User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Yohan Cabaye Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't want this guy at the club, another mercenary like Suarez. Flamini can do one as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsene Wonga View Post
    Don't want this guy at the club, another mercenary like Suarez. Flamini can do one as well.

Aren't all players mercaniaries though? Even that Bernard guy you wanted, he didn't act perfectly, kept teasing with come amd get me pleas. No player is perfect. Take who you can, deal with it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems Cabaye is doing pretty much everything he can to force through a move. I do like him as a player, don't think he would be an essential signing but he would upgrade the team IMHO. On his day he is definitely one of the better CM's in the league...also from what I've seen of him, he's looked very tidy for France too.

Still think we need to go to around the 15mill mark for anything to happen...they are digging their heels in over this...though seem quite resigned to losing him. Saying that we can't expect to get him for 10million or whatever lowball offer we initially made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We didn't expect to get him for the first offer.

Just planting a seed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GayPete View Post
    We didn't expect to get him for the first offer.

Just planting a seed.
    Yeah, with a view to probably upping our offer by a million once we know he wants to join us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    Again though, we don't know what's gone on behind closed doors.

I seriously doubt he would just refuse to play based on one bid by us. How do we know that Pardew wasn't a total cunt to him when he found out, or kinnear for that matter.

Honestly guys, think about it a bit first eh.
    Of course we don't know the full story, but we have to use the information we have. Cabaye is one of Newcastle's key players so Pardew wouldn't have dropped him without a good reason. He must have kicked up a big fuss, and probably given Pardew an ultimatum to force that decision on him. This was the day before an important match. The way I see it, there are two possible scenarios:

Scenario 1: Cabaye asks for a transfer to Arsenal. Pardew says no, not unless Arsenal match our asking price.

Scenario 2: Cabaye asks for a transfer to Arsenal. Pardew says no way, it's too late in the window to replace you. You have three years left on your contract so we don't have to sell you if we don't want to.

If it's scenario 1 there's no excuse for Cabaye - he's a cunt. If it's scenario 2 it's more understandable but he would still be despicable for refusing to play for the club that's paying his wages. He's letting down the fans who are forking out their hard-earned cash to watch him play. He's a professional footballer at the highest level not a pub teamer, so he should honour his contract. We didn't even put in a decent offer for him.

How would you feel if Man Utd made a £10m offer for Cazorla and he refused to play for us?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd feel exactly the same as when Barca made an offer for Cuntesc and he didn't play for us