Page 130 of 322 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    It's not like Ronaldo is moving to the Renford rejects though is it......
    Nah Spurs couldn't afford him.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Nah Spurs couldn't afford him.

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Nobody is laughing at Liverpool for spending on Van Dyk anymore.....?

And Oblak is better in his respective position.
    Liverpool had the resources having just received around 140 million from Barca for Countiho.

As PnG implies we don't have that so we have to be conservative with our resources and until we can start rebuilding some value with this squad ....... we're hampered by years of decadence and wastefulness. Letting players value run down by letting their contracts run down, not selling at the right time and simply just letting players rot away through bad management decisions.

For all we laugh at Spurs for having all their players still at the world cup I'll tell you one thing, it's probably increased all their value and if need be, Levy can get even bigger money for the likes of Kane, Trippier etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At any rate I'm not sure why Oblak would want to come from a club with CL football to a club without it. I think some of you guys are underestimating just how much our stature has taken a hit the past few years, hence why regaining CL is an absolute must this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Wanting a change, being in the same place, with the same players and same people probably gets a bit repetitive, change often injects new energy into someone, I just think playing for aruably the best club in Spain/Europe for so long takes a bit away from his achievements, he's never done it for a smaller club where everyone isn't passing to him or focussed on him, that's far easier than going somewhere new where you have something tp prove.

Maybe he doesn't have the desire to push himself, we've seen that at international level he doesn't really cut it, weighed down by expectation, something that just isn't there at Barcelona where he's the golden boy as he's proven himself and noone questions him.

He's a great player, but having been at Barcelona for his entire football life has certainly helped his cause, it's easier when you have nothing but great players around and you dictate the direction of the team.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Real Madrid gave Ronaldo a gentle nudge out the door. If they waited another year or two his value would plummet. It makes sense for them to take the £100m and use it to invest in Mbappe, Neymar or whoever.

That's how we got Ozil.
    Last edited by Penguin; 13-07-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Real Madrid gave Ronaldo a gentle nudge out the door. If they wait another year or two his value will plummet. It makes sense for them to take the £100m and use it to invest in Mbappe, Neymar or whoever.

That's how we got Ozil.
    Ermmm dude, not sure you've been reading news but Ronaldo's already moved to Juventus confirmed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Ermmm dude, not sure you've been reading news but Ronaldo's already moved to Juventus confirmed.
    I know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know?
    You said,

"If they wait another year or two his value will plummet." ....... which implied that they were still considering the offer. I'm guessing you just messed up the tense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh right, I'll change it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't be surprised if Real Madrid gave Ronaldo a gentle nudge out the door. If they waited another year or two his value would plummet. It makes sense for them to take the £100m and use it to invest in Mbappe, Neymar or whoever.

That's how we got Ozil.
    Not too sure, trouble is he's irreplaceable, they'll find it tough next season without his goals, neither Neymar nor Mbappe will score as many, Mbappe only got 21 for PSG this season, he's a decent talent but a long way from being anywhere near as good as the top guys, he hasn't got many goals at the World Cup either.

Neymar would be a better bet but he's going to cost them double what Ronaldo was sold for, that's if they can get him from PSG who have money coming out of their ears. They're in a tough position now, because every club knows they need to replace Ronaldo.

They should have signed someone before selling him tbh.