Thread: Man U reaction and player ratings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man U reaction and player ratings

How fuckin predictable. Everything from the ridiculous VAR decision to them just sitting off and picking off on the counter.

Ramsdale 4 - almost as slow as Xhaka on the ball. Will get caught out again and again.

Zinchenko 5 - looked good in the first half. Got caught far too narrow for their goal. That's about it.

Gabriel 4 - looks nervous now.

Saliba 4 - starting to play to their level.

White 4 - Not sure how Arteta can continue to play someone at RB who offers literally nothing going forward.

Lokonga 5 - was fine. The CM was just so open but I'm not sure they know what they're doing with this system sometimes.

Xhaka 3 - offers nothing going forward, nothing going back, terrible off the ball, terrible on. Just a terrible football player.

Odegaard 5 - pretty quiet. Tried a few things but surrounded with dross. Great pass for the goal.

Martinelli 5 - busy but poor end product.

Jesus 6 - actually like a lot of what he done. Occupied their 2 defenders with some good old fashioned no.9 play.

Saka 4 - only ever looks dangerous when he tries to get to the line but almost always cuts in. The number of moves that break down when the ball gets to him is incredible.

Maybe now they've lost Arteta will make some changes.
    Last edited by mandela8; 04-09-2022 at 05:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t remember another game where the coach so directly influenced the result in a negative way.
    I’m guilty of a failure of imagination because I knew the midfield we had would cost us but I just wasn’t sure how. I thought United would do what a lot of teams do when they play us, high pressing force us into mistakes. But no they just capitalised on the Space Xhaka left in the middle of the park.
    A failure to make our central midfield top 4 standard wasn’t enough for Arteta, he had to compound this by not addressing that we could easily be caught out a second time by removing Xhaka and moving Zinchenko centrally. And no one needs me to tell them the absolute depth charge turd he dropped two minutes before their third.
    We do have some decent players we really do, but we are being sandbagged by this coach

I can’t stand Arteta not as a coach, not as a human being. He’s anathema to everything positive this club is trying to achieve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that Arteta played a massive part in todays loss but I thought we defended poorly all game and were naive in terms of game management.

I wasn’t surprised we lost though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I agree that Arteta played a massive part in todays loss but I thought we defended poorly all game and were naive in terms of game management.

The defence were completely exposed they didn’t have any chance to do anything.

It was 100% on Arteta it wasn’t individual errors, it was disastrous in game management

I don’t think you can even call it naive. I could with another coach but Arteta is such a nasty piece of work, so utterly toxic as a human being I have to put my hands up and say I can’t rule out that it wasn’t deliberate to teach the players some kind of sick lesson.

He needs to go ASAP, he will start setting fire to shit soon
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 04-09-2022 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    The defence were completely exposed they didn’t have any chance to do anything.

It was 100% on Arteta it wasn’t individual errors, it was disastrous in game management

I don’t think you can even call it naive. I could with another coach but Arteta is such a nasty piece of work, so utterly toxic as a human being I have to put my hands up and say I can’t rule out that it wasn’t deliberate to teach the players some kind of sick lesson.

He needs to go ASAP, he will start setting fire to shit soon
    Arteta is not responsible for Gabriel and Saliba being miles apart, watch their 2nd and 3rd goals. We pushed up far too high IMO and basically got suckered on the counter. United have done this to us for years regardless of who is in charge of us.

We have the makings of a very good team, but they are still young and IMO naive, as is Arteta. Sure with a Pep, Conte or Klopp in charge we may well have got something from the game but this team is not quite there yet IMO, though we are not far either, we basically went up there today and for large parts of the game dominated them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arteta is not responsible for Gabriel and Saliba being miles apart, watch their 2nd and 3rd goals. We pushed up far too high IMO and basically got suckered on the counter. United have done this to us for years regardless of who is in charge of us.

We have the makings of a very good team, but they are still young and IMO naive, as is Arteta. Sure with a Pep, Conte or Klopp in charge we may well have got something from the game but this team is not quite there yet IMO, though we are not far either, we basically went up there today and for large parts of the game dominated them.
    They were pushed up high because they had no protection from the midfield so they had to do that and risk getting picked off. Plus they were set up tactically to do that

Listen to Arteta’s post match analysis. He’s absolutely encouraging this

I can accept us losing because we weren’t good enough, I can’t accept or tolerate us losing because the coach isn’t right in the head. These were errors in the way we set up that a non league coach could have identified. He sandbagged the players and I honestly can’t rule out that he did it deliberately.

At 1-1 we could have got a point, at 2-1 we could have got a point. At 1-1 Arteta had the option to slow the game down we had zero need to chase the game, we could have taken Xhaka off put Tierney on and moved Zinchenko to the centre. Why not play it safe, a draw at old Trafford isn’t the end of the world.

As average as our midfield was, I was utterly taken aback by how shit United were….they weren’t even premier league level. This was like being beaten away at Coventry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least we have coached the best out of Saliba already

Not surprised either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post

Not surprised either.
    Don’t think much needs to be said about Saliba the space in front of him, he never stood a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I suspected that psychopath Arteta has blamed the players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post

Not surprised either.
    He is still young, as is Gabriel to a degree. Today should be a lesson for them. They were neat and tidy in posession but got the basics of defending wrong IMO, the whole team did. We looked very vulnerable when being attacked, not for the first time this season either.