User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suppose the hardcore fans left and started a new 'Arsenal' FC...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, because the type of fans that do this stuff are 99% dribbling fucksticks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    Hey, not all of them are manu supporters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    Probably not. The Glazers took money out of Manu and regarded it as a cash cow to be milked. I can see how some supporters felt their club was stolen and so, like Wimbledon, they formed a new club. (I guess if I lived in Woolwich a hundred years ago, forming a new Dial Square might have been an option though!)

I don't think the Arsenal under Kroenke is like that. In any case, I will have followed the team in the red shirts and white sleeves for 40 years come October 6th 2011 so I cannot imaging supporting any other club.
    Consider the following:
    (a) director/shareholders suck the money out of the club directly a la glazer
    (b) directors/shareholders deny the club the ablity to invest in the team and instead have the earnings of the club sit around in the bank or tied up in property developments - meaning that the share price goes up as the club gains wealth but none of that is turned into sporting sucess. They they cash out when the shares have gone up enough for a backdated payday.

Theory: (a) = (b) = same fucking thing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    NBN and Zimm are organising it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard core fans? I thought the price of the season ticket was meant to exclude them. There's certainly an attraction to watching grass-roots football, closer to the action, more commitment by the players, potentially a greater say in the running of the club and fans treated as customers rather than cash cows. But in the end whilst the involvement might be greater the end product is shite.