User Tag List

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: This Weekend's Fixtures & Two Others (09/10/11/13 Mar).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I agree. The whole world and his wife seem to think it was nailed on. I really don't see it that way, he got the ball.
    I'd have been fuming had a penalty been given against us for that.
    The question you have to always ask is, is that given as a foul outside the box? And I think it is

The intent is to get the ball no question, but no question looking at his and McAllister’s momentum he’s not clearing that ball with his leg/boot without making contact with McAllister which he does.

Possibly a bit harsh if it’s given, but if you look at where the ball is, McAllister either has to cushion the ball with his head to bring it down and control it with his feet. There’s just not the space and time for him to do that, and Doku can use his body to block. So then the question comes is it a necessary interception?

I’d absolutely be fuming if a penalty was given against us for it as well, but there’s no way I’d expect VAR to overturn it if the referee had given it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually can't remember if that's exactly what I said.
    It is the sort of thing I can imagine myself saying though. And there's a clear difference between the two words.
    And, as always, context is important. And the context was the previous FB post. It was clearly a joke.
    And my main point was no-one in the team I was meeting was offended. It was some busy-body who I'm not even FB friends with who decided it was ever so offensive on his behalf.
    Ok, but given your profile is public that's why you have to verge on the safe side

Personally i think you overstepped the mark and i'm glad I reported it :D

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whyioughta...!

(I did find out who it was at the time, it was someone I barely knew. No idea why he was sticking his oar in)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whyioughta...!

(I did find out who it was at the time, it was someone I barely knew. No idea why he was sticking his oar in)
    He was a cunt??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    The question you have to always ask is, is that given as a foul outside the box? And I think it is
    Probably true, but a mate tried to compare it to De Jong in 2010 which is clearly bullshit

De Jong is nowhere near the ball and makes no attempt to play it. He should have been sent off.
    Doku not only attempted to play the ball he did play the ball.
    Now, fine, he caught the player too and one could argue it's reckless. It's definitely high foot and would generally be given as a foul. BUT...I don't think it was a clear and obvious error which is why VAR didn't overturn it and I think rightly so.

On another day a pel could have been given and I agree VAR wouldn't have overturned it the other way either for the same reason. I'm just not seeing it as the stonewall penalty some people are claiming. I also note that Liverpool fans who are crying are forgetting that not long earlier City hit the post and but for a very kind rebound in to the 'keepers arms they could have lost it. So, overall, shut yer yaps you whining Scousers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    He was a cunt??
    That could have been it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably true, but a mate tried to compare it to De Jong in 2010 which is clearly bullshit

De Jong is nowhere near the ball and makes no attempt to play it. He should have been sent off.
    Doku not only attempted to play the ball he did play the ball.
    Now, fine, he caught the player too and one could argue it's reckless. It's definitely high foot and would generally be given as a foul. BUT...I don't think it was a clear and obvious error which is why VAR didn't overturn it and I think rightly so.

On another day a pel could have been given and I agree VAR wouldn't have overturned it the other way either for the same reason. I'm just not seeing it as the stonewall penalty some people are claiming. I also note that Liverpool fans who are crying are forgetting that not long earlier City hit the post and but for a very kind rebound in to the 'keepers arms they could have lost it. So, overall, shut yer yaps you whining Scousers.
    Oh exactly, I definitely don’t think they’ve been hard done by. I just think equally that could have been given

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't really bring myself to care that much, because I can't really bring myself to care that much about football in general anymore, but I can't see how studs to a chest isn't a nailed on foul, in any situation.
    He did touch the ball, but only after MacAllister got there first, so I'd argue he didn't "get the ball" but in any case, whether he got the ball or not is completely moo when it comes to reckless/dangerous/endangering the opponent or whatever its called. The same as there being no "intent".... it doesn't matter. That's not the rule.

I think a draw was ultimately fair, as frenetic as it was it wasn't the two teams at their best at all. Both had good chances, both missed good chances. I still think all 3 teams are gonna drop points in the last 10 (?) games.

I'm not entirely sure why but I'm developing an irrational dislike of Foden. And I actually can't explain it as there's nothing to actively dislike, and he is obviously a very very very good footballer. At least my loathing of Pickford, Richarlison and Walker are based on something. Anyhoo...

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Profit and Sustainability rules are being junked in the summer.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok they'll be replaced but still, funny how quickly these rules came in and went.