User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Good season?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate, if you're going to WUM then at least put some effort into it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not WUMming.

Don't get me wrong I'm pleased we finally won something but lets be honest we fell way short in the league once again, disappointed in the CL and had an easy route to the FA Cup yet we only just managed to win it.

Fourth means absolutely nothing to me. We've been there every year for the last 9 years (with a couple of thirds) and for what? We have never pushed on from their to mount a sustained challenge for the league and not made an impact in the CL. Its boring. Pointless.

inb4 your face is boring/pointless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    had an easy route to the FA Cup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been a good season. We've made good progress in the league, though due to injuries we weren't able to sustain it.

And of course we won the cup, beating some big sides along the way.

Need to really kick on from here, though.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Not really.

Who cares about 4th.

The FA Cup was handed to us and even then we made hard work of it.

are you taking the piss?

we had to beat spurs (NLD are always tough games), coventry was a good draw, then we had to beat liverpool who 8 days earlier had just thumped us 5-1, everton was another tough draw. we deserved this cup because we fucking won it. now enjoy it or piss off

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were fortunate with the home draws but that's it, we still had to face some good sides who gave us a run for our money. As for Wigan and Hull, yes we were heavy favourites but that doesn't mean they were going to turn up and roll over for us, they were always going to raise their game for the occasion. Even Sheffield United ran Hull close in the semi, these things can happen. It was a lot of pressure to deal with knowing we simply had to win it.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 19-05-2014 at 09:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    our win percentage in 2013/14 season was 66.07%, our best ever. thats a good sign of progress, add in the trophy too and i think Arsene deserves time to really go ahead and finish this job with the league title

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Still a long way to go, Saturday showed that our preparation mentally for big games is lacking, we just weren't in the game the first ten minutes, and when you look at Chelsea and Liverpool Games we hàve gone behind early there and ended up getting decimated where we are pushing up to get back into the game.
    I think that's the big improvement AW needs to make next season. As well of course strengthening us in terms of pace and fire power.
    I'm not entirely comfortable with him been given three year contract, it seems to be totally about sentiment to make sure his reign goes over twenty years. My preference would be for a two year contract that can be extended by another year or so depending on results.
    I also hope it's his last contract because it will show that the board are purely offering him contract extensions because they'd have no idea what to do if he leaves.