Thread: Can someone explain to me....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone explain to me....

why some footballers want to take their shirts off when they've scored. Haven't caught up with all the threads since match time so apologies if this has been mentioned but RVP - Why??? Don't want to bag the guy cause we're obviously seriously arsed without him but that booking could be so costly later in the season when he picks up his 5th yellow. Maybe i could understand if he wanted to show off some great abs or maybe a shirt with a message on it but to pick up a booking when you've got a plain white singlet on underneath? I just don't get it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Valid point seeing as RVP is practically scoring ALL the goals for us. He has to curb that nonsense...(taking his shirt off I mean, not scoring the goals). Fact is players arent really well known for thinking and acumen, otherwise we wouldnt have numpties like Diaby getting himself sent off when your team is 4-0 up, or Song stamping on a known dirtbag, or Gervinho for a measly caress of the cheek........Wait all these three incidents have involved the same opposing player. Aaaaahh!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first thing I thought after 'fu#king yes, get in there' was 'shit he's taken his shirt off, booking on its way!'

TBH thought he had got away with it unt I heard the commentator say that he had been booked. . .you are spot on cos RvP can quite easily pick up 5 yellows over the course of one campaign which would be costly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stupid rule.

I can understand jumping into the crowd as it causes an issue with fans rushing forward into a bundle. Never understood this one though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't understand this one. Can understand if someone is showing off nekid flesh, i.e. with the thought of exposing oneself being improper....but when you've got a t-shirt on underneath it.

Just one of those bizarre rules that nobody can work out....

But then again....why do you want to take your shirt off....there is no logical reason for it....when I celebrate something, I don't want to de-robe myself. Unless I'm celebrating the fact I'm about to have intercourse.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand half the celebrations. The sliding on the knees...or basically any 'trademarked' celebration that a player does.

Fist pump and jog back to the halfway line you bender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Stupid rule.

I can understand jumping into the crowd as it causes an issue with fans rushing forward into a bundle. Never understood this one though.
    The rule is in place to make it look as if the referees are cleaning up the game, otherwise they would be forced to focus on dangerous or cyncial professional fouls.