Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much

Ronaldo and by even more distance than Pele over Maradona

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maradona edges it for me but I don't like how Pele gets written off just because he played for a good team. Maradona won the world cup with a relatively weak team but that doesn't mean Pele couldn't have. There's no way of knowing and it doesn't necessarily mean he was the better player. Pele outshone the rest of his Brazillian team-mates and was their go-to-guy who did the business when the team needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by isv View Post
    Will our kids be having the same discussion 15 years from now about Messi and Ronaldo (gay one not fat one)
    It will be a discussion of Messi vs Maradona vs Pele.

Unlike those three Ronaldo's pretty much just a goalscorer, albeit a very good one. Not only does Messi score just as many goals as Ronaldo, but he's much more influential on his team's performance and he's a team player. All that's remaining is for Messi to win the world cup and he'll be part of the elite trio, otherwise people will use it as a stick to beat him with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO since football is harder to play today than it was back then, Messi should be rated above the two if he can lead his country to the world cup.

The King Is Back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, but you could also say that officials protect attacking players much more now than they did back then. The likes of Maradona and Pele got taken apart at times. It's difficult to compare players from different eras but Messi is definately in that bracket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    IMO since football is harder to play today than it was back then, Messi should be rated above the two if he can lead his country to the world cup.
    90% of the players today wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes back then. They have to be stretchered off if a fly lands on them.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo Pele, I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but Leo Messi is the best player of all time. Of all time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And why do you say that?
    While all answers are responses, not all responses are answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rate him above those two even without a world cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimandi's Perm View Post
    Yo Pele, I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but Leo Messi is the best player of all time. Of all time!
    Three World Cups to zero. There has never been a team as good as the 1970 Brasil team.
    While all answers are responses, not all responses are answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Gooner View Post
    Three World Cups to zero. There has never been a team as good as the 1970 Brasil team.

Pretty much.

But I'm not sure they could do it up at Stoke on a cold winter's night, with the rain lashing down, Delap's vest-powered balls cannoning into the box and Jon Walters' super skills befuddling them. It's the one test they still need to pass tbh.