£35mill for Carroll will be chump change if he fires them into the CL and on into competition with Utd and Chelski at the top, which I fully expect to happen and at our expense. Carroll, if he fulfils his potential, will be a top, top PL striker - perfectly suited to this league. He's in sharp contrast to Suarez (so we'll see how that works out), who looks another top rate buy. Contrast these two to the shit we have, Chamakh, Bendtner. Yes we have RvP and we have Theo if Wenger would get a clue and play him up front, but with RvPs injury record and Theo blowing hot and cold and having failed to live up to his potential so far I'd much rather have the Liverpool pairing. RvP is the best of the bunch but has no viable strike partner. Basically Pool got two top strikers in return for Torres who didn't want to be there and hadn't delivered in months, plus a few quid on top. Great business and a real statement of intent.

Dalglish will have been looking for very different players to the type we bring into Arsenal. I doubt he'd tolerate the lightweights we have here. I don't believe it's useful to compare the transfer policies of the two clubs because Dalglish has a grasp of the English game where plainly Wenger does not. I'd much rather have Dalglish as the manager too btw. Pool will easily finish above us next year unless they self-destruct in some manner. Even then, I doubt their self-destruct button is anywhere as potent as ours. Bottom line, the clubs spending the money are on the way up, stingy bastards like our board and Wenger have ensured we are on the way down.

The money does count and it's not silly money if everyone bar us us doing it. We're the silly ones frankly, thinking we are somehow above it all. If that's the way football works in this country then that's the way it works, we either face it or carry on down the table. We used to be assured a top 2 finish, now we're talking about top 4, soon it will be top 6. That's the trend we're on and it's down to having ripped out the quality from the team and replaced it with cheap dross.