PDA

View Full Version : Gay Paris

Letters
06-09-2011, 10:17 PM
So come on then. What should I do in Paris? Been there quite a few times and done all the obvious things.
MrsL's never been so we'll have to do some of them again, any other things we could do?
Coney mentions Versailles (sp?) which is a good idea and I've put on our 'to do' list, I have been there but years and years ago so it's worth another visit.
What else?
Any restaurants to recommend?

GP
06-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Take her up the Louvre

fakeyank
06-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Paris is one of the shittiest cities I have traveled to in developed world. I cant think of anything good other than the Eiffel tower. I missed visiting the Louvre the last time I was there coz that piece of shit was closed on a tuesday <_< but I think you have already seen that..

Marc Overmars
06-09-2011, 10:53 PM
The Louvre is very good. I'm not an art fan in the slightest but I thought it was cool.

Notre-Dame?

Dunno much really apart from the obvious stuff. Bastille was the area I spent most of my time in, mainly getting smashed tbh. If you're both game then I recommend that!

It's a shame you're not going at Christmas, Mrs L would probably love the Christmas Market they have on then. That scored me some serious points with the missus.

fakeyank
06-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Ooh do the bateaux mouche or something like that. Its a ride along the river Siene(?).. that was pretty cool and you saw everything there is to see. Special mention to the food.. it was hideous.. might as well pack your food (curry) from Engerland!

Master Splinter
07-09-2011, 02:28 AM
Notre-Dame?

:gp:

You'd fit right in tbh.

With the birds.

By birds I meant Gargoyles.

Letters
07-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Take her up the Louvre

I'll take her right up the Eiffel Tower.

Not sure about The Louvre. Every time I've been in there I've come out with sore feet and backache. It's way too big.
And frankly I'd only go there to see The Mona Lisa which is always disappointing anyway.
Musee d'Orsee ftw.

LDG
07-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Drive out of Paris and go to Euro Disney. Much more funner.

Letters
07-09-2011, 09:23 AM
We've already got 2 day passes for that, MrsL's not been there either.

Coney
07-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Small enough but good enough - not you, but the Musee Rodin. It is on the corner of the Rue De Varennes and the Boulevard Invalides, near Napolean's Tomb and the southern end of Place Invalides. The museum has a shed load of sculpture by Rodin in the building, including the marble 'The Kiss' (http://www.tate.org.uk/collection/N/N06/N06228_8.jpg) and in the garden are several bronzes including The Thinker (http://www.connorgouge.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/the-thinker.jpg) and the haunting 'Burgers of Calais' (below) which is my favourite sculpture - I presume you know the story. What I like is that you can spend just half an hour and take in the stuff without having to spend all day bored to death. Good for a quick snippet of quality 'culture' without losing the rest of the day. If you do it early and then walk up the side of Place Invalides (the East side), just before you get to the river, there is a railway station with regular trains to Versailles (two stations in Versailles, equidistant from the palace so either is good). The train goes alongside the Seine for a lot of the journey.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_UKzHApuyuD4/TNyNDO9X93I/AAAAAAAABHE/Y-ktG6fyD4c/s1600/rodin5.jpg

Letters
07-09-2011, 12:46 PM
I presume you know the story.

You presume wrong.
*Googles*. Oh I see
But thanks. :good:

IBK
07-09-2011, 12:55 PM
You presume wrong.
*Googles*. Oh I see
But thanks. :good:

Make sure you eat/drink on the left bank if you want to stay solvent. Sacre Coeur is Cool - great views and lively streetlife in Montmatre.

Coney
07-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Make sure you eat/drink on the left bank if you want to stay solvent. Sacre Coeur is Cool - great views and lively streetlife in Montmatre.

Yep. Nice views.

Eating.... Go to the St Michel Fountain - top end of the Bou-mich (Boulevard Saint Michel) near, surprisingly, Saint Michel Metro. If you face the river, then behind the buildings to your right, the side streets there have loads of restaurants. Tip on your first night is go there and see which restaurants have loads of Parisiennes queuing outside. On the second night, go early to that restaurant!

LDG
07-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Ask Handy where she's going and go somewhere else?

Flavs
07-09-2011, 02:33 PM
We've already got 2 day passes for that, MrsL's not been there either.

you're a fucking faggot mate

Letters
07-09-2011, 02:34 PM
:lol: Actually we're going to meet her and Mr her for dinner on the Saturday.

Flavs
07-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Paris is one of the shittiest cities I have traveled to in developed world.

and coming from an american that's saying something

Flavs
07-09-2011, 02:49 PM
:lol: Actually we're going to meet her and Mr her for dinner on the Saturday.
i dont understand that and of course was just joking, but my experience of Paris isnt a fond one, its a bit of shit whole compared to the south of France which is stunning.

Of course the main problem with France is its full of French people.

Letters
07-09-2011, 03:29 PM
it was a reply to LDG. Handy and MrHandy are going there for the weekend while we'll be there so we're going to meet up.

I really like Paris, one of my favourite cities. It would be better without the French people but whaddaya do?
And Parisian women are mostly stunning :dance:

hymppi
07-09-2011, 04:48 PM
i've heard only good things about soup du jour.

dazthegooner
08-09-2011, 09:08 AM
The last time I visited Paris was for the champions league final so not good memories :(

Coney
08-09-2011, 11:38 AM
i've heard only good things about soup du jour.

Letters will definitely go for that.