User Tag List

Page 69 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: The next manager..

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would prefer Unai Emery over Arteta if anything just for the fact he has some decent managerial experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep would definitely rather give Emery a go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    The medical staff appointments, Sven, Raul and the recent firing of the old backroom hangers on has nothing to do with Wenger. If we had kept to Wenger’s vision where we didn’t have a Director of Football and more staff taking on key roles, we’d have been in a much worse state. Wenger has played his part in helping to save money but he’s also been responsible for blowing money. Besides the waste in the transfer window, we missed out on getting £50m-£60m for Sanchez. The wage bill is bloated. We have an ageing squad. Aubameyang, Ozil and Mkhitaryan are 28/29. As seen with Kos, Merts and Santi, their fitness and performances may fall off a cliff once they’ve hit 30. Besides Lacazette, the players in their mid 20s are of questionable quality. Ramsey, Welbeck, Wilshere, Xhaka, Mustafi, Kolasinac, Elneny. None of them are consistent performers and most of them don’t the skillset to be become world class and carry the team. The defence is terrible and the better players are well past their prime.

We’re on shaky territory. Some parts are really good and should appeal to any manager but other areas are bad and it may limit us on who we can attract for the role. I don’t think we can roll out the red carpet for just anyone with experience. Some of the candidates available aren’t that great and represent as much as a risk as someone with little experience, like Arteta.
    Yep, that's how I see it too PnG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Yep would definitely rather give Emery a go.
    Me too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery seems solid! I bet he's in London to see Chelsea!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Emery was onboard with the Neymar bullshit and couldn't see what that ultra fraud was doing then that's a big tick in the avoid column. I don't think he did that great a job at PSG, at least nothing beyond the minimum expectations and we've had enough of that already. He seemed more effective at Sevilla, a smaller club. He was never on my own list because he's already had his big move, an endless budget and IMO he hit his ceiling.

I still don't know why certain individuals were never really considered. Conte. Jardim. Simeone. Maybe Simeone is out of reach but the other two are surely getable?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m ok with taking a chance on Arteta. But my number one preference by a country mile is Conte.

He’s done it in the PL, has incredible tactical nous and is just the guy to give our weak little flowers the kick up the ass they clearly need.

He’s a winner and he’s won it in our league and he started his march to the title after he faced a 45 minute spanking against us.

Thankfully the Chelsea hierarchy did everything they could to fuck him up this season.

And he still walked away with the FA Cup.

He is a must get.

We won’t get him.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second thoughts on Emery. I hear he's a bottle job. Looking closer into his record, that does seem to be the case. Just seen an article about him not winning a single away game with Sevilla.

NQ might be right about this one. I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Just seen an article about him not winning a single away game with Sevilla.
    Is that true? In 3 years?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery is not for me I'm afraid.

Nor Conte, He won the PL in his first season but he hasn't done anything of note over the course of a season except win the FA cup.

Even Wenger managed that.