User Tag List

Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Ignorance and Dart Throwing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    apparently atletico might go after Laca - tbh if we could get someone like Ings as a replacement i'd be in, laca can't score for toffee right now, the only danger is if it loosens our hold on Auba

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Laca but if a good offer comes in, I'd let him go and keep Nketiah here.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get how any fan could want Laca gone at this point. He's absolutely essential to what Arteta's trying to do, as is Torreira and (increasingly) Xhaka. These are the three who carry the ballast when Ozil is having an off-month or (particularly now) Auba is not there or when Pepe is being Pepe-ish. Some fans are even suggesting the statue be brought back in his place. That's just crazy talk.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I don't get how any fan could want Laca gone at this point. He's absolutely essential to what Arteta's trying to do, as is Torreira and (increasingly) Xhaka. These are the three who carry the ballast when Ozil is having an off-month or (particularly now) Auba is not there or when Pepe is being Pepe-ish. Some fans are even suggesting the statue be brought back in his place. That's just crazy talk.
    Would you be okay letting him go if we got 80 million quid? Dudes going to be 29 in a few months and hasnt set the world on fire for us. I like him, I like his effort but we'd be foolish to not accept a big bid for him.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the problem with Lacazette is: when is gonna start scoring?

His work rate is brilliant and he battles with the best of them, but he hardly ever scores.
    No point having a 'top' striker if he cant score

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    I think the problem with Lacazette is: when is gonna start scoring?

His work rate is brilliant and he battles with the best of them, but he hardly ever scores.
    No point having a 'top' striker if he cant score
    Yep. Giroud was great at all the donkey work too but couldn’t quite score enough when he was really needed.

Laca simply has to deliver in the next few games with Auba suspended. No excuses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replacing Laca with Giroud is going backward. If we Let Laca go it must be for someone better like Danny Ings if we are staying local or an upgrade on the continent.
    Arsenal fans are a nostalgic lot. A few want Ramsey and Wilshere back. 20 games a season between those 2. Hey lets just get Walcott too. Can he still run fast without falling over?
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 15-01-2020 at 08:18 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    You think Xhaka is essential, what has the world come to, the guy is slow, can't tackle and consequently gives away fouls left right and center and has a bad attitude. The sooner we sell this guy the better, then we can get a proper CM who has more energy and drive to play alongside Torreira.

As for Lacazette, he's hopelessly out of form at the moment, I hope he can come good, but with Aubameyang probably on his way out we can't afford to lose him as well really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    I like Laca but if a good offer comes in, I'd let him go and keep Nketiah here.
    Nketiah couldn't even get a game at Leeds and hasbarely scored any goals, I don't see the merit in keeping him around until he's proved himself on loan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching the way the shape of the team shifts between attack and defence, it looks like Lacazette is playing a kind of false 9 role, where he leads the line when we're defending, but almost drops back alongside Özil as a second 10 when we attack (with Kola moving down the left and Auba moving central)? Definitely needs to start finding the net, but he's still contributing well outside of that.

Martinelli looks like a really good fit for that LW/CF role, so hopefully the shape and system won't suffer too much while Auba is out - maybe this will even force certain players to step up and stop relying on him so heavily for goals? (Also, I'm thinking it might be wise to delay sending Nketiah out on another loan until after Auba's suspension is up? Certainly until after the Chelsea game, anyway - I'm not so fussed about B'muff in the cup.)

Long-term, I think Lacazette will probably be sold. As it stands he's yet to sign a new contract, and it will probably take an offer far in excess of what he's worth to persuade him to sign one - something we shouldn't even be considering. However, I think it would take an absolutely obscene offer from someone for us to even consider selling him in January.