Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
As usual, it's the exact opposite. It's what children do - only follow a team when they're doing well and then sulk and give up when they're not doing so well.

That said, I certainly think as you get older you chill out a bit more generally, other things come along like family, responsibilities. And in general football seems less important. And, for me, that's all been exacerbated by the way football has gone where it's now all about the money and saturation coverage, pandering to a global audience etc. Just makes me less engaged with it all.

All that said...the prospect of a first title in 20 years had somewhat reeled me in and I was pissed off we fluffed our lines on Sunday. That said, I was talking to a mate about it and he pointed out that before Sunday we were P11 W10 D1 L0 in this calendar year in the league. One defeat and it's all over. And we were only 2 points behind at the turn of the year - although both Liverpool and City had a game in hand each. 31 points out of 33 and it didn't give us any cushion or margin for error. It shows you have to be basically perfect to beat City. The only time anyone managed it was the year Liverpool went completely mental and basically won every game till they'd all but won it by Easter. And we all know how City have got there. The question remains whether the FA have the balls to deal with it.
To add to that, this version of City have been spoken about as perhaps being slightly weaker than previous years, yet here there are, on course for another treble.

They won’t give up the title while Pep remains.