PDA

View Full Version : The Official Muppet Thread

Master Splinter
31-10-2011, 02:40 AM
A thread devoted to complete and utter muppetry from complete and utter muppets.

To start things off, someone who has made it an art form:

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has ignited a new football race row after he told a radio station that black players have "just got to get on with it".

The Latics' chief believes that those who do complain about on-field insults are "a little bit out of order".

His comments come following racism allegations against John Terry, and an alleged incident involving Patrice Evra and Luis Suarez. Terry and Suarez deny any wrongdoing.

Whelan told radio station LBC 97.3: "If a white man insults a black man, that's big, big news. If, if, a black man insults a white man, that's nothing, and it's expected.

"So I just think we should forget colour, and, you know, it doesn't bother anybody, I'm sure, colour and.... sometimes a footballer... erm, when they're playing at such a level... you know the stress is there.

"And if, if, they call somebody white, if they call somebody black, you've just got to get on with it.

Whelan added: "You know I think the players who come and complain sometimes, they're a little bit out of order.

"The game is a game, the game is a football game, whether you're white, black, pink, red, it doesn't matter. We're all, we're all equal, and we all play football, and we should get on with it."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Wigan-chairman-Dave-Whelan-says-of-racism-row-that-players-should-forget-colour-and-get-on-with-the-game-article823747.html

I'm sure Whelan will make many more appearances.