User Tag List

Page 946 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 4468468969369449459469479489569961046 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,460 of 13847

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I could not agree more.....I'd have had him here till he retired the other day.

I've barely seen a player take a ball on the half turn so effortlessly. One of my favourite players of all time.
    jheez some of you lot love a bit of sentimental tosh dont ya. I know we've been starved of legends and icons lately because of our predicament but there's no need to elevate average and unworthy players to that status

Have Rosicky here until the age of 37 He was frustrating a few years ago let alone now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    De Bruyne is the best player in the league. At what point was Rosicky the best player in the league?
    One of the best players in a shit infested league. Not the same thing as being a good player in a decent league.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    jheez some of you lot love a bit of sentimental tosh dont ya. I know we've been starved of legends and icons lately because of our predicament but there's no need to elevate average and unworthy players to that status

Have Rosicky here until the age of 37 He was frustrating a few years ago let alone now!
    He would have been on about 60/70k which isn't chicken change but in the age of grotesque money spinning world of football...I'd have made my peace with it on admittedly...sentimental grounds. I'd argue it would not have significantly held us back or stopped us progressing as those issues are more fundamental.

Football without the sentimentality and the alike is just a load of people drinking luke warm beer watching a load of anorexic rugby players isn't it....

Let's not pretend as if there isn't a single player in Arsenal history you'd have had way past their sell by date Dumbledore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    He would have been on about 60/70k which isn't chicken change but in the age of grotesque money spinning world of football...I'd have made my peace with it on admittedly...sentimental grounds. I'd argue it would not have significantly held us back or stopped us progressing as those issues are more fundamental.

Football without the sentimentality and the alike is just a load of people drinking luke warm beer watching a load of anorexic rugby players isn't it....

Let's not pretend as if there isn't a single player in Arsenal history you'd have had way past their sell by date Dumbledore.
    It would have stopped us progressing because no doubt the nutty professor in charge would have accomodated him and picked the grandad in the team to our detriment.

And I think as a club we are too sentimental. City, Chelsea, even Utd to an extent are ruthless, and look at their success. How diaby was allowed to stay on for so long is beyond me.. then the manager had the cheek to say we had no money!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Maybe but I went to see Arsenal play during the unbeaten season as well as more recently. And definitely a fit Rosicky would have made it into that unbeaten team, definitely better than Ljungberg in my opinion.
    Ljungberg brought plenty of goals to the table though and was just as dynamic as Rosicky, the latter probably had more skill but Ljungberg was very very effective and scored key goals, what would we do for a player like him now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do think there's some rose tinted glasses with Rosicky personally, yes he was very talented but in reality he really didn't help our cause much when he was here as he was injured so much and in his time here were barely won a thing and he was never close to any personal awards himself.

Talented player and all that but wouldn't have him in our best teams of the late 90s or early 00s, there was the odd game where he had an impact but you can't say his impact on games was a regular occurence like those before him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I do think there's some rose tinted glasses with Rosicky personally, yes he was very talented but in reality he really didn't help our cause much when he was here as he was injured so much and in his time here were barely won a thing and he was never close to any personal awards himself.

Talented player and all that but wouldn't have him in our best teams of the late 90s or early 00s, there was the odd game where he had an impact but you can't say his impact on games was a regular occurence like those before him.
    Spot on

Fairly average player, injury prone, part of an embarrassing banter era, only won 1 trophy (which was an FA cup).

Freddie was light years better and more effective.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Really?

No I’m sorry that’s absurd. Ljungberg played in a much better side than Rosicky, when that team left he was one of the last of the invincibles left and he looked bang average.

Rosicky stood out and performed when players around him didn’t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    Really?

No I’m sorry that’s absurd. Ljungberg played in a much better side than Rosicky, when that team left he was one of the last of the invincibles left and he looked bang average.

Rosicky stood out and performed when players around him didn’t.
    He looked bang average because Freddie was over the hill and his pace and legs had completely gone.

Prime Freddie > prime Rosicky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exclusive: #ReadingFC academy manager Lee Herron to join Arsenal as part of Per Mertesacker's management structure. He will take up a 'football operations' role at Hale End - Full story. https://t.co/wprFr6QTCr

More behind the scenes shake up