User Tag List

Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer '21 transfer lunacy and overpayment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Smith Rowe really sees his future elsewhere, it add his name to a long list of disloyal Arsenal players . The first one I can recall was David Herd , but the list is endless. Van Persie, Stapleton, Ashley Cole et al!! What is it about the cub or is it the character of the players involved

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it was Man utd, Chelsea, or Man City with a massive bid they we couldn't refuse I could probably understand (forcibly) but VILLA to gotta be kidding me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rodders View Post
    If Smith Rowe really sees his future elsewhere, it add his name to a long list of disloyal Arsenal players . The first one I can recall was David Herd , but the list is endless. Van Persie, Stapleton, Ashley Cole et al!! What is it about the cub or is it the character of the players involved
    this club has no ambition and doesn't' understand the idea of holding on to your key assets, why else would they sell our best keeper to Villa instead of shipping out Leno

Smith Rowe should be right at the heart of our plans for the future, to sell him would be stupidity at its highest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    it probably be a case of us covering part of his wages at his new club to get him off our books which i would still take. he was a good player at chelsea i thought. he is rubbish with us.
    Yeah, I don’t necessarily blame anyone for identifying him as a target *at the time* - if anyone did it now then I’d question their sanity, but a year ago his reputation was still good, other big clubs were after him, he was on a free in a summer when all clubs had been hit by the pandemic, and (on paper, at least) he filled a gap in terms of experience in that area (our other options were Pepe, who was still running around like a headless chicken, and 3 kids: Saka, Martinelli and ESR, two of whom were injured). It made a certain amount of sense to bring in an experienced option for a couple of years to buy the other 4 the time they needed to develop, and I don’t think even the most vocal opponents of the move thought he’d be anywhere near this shit?

That contract, though! Who the hell thought that was a good idea after all the trouble we’ve had moving players on?
    Last edited by I am invisible; 05-07-2021 at 08:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rodders View Post
    What on earth has this club come to? Reports that Villa actually believe that Smith-Rowe think that he has a better future with Villa than with Arsenal.
    With all due respect to Villa, who cares what they believe? The kid is already a key part of our first team and getting regular games, we can offer him more money, we finished higher than them in the league, London is better than Birmingham and all his family and friends are here - I'm not really seeing what's in it for him?

I'd be careful of giving this one too much oxygen - I'm sure Villa's interest is genuine, but so far all the noise seems to be coming from rags like the Mirror. Most of the journos who are close to the club seem to think that he's close to signing a new contract, so if there's anything to this it will probably be his agent trying to leverage Villa's interest to squeeze an extra £10-20k/wk out of the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    London is better than Birmingham
    I heard that they're going to spend Billions to upgrade Aston into a Shitehole My Dad was from Aston and he hated the place with a passion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    I heard that they're going to spend Billions to upgrade Aston into a Shitehole My Dad was from Aston and he hated the place with a passion.
    Yeah,, let's see if that happens while ESR is still a professional footballer - mostly that says to me that he'd be living in a building site for the next 10 years...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...0.html?newsnow

I just dont get this.

If we dont want Guendouzi, why not just sell the guy??

We could put the money towards someone else. Personally, I would have him back at the club. He shows passion and commitment whenever he plays for us.

It is the same with Saliba. Just make up your mind Mikel, sell him or bring him back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...0.html?newsnow

I just dont get this.

If we dont want Guendouzi, why not just sell the guy??

We could put the money towards someone else. Personally, I would have him back at the club. He shows passion and commitment whenever he plays for us.

It is the same with Saliba. Just make up your mind Mikel, sell him or bring him back.
    Agree with all of that, another example of our having a rookie manager more concerned with showing who's boss than making sensible decisions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or maybe no one else wants him so we take the only offer on the table...

None of us know what went on behind the scenes but has to be more to it than just his reaction to Maupay's challenge on Leno.