User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger hits out at MOTD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wenger hits out at MOTD

Alan Hansen, Alan Shearer and Danny Murphy just giving opinions with nothing factual to back them up says leaders' manager

Wenger said: “Sometimes I watch it (Match of The Day), sometimes not. Sometimes it’s just someone saying their opinion without an argument on something. That can make sense. But if it’s something based on hate or love, or just gut feeling then I just say, ‘Okay, it’s an opinion - he might be right, he might be wrong.’

“Often, he [the pundit] doesn’t sustain his opinion by some work he has done to support that argument.

“Of course (I have gleaned things from a pundit) - if you make an article tomorrow saying, ‘I think Arsenal will win the championship because of that, this or that' or 'Arsenal will not win the championship because of something else. Look at these numbers or statistics, they always repeat the same mistake’ or offer something that is in there.

“If you just say, ‘Arsenal will win the championship' or 'Arsenal won’t win the championship because they haven’t won it for eight years’, then I think it’s just an opinion.

“When I arrived here, people explained I couldn’t win the title as I am foreign. Everybody has their own logic.

"I just think you win the title through your quality. If we didn’t win for eight years it is because we weren’t good enough in the important moments of the season. We have a good opportunity to show we are good enough, so let’s take it.”

Wenger also dismissed Hansen’s savaging of Arsenal’s defending in their victory at Crystal Palace in October, drawing comparisons with a similar mistake against Everton in January 2010.

The Gunners' boss clearly remembered the piece of analysis, which came after Mikel Arteta was sent off at Palace when their opponents hit them on the break.

“You can find that. One specific incident,” said Wenger. “It was right on the night - we were caught on the counter from a corner. Gibbs went forward, but he was supposed to be at the back.

“The ball was kicked to him and he went forward, and we were caught on the counter-attack, and it ended up with Arteta being sent off. It was an accident but it was, a little bit, the desire for us to play.

“I have enough experience to analyse what we do and how well we play. I don’t need someone else to tell me. I’m not upset by that at all.”

“The only thing that is changing is not our mind, it’s your mind,” said Wenger. “Because until now you never ask me about the pressure, because you always thought it was an accident that we are there (top) and it won’t last.

“Now that it’s lasting a bit longer, you start to think, ‘We have to consider them a bit more seriously.’ You start to think, 'Is it a pressure for you?'

"No. We just continue to play well and that’s the pressure we have - the desire to play well.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...#ixzz2mSSyXUdH

That was little bit silently venomous.

Last edited by Syn; 03-12-2013 at 11:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenget.

MOTD.

I remember that show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shearer would be crying himself to sleep if he understood a word of it.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post

That was little bit silently venomous.

Vinegar should use this to fire up the squad. Especially the Gary Lineker cunt act!
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Red Wenger standing up for the license fee payers.

He's right though. I can't understand how the people appearing on it are allowed to get away with offering nothing substantial at all.

We conceded that goal in 2010 though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alan "two banks of 4, power, pace" Hansen is and will always be bitter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember that one time Everton caught Arsenal on the counter-attack? They were the first and only team to ever be caught like that.

Remember that one time Flamini wasn't in a perfect defensive position to cover the threat of five opposition players who weren't actually that threatening in a game that Arsenal won comfortably?

Arsenal conceded for the first time from a corner all season. Zonal sux man. LoL just lol @ Arsenal's weak underbelly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you aint watching MOTD via Sky+ and fast-forwarding through all the talking bits youre doing it wrong.

A one hour and a half highlight show?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBN View Post
    If you aint watching MOTD via Sky+ and fast-forwarding through all the talking bits youre doing it wrong.

A one hour and a half highlight show?