PDA

View Full Version : Steve Bruce.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Sunderland have parted company with him.

:haha:

Understandably losing to Wigan at home was going to be the deathknell for his time there.

Marc Overmars
30-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Dennis Bendtner. :haha:

Cripps_orig
30-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Wasnt he born and bred in Newcastle?

Well done Agent Bruce id say.

Also Bendtner :haha:

New manager, i hear Keanes available. No doubt MON will be considered

Shaqiri Is Boss
30-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Was always going to happen.

Nice that it was Wes Brown who ended it for him though.

McNamara That Ghost...
30-11-2011, 06:25 PM

How many more clubs can MON be linked with before he actually joins one?

Master Splinter
30-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Dennis Bendtner :haha:.

Bruce is a pretty crap manager. The poor man's MON, you might say. Buys average players for big money and serves up awful football.

Will Wenger be sacked if we lose to Wigan? :ninja:

Olivier's xmas twist
30-11-2011, 07:00 PM

Kevin Philpps wants MON as the new manager lol

Cripps_orig
30-11-2011, 07:00 PM

Bruce is a pretty crap manager. The poor man's MON, you might say. Buys average players for big money and serves up awful football.

Always a silver lining to a loss

Olivier's xmas twist
30-11-2011, 07:02 PM

Bruce is a pretty crap manager. The poor man's MON, you might say. Buys average players for big money and serves up awful football.Will Wenger be sacked if we lose to Wigan? :ninja:

Ironically his best player he signed (larsson) came on a free

Xhaka Can’t
30-11-2011, 07:14 PM

:lol:

Boss
01-12-2011, 04:50 AM
Bring Bendtner home, tbh :pray:

fakeyank
01-12-2011, 08:13 AM
How many more clubs can MON be linked with before he actually joins one?

Inshahallah when AW leaves, he will be the new Arsenal gaffer!

LDG
01-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Inshahallah when AW leaves, he will be the new Arsenal gaffer!

MON. Arsenal. Fuck off.

I don't want that prick anywhere near my football club.

Cripps_orig
01-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Wenger may be an shite ass manager these days but getting in someone who's even worse like MON would mean an end to Arsenal quicker than what Wenger is doing now

Cripps_orig
02-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Apparently MON has agreed to take over

Sunderland :pal:

Olivier's xmas twist
02-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson believes a lack of patience in the stands and his 'Geordie' roots cost Steve Bruce his job at Sunderland.

Bruce, who played under Ferguson during his time at Old Trafford, was relieved of his duties at the Stadium of Light on Wednesday.

A downturn in results, with Sunderland having picked up just two wins in 13 outings this term, cost him dear.

Ferguson, though, believes a number of other factors conspired against Bruce and what he was trying to achieve on Wearside.

He said: "Fans just don't have the patience any longer, just see what happened to Steve Bruce up in the North East where being a Geordie didn't help him.

"In that part of the world they are so passionate and committed to their football team.

"I think Brucie has suffered because of that but that's the kind of supporters we have these days - no patience.

Turnaround
"He rebuilt a whole team and that requires a bit of patience from everyone, including Steve. I think Steve was realising that himself that he was going to have to wait.

"There was a complete turnaround in the summer, they lost a few players - the boy [Jordan] Henderson, the boy [Asamoah] Gyan, Anton Ferdinand, and you need that time.

"I think losing to Newcastle earlier on in the season didn't help him either because of the way they are in that part of the world but he will be back, Steve. In general his managerial record is very good."

Former Leicester, Celtic and Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill has emerged as the favourite to succeed Bruce at Sunderland, and Ferguson admits the Ulsterman would be a good choice for the Black Cats.

He added: "Martin has a very good track record.

"The job he did at Villa Park was excellent, he did a great job at Celtic, he won the League Cup with Leicester so Martin has got the experience and track record to do well.

"If that's the job he's going to I'm sure he will do well."

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes Sunderland have made a mistake with their decision to sack Steve Bruce.

Bruce left the Stadium of Light this week after a disappointing run of results, which came to a head with the home defeat to Wigan last Saturday.

Sunderland are keen to appoint Martin O'Neill as Bruce's successor, but Wenger is not convinced that Black Cats chairman Ellis Short made a wise decision in removing the former Birmingham boss.

Bruce had two-and-a-half years at Sunderland, and impressed Wenger with many aspects of his work.

"I think it is a mistake because the one to question at Sunderland is certainly not Steve Bruce," the Frenchman told Arsenal Player.

Instability
"He has competence, the desire to win and he is the last one I would question on that.

"Unfortunately he went through a bad run and paid the price. I'm pretty sure that he should not have done.

"Change does not always sort out problems. History shows that it is not successful. It is statistically proven that a change of manager is not always successful.

"A club that creates its own instability is always in trouble - it is linked with technical stability, change of players, financially being in the red.

"All that together is linked with a change of manager."

Few managers speaking out in defence of Bruce

Niall_Quinn
02-12-2011, 09:56 PM

Chamakh is going to be the new manager, apparently.

Tony Tuesdays
03-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Best striker shagged his daughter
Next best striker f**ked off to Arabia
New striker believes he's the best striker but couldn't strike a light

Ah, Brucie really knew how to pick some winners.

Japan Shaking All Over
03-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Give a red suit and a white beard and he'll be back woring before you can say 'jingle bells'

Syn
03-12-2011, 04:02 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/991546/sunderland-confirm-martin-o'neill-appointment?cc=5739

:haha:

S'pose it had to happen at some point.

McNamara That Ghost...
03-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Can MON motivate Dennis Bendtner?