PDA

View Full Version : Beep...beep...beep...

Letters
24-05-2011, 10:11 AM
This preacher is reversing

http://news.uk.msn.com/world/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=157774718

California preacher Harold Camping has said his prophecy that the world would end was off by five months because Judgment Day will actually come on October 21.

Mr Camping, who predicted that 200 million Christians would be taken to heaven on Saturday before the Earth was destroyed, said he felt so terrible when his doomsday prediction did not come true that he left home and took refuge in a motel with his wife.

His independent ministry, Family Radio International, spent millions - some of it from donations made by followers - on more than 5,000 billboards and 20 vehicles plastered with the Judgment Day message.

But Mr Camping said he has now realised the apocalypse will come five months after May 21, the original date he predicted. He had earlier said October 21 was when the globe would be consumed by a fireball.

It is not the first time the independent Christian radio host has been forced to explain when his prediction did not come to pass. He also predicted the Apocalypse would come in 1994, but said it did not happen then because of a mathematical error.

Rather than give his normal daily broadcast on Monday, Mr Camping made a special statement before the press at the Oakland headquarters of the media empire that has broadcast his message. His show, Open Forum, has for months headlined his doomsday message via the group's radio stations, TV channels, satellite broadcasts and website.

When the Rapture did not arrive on Saturday, crestfallen followers began turning their attention to more earthly concerns.

Jeff Hopkins thought the petrol money he spent driving back and forth from Long Island to New York City would be worth it, as long as people could see the ominous sign atop his car warning that the end of the world was nigh.

"I've been mocked and scoffed and cursed at and I've been through a lot with this lighted sign on top of my car," said Mr Hopkins, 52, a former television producer who lives in Great River, New York.

"I was doing what I've been instructed to do through the Bible, but now I've been stymied. It's like getting slapped in the face."

:doh:

Young Guns 11
24-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Were all christians supposed to believe that the rapture would happen?

Letters
24-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Were all christians supposed to believe that the rapture would happen?

Well, the point is when will it happen and the Bible couldn't be clearer that
1) No-one knows and
2) We're not supposed to speculate about it anyway.

So anyone who comes along claiming to know the exact time is by definition wrong.

Young Guns 11
24-05-2011, 10:49 AM
I see. So you believe there will be a rapture at some point, but like most "sensible" christians, believe it is crazy to predict an actual date? That about right?

The Wengerbabies
24-05-2011, 10:53 AM
This guy is actually quite a clever con man. He's raised millions claiming this shit with crazies believing him. :respect:

The Wengerbabies
24-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Also should be said Wenger believed him 'judge me in May' proof that he's lost the plot tbh.

Letters
24-05-2011, 11:02 AM
I see. So you believe there will be a rapture at some point, but like most "sensible" christians, believe it is crazy to predict an actual date? That about right?

Yes, that's about right.

LDG
24-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Thought this was gonna be a Mrs Letters update.

beep bada beep beep.

Letters
24-05-2011, 11:22 AM
:lol:

:p

:loveblush:

Injury Time
24-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Also should be said Wenger believed him 'judge me in May' proof that he's lost the plot tbh.
:haha:
looks like GW died on the 24th :tumbleweed:
:rose:
;)

The Wengerbabies
24-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Yes, that's about right.

So you actually believe Jesus is going to come and destroy the world, letting a select few into heaven?

How can an intelligent adult seriously believe that?

Serious question, not trying to WUM or anything I just can't get my head around how someone even moderately intelligent can actually believe that.

Ollie the Optimist
24-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Thought this was gonna be a Mrs Letters update.

beep bada beep beep.

:haha:

Injury Time
24-05-2011, 11:26 AM
So you actually believe Jesus is going to come and destroy the world, letting a select few into heaven?

Serious question, not trying to WUM or anything I just can't get my head around how someone even moderately intelligent can actually believe that.
I believe that would be "faith" and the point of "faith" rather than fact.

LDG
24-05-2011, 11:26 AM
It's not dead. In fact, given that post-counters will be desperately trying to keep ahead of each other for at least a few weeks, we may see a dramatic improvement in posts per day.

They'll all be shit, but meh.

Injury Time ;

btw.

Injury Time
24-05-2011, 11:27 AM
It's not dead. In fact, given that post-counters will be desperately trying to keep ahead of each other for at least a few weeks, we may see a dramatic improvement in posts per day.

:gp:

The Wengerbabies
24-05-2011, 11:28 AM
I believe that would be "faith" and the point of "faith" rather than fact.

But how can you have faith in something so stupid?

Injury Time
24-05-2011, 11:30 AM

Injury Time ;

btw.

:woohoo: LDG popped my cherry :loveblush:

I'm not used to this daytime posting tbh

LDG
24-05-2011, 11:33 AM
:woohoo: LDG popped my cherry :loveblush:

I'm not used to this daytime posting tbh

Wengerbabies popped mine....then deleted it :haha:

Letters
24-05-2011, 12:50 PM

There's lots of speculation about the 'end times', the parts of the Bible which talk about it are very hard to understand and interpret so I don't know what will happen and I certainly don't know when (nor does anyone else, the Bible is quite clear about that). I do believe in judgement and heaven and hell and all that, yes. Guess we'll find out whether I'm right although by definition not in this life.

Cripps_orig
24-05-2011, 11:21 PM
I dont doubt the world will end. I have no proof of this obviously but it wont happen in my lifetime so couldnt give a fuck tbh.

In a way, if i was too die, that would be the way to go

The Wengerbabies
24-05-2011, 11:24 PM
I dont doubt the world will end. I have no proof of this obviously but it wont happen in my lifetime so couldnt give a fuck tbh.

In a way, if i was too die, that would be the way to go
Sure it'll end due to the laws of physics not because of god

Injury Time
25-05-2011, 07:52 AM
But how can you have faith in something so stupid?
Don't ask me I don't have faith but understand the principle..or are we talking about Wenger now :unsure:

the easter bunnie
25-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Family Radio have been playing L-I-F-E-G-O-E-S-O-N non-stop, the butchers didn't have heart so I am making do with liver.