User Tag List

Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Wenger's future, possible extension and possible... departure?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall Quinn View Post
    I can’t believe you are going over this again.
    And I can't believe you're still pretending you don't understand my position.
    You're a bright enough chap, I'm sure you actually do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    Letters, the point, is that we are supposed to be a top club pushing for the big prizes, not a lower league 'cup team'. A decent and better manager (factually not Wenger) would turn us around and have us doing just that.

Why is that so fucking difficult for you to understand?
    Yes. That is why Wenger needs to go. We should be competing for the biggest prizes. We aren't.
    But we're still one of only 5 clubs who have won any trophies over the last 4 years.
    A change of manager and I actually think we would be challenging. I don't think our squad is that far away.
    Things aren't quite as bleak as some people are making out.
    Why is THAT so difficult to understand?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

Bull.
    Shit.

For years when we weren't winning trophies but occasionally flirted with a challenge you were whining that we weren't winning trophies.
    What's funny about what Zim said? He is right...both Liverpool and to a slightly lesser extent the Spuds have built squads that are more equipped than ours to challenge for the title.

They have better first XI's and squads than us in addition to much better managers.

They are both bonafide top 4 teams now, we aren't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    What's funny about what Zim said? He is right...both Liverpool and to a slightly lesser extent the Spuds have built squads that are more equipped than ours to challenge for the title.

They have better first XI's and squads than us in addition to much better managers.

They are both bonafide top 4 teams now, we aren't.
    I'm laughing at the idea that he would swap places. For years we were a top 4 and he sneered about just being top 4 and not winning trophies, which is exactly what Spurs and Livepool have done of late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. That is why Wenger needs to go. We should be competing for the biggest prizes. We aren't.
    But we're still one of only 5 clubs who have won any trophies over the last 4 years.
    A change of manager and I actually think we would be challenging. I don't think our squad is that far away.
    Things aren't quite as bleak as some people are making out.
    Why is THAT so difficult to understand?
    That's fine. Not difficult to understand.

Because it's missing the other stuff you go on about regarding Wenger. That's the part people can't get their head around.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This season is likely to be the first time Liverpool have qualified for the CL in consecutive seasons for the best part of a decade. For Spurs it’s only going to their 4th time ever.

They are at the start of their journey. Once upon a time we had hope too before 8 years of winning nothing and pretending 4th was a trophy sucked the life out of all of us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What we need to be where Spurs and Liverpool are is a managerial change which is what we all want anyway. I wouldn't necessarily swap squads though..... If by saying swap with Spurs or Liverpool we mean have a different manager then sure....

I don't particularly care about being first place loser in the league or Spurs being knocked out by Juventus in the CL when they should have gone through, particularly after the event. Both Liverpool and Spurs still have not won anything recently.

Each year we make poor decisions and that proves to be of consequence. We could have kept Woiech, signed Kante instead of Xhaka and changed for a manger who is serious about defensive coaching, drilling and strategy and I think defensively we'd already be transformed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bull.
    Shit.

For years when we weren't winning trophies but occasionally flirted with a challenge you were whining that we weren't winning trophies.
    We never challenged properly, always fell away when it mattered, never believed we were in with a genuine chance. I'm still complaining we're not winning, winning the FA Cup doesn't mean a lot as a stand alone trophy.

I'd rather have a team who are going somewhere, play good football and that you feel has a chance of upsetting the odds and winning one of the big prizes at some point than a team with no bottle who collapse whenever they get within a mile of one of the big prizes but a domestic cup instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm laughing at the idea that he would swap places. For years we were a top 4 and he sneered about just being top 4 and not winning trophies, which is exactly what Spurs and Livepool have done of late.
    It's not just about top 4, I still sneer at that, it's building a team capable of potentially challenging, that's what Spurs and Liverpool seem to be doing, not settling for coming 4th with no ambition to do better like we pretty much did.

I resent this clb for being such a bunch of losers with no ambition, for years all they've cared about is getting into the top 4, not to improve, or try to win the CL, simply get more money in the bank, so yes top 4 is for losers if you just settle for that every single season without ever being serious about improving of challenging for the big prizes.

Neither Spurs or Liverpool look at it that way, they want to win the big prizes, even if they don't succeed you can see they have ambitions to.
    Last edited by Özim; 16-03-2018 at 01:06 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Neither Spurs or Liverpool look at it that way, they want to win the big prizes, even if they don't succeed you can see they have ambitions to.
    I actually agree with that to be fair.
    It's clear our board aren't that fussed so long as the money keeps rolling in.
    And to be fair although Spurs and Liverpool are overall in a better place than us right now it has taken them a lot of failures to get there and neither have challenged that seriously.
    Spurs flirted with a title challenge the last 2 seasons but I never quite felt they were up to it and so it proved in the end. Liverpool have been nowhere.