User Tag List

Page 2926 of 3202 FirstFirst ... 1926242628262876291629242925292629272928293629763026 ... LastLast
Results 29,251 to 29,260 of 32015

Thread: "Currants Bw..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Tube drivers can, as always, fuck the fuck off.
    Just make it like the DLR and automate it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. The more people us leftists can put out of a job the more our society will mirror utopia. Anyone who disrupts the comfortable classes should be punished.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except automation doesn't actually mean lots of people are jobless. Automation has been going on for a century or more, you don't have half the population out of work now because if it.
    Jobs just change and automation creates new roles which didn't exist before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except automation doesn't actually mean lots of people are jobless. Automation has been going on for a century or more, you don't have half the population out of work now because if it.
    Jobs just change and automation creates new roles which didn't exist before.
    Agreed. As Christ himself once said - On yer bike!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies. Herself.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they identified as God actually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they identified as God actually
    How very Faucian. This won't go down well with the atheists.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Agreed. As Christ himself once said - On yer bike!
    More seriously, He did say something about the love of money being the root of all kinds of evil
    (Bolded the parts people generally miss out when they misquote this).
    So, honestly, I don't have much sympathy for Tube Drivers. They get paid very well for doing a relatively easy job. And they repeatedly hold the capital to ransom with strikes.
    So I wouldn't be shedding tears were they replaced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More seriously, He did say something about the love of money being the root of all kinds of evil
    (Bolded the parts people generally miss out when they misquote this).
    So, honestly, I don't have much sympathy for Tube Drivers. They get paid very well for doing a relatively easy job. And they repeatedly hold the capital to ransom with strikes.
    So I wouldn't be shedding tears were they replaced.
    Maybe they just want what they had 5 minutes ago, what with inflation being allowed to "rip through" the honest half of the population. Or maybe they need more to pay their increased taxes. Or maybe the reduction in services they have already paid for has forced them to pay twice. Just a shame that everyone isn't on strike but you'll never get that with so many people who are alright, Jack. Has anyone looked into the reason they are on strike or did a BBC expert proclaim greet as the root? Could even be they have all become used to staying at home, hiding from colds and flu and just fancy a few days off. Hard to say in clown world.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the new definition of depravity? I don't agree with statues being smashed up all over the place, but to actually defend the icon of kiddie molestation proudly displayed by the BBC, in modern times. That requires a new definition for depravity. The BBC acolytes really are unspeakable.

The artwork versus the artist
    By (cunt) Katie Razzall, (anti)culture editor

What defines an artist - their work or their life? Ever since Eric Gill's crimes have come to light, it's been something to ponder as you walk into the BBC's Old Broadcasting House, entering the building under his looming Prospero and Ariel.

But when I arrived at work on Wednesday afternoon, a ladder was leaning up against the building and a man stood on the plinth above the doorway, shouting "paedophile" and attacking the statue with a hammer, feet first.

He was also trying to detach the 10ft (3m) sculpture from whatever anchors it to the BBC offices. On the pavement, another man livestreamed it.

With every loud smash, there'd be a moan or a shout of "stop" from someone in the gathering crowd below. It felt brutal; an assault on beauty.

Eric Gill was a monster, a depraved paedophile who abused his daughters and others. But as a sculptor he made wondrous creations.

At a time when statues across the country are being reassessed, there'll be those who believe that if it's legal to tear down a monument to a prominent slaver, as happened in Bristol, it is also time to do the same to an artwork by a man who committed horrific sexual crimes. If that's the case though, where does it end?
    Für eure Sicherheit