PDA

View Full Version : John Terry

Coney
01-11-2011, 08:06 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15548056.stm

The Metropolitan Police has launched a formal investigation into allegations that Chelsea captain John Terry racially abused QPR's Anton Ferdinand.

Terry, 30, has categorically denied aiming a racist slur at defender Ferdinand during Chelsea's 1-0 loss at Loftus Road on 23 October.

The Police spent a week "assessing" a complaint from a member of the public before launching an investigation.

If the FA won't act, ... ... ...

McNamara That Ghost...
01-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Hope he is off to Parkhurst.

Cripps_orig
01-11-2011, 11:43 PM
He could be the star of Mean Machine 2.

He can play Vinnie Jones part

Fats
02-11-2011, 07:31 AM
The "fans" were chanting racist abuse last night.

He cannot ever play for the country ever again. The man is a disgrace. Throw him out of football forever.

Xhaka Can’t
02-11-2011, 07:36 AM
The "fans" were chanting racist abuse last night.

He cannot ever play for the country ever again. The man is a disgrace. Throw him out of football forever.

Steady on cowboy.

If he's gonna do faceplants and shore up a defence conceding five goals against us, I don't want anyone kicking him out of football any time soon.

Marc Overmars
02-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Just heard the Chavs signing about Ferdinand last night.

Classy bunch.

I guess if you support a figurehead like Big Man, you won't be much different in the scum stakes to him.

IBK
02-11-2011, 09:58 AM
I hope 'Arry has something to say about it. He won;t though.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-11-2011, 10:08 AM
I hope 'Arry has something to say about it. He won;t though.

"He's a great player John and was in the Ammers Acadamey when i was there. He's not that type of Racist, it was taken out of context these lads do it all the time."

Injury Time
02-11-2011, 12:24 PM
apparently D wing are excited to hear he goes down easy

Olivier's xmas twist
02-11-2011, 01:01 PM
apparently D wing are excited to hear he goes down easy

Is that what Drogba told them

Olivier's xmas twist
02-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Steady on cowboy.

If he's gonna do faceplants and shore up a defence conceding five goals against us, I don't want anyone kicking him out of football any time soon.

But the fans who were chanting (if true) Should be banned Uefa need to man up and ban them like they have done with other european teams.

Make the chavs play behind close doors if they have too.

Niall_Quinn
02-11-2011, 04:09 PM
A witch hunt followed by a brush and a carpet is not the way to go. Neither is telling people what they should think or say. I couldn't give a shit if Terry is a racist, can anyone here really say otherwise? I mean really, as in it affects your life in some way? I couldn't give a shit about racism in general. If people want to be racist then let them. Why is it favourable to suppress their beliefs and then pretend there is no racism? That seems ridiculous and counter-productive to me. In fact why not give Terry a platform for his racism? Let everyone see what racism really is. Make him feel comfortable about exposing his racism in public. Then people can react accordingly and based on their own beliefs and judgements rather than some third party drivel that compels them to approve or disapprove as part of a mindless collective. If the Chelsea captain is a racist and is happy to racially abuse players on the pitch then it is up to the audience to decide if they want to watch that or not. It is up to them to decide what is really important to them and what is social window dressing. Racism will be stamped out of football for real when individuals make a free choice not to participate in it. If these people stay at home and don't pay Chelsea to parade a racist around in front of them then Chelsea will lose money and the cost of retaining John Terry will become too high, so he will be asked to leave. Things will then take care of themselves naturally and with a degree of honesty rather than the contrived media led bullshit we have to suffer as a substitute for sincerity. But if the crowd want to sit there and say, okay he's a racist but I still want to come and watch him play, then isn't that better than everyone pretending the crowd does not think this - even though their actions betray their words? Then we can all say, oh yes Chelsea, that's the racist team isn't it? And the English national team can stop leading the charge for kicking racism out of football because it's hardly correct to do that if your captain is a racist. And perhaps the Chelsea visitor seats can be empty for every match, and teams can refuse to shake their hands, and they are booed and scorned at every away match. Except by those from other clubs (many as they are) who are also racist and might instead want to clap the obnoxious John Terry. Why couldn't honesty be used to sort this problem out, or at least gauge the scope of the problem?

Is it also racist to support our troops being sent abroad to steal oil and gas? Or is that an understandable and acceptable form of racism?

For me, and if I want to be honest, I'm glad this issue has happened because it has destabilised Chelsea and given us a better chance of finishing above them in the league. After that, I don't really like John Terry and he's done enough to warrant some pay back. In other words, this is not happening to an unworthy victim. Do I worry about Anton Ferdinand and how he feels about it all?

Who the fuck is Anton Ferdinand? Never heard of him.

Olivier's xmas twist
02-11-2011, 04:26 PM
A witch hunt followed by a brush and a carpet is not the way to go. Neither is telling people what they should think or say. I couldn't give a shit if Terry is a racist, can anyone here really say otherwise? I mean really, as in it affects your life in some way? I couldn't give a shit about racism in general. If people want to be racist then let them. Why is it favourable to suppress their beliefs and then pretend there is no racism? That seems ridiculous and counter-productive to me. In fact why not give Terry a platform for his racism? Let everyone see what racism really is. Make him feel comfortable about exposing his racism in public. Then people can react accordingly and based on their own beliefs and judgements rather than some third party drivel that compels them to approve or disapprove as part of a mindless collective. If the Chelsea captain is a racist and is happy to racially abuse players on the pitch then it is up to the audience to decide if they want to watch that or not. It is up to them to decide what is really important to them and what is social window dressing. Racism will be stamped out of football for real when individuals make a free choice not to participate in it. If these people stay at home and don't pay Chelsea to parade a racist around in front of them then Chelsea will lose money and the cost of retaining John Terry will become too high, so he will be asked to leave. Things will then take care of themselves naturally and with a degree of honesty rather than the contrived media led bullshit we have to suffer as a substitute for sincerity. But if the crowd want to sit there and say, okay he's a racist but I still want to come and watch him play, then isn't that better than everyone pretending the crowd does not think this - even though their actions betray their words? Then we can all say, oh yes Chelsea, that's the racist team isn't it? And the English national team can stop leading the charge for kicking racism out of football because it's hardly correct to do that if your captain is a racist. And perhaps the Chelsea visitor seats can be empty for every match, and teams can refuse to shake their hands, and they are booed and scorned at every away match. Except by those from other clubs (many as they are) who are also racist and might instead want to clap the obnoxious John Terry. Why couldn't honesty be used to sort this problem out, or at least gauge the scope of the problem?

Is it also racist to support our troops being sent abroad to steal oil and gas? Or is that an understandable and acceptable form of racism?

For me, and if I want to be honest, I'm glad this issue has happened because it has destabilised Chelsea and given us a better chance of finishing above them in the league. After that, I don't really like John Terry and he's done enough to warrant some pay back. In other words, this is not happening to an unworthy victim. Do I worry about Anton Ferdinand and how he feels about it all?

Ok...

Syn
02-11-2011, 04:44 PM

Lets assume 3 simple things:

- Racism is wrong
- Too many people are stupid
- To co-ordinate a punishment like the one you described... (i.e. "Let Terry tell everyone he's racist (he's not btw...he's just an idiot) and the 'good' people will be disgusted and not want to pay his wages and watch a team skippered by Adolf 2")...is impossible. It's the same reason why protests are pointless. Go big or go home...either blow shit up or STFU...at the margin, a single person tearing his season ticket up is doing absolutely nothing to change things.

Then 'honesty' is not a better option than doing the right thing...which is that Terry should not really be allowed to get away with a racial slur. Whether there was any intent behind it (there wasn't btw...he's just an idiot) is not too important - for the same reason that killing someone while drunk is just as bad as killing someone while sober.

Niall_Quinn
02-11-2011, 05:04 PM
he's not btw...he's just an idiot

Probably true. But the dishonest way we go about things means we get a dishonest outcome. Terry is now a racist, whether he is or not. Game over, the mindless have been spoken to. I don't think too many people are stupid, I think too many people are lazy. So lazy they even let others do their thinking for them. This is more harmful than racism, in the long run. Lazy people can be used to endorse and excuse almost any atrocity.

either blow shit up or STFU

Well I agree with that (probably out of frustration), but hardly anyone else does. They are far more rational about their impotence, grateful even.

LDG
02-11-2011, 05:06 PM
John Terry has already been given that platform. He is in the public eye, and get's paid handsomly for it.

If Football wants to kick racisim out of football, then Chelsea should kick John Terry in the cunt, and tell him to piss off out of the club, and FIFA shold ban him from everplaying football again.

But kicking racisim out of football, sadly, is only something Cyril Regis does in his spare time, and as long as fans see the brand, and clubs and associations see that people see the brand, it's all good.

John Terry can fuck the fuck off, the braindead spawn of a robbing, drug pushing family. Cunt.

Marc Overmars
02-11-2011, 05:09 PM
It's John Terry.

Guilty until proven innocent imo.

GP
02-11-2011, 05:23 PM
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Rob/neonsign.png

Xhaka Can’t
02-11-2011, 09:50 PM
I don't like John Terry, and I never have.

There, I said it.

McNamara That Ghost...
02-11-2011, 09:56 PM
It's John Terry.

Guilty until proven innocent imo.

Guilty even when innocent.

PGFC
02-11-2011, 09:57 PM
I've never liked the Terrys, ever since Terry senior sold me some shit coke. :sulk:

Niall_Quinn
02-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Guilty even when innocent.

You can't get fairer than that!

Master Splinter
02-11-2011, 09:59 PM
I've never liked the Terrys, ever since Terry senior sold me some shit coke. :sulk:

Pepsi Max?

What a cunt.

PGFC
02-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Cut with Vimto, the dirty cheating cunt.

Olivier's xmas twist
01-12-2011, 03:59 PM
The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has been handed a police file concerning allegations England and Chelsea captain John Terry made racist comments.
Terry has been accused of using racist language towards Queens Park Rangers' Anton Ferdinand, during Chelsea's 1-0 defeat at Loftus Road on 23 October.
The CPS received the file late on Wednesday night and will now decide whether to bring a prosecution.
If Terry is found guilty, he could lose the England captaincy.
'I'm saddened' After the allegations were made, Terry issued a statement saying: "I've seen that there's a lot of comments on the internet with regards to some video footage of me during the game.
"I'm disappointed that people have leapt to the wrong conclusions about the context of what I was seen to be saying to Anton Ferdinand."I would never say such a thing, and I'm saddened that people would think so."
Ferdinand has said he has "very strong" feelings on what happened but would not say anymore about it until the Football Association's investigation was over.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15985420

Niall_Quinn
01-12-2011, 04:07 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15985420

Apart from the fact this whole thing has been blown to stupid proportions and there's zero possibility of them getting a just conviction - does this mean if I decide to hurl racist abuse around my punishment will be to lose the England captaincy? I could live with that to be honest, especially as I'm not the England captain (believe it or not).

Syn
01-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Apart from the fact this whole thing has been blown to stupid proportions and there's zero possibility of them getting a just conviction - does this mean if I decide to hurl racist abuse around my punishment will be to lose the England captaincy? I could live with that to be honest, especially as I'm not the England captain (believe it or not).

if?

Niall_Quinn
01-12-2011, 04:10 PM
if?

I meant to add, "again" or "as usual"

Syn
01-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I meant to add, "again" or "as usual"

:good:

Syn
03-02-2012, 12:09 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16866149

S (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16866149)tripped of captaincy. Thankfully there are fantastic contenders to take over such as Gerrard, Rooney and Ashley Cole.

I hate these bunch of wankers. The England team used to be worth supporting (minus Shearer)

Dennis Bendtner
03-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Getting stripped of the captaincy twice is quite impressive. Only a brave lion could manage that.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Get ready for a Big Man moment on Sunday. :sick:

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Getting stripped of the captaincy twice is quite impressive. Only a brave lion could manage that.

You need character to achieve that. A bad one. Who could have known, based on his past?

PGFC
03-02-2012, 01:35 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16866149

S (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16866149)tripped of captaincy. Thankfully there are fantastic contenders to take over such as Gerrard, Rooney and Ashley Cole.

I hate these bunch of wankers. The England team used to be worth supporting (minus Shearer)

I like the hidden subtext in that story - "The FA call John Terry a Cunt"

Marc Overmars
03-02-2012, 01:54 PM
It's a shame John Terry won't be able to emulate his idol and lead his country into Poland.

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2012, 03:20 PM
It's a shame John Terry won't be able to emulate his idol and lead his country into Poland.

He could still emulate him by finding a bunker and shooting himself in the head.

Cripps_orig
03-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Arise Sir Jack of Wilshere and captain the team to Euro 2012 glory

And then get injured

Ollie the Optimist
03-02-2012, 09:10 PM
joey barton on twitter told the jury that terry was 100% guilty and it would be a joke not to find him guilty.

so thats barton having another spell in prison for contempt of court. ****

Niall_Quinn
03-02-2012, 09:38 PM
joey barton on twitter told the jury that terry was 100% guilty and it would be a joke not to find him guilty.

so thats barton having another spell in prison for contempt of court. ****

They can probably get him on obstruction of justice too as whatever Barton advises everyone is likely to do the opposite.

Marc Overmars
03-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Barton's Twitter is worth a read tbh. Which you can't say about certain other players. "Deeeeeeeeeeeeench" "Ohhh Archie is amazing, time for a cuppa!"....uhuh.

He's pretty honest and it's quite funny how people take exception to a footballer having a real opinion.

Xhaka Can’t
03-02-2012, 10:52 PM
I disagree.

If something truly tragic were to happen to Joey Barton, and I mean TRULY tragic, I'd be cool with that.

Marc Overmars
03-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Oh yeah, the guy is a scummer of the highest order, but if he doesn't like something he speaks out and that's worth a read to me. Especially as he is speaking against Big Man here - which I'd wager no other English player has the balls to do.

Ollie the Optimist
05-02-2012, 02:19 PM
anyone seen his latest tweets? he says he will gladly go to jail for a month as it will make him a martyr of free speech. then he admits he didnt see or hear anything terry said yet told the world and jury he was guilty,

what a ****bucket

Olivier's xmas twist
06-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Fabio Capello has risked the wrath of his employers the Football Association after expressing his disapproval at their decision to strip John Terry of the England captaincy.

In candid interview with Italian state broadcaster Rai 1 Capello has openly backed the Chelsea man, who on Friday learnt he will not captain his country at the European Championship.

"I completely disagree with the FA about the John Terry decision and I have told that to the chairman," said Capello.

"The court will decide. It's going to be civil justice, not sports justice, to decide if John Terry committed that crime that he is accused of.

"I considered and still consider Terry as the England captain. I think we first should wait for the trial conclusion."

Terry is awaiting trial after being accused of racially abusing Queens Park Rangers defender Anton Ferdinand in a Premier League game which took place in October. The case will be heard on July 9, just days after the end of Euro 2012.

FA chairman David Bernstein contacted the other members of the organisation's 12-strong board on Thursday to seek their views on Terry's captaincy, before informing both the player and Capello of their decision.

"Following the decision to adjourn the court case against John Terry to July, The Football Association confirm he will not captain the England team until the allegations against him are resolved," read a statement released on the FA's official website on Friday.

"The FA Board expected the trial to be concluded prior to the European Championship. Further to Wednesday's confirmation that the trial will not take place until after the tournament, the Board has discussed the matter in detail and has collectively decided it is in the interests of all parties that John has the responsibilities of captaincy removed at this time.

"This decision has been taken due to the higher profile nature of the England captaincy, on and off the pitch, and the additional demands and requirements expected of the captain leading into and during a tournament.

"The FA Board can confirm that he has not been excluded from the squad and that Fabio Capello is free to select him for the Holland fixture on 29 February and the European Championship.

"This decision in no way infers any suggestion of guilt in relation to the charge made against John Terry. The FA will be not be making any further comment on this matter."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/7490644/Capello-JT-still-skipper

Coney
06-02-2012, 10:14 AM
SO...

Capello gets canned/resigns and buggers off. 'arry gets a 'Not guilty' verdict and immediately steps in as England manager. Spuds collapse and end up 15th while we take a top 4 slot along with Liverpool and the 2 manc clubs, chavs being beaten to 5th by a resurgent Swansea.

I'd take that. :good:

Boss
06-02-2012, 10:24 AM
:lol:

Hope that the above happens as Harry would get tactically destroyed by any half decent English manager.

McNamara That Ghost...
06-02-2012, 10:33 AM
SO...

Capello gets canned/resigns and buggers off. 'arry gets a 'Not guilty' verdict and immediately steps in as England manager. Spuds collapse and end up 15th while we take a top 4 slot along with Liverpool and the 2 manc clubs, chavs being beaten to 5th by a resurgent Swansea.

'Arry to get sent down, hopefully.

GP
06-02-2012, 10:36 AM
'Arry to get sent down, hopefully.

Hopefully.

Letters
06-02-2012, 10:39 AM
I'd love to see 'Arry as England manager. It would stuff the Spuds and when England are still shit, which we will be, the press will stop bleating about how we need an English manager (which I agree is the ideal but won't change the fact that basically our players aren't as good as we like to think).

Flavs
06-02-2012, 11:53 AM
SO...

Spurs would just then get Capello and still be better than us

Shaqiri Is Boss
06-02-2012, 01:29 PM
SO...

I'll take that. :good:

Edit: Just realised that's pretty much exactly what you said.....

Dennis Bendtner
07-02-2012, 03:11 PM
http://h9.abload.de/img/terry89x2h.gif

Coney
08-02-2012, 01:10 PM
SO...

OK - one down, 5 to go... :pray:

Coney
08-02-2012, 08:13 PM
SO...

Two down, 4 to go. It's on!!

Olivier's xmas twist
08-02-2012, 08:20 PM
:bow: Coney

Coney
26-02-2012, 03:54 PM
SO...

Two down, 4 to go. It's on!!

Three down! ... ... ...

McNamara That Ghost...
20-05-2012, 05:06 PM
So close.

Also, it can't be too far away before Big Man's case is decided.

Olivier's xmas twist
20-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Terry now has one up on Stevie me ffs.

Shaqiri Is Boss
20-05-2012, 05:16 PM
How?

And in what way?

Cripps_orig
20-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Terry now has one up on Stevie me ffs.Um Gerrard has won the CL...

Syn
21-05-2012, 07:08 AM
Did Terry fly out to France to lift Montpellier's trophy?

Olivier's xmas twist
21-05-2012, 08:02 AM
Um Gerrard has won the CL...

Yes but not the League, Tezza has both now.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-05-2012, 08:04 AM

Yes he did, and enroute he went to Wembley and helped lift the Blue Square Trophy too.

Marc Overmars
21-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Yeah, he got changed into their kit and everything.

Olivier's xmas twist
21-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Yeah, he got changed into their kit and everything.

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2012, 10:06 AM

That was the plan but the French refused to exclude their black players so Big Man did the right thing and boycotted it. More nasty racism going on with the Spanish, apparently they are hinting Terry won't be allowed to lift the Euro trophy if they win it. But we all know what the Spanish are like so no surprise.

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2012, 11:47 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9279270/John-Terry-takes-his-rightful-place-in-history-as-an-Apollo-astronaut-Usain-Bolt-and-and-a-multi-Grammy-winner.html

Chrissie
21-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Ben Fenton ‏@benfenton
I think that was John Terry coming on to hit winning run at Lord's but couldn't tell under helmet and v large white shin pads.

Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet

Chrissie
21-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Ben Fenton ‏@benfenton
Just waiting to see at what point John Terry is going to step in and defend Facebook share price.

Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet

Syn
21-05-2012, 02:10 PM

Niall_Quinn
21-05-2012, 02:12 PM
First player ever to become a laughing stock for getting a CL winning medal?

Syn
22-05-2012, 05:36 PM
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02226/michaelangelo-padd_2226561k.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02226/virgin-birth-dave-_2226573k.jpg

There's a bunch of them here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/picturegalleries/9282200/John-Terrys-scene-stealing-inspires-Telegraph-Sport-readers-in-pictures.html?frame=2226573

Xhaka Can’t
22-05-2012, 08:51 PM
Arsenal stars use 'John Terry' as code for ugly girls, says Wojciech Szczesny

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/899869-arsenal-stars-use-john-terry-as-code-for-ugly-girls-says-wojciech-szczesny#ixzz1vdMYQpEa

Marc Overmars
22-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Big Man moment coming up against them next year now. :doh:

Well done Chesney.

Syn
22-05-2012, 09:23 PM

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/899869-arsenal-stars-use-john-terry-as-code-for-ugly-girls-says-wojciech-szczesny#ixzz1vdMYQpEa

I would like to hear Ghelkers' response to this. "The lad's hardly brad pitt is he?" in his little shit haircut voice.

Personally, as well you know I feel it is little bit #shitbanter

I'm thinking of doing a U-turn on these English failures. They're thick as fuck and you can see this primitive thinking on the pitch. What we need are some clever foreigners.

fakeyank
22-05-2012, 09:37 PM

:haha:

Legend :bow:

Cripps_orig
22-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Sodsjhfdfhdfkjny talks to much for my liking

Needs to stfu and concentrate on become as good as he can be

Marc Overmars
22-05-2012, 09:42 PM
It is true that our GHEL generation hasn't quite turned out how we hoped. What with most of them being either dead or retarded.

Make or break next season imho.

Olivier's xmas twist
22-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Sodsjhfdfhdfkjny talks to much for my liking

Needs to stfu and concentrate on become as good as he can be

All players do, its banter that's all. If most of our players had his backbone we'd be better off.

Ollie the Optimist
22-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Big Man moment coming up against them next year now. :doh:

Well done Chesney.

hopefully the one like this year

big man :haha:

Olivier's xmas twist
22-05-2012, 11:48 PM
hopefully the one like this year

big man :haha:

Pretty much.

Gubby Allen
26-05-2012, 07:13 AM
When even William Shatner is on have I Got News For You taking the piss out of you for wearing shorts, shinpads & drinking lucozade after a game you didn't play in you know you're a c***.

Gubby Allen
26-05-2012, 07:15 AM
Terry dedicates Champions League win to himself
21-05-12

JOHN Terry’s single-handed capture of the Champions League trophy was especially for John Terry, it has emerged.

Terry now plans to spend a few days gazing at his reflection in a pond
Speaking from his eighteen-bedroom mansion built in the shape of his own face, the pathologically-confident Chelsea defender also suggested his England team mates need not fly out to Poland as he has this one covered.

Terry said: “When John Terry beat Barcelona, many said John Terry couldn’t repeat that effort against Bayern, but they underestimated how much it means to John Terry to make John Terry’s dreams come true.

“John Terry can now take this form into the Euro 2012 tournament and face some of the best non-John Terry teams in Europe to win John Terry a trophy for the first time since 1966.

“They think it’s John Terry? It is now.”

Meanwhile, Chelsea caretaker manager Roberto Di Matteo has been told he will need to cure a major disease to secure the job permanently.

After winning two trophies and making Chelsea play like they’ve actually met each other before, Di Matteo felt confident of being offered the role but it’s understood Roman Abramovich is looking for something a bit more Nobel-Prize-winning-y from the ovoid-faced Italian.

Di Matteo said: “I was given the alternative task of making everybody in the world not want to punch John Terry in the face with a fist made out of threshing machines, but boxing off cancer seemed a more realistic target.

“I think I am ideal for the role but I know I face stiff competition from, well, you can probably guess who, can’t you?”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/terry-dedicates-champions-league-win-to-himself-2012052127828