PDA

View Full Version : Villa Defector

H2O
08-11-2011, 02:51 AM
Hello all. I am new to the forum. I am an ex-villa fan. I have always been kind of a closet Arsenal fan. I have always loved the way Arsenal play and they way they go about their business. I really respect Wenger. I love the way that he has confidence in the young players and they way he finds these prototypical attacking midfielders. I began watching the English premier league in 2006 and I just kind of "picked" Villa as my team to follow. Well, after watching them sell their best player every year, running off a manager that I had a lot of respect for, and refusing to re-invest in the team unless they were about to go down, i.e. Darren Bent, I decided enough was enough. Now that Agbonlahor is tearing it up they will probably sell him to the highest bidder and that would be something that I really couldn’t stomach. I know that Arsenal sells players too, just look at Nasri and Fabregas, but they seem to be able to gain some sort of loyalty from their home grown players. This is something that Villa has been unable to do since the exit of O’Neill.

I hope I am welcome here and I really don’t know why I didn’t just choose Arsenal from the beginning. I do feel better now that I am behind Arsenal 100%. I know that I will have to deal with some s-talking for turning my back on villa, but that’s ok. I know what it’s like to stick with a team through thick and thin. I have been a Texas Rangers fan for 25 years.

Now I think it is time for me to start catching up on the history of this great club. If you guys have any sites that would fill me in on that, let me know.
H

Niall_Quinn
08-11-2011, 03:09 AM
Welcome. Goal.com is very good for all the latest news.

Marc Overmars
08-11-2011, 08:26 AM
How do you just stop supporting a team at the flick of a switch? :unsure:

Cripps_orig
08-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Well we can't call him a glory hunter that's for sure.

Coney
08-11-2011, 01:13 PM
How do you just stop supporting a team at the flick of a switch? :unsure:

Ask Ashburton 2006.

H2O
08-11-2011, 01:25 PM
I can't say it was just a flick of the switch. I stuck through last year and almost half of this year, but I have been contemplating this for quite a while. This summer was really tough with the loss of Downing and Young. It is just the same year after year. Thanks for the welcomes.

Young Guns 11
08-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Welcome!

Coney
08-11-2011, 01:32 PM
I can't say it was just a flick of the switch. I stuck through last year and almost half of this year, but I have been contemplating this for quite a while. This summer was really tough with the loss of Downing and Young. It is just the same year after year. Thanks for the welcomes.

You'll find the place familiar, then.

Letters
08-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Welcome to the bandwaggon. Apologies for the flat tyre.

PGFC
08-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Welcome :tiphat:

IBK
08-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Hello all. I am new to the forum. I am an ex-villa fan. I have always been kind of a closet Arsenal fan. I have always loved the way Arsenal play and they way they go about their business. I really respect Wenger. I love the way that he has confidence in the young players and they way he finds these prototypical attacking midfielders. I began watching the English premier league in 2006 and I just kind of "picked" Villa as my team to follow. Well, after watching them sell their best player every year, running off a manager that I had a lot of respect for, and refusing to re-invest in the team unless they were about to go down, i.e. Darren Bent, I decided enough was enough. Now that Agbonlahor is tearing it up they will probably sell him to the highest bidder and that would be something that I really couldn’t stomach. I know that Arsenal sells players too, just look at Nasri and Fabregas, but they seem to be able to gain some sort of loyalty from their home grown players. This is something that Villa has been unable to do since the exit of O’Neill.

I hope I am welcome here and I really don’t know why I didn’t just choose Arsenal from the beginning. I do feel better now that I am behind Arsenal 100%. I know that I will have to deal with some s-talking for turning my back on villa, but that’s ok. I know what it’s like to stick with a team through thick and thin. I have been a Texas Rangers fan for 25 years.

Now I think it is time for me to start catching up on the history of this great club. If you guys have any sites that would fill me in on that, let me know.
H

Welcome, friend. I see you're from the US - and presumably don't have any deep- seated historical allegiances, so if you want to start supporting our club, that's cool...and propers for not switching to one of the 3 clubs likely to do better than us over the short term...

You will see extremes of love/hate, and information/nonsense on here for sure.

For other sites, I'd subscribe to Arseblog if I were you. http://arseblog.com/

Niall_Quinn
08-11-2011, 03:18 PM
You will see extremes of love/hate, and information/nonsense on here for sure.

Nonsense. This is the the best, most informative and sensible Gooners forum on the net.

Unlike your face.

Xhaka Can’t
08-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Welcome to the bandwaggon. Apologies for the flat tyre.

:lol:

Welcome! We do have a resident Villan here if you change back!

Flavs
09-11-2011, 10:40 AM
:wave:

fakeyank
10-11-2011, 08:54 AM
Are you from Texas or just a Rangers fan?

Either way :ilt:

EDIT: my bad, just noticed your location is Texas :pal:

Oh and you are going to be supporting Arsenal :pal:

H2O
10-11-2011, 04:59 PM
The Rangers are a torturous team to watch, but whats so bad about the state of Texas? Your a Yankees fan aren't ya?

Niall_Quinn
10-11-2011, 05:08 PM
:popcorn:

Cripps_orig
10-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Ever been to England?

Niall_Quinn
10-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Ever been to England?

I live in England you idiot!

Cripps_orig
10-11-2011, 05:39 PM

:pal:

Niall_Quinn
10-11-2011, 05:40 PM
:pal:

What's wrong with England?

Cripps_orig
10-11-2011, 05:42 PM

Shit football team.

Nothing else needs to be said

H2O
10-11-2011, 05:54 PM
I haven't been to England, but I will be going in a couple of years if I can get my ole lady to agree to it.

Marc Overmars
10-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Better off in America tbh.

Pwns this country in every way possible.

Niall_Quinn
10-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Better off in America tbh.

Pwns this country in every way possible.

Grr, almost wrote an essay. I'll leave it though.

Master Splinter
10-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Grr, almost wrote an essay. I'll leave it though.

Thank fuck.

Xhaka Can’t
10-11-2011, 06:54 PM

:haha:

fakeyank
11-11-2011, 02:42 AM
The Rangers are a torturous team to watch, but whats so bad about the state of Texas? Your a Yankees fan aren't ya?

Nope, not a Yankees fan. I dont like American sports. Only team I remotely keep an eye out for is the Bills and thats because I did my college in Buffalo. I want them to do well but could care less if they dont win (like they havent won forever). Oh I do like NY Redbulls though but thats coz Thierry Henry plays for them!

State of Texas, well, around quite a few places in the US, Texas is looked at as a state with religious bigots, racists, Bush Family (that should be bad enough), red necks and republicans! My comment was made to make fun of that fact.. do I seriously mean it? No! I have never been to Texas and my comment is just a 'GW standard' of having a laugh :unsure:

Either ways, no offense meant to be taken! Welcome :beer:

H2O
11-11-2011, 03:13 AM
No offense taken. We do have our share of the groups that you speak of. They can be difficult to deal with, but for the most part they are just ignorant morons and I pay them no mind. Oh the Bills...I think the Texas Rangers are the gonna be the Bills of MLB. Just can't win that last game or series. Some of us Texans aren't so bad though. It sucks that when you think of Texas you think of cows and boots and big ass hats.

IBK
11-11-2011, 10:53 AM
No offense taken. We do have our share of the groups that you speak of. They can be difficult to deal with, but for the most part they are just ignorant morons and I pay them no mind. Oh the Bills...I think the Texas Rangers are the gonna be the Bills of MLB. Just can't win that last game or series. Some of us Texans aren't so bad though. It sucks that when you think of Texas you think of cows and boots and big ass hats.

And politicians who are as thick as pig shit.

Niall_Quinn
11-11-2011, 01:18 PM
And politicians who are as thick as pig shit.

Ron Paul baby - sharp as tacks. Admittedly an exception to the rule.

IBK
11-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Ron Paul baby - sharp as tacks. Admittedly an exception to the rule.

Aye.

H2O
12-11-2011, 06:13 AM
Ron Paul is the only real hope we have in getting out of this debt mess we are in. He realistically has no chance due to the voting public being a bunch of extremist nullards. They either lean too far one way or the other creating a democrat/republican headbutting fiasco that is neverending.

fakeyank
12-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Ron Paul is the only real hope we have in getting out of this debt mess we are in. He realistically has no chance due to the voting public being a bunch of extremist nullards. They either lean too far one way or the other creating a democrat/republican headbutting fiasco that is neverending.

:gp:

Ron Paul is the real slim shady! :cool:

Too bad he will always be looked as the cool candidate who took some votes away from the dems and republicans. We need some sort of middle ground in this country.. with the house and senate divided the way it is, the only real thing thats happening right now is the common ppl getting shafted.

Xhaka Can’t
12-11-2011, 11:00 AM
You have the 'middle ground'. He is sitting in the White House, but the nuts in the Republican Party make it impossible to govern the US.

Niall_Quinn
12-11-2011, 12:20 PM
You have the 'middle ground'. He is sitting in the White House, but the nuts in the Republican Party make it impossible to govern the US.

You talking about Barry? Goldman Sach's footstool? If he had his (bosses) way, government would regulate the colour of shite and tax its production. You're right about the repugs too, but only because the GOP has long been hijacked by a bunch of self-preservationists who talk about smaller government but always end up increasing the burden of it whenever given the chance. They're both up to their necks in it, red and blue, and the American people (and others) are picking up the ever escalating and completely insane credit card bill. Old school Republicans would know how to sort this out and yes, the solution would rightly involve firearms, just as it did back in the day when Washington got a bee in his bonnet over tyranny and greed.

Government itself is the problem. The more you have of it the worse it gets. "Coincidentally" every other country in the world seems to have the same problem. If government was called anything other than government (and hadn't appointed itself custodian of all the laws that preserve it) it would be routed from the face of the earth.

Coney
12-11-2011, 12:22 PM

It does not have a motivational English manager who knows how to tell the slackers to fuck off and also plays a 4-4-2 which seems to suit English players best for some reason.

Niall_Quinn
12-11-2011, 12:28 PM
It does not have a motivational English manager who knows how to tell the slackers to fuck off and also plays a 4-4-2 which seems to suit English players best for some reason.

So if we viewed international football as anything more than just an injury threat to our players this would be a problem worth worrying about? As it is, international football is nothing more than an injury threat to our players. So all is well!

Coney
12-11-2011, 12:32 PM
So if we viewed international football as anything more than just an injury threat to our players this would be a problem worth worrying about? As it is, international football is nothing more than an injury threat to our players. So all is well!

Arsenal before England for me. If we were to lie like some clubs and pretend our players are too injured for international duty, I'd have no problem with that. Especially for friendlies - risking injury for a competition is one thing, risking injury in matches that most supporters don't seem to give a toss about is just stupid.

Flavs
14-11-2011, 09:17 AM
State of Texas, well, around quite a few places in the US, Texas is looked at as a state with religious bigots, racists, red necks and republicans!

To be fair mate your sort are pretty much hated everywhere, not just Texas

:good:

fakeyank
14-11-2011, 09:27 AM
To be fair mate your sort are pretty much hated everywhere, not just Texas

Well haters gonna hate.. what can you say? US is just going to go forward and be the second greatest nation in the world!

Flavs
14-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Well haters gonna hate.. what can you say? US is just going to go forward and be the second greatest nation in the world!

I am studying the history of America at the moment and a man of your colour never really stood a chance to be honest, you are a bit to "native" to be honest. You should watch your back, there will be a Plymouth puritan trying to give you smallpox any second...

McNamara That Ghost...
22-01-2012, 10:45 PM
He'll defect back next week.

Rors
23-01-2012, 12:01 AM
He'll defect back next week.

PGFC
30-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Good move :good: