• Saturday

0 0%
Page 75 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: When will Arteta be sacked by

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Madness to suggest sacking him now. He’s built a team that’s currently delivering our best season in 20 years. All the players attribute their progress to him and it would tear down everything we’ve built if he were to leave.

If we don’t win the league, it will probably be because we couldn’t win at Anfield or the Etihad. These are monumental tasks in any season. We couldn’t have asked for much more right now. We want an A+ but an A- season is still beyond anything we expected.

There’s plenty to improve on but this squad has a high enough ceiling to come again and that’s thanks to Arteta and also Edu who revamped the entire strategy of the club.

We’re finally back in the CL next year too so that’s something to look forward to and will no doubt help us in the transfer market as well.

I know we’re all desperate for the title but stories don’t always have happy endings. Thanks to City and their cheat codes just being an excellent team isn’t enough anymore to win the league.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 10-04-2023 at 11:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure i get what you're all saying and i know it's a bit crazy to talk about replacing Arteta, but as i said above Abramovich's Chelsea and I'd argue some continental clubs would do it if they thought it necessary so it's not beyond contemplation

It's not based on anger but it's certainly an argumemt based on personal preference, as someone who pays to go to the games it's depressing to think we're stuck with Xhaka and Zin and the no-left-back system for the forseeable future, personally i can't stand it and so purely from a selfish POV, if Arteta won't change it it's always going to annoy me and make me inclined to want to see what somone else could do with that squad (or most of it)

When Tierney goes in the summer - which he surely will - it will be a really depressing moment, especially if he then does really well for someone like Newcastle

I'll say one more time that different managers work with different teams at different points of their evolution

But sure we will of course keep Arteta and all well and good and I'll just have to suck it up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Sure i get what you're all saying and i know it's a bit crazy to talk about replacing Arteta, but as i said above Abramovich's Chelsea and I'd argue some continental clubs would do it if they thought it necessary so it's not beyond contemplation

It's not based on anger but it's certainly an argumemt based on personal preference, as someone who pays to go to the games it's depressing to think we're stuck with Xhaka and Zin and the no-left-back system for the forseeable future, personally i can't stand it and so purely from a selfish POV, if Arteta won't change it it's always going to annoy me and make me inclined to want to see what somone else could do with that squad (or most of it)

When Tierney goes in the summer - which he surely will - it will be a really depressing moment, especially if he then does really well for someone like Newcastle

I'll say one more time that different managers work with different teams at different points of their evolution

But sure we will of course keep Arteta and all well and good and I'll just have to suck it up
    Ultimately I resigned myself to the fact long, long ago that there will always be players who play for us that I don’t like

Let’s be fair the main purpose of the full back role seems less defensive and more about supplementing the attack these days.

For me we wouldn’t need an inverted left back if Xhaka had more positional discipline but at the same time, I think it actually works better him going forward, not just because he’s not great defensively but he definitely gives us more options in terms of attacking outlets. As much as I overall prefer someone like Tielemans because I think he’s technically better, I think the way Xhaka lurks deep outside the opponents box means that far more than ever used to be the case we can recycle the ball when it gets clear (Odegaard also very good at this)

I think Arteta is an adaptative manager, he’s also smug and Galaxy brained and stubborn but the anthithesis of this is being a prevaricater who is unsure of himself. Plus Klopp and Guardiola are quite dogmatic in the style they play.

It’s not for me his style, we don’t take anywhere near enough advantage of counter attacking opportunities. It also often feels like we can’t strike quite the right balance between attack and defence. But I still think we are a work in progress

It felt to me years ago that there were obvious candidates to replace Wenger, but there is no one obvious to replace Arteta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the cold light of day this morning, two things are clear to me

The first is that Citeh will win the league

The second is that we need to part ways with Arteta in the summer

He's done well to get us a strong team spirit but we have to say he was fortunate to benefit from some of the players we had

Yesterday showed that his flaws will always hold us back from competing with the best

The PL will be tougher next year, we also have the CL

We need someone with top experience to pick up from here

It's what Chelsea in their winning era would have done and we need to do the same to get that kind of success

We need someone who's got no time for Xhaka's idiocy, Zin's flaws and the madness of never using one of the best left backs in the country

So we need to say "thanks Mikel, we'll take it from here"
    The most annoying thing is that Arteta keeps faith with Xhaka and ignores Tierney. We were getting battered for 50 minutes of the game and brings on Tierney on 88 minutes what the fuck?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    The most annoying thing is that Arteta keeps faith with Xhaka and ignores Tierney. We were getting battered for 50 minutes of the game and brings on Tierney on 88 minutes what the fuck?
    Yeah, he does have his favourites, I think most people admit that

Like you say, Tierney should have either started or certainly replaced Zin on about 60 mins - it's exactly that kind of thing that's irritating, if we lose fair and square it's one thing, but if it's through our own mistakes it's harder to take

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the cold light of day this morning, two things are clear to me

The first is that Citeh will win the league

The second is that we need to part ways with Arteta in the summer

He's done well to get us a strong team spirit but we have to say he was fortunate to benefit from some of the players we had

Yesterday showed that his flaws will always hold us back from competing with the best

The PL will be tougher next year, we also have the CL

We need someone with top experience to pick up from here

It's what Chelsea in their winning era would have done and we need to do the same to get that kind of success

We need someone who's got no time for Xhaka's idiocy, Zin's flaws and the madness of never using one of the best left backs in the country

So we need to say "thanks Mikel, we'll take it from here"
    Quite enjoyed reading this ha. Easy not to speak against consensus.

Definitely get the sentiment, tbh. The suggestion that Arteta may have peaked is pretty reasonable to me. I'm not sure it clicks like this again for him but he's at least earned the chance to fail, I guess.

His favoritism of certain players is baffling, particularly when it's so blatantly to the detriment of him and the team.

I guess if I had to defend him otd be a long the lines of my similarly staunch defence of players like Saka, in that he's still young and relatively inexperienced. Those subs yesterday absolutely reeked of inexperience and cowardice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I see your point is that the ruthlessness we should apply is to not let him use his right to fail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Actually, I see your point is that the ruthlessness we should apply is to not let him use his right to fail.
    Pretty much, yes...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    Fucking hell .

This is just too silly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

This is just too silly.
    No, it's just a POV you don't agree with, but as I keep.pointing out (and no-one has dealt with), it's an approach taken by other clubs including Chelsea which netted them a hatful of honours

Not that I particularly want us to emulate Chelsea, but it's a valid point to make even if no-one agrees