PDA

View Full Version : ACL Surgery?

fakeyank
06-12-2011, 09:19 AM
So I recently found out that I have an ACL tear and need surgery to have it fixed. I hurt myself almost 2 years back while playing indoor football. I did not bother about it a lot thinking it was just swelling of the knee and also because I had a lot of travel scheduled. The pain slowly went away but when I tried to play again, I felt my knee give away almost immediately.. I thought that it was because of the muscles around my knee not being strengthened. I did some knee strengthening exercises and tried to play again this october and that same feeling of knee giving away happened. I went to the surgeon and my MRI confirmed the tear.

What I wanted to know is, if anyone of you have suffered an ACL tear or know of anyone having suffered it? My surgeon told me that my knee will never be 100% like before. While I wont be playing professionally, I wanted to know what the chances of hurting it again are? My surgery is on the 13th of January! :upset:

LDG
06-12-2011, 09:42 AM
My uncle (very sporty) ripped his whole knee apart playing ice-hockey. Had full on surgery and was in a wheelchair for 2 months.

He ski's most weekends in the winter still, so, as long as it's give the best recovery time and you strengthen the muscles up, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Dennis
06-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Have you tried this?.....

manthefuckup.com

just an idea...

Cripps_orig
06-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Walk it off

fakeyank
06-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Have you tried this?.....

manthefuckup.com