User Tag List

Page 191 of 322 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 3213

Thread: Summer transfer joy and happiness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we win the WEFA cup we're looking at around 100million. Sell Chambers and Mustafi and whoever else and it's 130 million plus.

Sign a CB...Manolas? Rabiot on a free, Pepe for 43 million.

If we had ideas for AMN to be a midfielder, then go after Wan-Bisaka too who is the real deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rabiot is a bit of a no brainer IMO, an easy replacement for Ramsey. Not too concerned with questions over his personality, it was said that Auba could be difficult to work with but that's hard to believe from what we've seen of him here.

I'm not expecting much this summer anyway. I can't see the club making the type of signings we need and if we do they will probably be from the reduced aisle of the supermarket.

I feel that might be the case with or without CL qualification.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 15-05-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Rabiot is a bit of a no brainer IMO, an easy replacement for Ramsey. Not too concerned with questions over his personality, it was said that Auba could be difficult to work with but that's hard to believe from what we've seen of him here.

I'm not expecting much this summer anyway. I can't see the club making the type of signings we need and if we do they will probably be from the reduced aisle of the supermarket.

I feel that might be the case with or without CL qualification.
    I agree - even if we shift one or both of our biggest earners.

Apparently we’re about to post a £60m loss according to AST and talk of cutbacks within the club have been doing the rounds for a while.

i think it’s becuse of the wage bumps we handed out and the money spent on Auba last January on top of Laca. At the same time our income has dropped quite a bit over the past two years after being in the Europa.

Speaking of which, Auba only has two years left and his agent will no doubt be looking for an improved contract, as will Laca no doubt (3 years left I think).

We won’t be buying any big name players. It will be prospects ready to make the next step or youngsters with potential - especially when Edu arrives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be feeling a lot better if/when Edu is appointed. Right now it's hard to see what kind of vision is in place with the club a bit rudderless.

It does seem like not being in the CL has hit the club a lot harder than we were led to believe it would.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 15-05-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Rabiot probably does have a bit of an ego...... but I don't think he's so out of control that we should be turning our nose up on a player who could save us 40 odd million in transfer fees. Of course we'd pay him more with the signing on fees but we'd still be saving money.

A lot of people think we can't compete for top players....and I get why, but the 3/4 clubs with limitless funds can't buy every decent player in the world every summer. They won't be available indefinitely though so we should be looking to move quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be feeling a lot better if/when Edu is appointed. Right now it's hard to see what kind of vision is in place with the club a bit rudderless.

It does seem like not being in the CL has hit the club a lot harder than we were led to believe it would.
    If the January signing of Suarez is anything to go by we should be worried about what this summer will bring!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zaha wants to leave Palace.

Cheeky bid?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zaha wants to leave Palace.

Cheeky bid?
    Meh.

Not really at the level that would push us on, is he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s one of the best forward wide players in the league - way ahead of Iwobi.

19 goals and 8 assists over the past two seasons for a bottom half team is pretty damn good.

But either way, he has four years on his contract, is British and would cost upwards of £70m so no chance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Meh.

Not really at the level that would push us on, is he?
    Well he’s better than our current options but probably well out of our price range. Most players who would push us are likely to be too expensive for us anyway.