PDA

View Full Version : Scott Parker Thread

Japan Shaking All Over
31-10-2011, 02:41 AM
Didn't know where to put this.....so no worries if it gets deleted/moved later.......

Now I know the deal has been done and we missed the boat, but by the sounds of it we not only missed the boat but went to the wrong fucking port.........!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/15514793.stm

I cannot help feeling that had we bought Parker that the results at places like Blackburn and WHL would have been different.....we were all over Blackburn but lost our arses when they scored and we were not the worst team against the Scum.....Parker would have given us the leadership we are beginning to show/a calmness that comes with being the kind of professional that he is. He may not be the most exciting player but there are times and there are roles that dont demand the spotlight......his being one...I think we have a good player in Song but Parker would have been a very sensible buy considering the price.

Please Please lets not miss out on these kind of players in the future, especially when they are basically begging to be signed.

GP
31-10-2011, 04:09 AM
NAh he's pretty shit.

And so was Dave Mackay.

Boss
31-10-2011, 04:22 AM
Should have signed him up as for the price he went for he was a bargain but it's unlikely Wenger will sign these types of players (one he's from the PL which is usually a no go and two he's over 30).

McNamara That Ghost...
31-10-2011, 08:14 AM
And the kind of signing we complain about, those prone to injuries. Hamstring in his case.

Cripps_orig
31-10-2011, 08:19 AM
The guy is quality and has been for some time. Best English midfielder around and some one our very own Sir Jack could have learnt off but we were never going to get him for 4 reasons. 1 - Wenger 2 - Parker wouldn't have any sell on value so the board would be against it 3 - Barca probably wouldn't buy him off us 4 - he's exactly what we needed

Xhaka Can’t
31-10-2011, 08:22 AM
I rate Parker, but he is injury prone.

http://images.wikia.com/muppet/images/2/2d/TMS.410.VetsHospital.jpg

As you can see, our medical team are busy enough already.

Boss
31-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Averaged 30+ starts a season over the last three years. For a player that doesn't play internationally and for a team like West Ham that usually plays less than 42 games in a season, that's not too bad.

McNamara That Ghost...
31-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Like I said, usually hamstring. And do you think that would get better or worse with us?

Xhaka Can’t
31-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Averaged 30+ starts a season over the last three years. For a player that doesn't play internationally and for a team like West Ham that usually plays less than 42 games in a season, that's not too bad.

We play well in excess of 42 games and as soon as he is in our team, you just know he'd have had international commitments.

Japan Shaking All Over
31-10-2011, 09:28 AM
For the price, his experience and his die for the cause attitude, a shortish contract would not have been too much to ask for.

The guy was exactly what we needed when we were most fragile at the start of the season. . .he would never have stopped Utd gang raping us at Old Trafford but he probably wouldnt have stepped all over Joey Cunton thus denying us the services of one of our veterans. . .he would have been a calming force when everyone was losing the plot at Blackeye and may have been able to at least pass to his own player against the Scum.

These are all suppositions but I bet I'm not wrong to think that Parker, even with his age and suspect hammies would have been a good bit of business.

server too busy!
31-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Ok but remember we didn't have half the squad we have now against Man Utd, so if we did sign him it would have been after that game anyway.

Also who would you drop? Arteta seems to be performing the battling role quite well and Song is doing well in putting out fires and getting assists and goals.

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2011, 10:19 AM
No-brainer signing of the summer and a total dosgrace it wasn't us signing him - particularly as he could well be Jack's midfield partner at the Euros. I have no trouble whatsoever calling Wenger out for this one - you fucked up big time Wenger and it's because you are a football snob. You've got to be on a high horse to be a snob, whereas we're on our ass so looking down our noses at a player like Parker is a joke. Irritates me to this day he's not playing for us.

Marc Overmars
31-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Yeah he would have been a shrewd piece of business at 5m.

But it's ancient history now.

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Yeah he would have been a shrewd piece of business at 5m.

But it's ancient history now.

Well I'm dragging it up again so I can be bitter about it! Got a problem with that?

Marc Overmars
31-10-2011, 10:30 AM
I have a problem with your face.

Niall_Quinn
31-10-2011, 10:37 AM
I have a problem with your face.

That's not my real face

MO :pal:

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2011, 10:37 AM
NAh he's pretty shit.

And so was Dave Mackay.

:gp:

Syn
31-10-2011, 10:41 AM
As a side point, I don't think it's silly to think he would've chosen the spuds over us because he'd rather play for Harry redknapp than wenger.

It was worth a go though. We are banking on Ramsey becoming a better version of Parker and on Saturdays evidence, he is well on the way.

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Should have signed him up as for the price he went for he was a bargain but it's unlikely Wenger will sign these types of players (one he's from the PL which is usually a no go and two he's over 30).

The same parker who led West ham to relegation, then bolted at the 1st sign. No thanks rather have Coq tbh.

Xhaka Can’t
31-10-2011, 11:02 AM
The same parker to led west ham to relegation and bolted at the 1st sign. No thanks rather have Coq tbh

There is no need to edit this post is there?

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2011, 11:07 AM
There is no need to edit this post is there?

:bow:GB
Me :pal:

Flavs
31-10-2011, 11:18 AM
NAh he's pretty shit.

And so was Dave Mackay.

Fuckin uber LOL

Ollie the Optimist
31-10-2011, 12:56 PM
think frimpong and coqulein will be better then him. and just cos harry says he is amazing after a good game against qpr doesnt mean he is

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2011, 01:33 PM
think frimpong and coqulein will be better then him. and just cos harry says he is amazing after a good game against qpr doesnt mean he is

Their not english so they will never be

Japan Shaking All Over
31-10-2011, 01:47 PM
The same parker who led West ham to relegation, then bolted at the 1st sign. No thanks rather have Coq tbh.

Shit Charlie. . .dicing with death aren't. . . .lucky you didnt use the small check

Japan Shaking All Over
31-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Ok but remember we didn't have half the squad we have now against Man Utd, so if we did sign him it would have been after that game anyway.

Also who would you drop? Arteta seems to be performing the battling role quite well and Song is doing well in putting out fires and getting assists and goals.

I think Song would have been the one looking over his shoulder!

If we had brought in Parker, he would have automatically jumped in Songs place after the Newcastle game and the start of Songs ban. . . .and it coukd have very much have been Song waiting for his chance as I imagine Parker would havw kept him out the team.
You pay for your mistakes and Song may well have still been paying but as MO said it history but we really should think harder when presented with a similar situation

The guy would have been an ideal addition, whether it were he or Song starting, it would have been handy having one of them on the bench. Title winning squafs have depth, the ability to rest players, Parker would not have been bought to play 42+ games, he would have been bought to provide quality back up/option. . .yes he was captain of WHU when they got relegated, he didnt lead them to relegation! The whole squad did that. . .but what his performances did lead him to was the writers player of the year. . .not a bad player after all

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Shit Charlie. . .dicing with death aren't. . . .lucky you didnt use the small check

Still rather have Coqulein and song

Olivier's xmas twist
31-10-2011, 02:23 PM
I think Song would have been the one looking over his shoulder!

If we had brought in Parker, he would have automatically jumped in Songs place after the Newcastle game and the start of Songs ban. . . .and it coukd have very much have been Song waiting for his chance as I imagine Parker would havw kept him out the team.
You pay for your mistakes and Song may well have still been paying but as MO said it history but we really should think harder when presented with a similar situation

The guy would have been an ideal addition, whether it were he or Song starting, it would have been handy having one of them on the bench. Title winning squafs have depth, the ability to rest players, Parker would not have been bought to play 42+ games, he would have been bought to provide quality back up/option. . .yes he was captain of WHU when they got relegated, he didnt lead them to relegation! The whole squad did that. . .but what his performances did lead him to was the writers player of the year. . .not a bad player after all

Its all good and till he gets injured again. we have more then enough injury prone players why add another 1