User Tag List

Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Temps and Journeymen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really cant see how any club can justify spending so many millions on players this year especially given some of them have furloughed staff or indeed threatened to furlough staff.

Plus pay cuts for players and moaning in the media that they are all suffering with no money when these clubs earn millions each year.

It would be galling to see a club then go out and spend 60 million on a new player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we've been mugs in the transfer market for as long as i can remember - missing out on people like Kante, selling players like RVP to rivals, losing Ramsay and others on free transfers and then paying £34m for a twat like Mustafi

and so it goes on ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    There's quite a bit about us in the BBC's latest transfer gossip roundup, most of it not good:

"Arsenal will sell Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 30, for £30m as they do not want him to leave on a free transfer. (Sun)

The Gunners have yet to offer a contract extension to German midfielder Mesut Ozil, 31. (ESPN)

Arsenal and Manchester United are both interested in signing Monaco and France striker Wissam Ben Yedder, 29. (L'Equipe - in French)

Arsenal will have to pay Real Madrid 50m euros (£44m) if they want to sign on-loan Spain midfielder Dani Ceballos, 23, on a permanent deal. (AS - in Spanish)

Arsenal are struggling to tie 18-year-old English winger Bukayo Saka down to a new contract with other Premier League clubs interested. (90min)"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/52462237

Losing Auba for £30m would be pretty grim, rising to unbearable if it was another English club, only Arsenal would find themselves in this situation

But losing Saka would be even worse

As for the rest, i'd like to keep Ceballos though £44m in the current climate seems a lot

And i don't know about Yedder but if Moan U are in for him i don't fancy our chances much, they can outbid us any day of the week
    Reports yesterday were saying Saka is finalising the details before signing a new contract. So the media is probably getting in the last few clickbait BS hits before that happens. Also, this morning, news that Auba will stay. Don't know if that means he'll sign a contract. Possibly where these latest rumours about a cut-price sale are coming from.

I'd also think the clubs, players and agents are keeping things extremely tight at a time when all this money sloshing around might seem vulgar. So where the media is getting this information from I'm not sure, probably a dark place full of brown stuff (as usual).
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever happens it's pretty grim for us, squad needs an overhaul, key players running down their contracts, Ozil still on £350k a week, not a lot of money and some rookie in charge as well, we're in a right mess.
    Last edited by Özim; 29-04-2020 at 10:26 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Whatever happens it's pretty grim for us, squad needs an overhaul, key players running down their contracts, Ozil still on £350k a week, not a lot of money and some rookie in charge as well, we're in a right mess.
    Oh good, you haven't been furloughed from moaning your tits off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Barca have put ALL their playa on the transfer list, apart from Messi and some other bloke.

Cheeky series of ludicrous underbids to piss them off?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Oh good, you haven't been furloughed from moaning your tits off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Apparently Barca have put ALL their playa on the transfer list, apart from Messi and some other bloke.
    bit late for you to start trying to get down wid da kids innit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    bit late for you to start trying to get down wid da kids innit?
    The kids nicked that one from me, if you check back. I have plenty more groovy and hip shit like that in my locker.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saliba finally joins up after the frogs ended their season early. Is he any good? Don't know. Forgot we'd signed him.
    Für eure Sicherheit