View Full Version : Good Bye RVP!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

I_Killed_Kenny
06-10-2011, 10:08 AM
and so it starts

http://www.teamtalk.com/arsenal/7226817/Van-Persie-unsure-of-future

Joker
06-10-2011, 10:19 AM
This idiot should realise he's part of the reason we've done so shit in the league this season. I'm sick and tired of these twats acting as if they are somehow separate from what happens on the pitch. If he wants to leave I say we let him.

Flavs
06-10-2011, 10:24 AM
If he wants to leave I say we let him.

:faint:

I_Killed_Kenny
06-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Killer line

"I think the Premiership is still the best league in the world, it gives me everything I want" just doesnt say with which club though!

ofcourse he will say he was misquoted or whatever

Joker
06-10-2011, 10:25 AM
:faint:

And get someone more reliable and a better all round footballer.

LDG
06-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Money talks.

So much for the tax hike on higher earners scaring players away.

Fucking disgusting.

I really am starting to hate football. What is the point in it all....

Flavs
And get someone more reliable and a better all round footballer.

yeah cos there are "literally" thousands of those who would come and play for us aren't there.

I_Killed_Kenny
all this crap is making me sick. just throw in the reserves like aneke, afobe, lansbury... they are the ones that seem that they want to stay and fight for their place etc. all the 1st team seem disenchanted! BUT IMO we cant let RVP leave. but weng wont do anything to convince him and nor will his shitty team mates!

Flavs
I really am starting to hate football. What is the point in it all....

Its less homo-erotic than rugby?

LDG
06-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Its less homo-erotic than rugby?

Depends if Dennis Bergkamp's playing tbf :loveblush:

IBK
06-10-2011, 11:25 AM
I have been consistent in my scorn for our want away footballers up to this point, but honestly, the way we are going I would find it difficult to criticise RVP for wanting away. Really, unless there is a massive turn around in our season, what incentive do our best players have to stay, while the failing regime cycles on and on...?

Kano
06-10-2011, 11:26 AM
This idiot should realise he's part of the reason we've done so shit in the league this season. I'm sick and tired of these twats acting as if they are somehow separate from what happens on the pitch. If he wants to leave I say we let him.

he'll end up at citeh, so you should be over the moon

Flavs
06-10-2011, 11:27 AM
he'll end up at citeh, so you should be over the moon

The Blue moon?

Fats
06-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Why would he want to stay???

I_Killed_Kenny
06-10-2011, 11:37 AM
he wouldnt get any shwarmas up in manchester?

Flavs
06-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Good by RVP, though we never knew you at all, you had the goals in that left foot, while other missed the target. They slipped and hit the woodwork and then cursed into your face, jealous of your windmill and they even accused you of rape...

And it seems to me, you lived your life like a Tulip in the wind...

Power n Glory
06-10-2011, 11:40 AM
I have been consistent in my scorn for our want away footballers up to this point, but honestly, the way we are going I would find it difficult to criticise RVP for wanting away. Really, unless there is a massive turn around in our season, what incentive do our best players have to stay, while the failing regime cycles on and on...?

Exactly. Why would any player want to sacrifice his remaining years at the top level to a club that's unwilling to make a similar sort of sacrifice? If we're unwilling to what's neccessary to win trophies, then why sign a new deal?

I don't any of the players that have left recently. If we'd have shown some ambition and intent, we wouldn't be talking about such things.

I_Killed_Kenny
06-10-2011, 11:43 AM
come january when we will need to make some signings for the squad and to show our intentions to any want away players we wont. AW will come out with the usual all the good players are cup tied and we only want those super quality players.

Syn
06-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Good by RVP, though we never knew you at all, you had the goals in that left foot, while other missed the target. They slipped and hit the woodwork and then cursed into your face, jealous of your windmill and they even accused you of rape...

And it seems to me, you lived your life like a Tulip in the wind...

:lol:

LDG
06-10-2011, 12:03 PM

Chrissie
06-10-2011, 12:11 PM

selassie
06-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Off he goes.

fakeyank
06-10-2011, 03:55 PM
come january when we will need to make some signings for the squad and to show our intentions to any want away players we wont. AW will come out with the usual all the good players are cup tied and we only want those super quality players.

Like Koscielny, Squillaci, Benayoun (:lol:), Jenkinson, Diaby, Denilson, Chamakh! :good:

Boss
06-10-2011, 03:56 PM
No surprise that he wants to go.

No chance of keeping our decent players until Wenger leaves.

I_Killed_Kenny
06-10-2011, 03:57 PM
or even, super super players. wont be holding my breath!

Ollie the Optimist
06-10-2011, 04:04 PM
where in the article does he say he wants to go?

I_Killed_Kenny
06-10-2011, 04:08 PM
where in the article does he say he wants to go?

he doesnt but he isnt making a strong case for staying either. ofcourse the press have probably spun it to sensationalise a few points but as our captain he should be more positive and sound more committed to the cause. thats just my opinion.

it basically does sound like he is pimping himself. i suppose it may be also to pressurise the board for top dolla or ambitious signings but general feeling in that is he is considering leaving. thats just me.

Letters
06-10-2011, 04:14 PM

I'm not sure that's fair, he's one of the few players who has looked to have real quality and I can understand him being frustrated at the summer's transfer activity as are we all.

Ollie the Optimist
06-10-2011, 04:15 PM
he doesnt

oh good, can we stop the rvp bashing then as he hasnt said he wants to go and stop assuming he said it.

Marc Overmars
06-10-2011, 04:56 PM
He's in the prime of his career and at 28 he's at the right stage for a big move, the older he gets the less likely that is to happen. Although I reckon RVP could play at a high level well into his 30's because of his ability to drop deep. He's the only player to come out of 2011 with any real credibility. Cesc and Nasri crawled into their shells when things went to shit, RVP hasn't and for that reason I wouldn't begrudge him a move.

He's quality, a real fighter and I sincerely hope we do all we can, even if it means breaking the bank to keep him.

Olivier's xmas twist
06-10-2011, 05:36 PM

How exactly is he supposed to do it all on his own. End of the day the sqaud is shit RvP or No RvP. if with Messi in his place we'd still struggle.

Don't blame RVP for wanting to go he desrves success and its not like he could get it here anytime soon if things don't change.

Ollie the Optimist
06-10-2011, 05:39 PM
This idiot should realise he's part of the reason we've done so shit in the league this season.

yep 20 goals in 25 games since january is fucking awful and he clearly hasnt put any effort in. your hatred of rvp is just fucktarded. you cannot blame him for not doing enough, i dont know anyone in the league bar rooney who has scored more then him since jan. but of course thats not enough is it for you. i mean a striker scoring goals and regularly, fuck me hes shit

bignev
06-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Of course he wants to leave. He's one of the top strikers in the world and he's spent most of his career with us winning precisely fuck all.

We have no hope of winning anything so he's gone for some medals and some glory. Can't blame him at all.

Master Splinter
06-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Afobe :bow:.

Cripps_orig
06-10-2011, 07:23 PM
bye

hymppi
06-10-2011, 07:26 PM
i just realized that van persie is the last player still playing for arsenal whose jersey i have. (what a fucking stupid sentence...)
reyes. long gone.
pires. long gone.
fabregas. fucked off.
nasri. exploded like a spinal tap drummer.
van persie. going soon?
(man, i should buy squillaci's jersey)

Cripps_orig
06-10-2011, 07:31 PM
i just realized that van persie is the last player still playing for arsenal whose jersey i have. (what a fucking stupid sentence...)
reyes. long gone.
pires. long gone.
fabregas. fucked off.
nasri. exploded like a spinal tap drummer.
van persie. going soon?
(man, i should buy squillaci's jersey)

Koscielnys first

-Xs-
06-10-2011, 11:21 PM
He was gone as soon as he was given the captaincy.

Tipsychubbs
07-10-2011, 01:36 AM
TBH, I can't blame him, whenever he has been fit, he's put the effort in. You can't argue with his goalscoring record recently as well. But he's currently playing with a crappy team who are an embarrasment for teamwork and defending, while Cesc is playing with Messi/Xavi/Iniesta/Villa and Nasri is playing with Aguero/Silva/Toure/Balotelli etc.

The Captain's Curse. Who's gonna get it next, Wilshere?

-Xs-
07-10-2011, 03:34 AM
It's not a curse, it Arsenes' poor attempt at installing loyalty in the top players who he knows will have their heads turned by more lucrative promises of success and/or financial rewards elsewhere. It's both misguided and obvious.

Tipsychubbs
07-10-2011, 04:01 AM
I know, that's what I meant as a curse. Wenger uses it to try and make the big players stay, but it doesn't work due to a lack of team investment/winning trophies, in that way it is like a curse :)

-Xs-
07-10-2011, 07:23 AM
:)

Annoys me he does it everytime. Vermy for me should have been cap'n, although, having said that, he's never fit, so I guess with the rvp situation, I'm struggling to think who else it could have been? We don't seem to have too many leaders these days, yet another issue with arsenal at the moment..

Unai Tea
07-10-2011, 07:37 AM
It's a sad indictment of a player's fitness when he's deemed less reliable than Van Persie.

Vermaelen :rose:

Özim
07-10-2011, 07:48 AM
If he leaves can't blame him, why would any top player want to stay with the stuff that's been happening in the last few years, Wengers spirit and togetherness nonsense and his words about not wanting to kill the youngsters really do make him look like a total fool, his opinion that he can hold onto players he wants when he doesn't buy quality, doesn't address problems in the team and watching helplessly as his team collapse every season is misguided.

I blame Wenger for us not being able to hold onto anyone, he's the guy happy to put finances over success, he's the manager after all if he didn't believe in this policy he could try and do something about it.

Japan Shaking All Over
07-10-2011, 11:04 AM
I'm not sure that's fair, he's one of the few players who has looked to have real quality and I can understand him being frustrated at the summer's transfer activity as are we all.

fair - Joker - :p

Flavs
07-10-2011, 11:08 AM
your hatred of rvp is just fucktarded.

So's your face

I_Killed_Kenny
07-10-2011, 01:22 PM
nicked this from another forum, thought it had some pretty good points

Haven't been on here for a while. Last Sunday was particularly depressing as Spuds played as badly as they have all season and we still didn't give them a game at all. Bit of possession in midfield but we're all long enough enough in tooth not to be swayed by possession stats. But that will have been debated to death on here. What I wanted to talk about is RVP. Without doubt the best player in the team, the only world class talent (I'd probably put Verm and Sagna in there at a push), and our only goal threat. HOWEVER his contract's up when he's 30, and he'll be asking for a wage comparable to that that City would offer. Is he worth that as a 30 year old with a more-than-checkered injury record? I would also argue that he is far from the number 9 lone striker that Wenger plays him in. With Cesc and Nasri's departure, the quality he feeds off is greatly reduced, and there's no guarantee we'll be able to reproduce the quality Cesc provided him even if we did splurge a load of cash over the next 12 months. Obviously if money were no object, you'd give him whatever he wants and buy 'a Cesc' to provide the ammunition, but that clearly isn't an option. I think RVP has looked a little lost at times this year, largely to the incompotence of our midfield. But with his noises he made this week, and the fact that in my opinion Wenger will continue to play him slightly out of position, I would probably advise against a longish term £150k a week contract for a injury prone 30 year old. Hopefully that makes some sort of sense.Sensible comments welcome.

Japan Shaking All Over
07-10-2011, 03:13 PM
I could accept the loss of any player especially one that doesnt want to stay a la Nasbo, but I have not confidence in Wengers ability to replace the quality lost.

I would not like us to lose RvP if we think that 10 mil would be what it takes to replace him, however Kenny I hear what you are saying thay only Citeh can pay stupid money to a 30 year old, I dont think we have to go to such extremes to keep Robin but we will need to pay more and surround him with some talent

selassie
08-10-2011, 06:29 PM
I personally think RVP is as good as gone. Arsene won't buy the quality required to keep our remaining top class players at the club & he certainly won't fight to keep RVP here by offering him a bumper contract IMHO.

PGFC
08-10-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm surprised that RvP seems to have survived international duty without one of his legs becoming detached from the rest of his body, must be a sign :wave:

Cripps_orig
08-10-2011, 09:16 PM
One more game to go

Olivier's xmas twist
09-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Robin van Persie has backed Arsenal to recover from their miserable start to the season and begin climbing the Premier League table.

Arsene Wenger's side endured a summer of turmoil with the departures of key midfielders Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri to Barcelona and Manchester City, respectively.

And they have struggled for form on the field too, with just seven points garnered from their opening seven fixtures in the Premier League to sit 15th in the table.

An 8-2 drubbing at Manchester United was followed by an embarrassing 4-3 reverse at Blackburn and in their last outing the Gunners suffered a 2-1 reverse at the hands of local rivals Tottenham.

But captain Van Persie insists there is no need to panic and is confident Wenger and his players can get back to winning ways soon.

Not good
"I have every trust in the things we are doing within the club," he told the Sunday Mirror.

"There is only a fine line between winning and losing. Just look at our last match against Spurs. We could have won that game with the chances we had. There is no need to panic for anyone.

"Our start is not good. I would have felt better if we had won the derby. We didn't and right now there is a negative feeling. But I assure you, it is not all that negative.

"It is up to us, players and staff, to sort it out on the pitch."

Treasure
Van Persie's own future remains the subject of much speculation, with the Holland international reiterating that he is not looking too far ahead at present.

He added: "I am not going to make any statements about my future. Not now, not for a while.

"I've been at Arsenal eight years and that is quite extraordinary these days. Which is why I treasure this. What my future will bring, nobody knows.

"I can understand people are curious, but I am just dedicated to everything at

Arsenal right now.".

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7232219,00.html

Cripps_orig
09-10-2011, 01:48 PM
bye

Cripps_orig
10-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Anzhi are after him

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3863647/Anzhi-Makhachkala-target-Robin-van-Persie-and-Nicolas-Anelka.html

Olivier's xmas twist
10-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Anzhi are after him

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3863647/Anzhi-Makhachkala-target-Robin-van-Persie-and-Nicolas-Anelka.html

Can't see him going there, then again if they are offering 250K a week might be a bit hard for him to turn down at his age

Olivier's xmas twist
12-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Arsenal captain Robin Van Persie sells house as rumours regarding his future build up – Premier League Update

Arsenal striker Robin Van Persie has add more doubt to his future at the Emirates, as the player has now gone on and sold his house.

The player was previously caught stating that he wasn’t sure of his future at the moment and that he would decide what to do, when the time was right. That being said, the player’s contract is set to run out in the near future and the time for him to decide what to do is now or never.

The striker has been linked with moves to Real Madrid and Manchester City and from the looks of things, he could potentially be on his way out sooner, rather than later.

Van Persie believes that he has spent a long time with Arsenal and despite winning a few trophies with the team; he seems to have not achieved his full potential.

Manchester City are currently looking to offload Carlos Tevez, who seems to have problems of his own with the club. As a result, the team has now turned to Van Persie are being the ideal replacement for the Argentine forward. According to rumours, the Manchester based club are going to make an offer for the Dutch striker in January and will be looking to include Tevez as part of the deal.

It is uncertain if Arsenal are going to cave into City and their offers for the player, but what can be said assuredly, is that Van Persie might just be looking to push for the move.

The fact that the player has sold his house in London, is a massive clue as to what he is planning. At the same time, his former teammates seem to be having the time of their lives at the Etihad Stadium and perhaps the Gunners captain is now looking to end his career on a high.

All in all, it is now a wait to see just what Van Persie has to say about his future, since all we have at the moment are rumours to get by on.

http://blogs.bettor.com/Arsenal-captain-Robin-Van-Persie-sells-house-as-rumours-regarding-his-future-build-up-Premier-League-Update-a103157

Ollie the Optimist
12-10-2011, 06:39 PM
http://blogs.bettor.com/Arsenal-captain-Robin-Van-Persie-sells-house-as-rumours-regarding-his-future-build-up-Premier-League-Update-a103157

no quotes, no sources, no info just rumours therefore massive amount of horseshit

Cripps_orig
12-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Van Persie believes that he has spent a long time with Arsenal and despite winning a few trophies with the team; he seems to have not achieved his full potential.

What few trophies would these be then?

Marc Overmars
12-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Emirates Cup?

Amsterdam Tourney?

Morally Superior Cup?

Ollie the Optimist
12-10-2011, 07:58 PM
What few trophies would these be then?

hes won the fa cup just that though

Özim
12-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Beginning to think he'll be off soon, when we inevitably suffer our end of season collapse and win f*ck all again he'll be thinking he's had enough of this team of bottlers and will want a move to a club where he can win something.

He's said he's been here 8 years which is already a hint that he's thinking that's a decent stint, at his age if he wants to win some medals it would be a good idea to find a club to match his ambitions.

Just a shame we can't shift the one thing we desperately need to, the guy whose lack of ability is leaving us with no success and no quality players.

fakeyank
12-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Beginning to think he'll be off soon, when we inevitably suffer our end of season collapse and win f*ck all again he'll be thinking he's had enough of this team of bottlers and will want a move to a club where he can win something.

He's said he's been here 8 years which is already a hint that he's thinking that's a decent stint, at his age if he wants to win some medals it would be a good idea to find a club to match his ambitions.

Just a shame we can't shift the one thing we desperately need to, the guy whose lack of ability is leaving us with no success and no quality players.

This season looks like an all season collapse. Be lucky to be in top 10

Olivier's xmas twist
13-10-2011, 09:57 AM
This season looks like an all season collapse. Be lucky to be in top 10

Rubbish there are easily 14 teams worse then us

Marc Overmars
13-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Rubbish there are easily 14 teams worse then us

Not a lot to base that on though.

dazthegooner
13-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Baring in mind we have bought a load of players they will need time to gel (hopefully very soon :pray:)

Letters
13-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Not a lot to base that on though.

There's not a lot to base any assessment of this squad on really.
Utd away, Spurs away and Liverpool at home are tricky games in any season. In the last two of those we were a little unlucky to come away with nothing (didn't see the Spurs game but a fan of theirs emailed me after and said he thought we'd been a little unlucky, I was at the Liverpool game and but for the sending off I think we'd have got a point).

We've looked pretty poor at times this season and not bad at others. Which sort of screams "mid-table" at me but it's fairly early days yet.

Marc Overmars
13-10-2011, 11:21 AM
It's not like those games with Liverpool and Spurs were anomalies, as in we were winning all our other games and were just a little unlucky in those. I can't remember the last time we won back to back league games. We were lucky to beat Swansea so you can't look back at what might have been. It's just an assumption now, a stab in the dark if you like, to think we will suddenly find some sort consistency, when that hasn't been displayed for 20 odd games now.

Everything points to mid table unless we see an overnight transformation.

LDG
13-10-2011, 11:56 AM
It's not like those games with Liverpool and Spurs were anomalies, as in we were winning all our other games and were just a little unlucky in those. I can't remember the last time we won back to back league games. We were lucky to beat Swansea so you can't look back at what might have been. It's just an assumption now, a stab in the dark if you like, to think we will suddenly find some sort consistency, when that hasn't been displayed for 20 odd games now.

Everything points to mid table unless we see an overnight transformation.

Well, the defence is fucking shoddy as fuck. We all know that, which puts all kinds of pressure on the rest of the team.

Confidence is low. Inexperience from Jenko, Gibbs, PingPong etc. No other recognised striker than RVP.

Basically, despite playing well enough in some matches (Spuds, Liverpool) we've still gone on and lost. And it's the confidence of the team that has done that.

The ability (whilst not anywhere near City) is good, the application and working model of it is fucked up. I still think we have a very good team. Arteta, Arshavin, RVP, Mertesecker, hjdksf.ds, Sagna, Verms, Song, Theo etc etc etc, are a match for anyone. It's the application of that talent....where fergie can make Park play well, we can't make Arshavin (by far the more gifted player) do a job.

Go figure.

But we ain't mid-table. Our form is though.

Letters
13-10-2011, 02:34 PM
But we ain't mid-table. Our form is though.

That.

We have more points now than Liverpool did last season.
It took a change of manager to get them going (although frankly, 'King Kenny's record isn't that impressive), if the players have lost faith in Wenger then maybe we need to change manager to revive our form but the players are better than mid-table, the way they're playing right now isn't. If they can get a few results and restore some confidence then things will get better, if we can't it could be a long, hard season.

PGFC
13-10-2011, 02:56 PM

He's had enough? nigh on 8 years as a part-timer? the only thing he can be relied on to do is get fucking injured in an International friendly, if the team fails he's got to shoulder a fair proportion of the blame not get fucking sympathy the poor lamb, he wants to stop talking up his prospects of a move and start working on his set pieces, what is it? 3 fucking years since our free-kick specialist has scored from one?

Marc Overmars
13-10-2011, 03:07 PM
I was watching a video of RVP's freekicks pre-2008. He was pretty awesome.

Dunno what the fuck happened there though.

PGFC
13-10-2011, 03:09 PM

Too hard to score a free-kick from the treatment table probably.

Letters
13-10-2011, 03:09 PM

When in doubt, blame Wenger.

Marc Overmars
13-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Wengeritis? :bow:

PGFC
13-10-2011, 03:12 PM

When in doubt, blame Wenger.

Nah, only an idiot would do that.

Cripps_orig
13-10-2011, 03:36 PM
4 wins in 18 would suggest its relegation form, not mid table and the only reason we arent in the bottom 3 atm is cos of the summer

Ollie the Optimist
13-10-2011, 03:43 PM
4 wins in 18 would suggest its relegation form, not mid table and the only reason we arent in the bottom 3 atm is cos of the summer

just out of interest what has the summer got to do with it?

edit: just realised you meant without playing in the summer not our signings

Olivier's xmas twist
13-10-2011, 05:58 PM
He's had enough? nigh on 8 years as a part-timer? the only thing he can be relied on to do is get fucking injured in an International friendly, if the team fails he's got to shoulder a fair proportion of the blame not get fucking sympathy the poor lamb, he wants to stop talking up his prospects of a move and start working on his set pieces, what is it? 3 fucking years since our free-kick specialist has scored from one?

This just sell the cunt to tghe Russians for 50 Mill and build the team around that. sellling him won't be a loss as most thing if we got a decent fee for him tbh.

fakeyank
13-10-2011, 06:00 PM
This just sell the cunt to tghe Russians for 50 Mill and build the team around that. sellling him won't be a loss as most thing if we got a decent fee for him tbh.

AW will give the 50 million back to the board because it will kill the other strikers

Power n Glory
13-10-2011, 06:16 PM

Wash and repeat, man. It's deja vu.

Joker
13-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Anymore whinging from RVP and we should bench him for the rest of the year and sell him in January.

Olivier's xmas twist
13-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Anymore whinging from RVP and we should bench him for the rest of the year and sell him in January.

WTF you on about, he never Whinged at all.

Japan Shaking All Over
14-10-2011, 06:57 AM

I was under the impression we were going to do that with the money we got from Cesc and Nas. . . .I know there are other areas to keep in mind but I would pick up Drogba and pay the disgusting amount in wages for Tevez (It would be disgusting, wouldnt it?)

Ollie the Optimist
15-10-2011, 10:38 AM

can you give me a direct quote from RVP where he is whinging please or are you just seeing any article without quotes or sources and having a go at him?

Coney
15-10-2011, 10:41 AM
can you give me a direct quote from RVP where he is whinging please or are you just seeing any article without quotes or sources and having a go at him?

There is a clue in his handle. :good:

Xhaka Can’t
15-10-2011, 12:33 PM
There is a clue in his handle. :good:

That's a big 10-4 good buddy!

Give me your 20 then 10-3 cuz I got a 10-17 to take care of.

PGFC
16-10-2011, 04:52 PM

That worked well :good: the power of GW eh?

Marc Overmars
16-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Perry. :bow:

Next Arsenal manager tbh.

Syn
16-10-2011, 05:01 PM
:haha:

Sirjackofwilshere
16-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Rofl we need Joker to moan about RVP

RVP :bow:

Joker :bow: :pal:

GunnerFan4Life
16-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Rvp is committed, but he hasn't said he'll sign a new contract which worries me :unsure:

milla
16-10-2011, 06:53 PM
This is what ******* said about RVP current contract situation.

on Van Persie's contract…
It depends what you call commitment. For me commitment is not about how long you are at a club. As long as you are at a club you will give 100 per cent until the last day of your contract. That for me is what you call commitment. The length of a contract is completely different. For me you have players who have ten-year contracts who don't give full commitment, and for me it is not about the length of a contract. He knows that we are ready to talk about it but the most important thing is today and how much you are committed to the cause as long as you are at the Club.

on a new deal for Van Persie being the 'ideal situation'…
Unfortunately the ideal situation in football does not exist often. The ideal situation is that he extends his contract but if he doesn't you have to respect that. You know what is important is that he plays like he plays because we are all here to see special football players and he is a special football player.

Bye bye RVP. After this I dont think I'll have favourite player at this club, at least not with current dross. :coffee:

Olivier's xmas twist
16-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Rvp is committed, but he hasn't said he'll sign a new contract which worries me :unsure:

No need for Worry, if he goes and he we get a good fee for him then good if he stays and signs a new deal then good.

Joker
16-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Rofl we need Joker to moan about RVP

Joker :bow: :pal:

That was a very good performance from him today, but he needs to do it consistently now.

Marc Overmars
16-10-2011, 08:32 PM
He has been pretty consistent this year. You won't find many better in this league. In fact it's quite remarkable how he's done this with the turd burglars he calls teammates.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-10-2011, 09:00 PM
That was a very good performance from him today, but he needs to do it consistently now.

Its not that easy when your basically do it on your own, your post would be better if you saud, the team needs to help him more like it did today.

Its like Gerrard 2 seasons ago when pool were shite, He did it himself and sometimes played rubbish and was not helped at all.

Ollie the Optimist
16-10-2011, 09:03 PM

oh dear god please tell me that comment is a joke. its not like he has scored 20 odd goals in 2011 in about 27 games.

McNamara That Ghost...
16-10-2011, 09:19 PM
23 this year. If Messi and Ronaldo weren't such freaks we'd be going :wacko:.

Ollie the Optimist
16-10-2011, 09:58 PM

so 23 goals since january in about 27 games. which is just under a goal a game and joker says he needs to be more consistent. :lol:

Marc Overmars
16-10-2011, 10:23 PM

:lol: True.

They've taken freak mode to a new level.

There are a few strikers with very, very prolific records at the moment but they don't get enough credit because of the aforementioned 2.

Olivier's xmas twist
16-10-2011, 10:47 PM
oh dear god please tell me that comment is a joke. its not like he has scored 20 odd goals in 2011 in about 27 games.

Makes you wonder about posters sometimes.

Master Splinter
17-10-2011, 02:26 AM
PL goals since January 1: 1) Van Persie 23 goals in 25 games. 2) Rooney (19 in 25). 3) Lampard (13 in 25). 4) Sturridge (12 in 19); Ba (12 in 20); Hernandez (12 in 22); Bent (12 in 26). 8 Odemwingie (11 in 24). 9) Adam (10 in 27); Kuyt (10 in 27).

Robin van Persie has been involved in 29 Premier League goals (23 goals, six assists) for Arsenal since 16 October of last year, equal most in the league by Manchester United's Wayne Rooney.

:whistle:

Özim
17-10-2011, 08:06 AM
This is what ******* said about RVP current contract situation.

Bye bye RVP. After this I dont think I'll have favourite player at this club, at least not with current dross. :coffee:
******* coming out with cr*p about commitment again, funny how most of his players don't seem to put in much effort and yet he preaches about their commitment (that's before they decide to leave).

As for RVP, well his contract is running out and he's within his rights to consider his options, our best players sold, no success in 6 years, he's getting close to his 30's and there's no signs of anything changing...I can see why he doesn't want to discuss a new contract.

I'm expecting him to leave to be honest, there's nothing to keep him here...and yeah if we lose him there's not much left at the club in terms of top quality...******* has destroyed this team.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-10-2011, 10:03 AM
******* coming out with cr*p about commitment again, funny how most of his players don't seem to put in much effort and yet he preaches about their commitment (that's before they decide to leave).

As for RVP, well his contract is running out and he's within his rights to consider his options, our best players sold, no success in 6 years, he's getting close to his 30's and there's no signs of anything changing...I can see why he doesn't want to discuss a new contract.

I'm expecting him to leave to be honest, there's nothing to keep him here...and yeah if we lose him there's not much left at the club in terms of top quality...******* has destroyed this team.

Its that all you do on here have a go at wenger your geting tedious mate you really are, like a broken record.

Özim
17-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Its that all you do on here have a go at wenger your geting tedious mate you really are, like a broken record.
It's his fault what do you expect, it's down to him that we won't be able to hold onto to RVP.

Coney
17-10-2011, 10:29 AM
It's his fault what do you expect, it's down to him that we won't be able to hold onto to RVP.

So although RvP says he is committed to the club, has no intention of leaving and is enjoying captaining the Arsenal, you know otherwise? Of course, there is no possibility that his agent has said to hang fire on signing a new contract as he will have a better bargaining position in a few months time? I don't know that for sure, of course, but there is nothing to indicate that RvP will leave. It is true that he MIGHT, but it is also true that he might not.

Özim
17-10-2011, 10:35 AM
So although RvP says he is committed to the club, has no intention of leaving and is enjoying captaining the Arsenal, you know otherwise? Of course, there is no possibility that his agent has said to hang fire on signing a new contract as he will have a better bargaining position in a few months time? I don't know that for sure, of course, but there is nothing to indicate that RvP will leave. It is true that he MIGHT, but it is also true that he might not.
a) He doesn't want to talk about a new contract, that's not a good sign we've been there before after all.....a happy player will be more than happy to talk about it and sign a new one

b) He's close to his 30's and will surely be wanting to win stuff, that isn't going to happen here let's face it....so why commit what's left of his best years to us?

c) We can't offer him trophies, ambition or big money....he does love the club but 6 years of collapses is surely enough to convince even the most loyal players it's time to move on to pick up some medals before the end of their career

d) Wenger's words were pretty telling IMO, he recognises his chances of holding onto him are fairly slim and thus described commitment as how a player performs and works there and then...adding "The ideal situation is that he extends his contract and if he doesn't you have to respect that. What is important is he plays how he plays."

Olivier's xmas twist
17-10-2011, 10:36 AM

Did RVP tell you that because he never told anyone it was Wengers Fault. I agree we are in a fight to hold onto the guy and the Club not just the manager needs to do it all it can on to keep him even if it means shelling out all the pounds they can.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-10-2011, 10:38 AM
a) He doesn't want to talk about a new contract, that's not a good sign we've been there before after all.....a happy player will be more than happy to talk about it and sign a new one

b) He's close to his 30's and will surely be wanting to win stuff, that isn't going to happen here let's face it....so why commit what's left of his best years to us?

c) We can't offer him trophies, ambition or big money....he does love the club but 6 years of collapses is surely enough to convince even the most loyal players it's time to move on to pick up some medals before the end of their career

d) Wenger's words were pretty telling IMO, he recognises his chances of holding onto him are fairly slim and thus described commitment as how a player performs and works there and then...adding "The ideal situation is that he extends his contract and if he doesn't you have to respect that. What is important is he plays how he plays."

And if Wenger says in 100% certain of keeping him and he left we'd all be on his back calling him names etc. no one knows whether RVP will go or not, its not really a loss if he goes if we get a good fee and he goes abroad.

Özim
17-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Did RVP tell you that because he never told anyone it was Wengers Fault. I agree we are in a fight to hold onto the guy and the Club not just the manager needs to do it all it can on to keep him even if it means shelling out all the pounds they can.
He doesn't have to say it there are several clear indications

a) No trophies in 6 years and collapses every season is not going to convince a player to stay and win medals with us
b) The transfer policy of selling our best players and not really investing is again not going to convince anyone
c) Finances over football, Wenger pretty much prioritises the former...if you're a footballer I'm not sure you'll be too enamoured by this stance

We know we can't pay big money, with that in mind we need to offer something else.....e.g playing alongside some of the best players around, chances of medals but we don't really offer that.

Power n Glory
17-10-2011, 10:51 AM
And if Wenger says in 100% certain of keeping him and he left we'd all be on his back calling him names etc. no one knows whether RVP will go or not, its not really a loss if he goes if we get a good fee and he goes abroad.

A good fee doesn't help us. This team is broken mentally and selling him will keep hurt us badly. The downward spiral will continue and more players will leave.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-10-2011, 10:52 AM
He doesn't have to say it there are several clear indications

a) No trophies in 6 years and collapses every season is not going to convince a player to stay and win medals with us
b) The transfer policy of selling our best players and not really investing is again not going to convince anyone
c) Finances over football, Wenger pretty much prioritises the former...if you're a footballer I'm not sure you'll be too enamoured by this stance

We know we can't pay big money, with that in mind we need to offer something else.....e.g playing alongside some of the best players around, chances of medals but we don't really offer that.

We don't get CL footie next season then most probs he will go as you say he is 30 and would not want to be out the CL for long.

Olivier's xmas twist
17-10-2011, 02:12 PM
A good fee doesn't help us. This team is broken mentally and selling him will keep hurt us badly. The downward spiral will continue and more players will leave.

I see what you mean but just say if the Russians were to offer 50 mill for him we should turn it down?

Cripps_orig
17-10-2011, 06:24 PM
rip

Ollie the Optimist
23-10-2011, 09:03 PM
just for joker this one. RVP 25 goals in 26 prem games in 2011. and joker complains he isnt consistent :haha:

Cripps_orig
23-10-2011, 09:09 PM
just for joker this one. RVP 25 goals in 26 prem games in 2011. and joker complains he isnt consistent :haha:

Impressive considering before the game today he had scored 23 in 27 League games.

So by playing today, he got 2 goals added and a game taken off his record to make it look more impressive?

Ollie the Optimist
23-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Impressive considering before the game today he had scored 23 in 27 League games.

So by playing today, he got 2 goals added and a game taken off his record to make it look more impressive?

got it off some opta guy on twitter

Cripps_orig
23-10-2011, 09:11 PM
14 year olds :rolleyes:

Twitter :lol:

Niall_Quinn
23-10-2011, 09:14 PM
I'd heard 25 in 26 too. But if it's only 25 in 28 then fuck him, sell him, he's overrated.

Ollie the Optimist
23-10-2011, 09:16 PM
I'd heard 25 in 26 too. But if it's only 25 in 28 then fuck him, sell him, he's overrated.

think 25/26 is league, rest is all games

Cripps_orig
27-10-2011, 12:15 PM
RVP has opened contract talks

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15479384.stm

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2011, 12:17 PM
RVP has opened contract talks

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15479384.stm

Give the guy what he wants, Wenger

Coney
27-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Give the guy what he wants, Wenger

You know - this time, I think maybe they will, but I'd give you fair odds that RvP does not want just money (though his agent no doubt does) but also some decent players to add to the squad to make sure he gets something to put on the mantlepiece.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2011, 12:24 PM
You know - this time, I think maybe they will, but I'd give you fair odds that RvP does not want just money (though his agent no doubt does) but also some decent players to add to the squad to make sure he gets something to put on the mantlepiece.

Thats what i meant, if its players sign them, don't make promises we can't keep "again". What ever we can do to get him to stay we have to do it.

Coney
27-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Thats what i meant, if its players sign them, don't make promises we can't keep "again". What ever we can do to get him to stay we have to do it.

:good:

Niall_Quinn
27-10-2011, 12:32 PM
He wants Messi and Ronaldo in and Chamakh out. Get on it Wenger.

Cripps_orig
27-10-2011, 12:43 PM
He wants Messi and Ronaldo in and Chamakh out. Get on it Wenger.

Ronaldo :bow:

Chamakh can stay though

As for Messi :haha: No thanks

Niall_Quinn
27-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Ronaldo :bow:

Chamakh can stay though

As for Messi :haha: No thanks

Flash update, he's dropped his demands for Messi and Ronaldo but says Chamakh out is non-negotiable.

server too busy!
27-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Where in that story does it say anything about him signing or negotiating a contract?? It says we haven't begun negotiating yet.

Ollie the Optimist
27-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Where in that story does it say anything about him signing or negotiating a contract?? It says we haven't begun negotiating yet.

bbc journo who has very close links with arsenal has confirmed it

Dog Toffee
27-10-2011, 02:02 PM
If I was Wenger Id tell RVP the meaning of life to stay at Arsenal.

Olivier's xmas twist
27-10-2011, 02:18 PM

It says negotiations have opened.

Cripps_orig
27-10-2011, 02:19 PM
BBC changed the link :lol:

server too busy!
27-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is confident club captain Robin van Persie will sign a new contract.

Van Persie, 28, has scored nine goals in 13 games for Arsenal this season and his current deal runs until July 2013.

The Gunners have not yet officially begun negotiations with Van Persie, the only current player to have won a trophy with Arsenal.

But Wenger told BBC Sport: "He has 18 months to go and I'm confident he'll sign a new deal. I'm always confident."

Arsenal will be keen to hold onto his talisman following the departures of key players Samir Nasri, Cesc Fabregas and Gael Clichy during the summer transfer window.

However, Wenger brought in midfield duo Yossi Benayoun and Mikel Arteta, while defender Per Mertesacker and forward Ju-Young Park were also added to his new-look side.

Doesn't say anything about anything. If this link has changed then surely that is as good as sign as any that things should be quoted from the article posted.

Master Splinter
27-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Another shocker from the BBC, in short.

Ollie the Optimist
27-10-2011, 04:15 PM
rvp has been nominated for world player of the year. whether he will get through to final 3 or whatever it is is unclear but he has been the form striker of 2011 and it owuld be really funny to see the world of football praise RVP and joker still go on about how shit he is

Dog Toffee
28-10-2011, 10:19 AM
RVP is a better striker than Steve Bould will ever be.

Marc Overmars
28-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Nice to see him nominated but he won't get 3rd. (First 2 are obviously Messi and Ronaldo, so only 3rd is up for grabs tbh)

It will probably go to Xavi or Iniesta.

Xhaka Can’t
28-10-2011, 11:18 AM
He's aiming for fourth. :good:

Marc Overmars
28-10-2011, 11:20 AM
I see what you did there...

McNamara That Ghost...
28-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Nice to see him nominated but he won't get 3rd. (First 2 are obviously Messi and Ronaldo, so only 3rd is up for grabs tbh)

It will probably go to Xavi or Iniesta.

It could well be Messi, Xavi and Iniesta in the top three again. Given they won the Champions League, again.

Özim
28-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Wenger says he's confident he'll sign a new deal once again, why would you be confident with things as they are?

He's said he doesn't want to talk about a new contract, has called for us to sign quality players, has watched our best players leave and is approaching his 30's. Based on that you'd have to be a fool to be confident he'll sign, though he does say he's always confident which explains a lot.

He needs to pull his head out of the sand for once and do things which will convince him to stay rather than live in this pipedream he has.

He seems to just sit there doing nothing an expects things to just work out.

Japan Shaking All Over
28-10-2011, 12:55 PM
He's aiming for fourth. :good:

I blame the board. . . .. .

Xhaka Can’t
28-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Based on that you'd have to be a fool to be confident he'll sign, though he does say he's always confident which explains a lot.

NLP?

fakeyank
28-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Wenger says he's confident he'll sign a new deal once again, why would you be confident with things as they are?

He's said he doesn't want to talk about a new contract, has called for us to sign quality players, has watched our best players leave and is approaching his 30's. Based on that you'd have to be a fool to be confident he'll sign, though he does say he's always confident which explains a lot.

He needs to pull his head out of the sand for once and do things which will convince him to stay rather than live in this pipedream he has.

He seems to just sit there doing nothing an expects things to just work out.

:gp:

My friend, its the board to blame really..

Master Splinter
29-10-2011, 02:00 PM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/56359000/jpg/_56359929_rvp.jpg

This fey picure does not represent the fact that Robin van Persie has unlocked Bast Mode and Freak Mode and has not come out of them this year.

What a man :bow:.

Marc Overmars
29-10-2011, 02:03 PM
It's just a matter of time before he signs now IMO.

It was easy for Nasri and Clichy to leave because they were shite towards the end.

Master Splinter
29-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Fabregas was shite as well tbf.

RVP :bow:.

Best Arsenal captain ever tbh.

£180 million Citeh bid coming in January.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Fabregas was shite as well tbf.

RVP :bow:.

Best Arsenal captain ever tbh.£180 million Citeh bid coming in January.

Best out of the last 3 If this was cesc he would have put his head down and we'd have lost.

:bow: rvp

Ollie the Optimist
29-10-2011, 03:34 PM
RVP 28 goals in 27 league games in 2011.

pretty shit eh joker? :haha:

Edinburgh Gooner
29-10-2011, 04:40 PM
RVP 28 goals in 27 league games in 2011.

pretty shit eh joker? :haha:

Aye fuckin rotten. Should have sold him a couple of years ago when Juve were sniffing around. Bender would have scored 6 today lol

IBK
29-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Don't know what it is, but he seems genuinely fond of our club and proud to be captain - by contrast Cesc looked a bit contrived.

Edinburgh Gooner
29-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Don't know what it is, but he seems genuinely fond of our club and proud to be captain - by contrast Cesc looked a bit contrived.

He knows how much the club have backed him whilst he was out for those long periods injured. He showed in those fit spells what he could do, although he did seem to show it in most of the big games, and we the fans were on his case for being brittle. Now we are seeing what he can do when he's in the ultimate condition. He has been carrying the team for most of the season and the media have not hesitated in highlighting this. Even us fans have been bleating about it too. But, in my view, that is what a captain is there for. To show that leadership to the others and get them through it. Yes he's scoring the majority of the goals, but that's what he gets paid for. No one says that about the likes of Rooney when he's on a rich streak of goal scoring. RvP has drageed the team through the mire and now the players around him are manning up and playing with him to create those chances. He led the celebrations at the ending calling the team down to the away end, a bit over the top as it was like we had just won a trophy, but it showed great team spirit. I reckon Cesc would have just applauded his way down the tunnel.

Özim
29-10-2011, 05:01 PM
I've always thought that, he's one of the few I've thought really cares about the club......I don't think that'll be enough to keep him at the club though, realistically a player of his talent will want some trophies at this stage and unless we show we can deliver and maybe show a bit of ambition it may be hard to hold onto him.

Would be a real body blow to lose him if we did.

fakeyank
29-10-2011, 05:02 PM
I've always thought that, he's one of the few I've thought really cares about the club......I don't think that'll be enough to keep him at the club though, realistically a player of his talent will want some trophies at this stage and unless we show we can deliver and maybe show a bit of ambition it may be hard to hold onto him.

Would be a real body blow to lose him if we did.

Don't see him staying on either unless we win something. CC would be a good start.. only a small obstacle on the way though- Man City

Olivier's xmas twist
29-10-2011, 06:59 PM

Don't see him staying on either unless we win something. CC would be a good start.. only a small obstacle on the way though- Man City

and rightly so, As much as it will be a blow too lose him like zimm said, he'd be 30 and without a medal so i think he'd want to go, but if we got a good deal for him say £25 mill won't be bad IF we spend it, IF NOT then we'd be screwed.

Give RVP want he wants tbh. Sign players if need be. RVP is not money orienated so we know if he left it would not be for the money.

Personally unilke Nasri id don't think he'd leave us high and dry, i think he'd sign a new deal just to cover us

Syn
29-10-2011, 07:24 PM

Don't see him staying on either unless we win something.

Yes but not everyone is as Asian as you. He has some sense of loyalty beyond trophies and money - as so he should with Wenger and the club sticking by him through his injury problems for all these years...besides, at his age, he isn't as in-demand from the ultra top clubs as one might think. He is on fine form at the moment, but obviously he won't be averaging over one a game for long and he will have periods where he struggles.

I think Cesc was always quite clever with the words he chose and we were always clear on the fact that some day he would go. Nasri is a different matter - he is still quite young, hadn't stayed at this club as long and, IMO, has a higher ceiling than even Van Persie. Van Persie is a proper gooner - just like Szczesny and Sir Jack. I'm very confident he'll stay.

Olivier's xmas twist
29-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Yes but not everyone is as Asian as you. He has some sense of loyalty beyond trophies and money - as so he should with Wenger and the club sticking by him through his injury problems for all these years...besides, at his age, he isn't as in-demand from the ultra top clubs as one might think. He is on fine form at the moment, but obviously he won't be averaging over one a game for long and he will have periods where he struggles.

I think Cesc was always quite clever with the words he chose and we were always clear on the fact that some day he would go. Nasri is a different matter - he is still quite young, hadn't stayed at this club as long and, IMO, has a higher ceiling than even Van Persie. Van Persie is a proper gooner - just like Szczesny and Sir Jack. I'm very confident he'll stay.

:gp: agree, at least we won't see people putting shirts over his head etc. he has said he is commited to Arsenal and right now its good for me.

GP
29-10-2011, 07:56 PM
He ain't going nowhere.

Decide for yourselves if that was a deliberate double negative.

Ernesto
30-10-2011, 12:26 PM
IF he leaves at the end of this season, how would he think he'd be regarded in Arsenal circles?

With contempt (a la Cole, Adebayor, Nasri), with affection (Henry, Vieira, Seaman, Wright, endless list really) or with indifference (e.g. Fabregas, Toure- we wouldn't really know whether to boo them or applaud them if they came back!)?

I would think a lot rests on what happens between now and the Summer. Maybe if he makes motions about wanting to leave, then it would be to the detriment of the team of course.

However, if a move just "happens", so to speak, in the close season and it's at the end of a trophyless campaign, I'd still think he'd be welcomed back with adulation whenever/however he comes back.

Xhaka Can’t
30-10-2011, 12:32 PM
I think for him to want to stay at the age he is now, he is going to need more than a financial reward. If Wenger does not make additions to the team that at least provide us with the prospect of being contenders, then he is well within his rights to want to move.

Niall_Quinn
30-10-2011, 01:07 PM
IF he leaves at the end of this season, how would he think he'd be regarded in Arsenal circles?

With contempt (a la Cole, Adebayor, Nasri), with affection (Henry, Vieira, Seaman, Wright, endless list really) or with indifference (e.g. Fabregas, Toure- we wouldn't really know whether to boo them or applaud them if they came back!)?

I would think a lot rests on what happens between now and the Summer. Maybe if he makes motions about wanting to leave, then it would be to the detriment of the team of course.

However, if a move just "happens", so to speak, in the close season and it's at the end of a trophyless campaign, I'd still think he'd be welcomed back with adulation whenever/however he comes back.

RvP has done his time, kept his mouth shut, scored the goals when he hasn't been plagued by injuries (many of which were picked up playing boring and useless International football). He's already earned the right to be respected, whatever his decision is at the end of the season. Huge difference between RvP and a horrible cuntish little turd like Nasri or an ungrateful egotistical fuck like cashley cuntbag.

Coney
30-10-2011, 01:11 PM

The leavers who get shit when they return are generally the ones who talk down the Arsenal after leaving. Henry, Toure and Vieira spoke well of the Arsenal and have been applauded on their return. I don't see why Cesc should not get the same treatment as although he wanted to leave for Barca, he has not spoken against the Arsenal and has in fact gone out of his way to say good things, especially when he was disowning what some lying journo said about him not liking the club.

Cole published some shit about the Arsenal in his book, Adebayor was right up his own arse and when he scored, taunted the Arsenal fans, so they can both fuck off, tbh. Nasri, I'm not overly bothered about either way - unless he talks us down at some point.

Olivier's xmas twist
30-10-2011, 01:12 PM
RvP has done his time, kept his mouth shut, scored the goals when he hasn't been plagued by injuries (many of which were picked up playing boring and useless International football). He's already earned the right to be respected, whatever his decision is at the end of the season. Huge difference between RvP and a horrible cuntish little turd like Nasri or an ungrateful egotistical fuck like cashley cuntbag.

Coney
30-10-2011, 01:14 PM

Sounds about right. :good:

Olivier's xmas twist
01-11-2011, 10:02 AM
rvp has been nominated for world player of the year. whether he will get through to final 3 or whatever it is is unclear but he has been the form striker of 2011 and it owuld be really funny to see the world of football praise RVP and joker still go on about how shit he is

He is not on the shortlist Cesc is though.

Ollie the Optimist
01-11-2011, 06:35 PM
seriously did joker pick the ballon d'or list? how the fuck is RVP not on it? barring messi you could argue he has been the best striker, 28 goals in 27 league games this year, cant think what the total is when you incudle others

Cripps_orig
04-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Hes won the player of the month for the league and got an award for getting to 10 goals first

GP
04-11-2011, 05:32 PM
seriously did joker pick the ballon d'or list? how the fuck is RVP not on it? barring messi you could argue he has been the best striker, 28 goals in 27 league games this year, cant think what the total is when you incudle others

John Terry has won the Fallon d'Floor award.

Özim
04-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Ronaldo has scored a hatful for Real as well.

100 goals in 105 games for Real, that includes 53 in 54 games last season and 14 in 16 games this season, RVP can't match that.

33 in 35 games in his first season as well, incredible stats.

Ollie the Optimist
04-11-2011, 06:58 PM

100 goals in 105 games for Real, that includes 53 in 54 games last season and 14 in 16 games this season, RVP can't match that.

hmm going by that you cant match that, but then he has done amazingly well but the spanish league is just frankly shit. no one wins it bar barca and madrid.

Cripps_orig
04-11-2011, 07:13 PM
No one wins the PL bar Man Utd and Chelsea so what's your point?

Cripps_orig
06-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Netherlands legend Marco van Basten has urged Robin van Persie to stay with Arsenal.

The 28-year-old striker has been sensational for the Gunners this season, scoring 11 goals and creating four more in 11 appearances in the Premier League.

However, there has been some speculation surrounding his future, as his contract is set to expire in 2013, and discussions concerning a new deal are thought to have been put off until the summer.

Now Van Basten insists that it would be in the striker's best interests to continue plying his trade for the north London club, and maintains that Van Persie's situation is unlike his own case when he left Ajax for AC Milan in 1987.

"Robin must not leave Arsenal. You can’t compare my situation at Ajax. The big difference is that Robin is *already at a big club," he said, according to The Sunday Mirror.

"Robin has been in London for six years [sic]. He can’t help it that *Arsenal have won *nothing in that time.

"So much has changed in those six years in the Premier League.

"Chelsea have become a big club and have massive *financial resources.

"Manchester City have *become a big force and are richer than any other club.

"Manchester United and *Liverpool have American owners. The amount of money which is flowing to these clubs for transfers is unbelievable. Arsenal operate differently. I admire that.

"And I still think Arsenal are the most beautiful club in *England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

"Arsenal have the most *amazing stadium, they have a style of play, they have a *beautiful shirt – in every way I consider Arsenal as the *ultimate football club.

"It is the club where Robin belongs."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/11/06/2745089/marco-van-basten-urges-robin-van-persie-to-remain-at-arsenal

MVB :bow:

2nd best Dutch player of all time imo

Master Splinter
06-11-2011, 01:34 PM
MVB :bow:.

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 02:24 PM

He did it for Utd too in a remarkable final season. But if he'd have done it two seasons in a row here rather than repeat the feat in Span it would have been even more impressive. i don't think he would have. Our league is much tougher - not necessarily for the right reasons.

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 02:26 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/11/06/2745089/marco-van-basten-urges-robin-van-persie-to-remain-at-arsenal

Everything he says is spot on. A very astute man obviously.

Ollie the Optimist
06-11-2011, 02:26 PM
No one wins the PL bar Man Utd and Chelsea so what's your point?

that they can be beaten and are beaten by what we call pub teams yet madrid and barca arent. no one challenges them, and they win matches by 5 goals etc a stupid amount of times. its an easy league, this one isnt

Cripps_orig
06-11-2011, 02:28 PM
that they can be beaten and are beaten by what we call pub teams yet madrid and barca arent. no one challenges them, and they win matches by 5 goals etc a stupid amount of times. its an easy league, this one isnt

Levante beat Real this season. What Pub Team have Mancs lost to this?

Cripps_orig
06-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Everything he says is spot on. A very astute man obviously.

Credit to Goal.com tbh

Niall_Quinn
06-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Levante beat Real this season. What Pub Team have Mancs lost to this?

City

Master Splinter
06-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Credit to Goal.com tbh

Are you sponsored by Goal.com?

Cripps_orig
06-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Are you sponsored by Goal.com?They are sponsored by me.

Master Splinter
06-11-2011, 02:39 PM
They are sponsored by me.

The quality of their posting certainly testifies to this.

Cripps_orig
06-11-2011, 02:42 PM
The quality of their posting certainly testifies to this.Tbf its from the Sunday Mirror

Mirror :bow:

Bergkamp :bow:

Most Dutch players are awesome tbh bar Afellay

Power n Glory
06-11-2011, 02:55 PM
hmm going by that you cant match that, but then he has done amazingly well but the spanish league is just frankly shit. no one wins it bar barca and madrid.

Nonsense about the Spanish league. Barca and Madrid have most of the World Player of the Year candidates in their squads. They're too damn good and have too much money which is why the gap is so wide.

If the smaller clubs earned more money from TV rights, there would probably be more stability. David Villa, David Silva, Augero, Torres, Mata...all played for the smaller clubs and if you drew them in the Champs League you couldn't just turn up and expect the win. I'll give the Spanish League respect because the smaller teams usually do good in Europe. When was the last time an English team won the Uefa Cup / Europa Cup?

The Spanish League isn't like the Scottish League. The smaller teams usually produce very good sides with world class players. They just need to address this TV rights issue.

21_GOONER_SALUTE
06-11-2011, 07:17 PM

That was great to read, if only some of our fans, employees and this board thought the same about the club.... Oh well.

Fist of Lehmann
07-11-2011, 03:42 PM
That was great to read, if only some of our fans, employees and this board thought the same about the club.... Oh well.

At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

This bit at least is something everyone can agree on.

McNamara That Ghost...
07-11-2011, 04:22 PM
van Basten. :bow:

Shame injuries stopped him becoming the player he should have been, too.

fakeyank
11-11-2011, 09:25 AM
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/220217/Arsenal-in-no-hurry-over-Robin-van-Persie/

:wave:

Letters
11-11-2011, 09:48 AM
The Daily Star :lol:

FY, that is by far the shittiest, least reliable rag out there.
And I'm including The Daily Sport and Goal.com.

fakeyank
11-11-2011, 09:58 AM

But it has quotes :getcoat:

Power n Glory
11-11-2011, 10:32 AM
PHW only talks to The Daily Star, right?

Fist of Lehmann
11-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Yeah, says he can't believe RvP would be unhappy with them.

Don't 'believe' things dumbshit, ask him!

Niall_Quinn
11-11-2011, 01:22 PM
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/220217/Arsenal-in-no-hurry-over-Robin-van-Persie/

:wave:

Then they can do the same thing they did with Nasri, can't they? And claim there was no way they could take the financial hit so it was "inevitable" he had to be sold. Just check your kids sweets next time you go to a game. PHW will steal them if given the slightest opportunity. Anyway, RvP might scupper their plans by asking to stay. That'll piss them off.

Cripps_orig
11-11-2011, 02:43 PM
RVP said he doesnt want to talk about the contract issue til the end of the season

I can see how its the boards fault :unsure:

Although we all know what will happen. We reach the end of the season and RVP says he is concentrating on Euro 2012 and doesnt want to talk about it til after Euro 2012. After Euro 2012 he goes on holiday so doesnt want to talk til he comes back. When he comes back, the season starts and he justs want to concentrate on the season ahead.

Board will either want to sell RVP or get him to sign a new contract this summer.

Wenger on the other hand will do what he usually does. Bend over for his players

Olivier's xmas twist
11-11-2011, 02:51 PM
RVP said he doesnt want to talk about the contract issue til the end of the season

I can see how its the boards fault :unsure:

Although we all know what will happen. We reach the end of the season and RVP says he is concentrating on Euro 2012 and doesnt want to talk about it til after Euro 2012. After Euro 2012 he goes on holiday so doesnt want to talk til he comes back. When he comes back, the season starts and he justs want to concentrate on the season ahead.

Board will either want to sell RVP or get him to sign a new contract this summer.

Wenger on the other hand will do what he usually does. Bend over for his players

so if what you say happens and he does not sign a contract, do you think wenger will have a choice but to let him go, no way the board will let him walk free.

Niall_Quinn
11-11-2011, 02:52 PM
The board will use whatever cover they can pick up, if RvP plays into their hands by delaying they'll be delighted. Wenger will need to be tough on this one and not let the greedy bastards ride this through to a bad outcome for the club.

Cripps_orig
11-11-2011, 03:00 PM
so if what you say happens and he does not sign a contract, do you think wenger will have a choice but to let him go, no way the board will let him walk free.The board wont but Wenger will do whatever RVP wants.

Niall_Quinn
11-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Given what happened with Na$ri, if the same fuck up occurs then everyone down to Gunnersaurus needs to be sacked. Once could be a mistake (if we are kind), twice is deliberate.

Master Splinter
11-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Poor Gunnersaurus.

:(

Niall_Quinn
11-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Poor Gunnersaurus.

Don't make him out to be a scape-dinosaur, notice he's been here at every step during our decline. That says a lot. He's got off very lightly on here but that's GW for you, always backing their favourites no matter what.

Master Splinter
11-11-2011, 03:20 PM
:rolleyes:

Hating on Gunnersaurus again.

You WDRs absolve him of everything don't you?

Cripps_orig
11-11-2011, 03:22 PM
WDR?

Master Splinter
11-11-2011, 03:24 PM
WDR?

Wenger Dick Riders.

Wasn't it you who invented the hilarious term?

Cripps_orig
11-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Wenger Dick Riders.

Wasn't it you who invented the hilarious term?Nope

Did invent GHEL though which is now world famous

Master Splinter
11-11-2011, 03:33 PM
Did invent GHEL though which is now world famous

Charlie told me he invented it.

It came about when he was trying to spell Gary Cahill though.

Cripps_orig
11-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Charlie told me he invented it.

It came about when he was trying to spell Gary Cahill though.

Really? I thought it was when he was trying to spell Szczesny

Olivier's xmas twist
11-11-2011, 03:37 PM
The board wont but Wenger will do whatever RVP wants.

ok...

Cripps_orig
11-11-2011, 03:39 PM
ok...Were you trying to spell cock there?

Olivier's xmas twist
11-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Were you trying to spell cock there?

No Your momma

Japan Shaking All Over
11-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Were you trying to spell cock there?

Oh thats easy. . . .A c h

Cripps_orig
11-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Oh thats easy. . . .A c h

Wrong

:pal:

Olivier's xmas twist
11-11-2011, 05:28 PM
The board wont but Wenger will do whatever RVP wants.

Like i said if were in the same situation with Nasri he'd have no choice but to sell as the board won't allow him to go for nothing.

Not sure how Wenger can bend over for that tbh.

Cripps_orig
11-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Like i said if were in the same situation with Nasri he'd have no choice but to sell as the board won't allow him to go for nothing.

Not sure how Wenger can bend over for that tbh.

Wenger didnt want to sell. He was willing to let Nasri do what he wanted and run down his contract and leave for nothing. Thankfully the board have more sense. Same applies with RVP

fakeyank
11-11-2011, 05:32 PM

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7302992/Gunners-calm-over-RVP

Dont be hatin' on the Daily Star punk

Cripps_orig
11-11-2011, 05:34 PM
"He doesn't want to talk about it at the moment and we are not troubling him," Hill-Wood told the Daily Star.

Olivier's xmas twist
11-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Wenger didnt want to sell. He was willing to let Nasri do what he wanted and run down his contract and leave for nothing. Thankfully the board have more sense. Same applies with RVP

Don't blame him, Nasri was too good a player to be sold, which manager would want to sell him, but i agree with him not wating to be here anymore he had to be sold even wenger knew that.

if Wenger felt so strongly about nas being sold, why did he not walk out in protest.

If you said he bent over for cesc then id say you had a point.

Xhaka Can’t
11-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Poor Gunnersaurus.

It's disgraceful how Gunnersaurus is treated on here.

fakeyank
11-11-2011, 07:07 PM
It's disgraceful how Gunnersaurus is treated on here.

Double standards u know.. ;)

Cripps_orig
17-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Arsenal (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/teams/england/94/arsenal) striker Robin van Persie (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/people/netherlands/2841/robin-van-persie) has cited his "connection" with team-mate Theo Walcott (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/people/england/11818/theo-walcott) as a key factor behind his stunning form this year.

After an electrifying end to last season, Van Persie has bagged 11 goals already during the current campaign and paid tribute to the playmaking skills of Walcott (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/#).

"After every single goal, people ask me, 'Who gave the assist?' I just say, 'Who do you think?' We have that connection," he told the Daily Mirror.

"I know what he is going to do, which is very important. "It's vital to have a player (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/#) around me, as a striker, who knows where I move, how I move, do I want the ball into feet, do I want it behind. He knows where to find me. Stuff like that is vital."
Van Persie's goal against Bolton Wanderers in September was his 100th for the club and he made sure he celebrated the landmark with the former Southampton player.
"It was just a big honour and I asked Theo to celebrate with me," he said. "I had my history with Arsenal Football Club."
The 28-year old recalled his first goal in Arsenal colours, which came seven years ago against Manchester City.
"I lost it a bit," he said. "It was very good, it was very memorable. I went and celebrated with the wrong fans!"
One of his most fondly remembered strikes came in last season's Champions League, when Wenger's team beat Barcelona at the Emirates Stadium.
"I've seen images of fans celebrating that win," he said. "It just makes me really happy to see that.
"There's one picture in my mind of a fan dressed up with [an] Arsenal shirt (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/#) on, a hat on and he was just screaming it out!
"It was like the best moment of his life. It made me so happy. You could see what it meant to him and it made me even more happy to see that.
"When the whole stadium is desperate for a goal, as a footballer, when you are the one who scores it, then it gives you a boost."
The Netherlands international also declared himself "thankful" for the role of Gunners manager Arsene Wenger in his development as a player.
"I'm so thankful for having met him because he made a big difference in the way of seeing, looking at football," he said.
"I was 20 and he said, 'Why are you not a top player yet?' I said, 'Because of this, this and this.' He told me to think about it.
"Then, a couple of weeks later, he asked me, 'Are you a top player?' I said I didn't think so and he told me to think about it.
"I started to realise and then he gave me a little bit of advice about certain actions that I did.
"For example, I made a couple of little mistakes in a game (http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/#). He told me that a top player doesn't do those actions.
"I started to think about the conversation. It was a conversation that only lasted for five minutes, but it was a conversation that went on for a year because every couple of weeks he was referring back to it.
"He was showing me proof as well. I was taking it on and then it was up to me to find my answers. I was finding my own answers and that’s how he helped me big time."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/11/17/2761152/theo-walcott-connection-vital-to-my-good-form-says-arsenal

The bolded part is the important stuff. Dont care about the rest.

Theo :bow:

Coney
17-11-2011, 12:40 PM
"He doesn't want to talk about it at the moment and we are not troubling him," Hill-Wood told the Daily Star.

"He doesn't want to talk about it at the moment and we are not troubling him," the Daily Star claimed Hill-Wood told them.

Kano
17-11-2011, 01:44 PM

Of the sale of Fabregas, Kroenke says: “That was between Arsène and him. I like the kid but I’m not going to change his mind. Arsène made the decision. If we wanted to be really hard about it, we could have done but Arsène believed that it was the right way to do it. We talked about it when we were in London.

“I also get it on Nasri. If we didn’t do something on Nasri people would be looking at us next summer and saying, ‘Why didn’t you do this?’ We bought in a lot of resources that we can use on other players.

“I honestly didn’t make the decision on Nasri. Of course the board talks about these things but, at the end of the day, that’s for Arsène.”

Syn
17-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Selling Nasri was a no-brainer. He wasn't going to extend his contract and missing out on £25m for someone who doesn't want to be at Arsenal would've been silly.

If we really wanted to, I think we could've kept Fabregas. He signed a long term contract and he has to be an Arsenal player for that time. We would've had a disinterested backheeling-to-Iniesta dick but he couldn't turn totally shit or else he'd never get his big move. We could've kept him until he had a year left and then let him Nasri off.

Either way, in the last 8 or so games, we've played better football than we've seen at any point last season when Nasri and Fabregas were here. We look a much more balanced team and so right now I don't think anyone misses either of them the same way a big gap was left when Vieira went.

Xhaka Can’t
17-11-2011, 02:17 PM
I'm fucking glad they're gone. Especially Fabregas because I was sick and fucking tired of the whole gay circus surrounding him and his penis pals at Barca.

server too busy!
17-11-2011, 05:12 PM
I went on a tour around Arsenal and was told that Arsenal had agreed to sell Nasri to Utd and he was all set to go, then City came in with a bigger wage and he went there instead. Many grabbing c**t

McNamara That Ghost...
17-11-2011, 05:51 PM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/11/17/2761152/theo-walcott-connection-vital-to-my-good-form-says-arsenal

RVP. :lol:

Confusing Theo and Gervinho. Well, either that or the Daily Mirror just assumed he was talking about Theo given he mentions him later but not before.

Niall_Quinn
17-11-2011, 07:24 PM
RVP. :lol:

Confusing Theo and Gervinho. Well, either that or the Daily Mirror just assumed he was talking about Theo given he mentions him later but not before.

This and the salute thing, optimists are going to start talking.

fakeyank
17-11-2011, 08:59 PM

Loved what he says about the fans. Pity he wont be here next season..

Grebbo
17-11-2011, 09:08 PM
I went on a tour around Arsenal and was told that Arsenal had agreed to sell Nasri to Utd and he was all set to go, then City came in with a bigger wage and he went there instead. Many grabbing c**t

Money grabbing cunt or just chose the club that is more likely to win trophies.

GP
17-11-2011, 09:10 PM
The former.

Grebbo
17-11-2011, 09:12 PM
The former.

I'd say both.

Xhaka Can’t
17-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Money grabbing cunt or just chose the club that is more likely to buy trophies.

FYP

You should thank me.

Xhaka Can’t
17-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Ungrateful twat.

Grebbo
17-11-2011, 09:55 PM
FYP

You should thank me.

Manure aren't exactly frugal.

Xhaka Can’t
18-11-2011, 06:22 AM
Manure aren't exactly frugal.

Man, you just don't get it.

At all.

Not even a little teeny weeny bit.

IBK
18-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Selling Nasri was a no-brainer. He wasn't going to extend his contract and missing out on £25m for someone who doesn't want to be at Arsenal would've been silly.

If we really wanted to, I think we could've kept Fabregas. He signed a long term contract and he has to be an Arsenal player for that time. We would've had a disinterested backheeling-to-Iniesta dick but he couldn't turn totally shit or else he'd never get his big move. We could've kept him until he had a year left and then let him Nasri off.

Either way, in the last 8 or so games, we've played better football than we've seen at any point last season when Nasri and Fabregas were here. We look a much more balanced team and so right now I don't think anyone misses either of them the same way a big gap was left when Vieira went.

GP
20-11-2011, 10:07 AM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9s04baIfz1qd4280o1_500.jpg

He's going nowhere.

Marc Overmars
20-11-2011, 10:10 AM
People who wanted to sell him during his injury problems. :haha:

Power n Glory
20-11-2011, 10:29 AM
He's matured as a player in a major way. His right foot is getting each game. Scores a chip with right foot. That's class. His off the ball movement is so much better. No more headless chicken movement. Now he's a predator in the box. Also, his partnership with Theo is miles better. These two used to argue all the time about moves breaking down and miscommunication. Now they're scoring goals together and pulling off golf swing celebrations. It's great to see. I hope we've seen the last of his injury problems.

Master Splinter
20-11-2011, 02:02 PM
That's a photoshop job.

BOBN
21-11-2011, 02:07 PM
People who wanted to sell him during his injury problems. :haha:
The "play him in the hole" brigade were more clueless.

Can we all now see hes more van basten than bergkamp so everybody should stop trying to fack with it? Ok good.

BOBN
21-11-2011, 02:18 PM

Yep, honestly fabregas was always an overrated player. Players who can pass well and thats it are a dime a dozen on the continent. Its just we're not used to it in this country.

And nasri has already been found out at city. Hes a nothing player, even france are starting to realise hes not a player ypu can rely on to create and shyt. He'll be back in ligue 1 in 2 years

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Yep, honestly fabregas was always an overrated player. Players who can pass well are a dime a dozen on the continent. Its just we're not used to it in this country.

And nasri has already been found out at city. Hes a nothing player, even france are starting to realise hes not a player ypu can rely on to create and shyt. He'll be back in ligue 1 in 2 years

Still think Gervinhos better than Nasri after the Norwich game?

BOBN
21-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Still think Gervinhos better than Nasri after the Norwich game?

Gervinhos already proven hes a better player than nasri. What you dont seem to get is that nasri was zero threat in 95% of the matches he played for arsenal. All technique and no substance, the very definition of a nothing player. Passing the ball back to the fullback was that fraudulent bastards signature move and we are a better team now than last seaon simply because hes facked off

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 02:31 PM

BOBN
21-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Milner keeps nasri out of the citeh side, end of.

The transfer flop of the season. Shevchenko status.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Milner keeps nasri out of the citeh side, end of.The transfer flop of the season. Shevchenko status.

:bow: GW logic

Dog Toffee
21-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Well City do need their quoter of boring English midfielders to keep up. I cant believe people have forgotten how fucking great Nasri was for us last season, he needed it for his city contract though. All in all Im glad he's left, we dont need cunts like him, Gervinho can be a more effective player if he improves.

IBK
21-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Well City do need their quoter of boring English midfielders to keep up. I cant believe people have forgotten how fucking great Nasri was for us last season, he needed it for his city contract though. All in all Im glad he's left, we dont need cunts like him, Gervinho can be a more effective player if he improves.

True this. I actually prefer watching Gerinho with his change of pace beating players the whole time. Lets not forget, Nasri took a lot longer than Gerv's had to become consistent (and he's a cunt). I have faith that Gervinho will start to score goals before too long (and Nasri's a cunt).

Cripps_orig
21-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Wouldnt say Nasris a cunt tbh