User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will we win the league?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 36.00%
  • No

16 64.00%

Thread: Will we win the league?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will we win the league?

Simple question, most of the discussion on here has tiptoed round the issue, and while that's all very productive and interesting, it doesn't get to the core issue of this season; are we better than every other Premiership side?

Personally, I'd be surprised if we won it. On a level playing field, with United being shit, Liverpool still a work in progress, Spurs being Forever In Our Shadow and the two scum clubs still languishing in mid table because they were never chosen as the cock-extension of some bored billionaire, I reckon we'd be walking it.

As it is, my fear is that City in particular will just power through because of their unlimited squad depth, whereas we're relying on the lot we've got to keep performing at a similar level to what they are now; give City a sniff, which we will eventually do, IMO, and they won't look back.

I'd love it if I were proven wrong, love it, and it's not impossible, and this season is already a success given where we were last season, but I just can't believe, deep down, that we'll do it.
    Last edited by WMUG; 20-01-2014 at 09:03 AM.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting