Page 486 of 486 FirstFirst ... 386436476484485486
Results 4,851 to 4,855 of 4855

Thread: The Wish They Were All Dead Tory Cunt Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    So two months in, would you say the adults are back in the room?

Or have one lot of mediocres been replaced by another
    They're worse then I thought they'd be and that's saying something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Boris wasn't damaging for Europe, he was damaging for the UK.
    Fair point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Also more importantly I wasn’t asking you

I asked the person who adamantly told me two years ago that we needed a Labour government because we needed the adults back in the room.
    Did I?

Can't say I remember that, but the Tories blatantly needed kicking out and Starmer did give off a veneer of competence

I haven't honestly been paying a huge amount of attention to politics since the election, it's been a lot less entertaining since the Tory clown show have been seen off.

At least this lot have shown a willingness to be practical in their approach to our relationship with the EU, when the Tories were ideologically wedded to thumbing their noses to Europe as much as possible.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O'Brien speaks!

(Fair amount of Whataboutism here, but he does have a point)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ten years ago I quite liked James O’Brien

Now I can’t stand him, i think that’s partly because Brexit changed him and it changed me

It changed him into someone who is grossly puritanical, completely lacking in self awareness and smug and satisfied to excessive degree. Like Mac if he had a brain

It changed me into someone who just despises political tribalism of any kind. There is definitely an argument to be made that Brexit could have been resolved more amicably if people on the Remain side had stopped throwing Teddy out of the pram and compromised. “I didn’t vote for it” is a petulant response, you still have to live in the country where it’s going to be enacted and the more intractable you are the more it’s going to embolden the headbangers.

And like when you join a cult or tribe, your opinion recalibrates so that instead of being nuanced and individualistic you become a mouthpiece for every single belief your tribe holds, and O’Brien is an exemplar of this.

The reason the Starmer free gifts issue is bad, is because a) it makes him look like a massive hypocrite especially when he took a preaching from the bully pulpit approach to the Tories doing it b) It looks especially bad and tone deaf when fairly or unfairly you’ve smashed the winter fuel allowance and have potentially left those just above the cut off point in deep shtuck. Politics is as much about communication as it is policy and this is absolutely stupid and avoidable.
    If it’s about Sue Gray, well if her wage is being footed by the taxpayer of course it’s going to cause issues.