0 0%
Page 16 of 106 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Apparently there is going to Kreonke out protest before the match should be interesting.
    Look I'm no Kroenke fan but let's be honest, he has given Arteta a pretty much open wallet to go and spend! Kroenke is an issue in that he is very detached from it all but he is doing what he should be doing in as much as giving the Manager money to spend. Arteta has spent an absolute fortune the past two seasons and we have gone backwards!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Look I'm no Kroenke fan but let's be honest, he has given Arteta a pretty much open wallet to go and spend! Kroenke is an issue in that he is very detached from it all but he is doing what he should be doing in as much as giving the Manager money to spend. Arteta has spent an absolute fortune the past two seasons and we have gone backwards!

You can pin lots of things on Kronke, but he’s certainly let us open the chequebook over the last few seasons. The fact we’ve been shopping at Poundland and paying Harrods prices isn’t his fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Spot on.
    It's not Kroenke's fault that Edu and Arteta have pretty much wasted 140m 😂

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with Kroenke has never been lack of funds - it’s his absence and lack of direction, vision and oversight. All he ever had to do was appoint a good CEO to run the club and a fort balling board to oversee things and he could have faded into the background.

Edit: in that respect I think the fans have every right to protest his ownership - either get involved or hire someone competent to run the club, but stop leaving us in the hands of crooks and idiots like Gazidis, Raul and Vinnai. I swear to god they just give the job to whoever happens to be standing there when it comes up!
    Last edited by I am invisible; 05-09-2021 at 08:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone believe that any other result than a victory against Norwich that Arteta should be sacked? Personally, I believe he should have gone after the City game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Does anyone believe that any other result than a victory against Norwich that Arteta should be sacked? Personally, I believe he should have gone after the City game.
    With you all the wqy

Kind of hoping we lose tbh to hasten his departure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we’re talking about ‘should haves’ then he should have gone after Villarreal, so don’t get your hopes up.

The Kroenkes think they’re smarter than everyone else in the room, and possessed of level of foresight and patience that’s well beyond the average fan. After all, that’s why they’re the billionaire businessmen and we’re the angry mob of peasants. They’ll stick with it we’ll past breaking point, you watch - everything with them happens at a fucking glacial pace. And even when they do finally act, they’ll just reach for the closest, most convenient replacement - whoever happens to be standing there, asking for the job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    If we’re talking about ‘should haves’ then he should have gone after Villarreal, so don’t get your hopes up.

The Kroenkes think they’re smarter than everyone else in the room, and possessed of level of foresight and patience that’s well beyond the average fan. After all, that’s why they’re the billionaire businessmen and we’re the angry mob of peasants. They’ll stick with it we’ll past breaking point, you watch - everything with them happens at a fucking glacial pace. And even when they do finally act, they’ll just reach for the closest, most convenient replacement - whoever happens to be standing there, asking for the job.
    Let's play devils advocate here for one minute, if say for example we sack Arteta...which we should do and should have done last season, then regardless of who comes in we are not finishing top 4 this season and I suspect we will struggle to finish top 4 next season. We are now miles behind the top 4, they are all by some distance much better teams than us, and have much better squads and managers with the exception of maybe Ole at United.

We are firmly in the 5th-10th camp and if I am honest right now I would have us behind Leicester, Sc*m and arguably Everton / West Ham on current form, in fact I am not that confident we will finish above any of those teams this season.

Getting back to us hiring a new Manager, let's say we get the best available Manager right now, Conte for example, even with him in charge this team is finishing no higher than 5th place this season. I guess the point i am trying to make is that the rebuild is BIG and I have mentally accepted that we will be spending a few more seasons out of Top 4 given the level of competition in the League at the moment, Top 4 is almost a lock for City, United, Chelsea & Liverpool, each of those sides are capable of winning the league this season, the rest aren't which is why I think any improvement will be fairly marginal in as much as 5th place is our best possible hope.
    Last edited by selassie; 13-09-2021 at 10:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like Arteta to go but I'm prepared to see if he can get these new players working together.

The real test is what he does with Xhaka - if he walks straight back into the team then we can kiss this season goodbye, he destroys everything around him and if Arteta can't see that by now then there's no hope for him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I'd like Arteta to go but I'm prepared to see if he can get these new players working together.

The real test is what he does with Xhaka - if he walks straight back into the team then we can kiss this season goodbye, he destroys everything around him and if Arteta can't see that by now then there's no hope for him
    I never want to see Xhaka in an Arsenal shirt again, he epitomises everything that has been wrong with Arsenal as a football team for years now.