Page 125 of 322 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Messi doesn't have anything to prove either tbf.
    I agree he doesn’t. It’s one of the key differentials though if a Messi v Ronaldo debate is to be had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    He doesn't need the money and was on a shedload at Real, he could have stayed in the comfort zone as Messi has, it would have been the easy route. At Juve he has to prove himself again by scoring goals, it's clearly the harder path.

There's a lot of pressure on him at Juve now, they want to win the CL and expect him to help them deliver them. Say what you like but this guy doesn't rest on his laurels, he's constantly tryng to push himself.
    The richest people in the world stopped needing the money years ago but that doesn’t stop them scooping up even more. I can see why Juventus have bought him, for the reason you mentioned. I’m not sure I believe him wanting a new challenge is the single reason for the move. His relationship with Perez has been fractious for years now and he’s pretty much guaranteed the league at Juve. They aren’t a million miles away from winning the CL already - is taking a giant team one or two extra steps to the trophy enough of a motivation? That said, he has nothing left to prove so why not scoop half a million each week for the last few years if someone is mad enough to pay that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I agree he doesn’t. It’s one of the key differentials though if a Messi v Ronaldo debate is to be had.

Ronaldo >>>>>> Messi
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feels weird having all our main business done this early.

What the hell are News Now going to do now Wenger has left? Their total advertising revenue will probably drop by about 90% without Arsenal fans there hammering the refresh button all summer long!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    The richest people in the world stopped needing the money years ago but that doesn’t stop them scooping up even more. I can see why Juventus have bought him, for the reason you mentioned. I’m not sure I believe him wanting a new challenge is the single reason for the move. His relationship with Perez has been fractious for years now and he’s pretty much guaranteed the league at Juve. They aren’t a million miles away from winning the CL already - is taking a giant team one or two extra steps to the trophy enough of a motivation? That said, he has nothing left to prove so why not scoop half a million each week for the last few years if someone is mad enough to pay that?
    He's a footballer not a businessman, he has loads of money already, huge sponsorship deals and a huge salary at Real an increase will be a drop in the ocean for him.

Going to a new country is a big challenge, different country, different players, different style of play, different culture and lifestyle, he also has to move from somewhere he's been for 9 years and where he won't know anyone, it's a big change and a big challenge, especially when Juve want to win the CL.

Staying at Real would have been easy, he's already a legend, he's the main man in the team he's won leagues and CL's, he could just play out his last days there, instead he's chosen to make the move and take a chance, credit to him. Too many footballers stay in the comfort zone like Messi, never changing anything and never trying their luck in a different country, which is far easier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    He's a footballer not a businessman, he has loads of money already, huge sponsorship deals and a huge salary at Real an increase will be a drop in the ocean for him.

Going to a new country is a big challenge, different country, different players, different style of play, different culture and lifestyle, he also has to move from somewhere he's been for 9 years and where he won't know anyone, it's a big change and a big challenge, especially when Juve want to win the CL.

Staying at Real would have been easy, he's already a legend, he's the main man in the team he's won leagues and CL's, he could just play out his last days there, instead he's chosen to make the move and take a chance, credit to him. Too many footballers stay in the comfort zone like Messi, never changing anything and never trying their luck in a different country, which is far easier.
    Yeah, absolute bullshit. We've seen what happens when players start caring more about money than football. See the other Ronaldo as a prime example. See Ronaldinho. The easy option would be to sign a new contract at Real Madrid, get fat and stop training as hard.

The fact that Ronaldo is still in peak condition at 33, gone to a top club that's willing to pay that much for him speaks volumes about his work ethic. Anyone that attempts to discredit that I can't take seriously. Just give credit where it's due. Most players are preparing to retire at this age and return to their home club because their bodies are wrecked or out to America.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone discrediting it?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a common misconception that people who think that Ronaldo is a c*** also think he's no good at football. One can believe both that he's a c*** and an exceptional footballer. Those two things are not mutually exclusive, they're often complimentary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It's a common misconception that people who think that Ronaldo is a c*** also think he's no good at football. One can believe both that he's a c*** and an exceptional footballer. Those two things are not mutually exclusive, they're often complimentary.
    What are you talking about? That has zero to do with the discussion.

Since your cheerleader jumped in, I'm guessing my post may have struck a nerve?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    What are you talking about? That has zero to do with the discussion.

Since your cheerleader jumped in, I'm guessing my post may have struck a nerve?
    What is wrong with you? Your response to any post of mine is so Pavlovian

You said "Anyone that attempts to discredit [what Ronaldo has done]". I don't think anyone is doing that. There seems to be a feeling that people on here who think he's a cock are trying to discredit it him. They're not. They just think he's a cock
    I honestly find the Messi vs Ronaldo debate boring. As I've said before, too many people on both sides of it pretend that their favoured player is clearly the better one. Truth is there's nothing between them but I've already agreed that Ronaldo testing himself in different leagues is a decent argument for giving him more credit in certain ways.