User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v West Ham (away).

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    You said it all.

Question: What logic anywhere justifies freezing out your star player and hoping he gets the message and leaves while giving inferior players more than enough opportunities to showcase their limited abilities.....

Ah, it must be Jose Mourinho logic
    Ozil isn’t our star player.

He’s just on star player wages

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery reckons he is happy with the squad he has. If he truly believes that, then he is not fit for the job. The current playing group is very poor, bar a few players. Loans won’t fix the issue, it needs major investment, which we won’t get from Stan. What does Steve Bould actually do, if he is defensive coach, then he needs to walk, as the stats are there showing our defence to be among the worst in the division. This club is not about football, it’s about lining Stan’s pockets, he’s the worst thing to happen to this club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest it's hard to see a way out of this mess now, Wenger and Gazidis left us with a very average squad full of vastly overpaid under par players we'd struggle to get rid of, we have an owner not interested in football and not interested in investing a penny and not enough money for transfers.

Right now it's hard to see how this will improve unless we by some miracle get into the CL and get some CL money (and even then who knows how much money we'll get), if we don't we could have years of this because we've barely got any assets in the team worth anything.

There's also been some odd decisions from Emery, think our best bet would be finding some young players who turn out to be special (we don't see to have any at the club at the moment).

We're in between a rock and a hard place right now, desperate for money to invest in the team, but no money to do so, we also have quite a few ageing players in Aubameyang, Sokratis, Koscielny, Monreal, Cech, Mikhitaryan, Ozil, Lichsteiner who will be worth next to nothing and will need replacing in the fairly near future, that's on top of duds like Xhaka, Mustafi, Iwobi, Elneny who aren't worth much.

What a mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't agree about our young players not having potential.

Willock and one or two others are showing a lot of promise, and Nelson's having a great season at Hoffenheim

They're probably our best hope tbh

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have some good attacking players in the youth ranks which is promising and maybe emery needs to start putting them in the lineup - they can’t do much worse tbh.

But it seems we have no young defenders standing out.

It’s like defence has just been forgotten about at this club - like it doesn’t exist anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's Medley, but not sure who else

https://www.arsenal.com/academy/players/zech-medley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should want to get into the CL because that's where the top players want to be and that is the premier Europe competition. As far as making money from it....we don't know the money from it will be allocated to transfers. The owner can do whatever the fuhk he wants and he doesn't have to tell us about it. Thank you for your interest in our affairs, but get lost.
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 13-01-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I don't agree about our young players not having potential.

Willock and one or two others are showing a lot of promise, and Nelson's having a great season at Hoffenheim

They're probably our best hope tbh
    Nelson aside I don't think the others will make it personally, overall there's just not enough coming out of our youth teams, this despite almost two decades spent developing it.

What we're seeing now at the club are Wenger and Gazidis' legacies and as for our self sustaining model, it's one of the biggest jokes in football, it's not there for the good of the club, it's there for the good of the owners, there's zero benefit for the fans. I find it sad how this club has become what it is today, 15 years ago we had so much going for us, I never imagined we'd be where we are now, in a place where we'll have zero chance of competingf or the PL for years to come.

Incidentally I see Wenger still doesn't have a job despite the supposed load of offers he's had, we kept hold of this guy for over 2 decades and yet noone seems to want him now he's left.
    Last edited by Özim; 13-01-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    We should want to get into the CL because that's where the top players want to be and that is the premier Europe competition. As far as making money from it....we don't know the money from it will be allocated to transfers. The owner can do whatever the fuhk he wants and he doesn't have to tell us about it. Thank you for your interest in our affairs, but get lost.
    If we had a REAL ambition to make top 4 then we would be in the market now trying to improve our team. We are in no position to wait till the summer unless we have some great deals pre-agreed regardless of CL football next season.

I don’t know, I sense we are just ambling along, I don’t see any semblance of a sporting plan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We knew Emery had an uphill battle from the start but I don't think he should be getting off lightly with some of the on the pitch decisions being made thus far. Also given the fact our defending has somehow become worse, when all the signings we made in the summer were supposed to bolster that aspect of our game, it's time he faced a few questions. If we lose to Chelsea any hope we had of finishing 4th can be laid to rest and it is only January. It's not good enough, Wenger hangover or not.