Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Reaction v Leeds (away) & Match Ratings

Sounds like our second half was grim and Leeds played very well.

Even more delicious we came through it to what will be a monsoon of tears coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal v Arteta: Reaction and ratings.

Arsenal came up against a really determined and resolute Arteta today.

Arteta came to spoil and done an excellent job in ensuring Arsenal were denied any real attacking threat and creative opportunities. Completely nullifying the wide areas, Making the central players jobs incredibly difficult and ensuring Arsenal couldn't keep possession, Arteta will consider himself unlucky to be undone only by some crazy Leeds defending and poor goalkeeping.

Ramsdale 7. Only player with pass marks.

Saliba 3, Gabriel 2, Tommy 3, everyone else 4. Unfair to do much more analysis when the team are up against their own manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Arsenal came up against a really determined and resolute Arteta today.

Arteta came to spoil and done an excellent job in ensuring Arsenal were denied any real attacking threat and creative opportunities. Completely nullifying the wide areas, Making the central players jobs incredibly difficult and ensuring Arsenal couldn't keep possession, Arteta will consider himself unlucky to be undone only by some crazy Leeds defending and poor goalkeeping.

Ramsdale 7. Only player with pass marks.

Saliba 3, Gabriel 2, Tommy 3, everyone else 4. Unfair to do much more analysis when the team are up against their own manager.
    Great post...not much more to be said.

It was more a test of his ability today as a manager, and IMO he failed woefully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like we got out of jail today. I'll take it, a win, 3 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just felt like a really off day. The defence was asleep…we were constantly pushed up too high and getting caught out by long balls into the box. Xhaka was completely pointless, Partey not much better. Odegaard did ok in the first half but like the whole team did nothing in the second half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Sounds like we got out of jail today. I'll take it, a win, 3 points.
    Best 3 points we'll get all season, man.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WE’RE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another tricky away game next up at Southampton. Hopefully we don’t have to ride our luck again as much as we did today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the power cut threw us a bit, but Leeds are the type of side we don’t like playing against and it was alarming the amount of space being left between defence and midfield. Arguably not only did we not deserve to win, we deserved to lose today and if Bamford and Sinisterra were more clinical than we would have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only one side deserved anything in that game.... and yes it wasn't us.

A sub par game from the lads but I feel Arteta's reluctance to ring in subs earlier or change shape when we are playing badly but winning, will soon come back to bite him royally in the ass.

We were lucky we scored against the run of play and then struggled from their as our weak midfield showed how truly useless they were by deciding to totally collapse with Partey having quite a poor game. Xhaka and Odegaard were both piontless and thats what really got to me...either he brings in more combative midfielders or preferably brings in a player like Viera able to carry the ball and be an actual goal threat.

This has to be the luckiest I have seen us in years as practically everything went our way especially with the decisions.

Leeds goal was a foul, but on another day and with other refs that would not have been called.

Their penalty was a penalty by law, but not a yellow card.

The last Gabriel decision had me wishing the red card stood (yes I am sick and tired of his brain farts) but in no way in the world is that a penalty, no way, and its ridiculous the referee needed VAR to tell him that.

Again I can't remember a game in the last 10 years we have been so lucky with all the decisions.

My takeaway is that if Arteta thinks he going to give a proper challenge by playing the same 11 players with the same tactics game after game....this should be the wakeup call. We need a good squad and changeable tactics, thats what we need to take away.

Also their was no need for Tomi to start on the left today their was no boogeyman Sallah to mark out. Tierney should have started and maybe our attack would have had more rhythm.

Pleased with the 3 points but clearly undeserved.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 16-10-2022 at 04:32 PM.