User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: If Wenger left

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    I dont know if this has been seen elsewhere, but it is quite illuminating...
    http://arsenaltruth.squarespace.com/...l-exposed.html
    I'm not entirely convinced these figures are accurate.

I bloody hope not anyway!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bignev View Post

well basically he says throughout the comments, that these figures are estimates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
    Nah, don't think so, Charles. If he was all about foresight and forward thinking, he would've seen the contract situations of Nasri, Fabregas, van Persie and Walcott two summers ago. He could've seen that this could all explode in his face in a board v player dispute, with him stuck right in the middle.

Managers have left clubs for less when it comes to player sales or acquisitions (see David o Leary leaving Leeds after Rio Ferdinand's departure, or Shevchenko's addition probably starting the chain of events that led to Mourinho leaving Chelsea)
    Sorry, i just got confused with you saying he wants to leave. I thought that would be a good thing as most wanted it too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bignev View Post

No way Tommy and Poldi get that much its known they are on less.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
    Just to conclude that point, sorry. If he was so serious that he had the club's best interests at heart, we wouldn't have deadwood still on the payroll and our best players leaving with inadequate replacements.

To me, it appears as if we're going a couple of rungs down the ladder every single season. It's not a perpetual vicious circle, it's actually a downward spiral. Wenger and the board may counter such remarks by pointing at league positions every season, but we've been rather fortunate with that in recent years. If Villa had kept their cool in 2009 and Spurs hadn't had such an almighty collapse last season, we'd probably be making stupid documentaries on Channel 5 for a bit of extra revenue.

In essence, no, he's the wrong man to guide us out of this mess he's created, but trying to work out the right man isn't something we can work out just off the top of our heads...
    what makes people think he can get us out of this mess anyway? he's cocked up in almost every department when it has come to winning trophies and squad cohesion. on top of that, the wage structure to this day is still royally fucked thanks to his deluded belief and exhaustion of a youth policy.

he doesn't deserve another chance to build another team at this club. his time has passed. we've given him ample opportunities to put it right but its only getting worse. in fact, whilst previous failings can be put down to the board, recently it has been solely wenger. his tactics, decisions and attitude has cost us in the most basic departments. we're stagnating and with every year that passes the wound cuts deeper. the squad is slowly getting worse and worse. it was 5 years without a trophy, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10... when will it stop? we'll be in serious danger of compromising our future. once you fall behind the pack of wolves it's hard to catch up again.

not for the life of me can i understand why wengers chosen to turn into this stubborn, ignorant, deluded prick. he saw the adoration and love all our fans had towards him, why compromise that? does he not miss those days when we were serious title challengers and winning trophies? when we stepped onto the pitch at old trafford and fergie used to fear us? how can he enjoy the civil war thats ripping our club apart right now? the pure ecstasy that runs through you when you win the league on that final day in May, when all the pieces just fall together and your name is etched onto the trophy. fuck i miss that. how can he not?

what a shame. if you're not gonna do it properly wankger then please piss off and let someone else with fresh ideas and common sense try to do it. you're getting embarrassing now.