Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arsenal v Southampton/Arteta player ratings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal v Southampton/Arteta player ratings

Fuckin shambles.

Worst performance of the season last week so of course Arteta sets up exactly the same. Stupid wee dick that he is.

Canny even be fucked rating people, tbh.

If we have to watch Tommy and White at fullback again this season I swear tae fuck...I'll be right on here moaning like fuck again.
    Last edited by mandela8; 23-10-2022 at 05:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mental that Tomi is playing left back.

It’s one thing to come in and do a job on someone (Salah) but it’s another thing to actually play every week when the same threats aren’t there.

Self sabotage IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Fuckin shambles.

Worst performance of the season last week so of course Arteta sets up exactly the same. Stupid wee dick that he is.

Canny even be fucked rating people, tbh.

If we have to watch Tommy and White at fullback again this season I sweat tae fuck...I'll be right on here moaning like fuck again.
    Normal service is resumed as the rookie re-appears

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only the second game all season we haven’t won.
    Anyone losing their shit over that needs to have a word with themselves.
    But the performances of late haven’t been great, we got away with it against Leeds, not today. But you’re not going to win every game, need to get going again in the next game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Letters

But the point is I and the others here who question some of what Arteta does can clearly point to how predictable this was and the fact that the Leeds game gave a very clear indication of how thin the ice was on which we were skating

Arteta can only see one team and one set of tactics to play, our squad isn't as deep as others but today he could at least have tried starting with Eddie up front and Nelson on the right, ti give Jesus and Saka a break and those others a chance to prove themselvrs.

He just refuses to give squad players hardly any game time in the PL, ignoring the fact that we need those guys to be able to come in and do a job for us

And taking off Odegaard and Martinelli, probably our best two players on the day, was dumb

As for the Tomi thing, he's a very good right back but not a left back, one good job against Salah and he gets the spot over Tierney permanently it seems, which makes no sense
    Last edited by Mac76; 23-10-2022 at 07:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Only the second game all season we haven’t won.
    Anyone losing their shit over that needs to have a word with themselves.
    But the performances of late haven’t been great, we got away with it against Leeds, not today. But you’re not going to win every game, need to get going again in the next game.
    Completely missing the point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    @Letters

But the point is I and the others here who question some of what Arteta does can clearly point to how predictable this was and the fact that the Leeds game gave a very clear indication of how thin the ice was on which we were skating

Arteta can only see one team and one set of tactics to play, our squad isn't as deep as others but today he could at least have tried starting with Eddie up front and Nelson on the right, ti give Jesus and Saka a break and those others a chance to prove themselvrs.

He just refuses to give squad players hardly any game time in the PL, ignoring the fact that we need those guys to be able to come in and do a job for us

And taking off Odegaard and Martinelli, probably our best two players on the day, was dumb

As for the Tomi thing, he's a very good right back but not a left back, one good job against Salah and he gets the spot over Tierney permanently it seems, which makes no sense
    Exactly, man.

Arteta's plan A seems to be everyone else's plan C.
    And Arteta doesn't even seem to have a plan B.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completely missing the point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly, man.

Arteta's plan A seems to be everyone else's plan C.
    And Arteta doesn't even seem to have a plan B.
    At least the Spuds lost, it could have been worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today we were shit second half, against Leeds we were shit throughout.

Yes we know Arteta doesn’t do rotation well, because he put Tomoyasu in against Liverpool and it worked thinks he can repeat the trick against Leeds and Southampton. We also don’t especially have a squad with depth in it.

But I would query the idea of starting Eddie Nketiah, he simply hasn’t done enough to warrant a start. And as for Reis Nelson are you fucking kidding me.

Eddie N has not even been that great this season in the Europa league….incredibly wasteful.

It’s disappointing result today in the broader context of the season, and the context that yes most of us could see we were going to drop points elsewhere because we look like we are treading water.

But I’m convinced that last season we would have lost to both Leeds and Southampton