User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup Third Round Draw. 8th December, 4pm ish. ITV1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our superb end of season form recently has mainly been down to only having to play max of one game a week (sometimes getting a two week rest). Just putting that out there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno. We had 4 games in August - starting on the 17th so it was 2 a week.
    6 games in September - there was a 2 week gap between two of those and one of the midweek games was in the CC.
    6 games in October - again, 2 week gap between two of them but 2 a week after that. One was the CC but it was the Chelsea game in which we put a pretty strong team out.
    6 games in November - another 2 week gap but 2 a week either side.
    It's been 2 a week in December so far.

It will ramp up but with the CL qualifiers and group games we've had 24 games in 16 weeks even with the breaks.
    And given how many internationals we have the breaks involve a lot of them playing games too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's been the massive improvement this season; that we've been picking up points even in the busy schedules. But Wenger will be tearing his hair out right now trying to find the balance of picking the shittest players that can go to Napoli and scramble a draw. Meanwhile Man City will be well rested and ready to kill us on the weekend. Fans might be over-worrying on players getting rest but I have little doubt that only playing one game a week in the second half of the season really helped us get our run of wins for 4th.

Don't really know what my point is. Obviously I don't think we should throw the cups; you play the FA cup on weekends anyway. But if we went out and got to concentrate on keeping the first choice players fit and rested to keep battering Stoke at home for the title, I wouldn't be too disappointed. I know I'm in the minority but I wouldn't be disappointed with losing 3-0 to Napoli. I really, really want the league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal vs Tottenham will be a 5.15pm kick off on Saturday 4th January live on ITV 1.
    http://www.itv.com/sport/football/ar...d-live-on-itv/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    I wouldn't be disappointed with losing 3-0 to Napoli. I really, really want the league.
    Wouldn't going into the Europa League would be even worse if you want us to get the optimum rest?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MOëL View Post
    Wouldn't going into the Europa League would be even worse if you want us to get the optimum rest?
    Oh yeah, forgot about that.

New plan: lets pub a draw at Napoli.

Edit: newer plan: let's lose and face Bayern in the next round. Quick and painless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Arsenal vs Tottenham will be a 5.15pm kick off on Saturday 4th January live on ITV 1.
    http://www.itv.com/sport/football/ar...d-live-on-itv/
    somebody put something in my milk

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    Well that's been the massive improvement this season; that we've been picking up points even in the busy schedules. But Wenger will be tearing his hair out right now trying to find the balance of picking the shittest players that can go to Napoli and scramble a draw. Meanwhile Man City will be well rested and ready to kill us on the weekend. Fans might be over-worrying on players getting rest but I have little doubt that only playing one game a week in the second half of the season really helped us get our run of wins for 4th.

Don't really know what my point is. Obviously I don't think we should throw the cups; you play the FA cup on weekends anyway. But if we went out and got to concentrate on keeping the first choice players fit and rested to keep battering Stoke at home for the title, I wouldn't be too disappointed. I know I'm in the minority but I wouldn't be disappointed with losing 3-0 to Napoli. I really, really want the league.
    Hmm given it's arguable that the instigator for our great results is the Bayern Munich game I'm not sure if it's great to only have the league to focus on. I always like having those games that can help to give us a win if we get in to the situation where we have a couple of bad results in the league, in a row. I think going out of the Champions League group stage having done so well up to now would come as such a downer to the squad, especially as it'l take a hammering for it to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    apparently for this tie the ticket price for spurs fans is £71.04

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    apparently it is a CAT A game and there will be 9000 scum fans there. jesus, the police are going to have fun trying control that :S