User Tag List

Page 50 of 235 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Despair and Bafflement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    You really have to wonder if the Board are thinking about pushing Wenger off the edge to sign Arteta. Le Grove makes a good argument but he forgets that Simeone didn't just arrive in Spain and start tearing it up. He spent a number of years in Argentina coaching before arriving at Atletico. Zidane and Luis Enrique the worlds best players spread between them at Real and Barcelona. I'm not looking at them as elite at this point. It's a huge risk to take on Arteta and it's great that the club are leaking this story because it shows that Wenger's time is almost over. But what would make them move for Arteta? He must he getting rave reviews behind the scenes got them to overlook so many others.
    A spineless yes man who would tow the company line? Replacing like for like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    A spineless yes man who would tow the company line? Replacing like for like.
    Yep. That's what I'm afraid of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I see that transvestite looking, pouting, eyebrow plucked, mediocre fool on the touchline I'm gonna be seriously annoyed.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    Yep. That's what I'm afraid of.
    I can understand that fear, however the question would be a yes man to who

Kroenke isn’t the micromanaging type. He sacked the LA rams guy because it impacted on his bottom line

That’s kind of going to be the issue. Wenger is going to leave a huge vacuum which is going to have to be filled with multiple new appointments. So hard to know who the new guy would be deferential to (Gazidis presumably)

I’m guessing your concern would be on transfer spending and whether any new guy will make a beef to get funds.

So much will have to change when Wenger finally goes, we will be in completely uncharted territory. And perhaps that doesn’t make it fertile territory for someone green behind the ears.

My preference is still for Unai Emery in a head coach role

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    I’m guessing your concern would be on transfer spending and whether any new guy will make a beef to get funds.
    Not just transfer spending but:

- charisma
    - vision
    - ability to motivate players
    - leadership
    - transfer pedigree
    - tactical knowledge & robustness
    - coaching pedigree
    - managerial experience

I know some of you are desparate but Arteta is not the man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the point is, if Arsenal really did leak that story it's the best news we've had out of the club in years. It's like the faint but distant sound of running water in a vast desert.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my hopes up last year when the stories of Tuchel, Allegri and Hasenhüttl came about. The latter even said we got in touch about taking over from Wenger at the end of the season

Not getting my hopes up again

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    Not just transfer spending but:

- charisma
    - vision
    - ability to motivate players
    - leadership
    - transfer pedigree
    - tactical knowledge & robustness
    - coaching pedigree
    - managerial experience

I know some of you are desparate but Arteta is not the man.
    Let’s be fair though we actually know very little about Arteta apart from knowing he’s not held a managerial position.

What he did as captain, is not indicative. Because you don’t get captains like Tony Adams or Roy Keane anymore (and neither of them have exactly made a great fist of management).

I get your misgivings I honestly do, this wouldn’t be my first choice by any stretch. And the point you or someone else made about Paul Clement is well taken. But as NQ has said below your response, it’s a positive because if nothing else they are at least starting to look beyond Wenger, it’s taken them long enough.
    The appointment of the Dortmund guy and the Barcelona guy does seem to suggest that if nothing else, despite their PR bullshit there is recognition that things aren’t working as they should.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    If I see that transvestite looking, pouting, eyebrow plucked, mediocre fool on the touchline I'm gonna be seriously annoyed.
    But you have to admit he has got great hair.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Let’s be fair though we actually know very little about Arteta apart from knowing he’s not held a managerial position.
    Thanks for proving my point.