PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 10 years later - Memorial Service

Japan Shaking All Over
11-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Has been going on around for about 45 minutes to an hour

I am sorry there may be those that say that America deserved it and have strong opinion about what happened after and what we still have going on. . . . .

but I would just like to use this as a moment to remember the 3000+ innocent people of every age, nationality, relgion and political belief among the numerous similarities/differences.

It is truely heart wrenching to see the children who lost their parents.

May those that lost their lives rest in peace.

McNamara That Ghost...
11-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Found it really hard to watch any of the services or programmes about it. Not sure why, I've seen a fair few since it happened but it has really got to me for the ones today.

Marc Overmars
11-09-2011, 03:22 PM
RIP to all the innocent victims. :rose:

Greatest country in the world tbh.

USA USA USA.

Coney
11-09-2011, 03:46 PM
I still wonder what went through the heads of the people trapped in the North Tower, watching the other tower being hit, watching it collapse and then knowing they were likely to be in a collapsing building too, with nothing they could do about it.

America might have deserved a kick in the pants for some of their actions and politics but I would not have wished this on anyone.

Sadly Bush just cynically used the attack by Al Qaida to exploit racist tendancies* and use it as an excuse to get rid of Sadam Hussein so Iraqi oil could go back on the world markets and reduce the price of petrol for the American motorist.

* Although Al Qaida were hardly friends of Sadam - (as they would be a potential threat to him and he would have killed any of them he could lay his hands on) - because the suicide teams were "arabs/muslims" and were therefore 'the same', Bush was able to attack Sadam without the US public complaining as he was attacking the 'same people'.

Syn
11-09-2011, 03:59 PM
The worst thing is that horrible shit like this happens quite often but as it's not America or the UK, relatively little attention is put on it.

Anyway - it's not the fault of the victims or their familes. RIP - hope the families affected were able to move on the best they could.