User Tag List

Page 550 of 1387 FirstFirst ... 504505005405485495505515525606006501050 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,500 of 13868

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adzzzbatch View Post
    Shitty article from my local rag: http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/s...lops-1-6073563

World of Sport: Arsenal will still be top of the flops

Only a fool, the most partisan Gunners fan and Arsene Wenger can seriously believe that winning the FA Cup will herald a new era of success at The Emirates.

What exactly has changed since Arsenal came from two goals behind inside the first 10 minutes to beat a Hull side shown of its best two players 3-2 in the final last weekend?

Not a lot is the generous answer to that question. Nothing is probably more accurate.

This is still the same Arsenal team thrashed by Liverpool and Manchester City last season when they displayed an alarmingly soft underbelly when the going got tough. A characteristic of a Wenger side if ever there was one.

It’s also still a defensively-inept side who can’t defend set-pieces.

And they are still managed by a stubborn man who believes finishing fourth every season justifies his astronomical salary.

The sides destined to challenge for the Premier League title next season, and Liverpool, will not feel threatened by a potential momentum surge.

Wigan won the FA Cup the season before and it didn’t do them any good12 months on.

No, all solid students of form will know that Arsenal simply did last weekend what they’ve always done best, and that’s beat a rubbish team, albeit after extra-time.

They were ridiculously fortunate all the way through the competition anyway. Luck can win you a cup, bit it won’t ever win you a league title.

Arsenal received a home draw in every round of the FA Cup and didn’t even need to book an overnight stay for the semi-final and final.

And yet I’m still surprised Arsenal didn’t organise a medal for referee Howard Webb as without his appalling decision not to award the most obvious of spot-kicks in the fifth-round tie against Liverpool, Arsenal wouldn’t have reached the quarter-finals.

They also needed penalties to beat Wigan in the semi-final, a victory that sparked off the sort of celebrations that betrayed the true status of the club.

Deep down this club knows they are not serious challengers for the biggest prizes so they have to celebrate the minor victories in the style of fans of third division Wolves.

Since last weekend’s win we’ve heard the predictable noises about building on their success, but then Wenger (right) makes many promises every summer that he doesn’t come close to keeping.

No, Arsenal have simply won a trophy that pales into insignificance compared to winning the Premier League or European Champions League.

How else does it end up on ITV and a highlights show that is on so late it clashes only with roulette on the other channels?

In fact the roulette is often a better watch as Gordon Strachan is yet to turn up spouting jibberish while spinning the pretty wheel.

And how else does it end up on BT Sport where Michael Owen continues to prove that being inarticulate and boring is no hindrance to a role as a football co-commentator?
    It's happened again....
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Good lord what a horrific article.
    Modern journalism. HRH the kraut cunt was calling Putin Hitler yesterday and the Daily Fuhrer printed it, probably because they were pissed that Russia has a Hitler and we don't. Journalism is shit at every level now, even in the local rags. Shame, because the worse journalists get the stupider people become. Which means journos must be pretty fucking bad.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adzzzbatch View Post
    Shitty article from my local rag: http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/s...lops-1-6073563

World of Sport: Arsenal will still be top of the flops

Only a fool, the most partisan Gunners fan and Arsene Wenger can seriously believe that winning the FA Cup will herald a new era of success at The Emirates.

What exactly has changed since Arsenal came from two goals behind inside the first 10 minutes to beat a Hull side shown of its best two players 3-2 in the final last weekend?

Not a lot is the generous answer to that question. Nothing is probably more accurate.

This is still the same Arsenal team thrashed by Liverpool and Manchester City last season when they displayed an alarmingly soft underbelly when the going got tough. A characteristic of a Wenger side if ever there was one.

It’s also still a defensively-inept side who can’t defend set-pieces.

And they are still managed by a stubborn man who believes finishing fourth every season justifies his astronomical salary.

The sides destined to challenge for the Premier League title next season, and Liverpool, will not feel threatened by a potential momentum surge.

Wigan won the FA Cup the season before and it didn’t do them any good12 months on.

No, all solid students of form will know that Arsenal simply did last weekend what they’ve always done best, and that’s beat a rubbish team, albeit after extra-time.

They were ridiculously fortunate all the way through the competition anyway. Luck can win you a cup, bit it won’t ever win you a league title.

Arsenal received a home draw in every round of the FA Cup and didn’t even need to book an overnight stay for the semi-final and final.

And yet I’m still surprised Arsenal didn’t organise a medal for referee Howard Webb as without his appalling decision not to award the most obvious of spot-kicks in the fifth-round tie against Liverpool, Arsenal wouldn’t have reached the quarter-finals.

They also needed penalties to beat Wigan in the semi-final, a victory that sparked off the sort of celebrations that betrayed the true status of the club.

Deep down this club knows they are not serious challengers for the biggest prizes so they have to celebrate the minor victories in the style of fans of third division Wolves.

Since last weekend’s win we’ve heard the predictable noises about building on their success, but then Wenger (right) makes many promises every summer that he doesn’t come close to keeping.

No, Arsenal have simply won a trophy that pales into insignificance compared to winning the Premier League or European Champions League.

How else does it end up on ITV and a highlights show that is on so late it clashes only with roulette on the other channels?

In fact the roulette is often a better watch as Gordon Strachan is yet to turn up spouting jibberish while spinning the pretty wheel.

And how else does it end up on BT Sport where Michael Owen continues to prove that being inarticulate and boring is no hindrance to a role as a football co-commentator?
    Stewart Robson?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its amazing how much shit we are getting for actually winning the cup compared to the big clubs like chelsea, liverpool, united etc who didn't win it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bully is a cunt.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    Bully is a cunt.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Modern journalism. HRH the kraut cunt was calling Putin Hitler yesterday and the Daily Fuhrer printed it, probably because they were pissed that Russia has a Hitler and we don't. Journalism is shit at every level now, even in the local rags. Shame, because the worse journalists get the stupider people become. Which means journos must be pretty fucking bad.
    Isn't he Greek?

If people have an issue with newspapers then don't read them. Wenger is actually very popular with journalists but that Peterborough article is rubbish and who is really going to read it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ever since I was in England when I was 10, I have always felt "Everyone" is against Arsenal, and 20 years later, I still have no idea why?

We are always in a no win siutation...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A Gunner View Post
    Ever since I was in England when I was 10, I have always felt "Everyone" is against Arsenal, and 20 years later, I still have no idea why?

Supporters of every club in every sport think the same.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A Gunner View Post

"It's fine that people hate us. It's part of our history"

- George Graham
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.