI-FI writers once they have written themself in a corner.

I just learnt a new vocabulary. :patrice:

Cripps_orig
09-09-2011, 09:06 PM

I'll move it back to its home.

Back to Glory Glory then? :ninja:

Cripps_orig
09-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Arsenal v Swansea

The interesting thing about Arsenal right now, because of the frantic end to the transfer window that went on there - which in itself made a mockery of their summer transfer dealings to that point if you ask me - is no-one quite knows how the team is going to set up this weekend.

I think Mikel Arteta is a good signing for them, and Per Mertesacker will be fine, but while we can all guess at how they will settle down, we just don't know.

For a man previously reluctant to spend much at all, Wenger suddenly went out in a panic in the last few days of the transfer window and it will be interesting to see if his gamble works out.

Either way, though, I think the Gunners will have too much for a Swansea side who have also made a couple of acquisitions.

There's no problem with the way Brendan Rodgers' side play football, but Swansea's problem this season will be getting goals. It's a massive issue for them.

In Scott Sinclair, Nathan Dyer, Wayne Routledge and Danny Graham they have plenty of pace and talent up front, but they're realising that they won't get too many chances at this level and that it's imperative you take what comes your way. The other problem as well is that teams are going to find they can cut them up.

As long as they keep learning as they go, though, they'll have a chance of staying in the league.

Prediction: 2-0

Lawro :bow:

McNamara That Ghost...
09-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Back to Glory Glory then? :ninja:

:lol:

I miss them having dedicated match threads to our games.

The Wengerbabies
09-09-2011, 09:28 PM
Must win.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-09-2011, 02:11 AM
will win. . .and Lawro can do one. . .it was panic buying but we didnt do too bad. . .I think we have the base of a good squaf if we go out and add in Jan. . .Cahill and maybe a striker. . M'Vila would also be nice (same names I know but. . . cant think of anyone else at the mo)

Only fear is AW saying all is OK in Jan, whuch it may be but we all know the squad needs more

KESSLER
10-09-2011, 01:06 PM
Team: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Frimpong, Arteta, Ramsey, Walcott, Arshavin, Van Persie (c).

Come on Arsenal!!!!!!!!

She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
10-09-2011, 01:15 PM
team looks strong, so does bench.

first time in years.

Rors
10-09-2011, 01:24 PM
@henrywinter
Henry Winter
For lovers of classical music, the Swansea City team-sheet starts... Vorm Williams

:doh:

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Team: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Frimpong, Arteta, Ramsey, Walcott, Arshavin, Van Persie (c).

Come on Arsenal!!!!!!!!

2 new signings, 1 total rookie, 1 total lightweight in the middle of defence, 2 lazy wasters, not necessarily a strong team at all but a hell of a lot stronger than it might have been had we not went on the emergency shopping spree. Surely too much for Swansea?

KESSLER
10-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Yep, we're winning this!! :scarf:

The Dismantler
10-09-2011, 01:43 PM

Come on Arsenal!!!!!!!!

...thats an 8 - 2 winning team already... who are we playing next?? #BraggingRights

:dance:

The Dismantler
10-09-2011, 01:44 PM
links ffs!!!

myp2p is downnnnnnn!

Syn
10-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Oo ee oo aa aa, ting tang walla walla frimpong (tm) :scarf;

Edinburgh Gooner
10-09-2011, 01:46 PM
links ffs!!!

myp2p is downnnnnnn!

http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/59999-15-00UK-16-00CET-Arsenal-v-Swansea

WengerISaLizard
10-09-2011, 01:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZZB9T.jpg

come on you reds

The Dismantler
10-09-2011, 01:50 PM
http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/59999-15-00UK-16-00CET-Arsenal-v-Swansea

guv'nor

KESSLER
10-09-2011, 02:01 PM
http://www.tvlive-sport.com/Channel2.html

best ive found, it's english

Japan Shaking All Over
10-09-2011, 02:01 PM

come on you reds

Here we go

Master Splinter
10-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Where's Ugly Theo?

And Arshavin starts? FFS.

Wenger out.

KESSLER
10-09-2011, 02:02 PM
ramsey misses sitter, great play by arteta!!!!

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Oh fuck off Ramsey! We need to score that!

KESSLER
10-09-2011, 02:04 PM
dangerous FK, hope arteta takes it

Master Splinter
10-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Same old Arsenal, always missing sitters :scarf:.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-09-2011, 02:08 PM

come on you reds

Shit but what a save

Thierrymon
10-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Beanpole looks a bit awkward on the ball. Arteta started brightly though.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Walcott just runs into people

Japan Shaking All Over
10-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Whats the ref doing justifying his appearance money

hobson's choice
10-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Our Football is so not beautiful, so static and slow

KESSLER
if anyone needs it: sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/6816

Özim
Walcott just runs into people
He'll like a small bowling ball trying to knock down giant skittles!

hobson's choice
10-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Finally a bit of drive, and directness

WengerISaLizard
10-09-2011, 02:16 PM
does santos ever smile? i've taken a liking to this mr serious, too many nice guy defenders in our team

KESSLER
10-09-2011, 02:17 PM
cleared off the line ffs

Japan Shaking All Over
10-09-2011, 02:17 PM
Great ball by Arshavin

The Dismantler
10-09-2011, 02:20 PM
ffs!!! why is this thread so slow, people just cant be bovvered to post why?

The Dismantler
10-09-2011, 02:21 PM
plastic fans

hobson's choice
10-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Damn Ramsey if you are gonna call for the ball, do something better. We are starting to look better

hobson's choice
10-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Frimpong needs to be more composed.

hobson's choice
10-09-2011, 02:23 PM
The German doesn't seem comfortable with the ball at his feet

The Dismantler
10-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Pingpong you anus!!!!

hobson's choice
10-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Nice move, terrible finish from Frimpong

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2011, 02:25 PM
plastic fans

The football is so awful it's hard to stay awake. Sagna and Gibbs pretty much kill our play whenever they get the ball and Ramsey has forgotten how to pass. Arteta looks a cut above whet we had before though.

hobson's choice
10-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Arteta linking well so far, RVP needs to get in the game more

Guns of Gibraltar
10-09-2011, 02:27 PM
any links for the game, please

Japan Shaking All Over
Frimpong has an annoying habit. . . .anyone guess what it is?

hobson's choice
The lack of ideas is what really gets me these days, either we try to pass pass, pass, or just send it out wide to Fullback who send in either a bad cross, or a good cross with only one person in the box

Niall_Quinn
Pathetic by Frimpong, hands then a FK on the edge of the box.

WengerISaLizard
10-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Frimpong and gibbs are not good today

hobson's choice
any links for the game, please

http://uefachampionsleague-live.blogspot.com/

Ralpheroo72
Frimpong is a liability

Kaiser
10-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Anyone have a decent quality stream? Veetle and the browser ones suck.

If anyone posts a picture of a stream/river, I'll ban you for the duration of the game.

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Anyone have a decent quality stream? Veetle and the browser ones suck.

If anyone posts a picture of a stream/river, I'll ban you for the duration of the game.
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/82816/1/watch-arsenal-fc-vs-swansea-city.html

Japan Shaking All Over
Arteta linking well so far, RVP needs to get in the game more

You mean get in the game more like that?

hobson's choice
Frimpong looks like he's in danger of picking up a red card every game he plays.

Master Splinter
RVP :doh:.

WTF was that?

Japan Shaking All Over
10-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Kos the furtherest one up in support ummmmmmm hello

Guns of Gibraltar
10-09-2011, 02:32 PM
thanks

hobson's choice
10-09-2011, 02:33 PM
We make it so easy for teams to get back and set up their defense

Kaiser
10-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Thanks NQ!

Japan Shaking All Over
Some things still have changed. . . .shoot!

Niall_Quinn
Walcott is fucking cack at everything except running fast.

Xhaka Can’t
10-09-2011, 02:36 PM

You should read his books.

Thierrymon
10-09-2011, 02:36 PM

KInda like Forest Gump.

gunnerrrrr
10-09-2011, 02:37 PM
why doesnt Wenger change his fucking shit 433 Barca wanabe tactics...they dont work you stupid fuck

Olivier's xmas twist
10-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Getting beat 8-2 seems to have done nothing do this lot ffs. same old shite it seems

gunnerrrrr
Getting beat 8-2 seems to have done nothing do this lot ffs. same old shite it seems
Again this is Wengers fault...he is fast becoming a laughing stock and a mockery

KESSLER

He keeps wanting passes into his feet for some reason. He's so much better running after the ball into space

Japan Shaking All Over
10-09-2011, 02:40 PM
defence still a shambles

Arshavin was walking as the Swansea guy was let in

KESSLER
10-09-2011, 02:40 PM
getting dominated by the swans :(

Thierrymon
10-09-2011, 02:41 PM
The Tubster! Thanks GK.

hobson's choice
Yay

Master Splinter
Arshavin!!!!!!!!

Japan Shaking All Over
10-09-2011, 02:42 PM
wish I could I was happy but. . .lets hope the floodgates open

Olivier's xmas twist
Arshavinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Meh sometimes you need luck

Niall_Quinn
Brilliant Ashavin, picks up a misplaced clearance and slots it away from wide left edge of box.

KESSLER
1-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ralpheroo72
This is shite. Lucky goal, about time we got a bit of luck.

Master Splinter
Never doubted the useless lazy fat useless fuck.

Vorm :haha:.

gunnerrrrr
10-09-2011, 02:43 PM
1532: Juan Mata is having a cracking game for Chelsea at the moment, and seems to be everywhere.

hobson's choice
We need to get them how ever we can, cause by the looks of things, we gonna be struggling for goals this season.

Xhaka Can’t
Swansea can consider themselves unlucky.

KESSLER
:haha: what a goal

Özim
Awful performance so far but we got a lucky goal!

Thierrymon
Their keeper is gonna have nightmares about that :lol:

gunnerrrrr
10-09-2011, 02:44 PM
what is RVP fucking doing

Thierrymon
10-09-2011, 02:45 PM
walcott :lol:

Japan Shaking All Over
10-09-2011, 02:45 PM
FFS Walcott

gunnerrrrr
10-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Walcott is fucking shit

Ralpheroo72
Walcott is absolute pish

Niall_Quinn
I can't believe how Walcott can just keep doing the same pointless shit over and over. Plus Gibbs is an awful defender.

Özim
Based on what we've seen this season, we've got no chance of top 4.

We're pretty average these days.

Japan Shaking All Over
10-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Where's Oxo?
Theo is shit

Buy Hazard

Olivier's xmas twist
I can't believe how Walcott can just keep doing the same pointless shit over and over. Plus Gibbs is an awful defender.

Meh their english, and are filling are quota lol.

gunnerrrrr
Theo you are shit

Ralpheroo72
10-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Walcott is a poor mans Glenn Helder

Niall_Quinn
Terrible shot by Walcott, but a shot at least. Why, against Swansea, are we not sending the ball over the middle to allow Walcott to use his pace and unsettle their defence? Right now Swansea are comfortable.

gunnerrrrr
Schsneszze...lol

hobson's choice
10-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Take off Theo and bring on Yossi, God I wish we had another real striker, cause RVP looks shit for us so far this season

Japan Shaking All Over
10-09-2011, 02:50 PM
And sorry Arshavin is a lazy buzzard
Gunnersaurus puts in more effort than him

Master Splinter
10-09-2011, 02:51 PM
And sorry Arshavin is a lazy buzzard

He just tackled someone as you said that :lol:.

Özim
Wenger's putting on a shower of sh*t on the pitch this season, well done sir!

Master Splinter
Winning while not playing well.

The title is ours.

Xhaka Can’t
10-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Terrible, terrible, absolutely nothing in this performance to provide any hope at all for the season.

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2011, 02:53 PM
HT 1-0 a really poor half of football played at snail's pace and littered with mistakes and lazy play. Ramsey should have at least got his 1st minute shot on target and has been anonymous since. Walcott awful. Merts okay in the air and in the strong challenge but seems a yard behind when Swansea inject pace. Gibbs horrendous, just stands there like a lemon, can't tackle and mostly doesn't even try. Arteta is quality and embarrassingly better than what we had before so a plus there. Only downside about him is he seems to have slotted seamlessly into our tip-tap-tedium.

Joker
10-09-2011, 02:55 PM
What a shite performance. We're really lucky to be leading 1-0. Walcott has been awful, this guy doesn't seem to be getting better. His decision making is terrible, and he's incable of delivering good crosses. All he's good at is running really fast in a straight line.

If this is what is to come for the rest of the season, this is going to be one long, hard year for us.

And RVP has been poor as well. Bring Young on please.

Xhaka Can’t
10-09-2011, 02:55 PM
tip-tap-tedium.

That is what it is.

Tip tap tedium for 50 quid a match.

Niall_Quinn
10-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Sweet - we're getting all the half time goals and action from around the league on Fox Soccer.

Syn
10-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Boring stuff; hoping to see Park Young in the second half. The smart move would be to take Arshavin off and put Benayoun on - I think Benayoun would be a 'busier' play to make sure we push forward.

There's clearly no statement of intent here - nobody's looking to prove a point...which is disappointing, I guess. It's just a case of trying to pick up 3 points and against Swansea at home that should never really be an issue.

Joker
RVP is going to have a season like Cesc this year. He's been made captain effectively as a bribe so that he signs a contract. However, he's going to stink the place up this season, playing consistently shite but not being dropped by Wenger. At the end of the season, he'll whine that the club can't match his ambitions, and he'll be off.
This guy really is a charlatan IMO.

Niall_Quinn
What a shite performance. We're really lucky to be leading 1-0. Walcott has been awful, this guy doesn't seem to be getting better. His decision making is terrible, and he's incable of delivering good crosses. All he's good at is running really fast in a straight line.

If this is what is to come for the rest of the season, this is going to be one long, hard year for us.

And RVP has been poor as well. Bring Young on please.

For the first time ever you are right about RvP. He's been poor today. Then again having to rely on Gibbs, Sagna and Walcott to link the play doesn't give him much chance except through the middle where he's sort of got a few things going with Arteta. Arteta must be laughing his arse off at how slow we play, easy street compared to any normal PL team.

Power n Glory
10-09-2011, 02:59 PM
The front 3 just aren't working well together. None of them are playing in their preferred positions and they're trying to switch and swap but it's not working out. I see Theo and Arshavin and swapping flanks and going to the centre while RVP hasn't got a clue where to go. It's mess up front.

Niall_Quinn
RVP is going to have a season like Cesc this year. He's been made captain effectively as a bribe so that he signs a contract. However, he's going to stink the place up this season, playing consistently shite but not being dropped by Wenger. At the end of the season, he'll whine that the club can't match his ambitions, and he'll be off.
This guy really is a charlatan IMO.

And then you ruined it.

Joker
For the first time ever you are right about RvP. He's been poor today. Then again having to rely on Gibbs, Sagna and Walcott to link the play doesn't give him much chance except through the middle where he's sort of got a few things going with Arteta. Arteta must be laughing his arse off at how slow we play, easy street compared to any normal PL team.

Arteta's probably thinking how much more fluent Everton were compared to us today.

Fats
10-09-2011, 03:02 PM
RVP is isolated this 4-5-1 is bollox

Syn
10-09-2011, 03:04 PM
On the goal...that was pretty well taken by fat arse, wasn't it? Looked quite difficult on the replay - first time, fairly tight angle. Natural ability imho.

Özim
10-09-2011, 03:04 PM
I think Arshavin has done OK compared to the rest of the shower of sh*t out there.

Joker
10-09-2011, 03:05 PM
I think Arshavin has done OK compared to the rest of the shower of sh*t out there.

We're just so boring these days. Watching the game, you know exactly what we're going to do in attack, so no wonder the opposition can stop us so easily.

Özim
10-09-2011, 03:06 PM
We're just so boring these days. Watching the game, you know exactly what we're going to do in attack, so no wonder the opposition can stop us so easily.
I agree, the 1st half was very boring indeed.

After getting hammered 8-2 you'd have expected Wenger to have them ready to prove a point out there today.

But this is Wenger we're talking about, his teams never seem to have anything to prove.

Master Splinter
10-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Ramsey the GHEL :bow:.

Master Splinter
10-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Great reffing :bow:.

Özim
10-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Walnut bag o' shite.

Gets a yellow too, f*cker.

hobson's choice
10-09-2011, 03:11 PM
:lol:Swansea are an even shittier version of us

Olivier's xmas twist
I agree, the 1st half was very boring indeed.

After getting hammered 8-2 you'd have expected Wenger to have them ready to prove a point out there today.

But this is Wenger we're talking about, his teams never seem to have anything to prove.

Not really its not like they had 2 weeks off to train was it or time to ghel, you'd expect the players top fucking man up and respond.

Özim
:lol:Swansea are an even shittier version of us
Not a laughing matter really, we're suppose to be a top club.

Instead we look like a glorified Championship side these days.

Niall_Quinn
Arshy having a conference with Theo, "Ay, Ay, why you so sheeet?"