PDA

View Full Version : Carl Jenksinon signed

Sirjackofwilshere
24-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Finland Confirm Arsenal Sign Jenkinson

The Finnish Football Association have confirmed that Arsenal have signed Carl Jenkinson from Charlton Athletic. A compensation package of around £1 million has been agreed.

Arsenal moved for Jenkinson two months ago, after he rejected a new contract with Charlton. The life-long Gooner quickly agreed terms with the Gunners, but the two clubs have been thrashing out a compensation package, as Carl is under 24.

A fee of around £3 million was initially debated for the right back, who can play anywhere along the back four or in midfield. Both parties agreed on a figure two weeks ago, and now the Finnish FA have confirmed the transfer, listing Jenkinson as a player from ‘Arsenal FC’.

You can catch a full interview with a Charlton youth writer about Carl in the coming days.

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/05/finland-confirm-arsenal-sign-jenkinson/

Can play lb or rb and is 6"2 so will hopefully be a good addition

cheesy bites
24-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Life long Gooner? Practically a GHEL? Possibly ousting Clichy?

Love it.

The Wengerbabies
24-05-2011, 04:17 PM
After Wenger's recent signings I find it hard to get excited/expectant from them anymore.

Marc Overmars
24-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Bye bye Clichy then?

Gibbs first choice?

IBK
24-05-2011, 04:47 PM
can play anywhere along the back four or in midfield

- Is what slightly depresses me. AW chasing so called all rounders yet again. I would prefer more horses for courses in this team.

Niall_Quinn
24-05-2011, 05:03 PM
Meh. Mr Cheapskate strikes again.

McNamara That Ghost...
24-05-2011, 05:43 PM
It's on!

The Wengerbabies
24-05-2011, 05:55 PM
- Is what slightly depresses me. AW chasing so called all rounders yet again. I would prefer more horses for courses in this team.

Doesn't matter really, if he had a specific position you can be sure Wenger would never play him there.

Özim
24-05-2011, 06:15 PM
We'll look to add one maybe two more signings if we can find them.

Never seen this guy play, never really heard of him either other than the rumour he was signing for us. I thought you usually heard about the players impressing in lower leagues.

Maestro
24-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Quick off the mark we are
It's on!

hobson's choice
24-05-2011, 06:25 PM
*Shrugs shoulders*

McNamara That Ghost...
24-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Quick off the mark we are

It'll be the common theme until February next year. :ninja:

selassie
24-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Project Youth ##

Maestro
24-05-2011, 07:48 PM
It's on fo sho

Has anyone actually ever seen this kid play? ..okay even on youtube?

Marc Overmars
24-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Never heard of him personally.

He's English born but plays for Finland because of his mother. GHEL, tbh.

I'd rather keep Clichy to be honest because I don't think Gibbs is good enough right now. Whether you rate Clichy or not, we will certainly be weaker at left back without him IMO.

Maestro
24-05-2011, 07:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J61-X1DRcNc

good luck kid you'll need it, say goodbye to your defensive coach if you have one ..take a good long hard look at him, it might be the last time you see a defensive coach for a long time

Maestro
24-05-2011, 07:55 PM
it appears to me the kid is not a natural left back, rather a right back ...don't know but just appears so - youtube scouting of course

Maestro
24-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Nervous at the best of times with Clichy but Gibbs scares the shit out of me all the time. Rating players by fear factor since 2005
Never heard of him personally.

He's English born but plays for Finland because of his mother. GHEL, tbh.

I'd rather keep Clichy to be honest because I don't think Gibbs is good enough right now. Whether you rate Clichy or not, we will certainly be weaker at left back without him IMO.

Harland
25-05-2011, 05:38 AM
Carl whooooooo?

Flavs
25-05-2011, 05:45 AM
Bye bye Clichy then?

Gibbs first choice?

Jesus lets hope not, Gibbs is shocking

gunsofashburtongrove
25-05-2011, 08:03 AM
Don't think he is a Clichy replacement. From what i have heard he is a right back who can play anywhere in the back 4 or as DM. Looks like Eboue is off. 6.2' young GHEL as a second choice right back doesn't sound too bad

Injury Time
25-05-2011, 08:08 AM
Don't think he is a Clichy replacement. From what i have heard he is a right back who can play anywhere in the back 4 or as DM. Looks like Eboue is off. 6.2' young GHEL as a second choice right back doesn't sound too bad
or Wenger logic a great DCM of the future so Diaby is off....

server too busy!
25-05-2011, 08:09 AM
geez he looks like he has no left foot and just wants to play hoofball.

LDG
25-05-2011, 08:35 AM
You can tell (at least from that clip) that the lad can defend. Positioning is right every time, and not afraid to get stuck in. Got some pace and power too.

Flavs
25-05-2011, 08:38 AM
You can tell (at least from that clip) that the lad can defend. Positioning is right every time, and not afraid to get stuck in. Got some pace and power too.

This is Wengers new philosphy, fill the team with big hard british lads and get rid of all the namby pamby foriegners, that way we might be able to defend a set piece

Özim
25-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Thing is though the star players in the championship or lower leagues are well known, noone's really heard of this guy though so who knows how good he really is.

I don't really trust AW when it comes to defenders, he's more interested in how they attack (not including crosses).

Kaiser
25-05-2011, 08:39 AM
geez he looks like he has no left foot and just wants to play hoofball.
Look at the pitch that game was played on though, it was pretty much just mud.

ElusiveGooner
25-05-2011, 09:13 AM
meh:coffee:

Darth Vela
25-05-2011, 11:12 AM
6.2' young GHEL

Positioning is right every time, and not afraid to get stuck in. Got some pace and power too.

get rid of all the namby pamby foriegners

You guys better be right cos that sounds like a plan.

LDG
25-05-2011, 11:33 AM
You guys better be right cos that sounds like a plan.

Can't say for sure. Was just looking at that clip. You watch gibbs, eboue and clichy and the number of times they're out of position. They don't show players the outside, and get caught inside all the time. Was just commenting that in that clip, the lad didn't give the attacker the option.

fari
25-05-2011, 03:29 PM
in the clip he looked decent, pretty solid defensively. someone mentioned he was playing hoofball (maybe that was coach's instructions, idk). can't wait to see him in pre season. wow, if we could snag baines and cahill we would have a good core of GHELs (together w/ superjack)

server too busy!
25-05-2011, 03:47 PM
at what point does he make a tackle, I don't see how he looks solid defensively. Its just shit passing, he'll get owned in the Prem if he plays like that.

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Reminds me a bit of the Winterburn signing. Everyone was saying, who? But we had a manager then who knew how to spot a defender, now we have Wenger who seems to prefer rolling dice. I guess this kid's stats threw an alert on the transfer target computer and it went high priority, must get, when it was confirmed he could be purchased for a few magic beans. No point turning against him before he starts playing (if he isn't going straight out on loan), but we could really have done with an established PL defender rather than another maybe/ maybe never type signing. Wenger just keeps on building that team for the future. Probably because he doesn't now how to deal with the here and now.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Have we officaly signed him is it on the afc website

Niall_Quinn
25-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Have we officaly signed him is it on the afc website

Dunno, sign him, don't sign him, either's just as good.

Olivier's xmas twist
25-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Dunno, sign him, don't sign him, either's just as good.

lol don't worry this will be our main saga this season only for us to miss out because we did not want to pay Charton £100 pounds

Alan B'stard
26-05-2011, 09:58 AM
backup RB right? good news. Eboue is massively overpaid given what he offers as backup RB / wingher who never gets assists or goals / pass master

Cripps_orig
30-05-2011, 08:00 PM
No he hasnt

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6958448,00.html

isv
30-05-2011, 08:21 PM
a lifelong gooner who will take pride putting on the red and white, will give 120% everygame, unlike some of those pricks we have playing now..

Ironing
30-05-2011, 09:02 PM
a lifelong gooner who will take pride putting on the red and white, will give 120% everygame, unlike some of those pricks we have playing now..

Thank you Oracle

Any other precognitions you'd like to share today?

isv
31-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Thank you Oracle

Any other precognitions you'd like to share today?

Funny i have, ur a prick......

Boss
13-06-2011, 06:45 PM
New Arsenal signing Carl Jenkinson has conducted his first interview since joining the club from Charlton Athletic and shed light on his long-standing love for the Gunners.

Speaking to ArsenalPlayer, the 19-year-old right-back, who looks likely to provide back-up at right-back for Bacary Sagna, revealed his happiness at signing for the club he and his family have always supported:

“It’s amazing really, words can’t describe how it feels if I’m totally honest with you. Being an Arsenal fan as well it’s an amazing thing for me and something I’m really excited about and over the moon about.

“My dad has been a season ticket holder for 40 years and going regularly since he was a kid. He brought me up as an Arsenal fan an I’ve been going since I was young, I’ve even been going to matches this season. The whole family are massive Arsenal fans. It’s all a bit surreal, but it’s a brilliant feeling to be here and very exciting for me.

“Being a fan is the massive pull, Arsenal is the club I’ve always wanted to play for. The club speaks for itself, it’s a huge club and I’m proud to now be a part of it.

“Arsene Wenger gives young players a chance and that was a main reason why I wanted to come to the club. Obviously it’s up to me to do well and prove myself, but I know that if I do that I’m going to be given a chance. Hopefully I can go on and stake my claim.

Asked to name his favourite Gunner of all time, Jenkinson disclosed his admiration for one of the club’s most loved players:

“I was always a big fan of Tony Adams; I’m reading his book at the moment. He was always someone I looked at as a great player and a great leader. He’s probably my favourite.

Reflecting on the prospect of following in the footsteps of his hero Adams, as well as other members of Arsenal’s famed back four including Martin Keown, Lee Dixon and Nigel Winterburn, the Finnish under-19 captain continued:

“Those players are legends aren’t they. It’s a big challenge for me and one I’m looking forward to. Obviously they are great players and they are players I can learn a lot from. I’m looking to follow in their footsteps.”

While Jenkinson has predominantly made a name for himself playing on the right side of defence, the player admits that he has the versatility to play across the backline.

“I’ve played a lot, during my youth team days, at centre-back, but slowly right-back has become my main position. I’ve always felt I had more to give. I like to get forward and help attacking-wise. I think I played six games for Charlton last season at left-back as well, so I’ve played all across the backline and before that even in midfield.

“I’m quite versatile, although sometimes that doesn’t work to your advantage as you want to be in your main position. It’s good for a manager I guess when one of his players can play in many positions.”

http://news.arseblog.com/index.php/2011/06/new-boy-jenkinson-reveals-his-long-standing-love-for-arsenal/

Good stuff

Injury Time
13-06-2011, 10:48 PM
I’m quite versatile, although sometimes that doesn’t work to your advantage as you want to be in your main position.
oh dear he's fucked
:rose:

milla
14-06-2011, 09:28 PM
oh dear he's fucked
:rose:

That's our feking 3rd choice GK IMO :lol:

Japan Shaking All Over
15-06-2011, 04:29 PM
nah he'll be converted into a winger

hymppi
15-06-2011, 05:42 PM
he's half finnish, please have some hyypiä-like skills :pray:

Coney
15-06-2011, 06:02 PM
he's half finnish, please have some hyypiä-like skills :pray:

Nah - he'll just have a Nokia phone up his arse.

Injury Time
15-06-2011, 06:17 PM
nah he'll be converted into a whiner

efa