User Tag List

Page 2310 of 3192 FirstFirst ... 13101810221022602300230823092310231123122320236024102810 ... LastLast
Results 23,091 to 23,100 of 31911

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty big deal, that.

I don't live in London so this doesn't directly affect me, though Uber are already not allowed to operate in Reading.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this not a breach of some sort of anti competition law? We've seen far bigger companies take absolute liberties with regulations but never kicked out of the game. A dodgy decision from TFL that further puts the squeeze on Londoners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always use Uber on nights out in London, hell I’ve even taken an Uber from London all the way home to Milton Keynes and it worked out better value than booking a private firm.

They’re a pretty dodgy company though. Had plenty disputes with their drivers and customer service in the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Is this not a breach of some sort of anti competition law? We've seen far bigger companies take absolute liberties with regulations but never kicked out of the game. A dodgy decision from TFL that further puts the squeeze on Londoners.
    The Black Cabbie crew is a mafia and has been for a long time. But you're right, of course it's anti-competitive. Thats not a surprise considering the type of government we have in this country. Uber couldn't have risen so quickly if there hadn't been a huge demand for an alternative to the scalping Black Cab mafia. Give the people what they want, provided it doesn't upset any unofficial arrangements.

I was looking at EU VAT regulations for US companies the other day. It's quite literally unbelievable. How governments have attained so much power over every aspect of our lives is a shame that is rightly attributable to all of us. Government and liberty cannot coexist.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I was looking at EU VAT regulations for US companies the other day.
    Struggling to sleep?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Struggling to sleep?
    Struggling with the now close on impossible task of building (what used to be) a simple payment processor. Fucking government, crawling every avenue to protect the people from the fruits of their own labour.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    The Black Cabbie crew is a mafia and has been for a long time. But you're right, of course it's anti-competitive. Thats not a surprise considering the type of government we have in this country. Uber couldn't have risen so quickly if there hadn't been a huge demand for an alternative to the scalping Black Cab mafia. Give the people what they want, provided it doesn't upset any unofficial arrangements.

I was looking at EU VAT regulations for US companies the other day. It's quite literally unbelievable. How governments have attained so much power over every aspect of our lives is a shame that is rightly attributable to all of us. Government and liberty cannot coexist.
    Exactly. Given how fast they’ve risen because of demand, you’d have thought they’d give Uber some more time to reform instead of an outright ban. It’s dodgy and just protecting the Black cabs along with forcing people on to night buses and night trains.

Sadiq Khan is full of shit. First it was that nonsense about all cab drivers needing pay £180 to pass an English test to be a driver. I thought that was ridiculous. Next, it was that bullshit tax being dumped on to consumers that have older cars that produce more pollution. Why in the world is the tax going on someone that obviously can’t afford a brand spanking new car? He’s doing nothing about rail fairs and now he’s attacking one of the more cheaper ways to travel. It’s bullshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.