User Tag List

Page 1250 of 1388 FirstFirst ... 25075011501200124012481249125012511252126013001350 ... LastLast
Results 12,491 to 12,500 of 13879

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    This tweet is unavailable

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spurs 1 - Arsenal 0 in “the Mind” series

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn’t watch it, but sounds like the story of our preseason so far: controlled large parts of the games; created some chances; either couldn’t put them away or no one in the middle.

Our better players are looking good, but we're still without a lot of them and we become average very quickly when we swap in the supporting cast. The striking problem isn’t going away either - a move there is starting to look essential now.

On the plus side Sambi and White sound like the absolute business - Sambi is ready now, no 6 month settling-in period needed, and White is showing that a CB of his profile was absolutely a priority. Mari and Holding look painfully limited when stood next to him, apparently.

Happy with the 3 moves we’ve made, but man! There’s a lot of work to get done in the next couple of weeks!
    Last edited by I am invisible; 09-08-2021 at 12:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need a new striker for sure, Auba's poor form is continuing on from last season, he's gone off the edge of a cliff in terms of his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely need a striker.

And a CM.

And an AM.

And a RB.

And a keeper.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Definitely need a striker.

And a CM.

And an AM.

And a RB.

And a keeper.
    Would be surprised if we get more than 3 of those. The Xhaka and Bellerin whispers suggest there won't be much movement in those positions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Would be surprised if we get more than 3 of those. The Xhaka and Bellerin whispers suggest there won't be much movement in those positions.
    3??? I would be surprised if we got 1 more signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Failing to get rid of the dross and in particular offering Xhaka a new contract shows Arteta and Edu are a couple of fucking clowns

Let's hope the team really tanks and that they're gone by Christmas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Failing to get rid of the dross and in particular offering Xhaka a new contract shows Arteta and Edu are a couple of fucking clowns

Let's hope the team really tanks and that they're gone by Christmas
    And bring in who? The club is a joke from top to bottom. Getting rid of these two will make no difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Yeah, it does feel like too much to happen in a couple of weeks now.

If it is a max. of 3 then one of them has to be a keeper - I can’t even begin to think about how fucked we are if we lose Leno! Question is who would you prioritise for the other 2 buys?

I think I’d go for the creative midfielder and a RB - I desperately want the striker, but adding another AM / 10 would solve a lot of problems with Laca and Auba, and I think a right-sided Tierney could be transformative for us. Whenever we lost Tierney last year we instantly looked a different, poorer side, but at least we had him available here and there - down the right we had nothing all season.