User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Bournemouth (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he thought Ozil would contribute in these games, he'd play him. He's not going to cut off his nose to spite his face.

It's been a long time since Ozil had an effective game.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    If he thought Ozil would contribute in these games, he'd play him. He's not going to cut off his nose to spite his face.

It's been a long time since Ozil had an effective game.
    Is he really worse than some of the shit we have out there?
    Emery's being a dick. At least stick him on the bench, he might add something as an impact sub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Emery's being a dick. At least stick him on the bench, he might add something as an impact sub.
    But he doesn't. It's a motivation issue. his head's not in the game any more. The same people slating Ozil under wenger are the same people slating Emery for not playing him.

He needs to be sold, but no one wants a player who can't be arsed any more.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    i agree with most of that, although even i don't think he's much of an impact sub tbh, he's better when he starts then if it's not working he can come off for someone with fresh energy late in the game when there's more space to operate in

however on GP's comment about Emery cutting his nose off etc, I'd say Emery seems more than capable of self-harming behaviour e.g. always playing Xhaka and making him captain at a time when the fans are actually booing him for being our worst player...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Why do you think it's personal? Bottom line is that Emery wants someone with the right defensive workrate and he knows he's not going to get that from Ozil. Whether the replacements are good enough is another issue.

Emery has said from the start that he want's the whole team to attack and defend together, from front to back. He hasn't really achieved that properly with or without Ozil, but I can see why he would leave him out of the team to try and fix that.
    Because as others have eloquently stated above, Emery has been very contradictory in his statements and handling of Ozil. Why is Ozil even one of the 5 captains if the Manager doesn't want him anywhere near the team?

What sort of example does it set when one of the 5 captains of the team doesn't "train properly", yet he is seen as one of the leaders? These are Emery's words regarding Ozil not training properly.

The whole thing is a sham, what makes it even worse is Emery is filling the position incorrectly too...Torreira has been playing there, it's nuts!

Also...we need to strike a balance with the attacking midfield position, we don't need a defensive player there or someone who is more focused on the defensive side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But he doesn't. It's a motivation issue. his head's not in the game any more. The same people slating Ozil under wenger are the same people slating Emery for not playing him.

I was one of them slating Ozil under Wenger and I'm slating Emery's management of Ozil and the team in general, there is a slight difference here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way I see it I'd be more willing to accept the fact Ozil is frozen out if Emery wasn't playing Torreira as an attacking player, that's utter madness, Torreira should be playing instead of Xhaka (a player Emery seems to think is amazing despite his very obvious faults) to play him as an attacking player is nonsensical.

Moreover, if we were going to freeze him out we should have tried to loan him out and covered some of his wages, at least we'd be forking out less money a month, the whole thing has been handled poorly to be honest.

I personally think, you could have him as an option on the bench if you need him, doesn't hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we got rid of Wenger, I 'thought' we would get a manager who would make sense in their way of working. I didnt think that would be too hard to ask.. unfortunately, Emery has taken a leaf out of Wengers playbook and continues with his bizarre decision making. I understand english is not his first language but this whole 5 captain BS is stupid, and then to select Ozil as one of the captains is even stupider.

Can we just ask to get a manager with a bit of common fucking sense?!
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if Ozil's head isn't in the game any more and I wasn't slating Ozil under Wenger although I'll admit he seemed to be contributing less and less.
    But ultimately yes, he needs to be sold. If Emery isn't going to play him then sell him. We're currently pissing away £300k a week on a player who isn't playing. It's mental. Why didn't Emery get rid in the summer? Even let him go on a free, it's better than wasting this sort of money on wages on a player who is contributing nothing not because of poor performances but because he's not out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil is getting flogged or loaned in January.

We have to pay his wages regardless for now, so if we know he’s outta here, whats the point in playing someone when he can’t be arsed anyway. Why not find the midfield you’ll have without him....

He’s a sunk cost. But at least by not playing him he stays fit, and can be moved out at the earliest opportunity.

The biggest issue with Emery is not Ozil. It’s that he can’t seem to balance a team back to front. The problem with the midfield isn’t his lack of desire to play Ozil, more that the trio he plays on rotation never fit together.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.