User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What the Liverpool result showed us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the Liverpool result showed us

1. We are not credible title defenders - everyone thought we had this kind of result in us despite being at the top for a while, and they were right

2. Why Wenger wanted Kallstrom (why we signed him when he was injured is a different matter)

3. We remain vulnerable to tactical managers who have the players to match ours

4. Ozil was not what this team needed

5. A proper front 3 will always be a greater threat than a team that relies on midfield for goals

6. Giroud has been over-used and is not enough for a title winning team

7. This result, against a top team away, has been coming, and (scoreline aside) there's noone who is really surprised by our vulnerability

8. Our manager can do top 4, but his methods are unlikely to bring us much more than that

Am I wrong?
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree with point 7. I never once thought we'd take such a hammering. A loss, yes, but not not a complete beating where we failed to turn up. The defence have been consistent all season but that was a shocker from them.

But other than that you're right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    I disagree with point 7. I never once thought we'd take such a hammering. A loss, yes, but not not a complete beating where we failed to turn up. The defence have been consistent all season but that was a shocker from them.

But other than that you're right.
    Yeah - like I say, the scoreline surprised us - but IMHO anyone who was surprised by our capitulation is in denial regarding our performances this season. What's worrying is that Wenger seems blind to his frailties. We have addressed some areas this season, yes. But I have said all along that there's been no fundamental step change in this team, And deep down, we, and everyone else, knows this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After seeing what we did in the transfer window, a complete capitulation wouldn't surprise me either. All the hard work we've put in early in the season may just go to waste. One or two key signing would have given us a mental lift but Wenger has decided once again to ignore the obvious. I don't know what's wrong with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    After seeing what we did in the transfer window, a complete capitulation wouldn't surprise me either. All the hard work we've put in early in the season may just go to waste. One or two key signing would have given us a mental lift but Wenger has decided once again to ignore the obvious. I don't know what's wrong with him.

....and THAT is why Gooners have been restless despite riding high in the league. The Wenger blind spot is the most frustrating part of being a Gooner!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's like 2008 all over again. Unbelievable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That every dog can have its day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the fact you don't think mesut ozil was what this team needed means you don't understand Mesut Ozil. he gave this team a huge lift, and is a genuine world class player who's movement, passes and vision brings out the best in his team mates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We play the wrong game for Ozil, unless we change our style of play to pacier attacking we'll never make the most of his talents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PGFC View Post
    That every dog can have its day
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    the fact you don't think mesut ozil was what this team needed means you don't understand Mesut Ozil. he gave this team a huge lift, and is a genuine world class player who's movement, passes and vision brings out the best in his team mates.
    Quite right.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.