User Tag List

Page 1263 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 26376311631213125312611262126312641265127313131363 ... LastLast
Results 12,621 to 12,630 of 13792

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    It’ll be a World Cup in Qatar every 2 years soon! Good times.
    Wenger is on the case. I used to respect that man. Not any more.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Maybe one day all the clubs will be owned by evil billionaires and the advantages that confers will be cancelled out.
    All it'll do is just mean all the players will be getting a million pounds a week and none of them will be able to take a corner.
    The danger that the Premier League now has is the cost of competition will become so high, and the chances of even making the top 4 so low, that the other 16 clubs won’t even bother. Their business models will become nothing more than 1) get wages under control, 2) sell to Newcastle / City / Chelsea / United for 9 figures wherever possible, and 3) don’t get relegated.

I would actually laugh my arse off if the rest of the clubs started saving all their best players for the games they can realistically win and started playing 11 kids and reserves against these clubs! Sure, they’ll win every game 20-0 and will get 100+ points every season, but let’s see how quickly everyone loses interest when every game they play is an u23-level kick around…
    Last edited by I am invisible; 10-10-2021 at 08:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Maybe one day all the clubs will be owned by evil billionaires and the advantages that confers will be cancelled out.
    All it'll do is just mean all the players will be getting a million pounds a week and none of them will be able to take a corner.
    Not when there's the risk of relegation.

Super League
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The danger that the Premier League now has is the cost of competition will become so high, and the chances of even making the top 4 so low, that the other 16 clubs won’t even bother. Their business models will become nothing more than 1) get wages under control, 2) sell to Newcastle / City / Chelsea / United for 9 figures wherever possible, and 3) don’t get relegated.

I would actually laugh my arse off if the rest of the clubs started saving all their best players for the games they can realistically win and started playing 11 kids and reserves against these clubs! Sure, they’ll win every game 20-0 and will get 100+ points every season, but let’s see how quickly everyone loses interest when every game they play is an u23-level kick around…
    what competition how many times since the PL has existed has there been a real title race between more than 2 clubs. So perhaps 4 mega rich clubs will make it more competitive at the top.

Most other clubs objective is to not get relegated and maybe a cup. Europa league isnt really much incentive as it just messes up the league season by playing Thursday/Sunday/Thursday anyway.

i am actually glad another club is about to come to the trough. i am just glad they bought newcastle and not spurs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    what competition how many times since the PL has existed has there been a real title race between more than 2 clubs. So perhaps 4 mega rich clubs will make it more competitive at the top.

Most other clubs objective is to not get relegated and maybe a cup. Europa league isnt really much incentive as it just messes up the league season by playing Thursday/Sunday/Thursday anyway.

i am actually glad another club is about to come to the trough. i am just glad they bought newcastle and not spurs.
    The point is that it used to at least feel possible for anyone to mount a challenge if they got their shit together (at least in the first 15 years of the Prem). The fact that very few clubs actually did is neither here nor there - the opportunity at least always felt like it was there for the taking at the start of each season if you had a good plan and hired the right people.

Right now, I’m struggling to even picture a realistic scenario where we compete for the league again. Maybe a cup or a 4th place finish every 5-10 years, but that’s it. Doesn’t feel worth the time or effort required. The prospect of watching City, Chelsea and Newcastle buy the title off each other each year really doesn’t interest me, and I’m not sure I want to legitimise it by plastering on a fake smile and going through the motions for 10 months a year, every year, just so those 3 can pretend that they achieved something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a bit like being glad there is a new strain of cancer that will undermine the grasp the current strains of cancer have on the victim.

I would like it to collapse and all the so-called players (who can't play for fuck compared to the likes of Henry and Bergkamp) be kicked out on the streets to starve and decompose. That's the very least I'd like to see for this pretend sport. As for the owners. Send them to me and I'll make sure they suffer. Then I'll sleep like a baby.

Football used to belong to us. It was ours. It was the shitty, lower class bullshit we could call our own. Even that was too much for the cunts, so they took it too. NOT ONE THING WILL BE LEFT FOR YOU.

You will own NOTHING, and be HAPPY.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The point is that it used to at least feel possible for anyone to mount a challenge if they got their shit together (at least in the first 15 years of the Prem). The fact that very few clubs actually did is neither here nor there - the opportunity at least always felt like it was there for the taking at the start of each season if you had a good plan and hired the right people.

Right now, I’m struggling to even picture a realistic scenario where we compete for the league again. Maybe a cup or a 4th place finish every 5-10 years, but that’s it. Doesn’t feel worth the time or effort required. The prospect of watching City, Chelsea and Newcastle buy the title off each other each year really doesn’t interest me, and I’m not sure I want to legitimise it by plastering on a fake smile and going through the motions for 10 months a year, every year, just so those 3 can pretend that they achieved something.
    And say we somehow became so evil we could realistically compete. And we cheated our way to the top, like the chavs or the gypos or (to a lesser degree but let's not pretend) the scousers? Yay! We are the most evil club in the land. Let's have an open top parade. Let's tease spuds who are wannabe evil fucks but they just aren't evil enough. We are more evil than them. Suck it up, less evil losers! We are the most evil of all! Yay! The very definition of winning.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liverpool showed you can compete with City and Chelsea in an isolated season. Does football really take up much of my time, not really. i dont go to games anymore. if its on tv i will watch it but i dont necessarily watch or pay attention to the full 90 minutes.

i think it has got to the stage where you enjoy an isolated game like beating chelsea spurs instead of a real expectation to finish top 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool showed you can compete with City and Chelsea in an isolated season. Does football really take up much of my time, not really. i dont go to games anymore. if its on tv i will watch it but i dont necessarily watch or pay attention to the full 90 minutes.

i think it has got to the stage where you enjoy an isolated game like beating chelsea spurs instead of a real expectation to finish top 4.
    it's that kind of thing that keeps most football fans going - we're privileged to even think about being in the top 6 tbh

personally my expectations are so low i just want Xhaka to get binned and i'd be happy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Success is going to be defined as luring billionaires into the game who are prepared to splash cash and inflate everything into orbit. The natural progression of this is all 20 PL clubs having to "compete" in the only way they realistically can, by welcoming in deep pockets with no questions asked (or allowed). Eventually everyone will be back on a level playing field but the football won't have improved, the entertainment won't be raised, all that will happen is everything will become wildly expensive and exclusive. No place for "legacy fans", as the very people who built the game through their unconditional support through thick and thin are now called.

We'll be back to where we were before the first billionaire scumbag pitched up and tipped the table, in terms of competition. The difference being highly dubious individuals will be viewed as respectable, the fantasy gap between the players and the fans will have widened by galactic proportions and the corrupt individuals who run the whole show will be putting bigger envelopes in their back pockets.

On the bright side, we do have a World Cup in Qatar to look forward to.

The game's not dead yet, its last gasp will come when the last PL club excitedly announces its new billionaire war criminal owner.
    I agree that this is a logical end point of what we are seeing in the EPL. If every club is owned by a billionaire there will be a certain levelling up. I think the problem is that even the billionaires will not be equal. If you are a Petro State buying good PR then any business case goes out of the window, and spending is essentially limitless. But our owner is a billionaire who is more interested in asset building than success, so some billionaires will not be prepared to match those prepared to spend the most. The result? If you are state owned or Abramovich then you will be top tier, because you don't care about the bottom line at all, and everyone else will be an also ran. Similar in a way to where we are now. The question in the long term is whether non top tier clubs will retain support - because part of being a supporter is the dream of success. With a growing divide, the league becomes totally uncompetetive and I can see a long slow death for the game as we know it now.

Funny how in the most capitalist country on earth the draft top sport tries to ensure that competition is kept alive, but in the EPL we are now beyond this. I see two long term results of this kind of unrestricted investment - (1) the top tier sides break off into a new incarnation of the ESL which at least preserves the illusion of competition (even though its a closed shop), or (2) we enter into a kind of WWF situation where football is regarded as pure entertainmet rather than true sporting endeavor.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter